Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:01:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137620 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: February 13, 2020, 01:27:07 PM »

I can't see anyone picking Pete as a running mate. In general, he won't help the ticket in the GE, and where he would, there are other choices that would help more. Pete still has a chance to be the Presidential nominee this year, but none to be the Vice Presidential nominee.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1601 on: February 13, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »

Pete as VP helps with fundraising. So not a motivation for Bloomberg.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1602 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »

I can't see anyone picking Pete as a running mate. In general, he won't help the ticket in the GE, and where he would, there are other choices that would help more. Pete still has a chance to be the Presidential nominee this year, but none to be the Vice Presidential nominee.

Plus, the rest of the field hates him for "not waiting his turn."
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1603 on: February 13, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »

Brokered convention Bloomberg/Pete ticket?

I can only moan so loudly.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1604 on: February 13, 2020, 07:54:19 PM »

Plus, the rest of the field hates him for "not waiting his turn."

Waiting their turn is the primary job requirement for Vice Presidents.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1605 on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:06 PM »

Whatever happened to this guy? He used to be so awesome.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1606 on: February 13, 2020, 09:38:48 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 09:45:11 PM by Neoliberalism is Evil »

He gave in to the temptation (the donors).

Though I never thought he was "awesome".
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1607 on: February 13, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »

he started becoming a threat to bernie's nomination so people now hate him with a burning passion
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1608 on: February 13, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 09:50:11 PM by KaiserDave »

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

(Applies to both of them)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1609 on: February 13, 2020, 09:52:35 PM »

I can't speak for RI, but personally I find this whole line of questioning a dumb waste of time.  Nobody who knows whom Pete Buttigieg is has any misconceptions about whether Trump is a sincere Christian.  You might as well ask whether the pope is Hindu.

The point is not whether or not people on the right or left know the truth. Everyone knows the truth. The point is to force a confrontation with (one bit) of the endless Republican gaslightling. 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1610 on: February 13, 2020, 10:01:08 PM »

Mayor Pete is not in a position to judge others here.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1611 on: February 13, 2020, 10:03:45 PM »

he started becoming a threat to bernie's nomination so people now hate him with a burning passion

People hate him with a burning passion because he sold out on healthcare and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves as much as the Trumpists. And I'm saying this as someone just as opposed to Bernie's nomination because his plans don't have any realistic way to enact.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1612 on: February 13, 2020, 10:06:45 PM »

Pete is certainly a fake Christian, Trump most likely is as well.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1613 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:07 PM »

Yes, but Erick Erickson (who can't seem to get the mental image of Pete and what he does with his husband behind closed doors out of his head) is?

Pete Buttigieg is Episcopalian and you yourself said that the different views of homosexuality are irreconcilable between the mainline Protestant and Catholic/Orthodox positions.  If Pete is "judging" anyone, he is simply doing what those other denominations have been doing to people like him for years.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1614 on: February 13, 2020, 10:16:27 PM »

Because........?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1615 on: February 13, 2020, 10:27:28 PM »

Yes, but Erick Erickson (who can't seem to get the mental image of Pete and what he does with his husband behind closed doors out of his head) is?

Pete Buttigieg is Episcopalian and you yourself said that the different views of homosexuality are irreconcilable between the mainline Protestant and Catholic/Orthodox positions.  If Pete is "judging" anyone, he is simply doing what those other denominations have been doing to people like him for years.

And I recall people on the opposite side in that thread from me being baffled that traditionalist and conservative exegetes simply do not accept the idea that the Bible should be subject to modern ideas about morality. Likewise, many posters in this thread seem quite unaccustomed to the notion that we would find Buttigieg to be a hypocrite in criticizing another man's religious practice. I agree with Yellowhammer that Trump definitely seems to be a hypocrite too, but we certainly won't give Buttigieg a pass for his sins.
Dalfyrie
United States

« Reply #1616 on: February 13, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »

People hate him with a burning passion because he sold out on healthcare and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves as much as the Trumpists. And I'm saying this as someone just as opposed to Bernie's nomination because his plans don't have any realistic way to enact.

The poor blacks and poor whites who actually live in the ghetto in South Bend always hated Mayo Pete, knowing he was not a leftist and only governed for the rich.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1617 on: February 14, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »

Didn't people also complain about Obama not waiting his turn in 2008?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1618 on: February 14, 2020, 11:33:13 AM »

Didn't people also complain about Obama not waiting his turn in 2008?

Correct! Just goes to show that that argument can be made by folks everywhere in the ideological space.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #1619 on: February 15, 2020, 05:26:11 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2020, 05:32:43 AM by Pete Is more corrupt than the GOP »

I can’t stand this grandstanding. It’s meant to smear Bernie and make him look silly. I disagree with Bernies policy because it will never pass Congress or be legal (like Amy) so instead of focusing on the impossible lets do what can be done and remain legal. Pete talks like an old school republican owned by special interests and he needs to be called out on it. Taking money from special interests makes you corrupt.

Pete talks like a republican and is in the wrong party.

Just to remind Pete and this should be put on every billboard in America.

McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #1620 on: February 15, 2020, 05:40:18 AM »

You're also a Republican talking point

How about that?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1621 on: February 15, 2020, 05:48:50 AM »

Yes, but I have to say it's a really odd turn of events to see you defending Bernie Sanders. You really can't stand Pete Buttigieg that much?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1622 on: February 15, 2020, 06:21:38 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2020, 06:24:50 AM by President Pericles »

How can you say supporting a public option is a Republican talking point when you yourself support a public option? Your hatred of Buttigieg is defying logic here.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1623 on: February 15, 2020, 06:23:17 AM »

So first he supported it, then billionaires donated to him which led to him stopping support it, now he's contradicting himself by saying he supports Medicare for All when he's literally positioned himself as the anti-Medicare for All candidate?

Pete, pick a position and stick to it. It's not difficult.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #1624 on: February 15, 2020, 06:40:06 AM »

How can you say supporting a public option is a Republican talking point when you yourself support a public option? Your hatred of Buttigieg is defying logic here.

My position is actually the same as probably the majority of people and senators/congressmen the democratic party.

1) I don't need to hear ANYMORE why we need medicare for all.
2) I want to hear HOW we get there, HOW we get the votes in congress for it to pass and HOW it remains legal. Bernie refuses to answer these questions hence doesn't have my support and 2/3s of the democratic party Senators and people in congress would vote for it if it was viable and practical. Its easy supporting medicare for all in a safe district without ever having to justify these policies.
3) As you say my "hatred for Pete" is based solely in his corruption. The private insurance lobbying group in Des Moines Iowa paid him off and changed his policy. He says the exact same policies as lobbyists from insurance and big pharma say. He represents the Dick Durbin and Bob Menendez wing of the democratic party which is owned by the specials interests of big pharma, insurance, credit card industry, wall street and every corrupt big industrial complex that rigs the system.
4) Amy Klobuchar is not part of this system. She was the first senator to refuse to see lobbyists from big pharma. Every senator has two pharma lobbyists she refused to engage with them on day one and still remains 14 years on. Elizabeth Warren is not part of this system. She has fought for consumers and stood up to big corporates. Bernie Sanders is not part of this system he has been fighting it for decades. Joe Biden made a career fighting for the credit card industry and getting credit cards to the middle class and working class who probably couldn't afford it. Pete Buttigieg has embraced corruption. The more lobbyists, bundlers and special interests fighting for him the better. His policies are shaped not by him but by who owns him. He has no policies but speaks on platitudes because he doesnt know what his bundlers want. He doesn't even know what he would do on day one because he will have to wait for permission on what to get done. He will be a puppet. His vp will be chosen by who owns him not by his team or by Pete. He represents everything wrong with the corruption in Washington.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies