Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 08:51:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 130901 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: June 26, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »

Bernie Sanders wouldn't commit to dropping out of the race before the convention if he were not the nominee and said some people say he would've beat Trump "if the system weren't rigged against me."  with @kasie

The good people of Iowa need to give him fourth or fifth place finish.

Bury this asshole before he tries to **** everyone over with his vanity campaign.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1551 on: June 26, 2019, 05:22:40 PM »

Bernie Sanders wouldn't commit to dropping out of the race before the convention if he were not the nominee and said some people say he would've beat Trump "if the system weren't rigged against me."  with @kasie

Ah yes, it was totally rigged... if by rigged, of course, he means that his opponent was significantly more popular with primary voters &, thus, earned 4 million more votes, then yep, definitely rigged.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1552 on: June 26, 2019, 06:17:46 PM »

Bernie Sanders wouldn't commit to dropping out of the race before the convention if he were not the nominee and said some people say he would've beat Trump "if the system weren't rigged against me."  with @kasie

Ah yes, it was totally rigged... if by rigged, of course, he means that his opponent was significantly more popular with primary voters &, thus, earned 4 million more votes, then yep, definitely rigged.

Inb4 jfern mentions David Brock.
bilaps
« Reply #1553 on: June 26, 2019, 06:21:44 PM »

I'm wondering how Clinton bots feel when they wake up each morning knowing their allmighty candidate got sent to the dustbin of history by a guy who can barely formulate a sentence.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1554 on: June 26, 2019, 06:48:53 PM »

I'm wondering how Clinton bots feel when they wake up each morning knowing their allmighty candidate got sent to the dustbin of history by a guy who can barely formulate a sentence.

I don't know if I'm a "Clinton bot" per se, but I did vote for her in the primary and probably like her more than the average person. But I for one think everyone should wake up with a sense of dread like I do in Trump's America, regardless of what you thought of Clinton.

As much as I supported her, I always thought she was vulnerable to lose in 2016 almost entirely due to the eight year itch. Thankfully she was gifted with what, at the time, seemed like a blessing with Trump being nominated by the GOP. I thought going up against him would be her best chance to win, other than someone like Cruz perhaps. As the election went on though, and I saw how Trump managed to effectively manipulate so many Americans, I knew it was going to be a close election. Trump's unorthodox persona proved to be very difficult to run against. At various times I thought she would win like during the debates and the Access Hollywood tape's relevance, and at others I thought she would lose like when she collapsed from pneumonia and the Comey press conference. Unfortunately, it was that last thing that I believe did her in for good. Had that happened at an earlier time, or had the election taken place some other time, I think she would have won in a squeaker.

There is no doubt about it though, that in spite of my pessimistic expectations, it does hurt to know that she lost to the worst person possible. She probably would have lost to 50% of any of the other Republicans that ran that year too, but they just happened to have nominated the most reprehensible one possible. And I would have felt that same way if Sanders, or whomever else was nominated too. Hell, everyone at a minimum should be at least sort of pissed that the candidate who got more votes lost!

So don't think I'm sort of deluded worshiper of her's, or that most other Clinton supporters are either.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1555 on: June 26, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »

I don't know if I'm a "Clinton bot" per se, but I did vote for her in the primary and probably like her more than the average person. But I for one think everyone should wake up with a sense of dread like I do in Trump's America, regardless of what you thought of Clinton.

As much as I supported her, I always thought she was vulnerable to lose in 2016 almost entirely due to the eight year itch. Thankfully she was gifted with what, at the time, seemed like a blessing with Trump being nominated by the GOP. I thought going up against him would be her best chance to win, other than someone like Cruz perhaps. As the election went on though, and I saw how Trump managed to effectively manipulate so many Americans, I knew it was going to be a close election. Trump's unorthodox persona proved to be very difficult to run against. At various times I thought she would win like during the debates and the Access Hollywood tape's relevance, and at others I thought she would lose like when she collapsed from pneumonia and the Comey press conference. Unfortunately, it was that last thing that I believe did her in for good. Had that happened at an earlier time, or had the election taken place some other time, I think she would have won in a squeaker.

There is no doubt about it though, that in spite of my pessimistic expectations, it does hurt to know that she lost to the worst person possible. She probably would have lost to 50% of any of the other Republicans that ran that year too, but they just happened to have nominated the most reprehensible one possible. And I would have felt that same way if Sanders, or whomever else was nominated too. Hell, everyone at a minimum should be at least sort of pissed that the candidate who got more votes lost!

So don't think I'm sort of deluded worshiper of her's, or that most other Clinton supporters are either.

This.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1556 on: June 26, 2019, 08:56:01 PM »

Bernie Sanders wouldn't commit to dropping out of the race before the convention if he were not the nominee and said some people say he would've beat Trump "if the system weren't rigged against me."  with @kasie

The good people of Iowa need to give him fourth or fifth place finish.

Bury this asshole before he tries to **** everyone over with his vanity campaign.

You okay?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1557 on: June 26, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »

Why should he drop out before the convention? What if it is a hung house with no one getting a majority?

Why are people asking idiotic questions & posting stupid replies. If you are dumb, then don't go on posting & embarrassing yourself. The chances of no1 getting 51% of the delegates is quite high in such a diverse field.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1558 on: June 26, 2019, 11:31:05 PM »

Why should he drop out before the convention? What if it is a hung house with no one getting a majority?

Why are people asking idiotic questions & posting stupid replies. If you are dumb, then don't go on posting & embarrassing yourself. The chances of no1 getting 51% of the delegates is quite high in such a diverse field.

Because the question was whether he'd drop out if he were not the nominee, so the question inherently presumes there's already a presumptive nominee going into the (non-contested) convention.

Maybe you'd have known that if you'd spent a little more time reading the question & a little less time formulating ways to call your fellow posters idiotic, stupid, & dumb.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1559 on: June 27, 2019, 01:28:17 AM »

Because the question was whether he'd drop out if he were not the nominee, so the question inherently presumes there's already a presumptive nominee going into the (non-contested) convention.

Maybe you'd have known that if you'd spent a little more time reading the question & a little less time formulating ways to call your fellow posters idiotic, stupid, & dumb.

These people can't comprehend the notion that Saint Bernie might not be the nominee.
James Monroe

« Reply #1560 on: June 27, 2019, 11:54:50 AM »

Inb4 jfern mentions David Brock.

Neera Tanden, the DNC, black primary voters, Tom Watson, blah blah blah blah....
Angel of Death
« Reply #1561 on: June 27, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »

https://www.twitch.tv/bernie_sanders
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1562 on: June 27, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »

I can't wait to see the Bros defend Sanders performance tonight and how he won.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1563 on: June 27, 2019, 10:14:49 PM »

I can't wait to see the Bros defend Sanders performance tonight and how he won.

I thought Bernie was fine. Didn't set the stage alight but his target audience will like what he said.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1564 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:35 PM »

Sanders did terribly tonight. He could have made good points several times, but failed to.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1565 on: June 27, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »

We get it. A lot of Atlas just hates Bernie. You are not representative of primary voters.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1566 on: June 27, 2019, 10:18:53 PM »

Sanders didn't do badly. Harris did better, but he did far better than Biden did lol.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1567 on: June 27, 2019, 10:20:11 PM »

We get it. A lot of Atlas just hates Bernie. You are not representative of primary voters.

I don't "just hate" Bernie, I've been one of his consistent defenders on this site. But there's no mistaking it, he lost tonight's debate.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1568 on: June 27, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »

Oh spare me the persecution complex when everyone is saying how great Kamala was while most Atlas poster freaked out at all of her answers
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1569 on: June 27, 2019, 10:29:56 PM »

Bernie's response to Biden on Iraq and his closing were excellent, but his overall performance was not that remarkable. He was giving his standard pitch and nothing more.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1570 on: June 27, 2019, 10:57:44 PM »

I don't "just hate" Bernie, I've been one of his consistent defenders on this site. But there's no mistaking it, he lost tonight's debate.

Take off your blinders. He didn't lose or win.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1571 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »

He performed well for the most part.

Obviously Harris won the debate and Biden was the big loser.

Anyone who thinks Sanders did worse than Biden needs to lay off the crack pipe for a bit.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1572 on: June 27, 2019, 10:59:41 PM »

I wouldn't say he "won", but I think it was a pretty standard/average performance on his part. Probably won't change his numbers much.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1573 on: June 27, 2019, 11:05:03 PM »

Sorry, I only watched the 2nd half but in that half Bernie was awful. The only time he was asked to speak in depth in an area outside his wheelhouse was Roe v Wade, and he said he'd rotate judges (wtf?) and then went on to wrongly state that Medicare for all codifies Roe into law. Literally incoherent.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1574 on: June 28, 2019, 01:12:24 AM »

Post of the year.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies