Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:56:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 135241 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: March 01, 2020, 08:52:09 PM »

Mayor Pete goes full blown on DJT on the the Virus and basically backs all DEM opponents
What did he say? Does that mean no Biden endorsement?

Not yet... he's talking about his Mom and his Father who just recently passed...
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1826 on: March 01, 2020, 08:53:01 PM »

Mayor Pete goes full blown on DJT on the the Virus and basically backs all DEM opponents

Not yet... he's talking about his Mom and his Father who just recently passed...

He's totally doing it soon though, probably tomorrow.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1827 on: March 01, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »

Is this a sure thing? Or speculation?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1828 on: March 01, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »

Is this a sure thing? Or speculation?

Speculation, but one of the first things he did after dropping out was to reach out to Biden.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1829 on: March 01, 2020, 09:18:40 PM »

Honestly see this as one of Pete's best speeches of the Campaign Season, well beyond debate performances...

A Non-Endorsement is probably a good move...

One of the Youngest DEM PRES candidates in recent Years, who played to the Center-Right of the DEM Party, a Military VET who performed service in a War Zone, Openly Gay & Married to a Man, appealed very much to White DEM Voters from all backgrounds....

Why jump into the mix now and risk future support from many voters that are sympathetic from a variety of Generations, at a time where the DEM Party is shifting significantly to the Left on a wide variety of Economic Policy positions???
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1830 on: March 01, 2020, 09:19:20 PM »

Buttigieg is not favored to win any higher office in Indiana. His jump to a presidential run was telling in that regard.

Absolutely not. He raised tons of money that will be converted over to his gov or sen campaign in Indiana.

Dude, it's 2020's INDIANA. He's not getting elected to the Senate there any time.

Well, maybe Governor in 4 years now that I think about it. He probably needs some redistricting help to have a good shot at the second district against Jackie what's her face.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #1831 on: March 01, 2020, 09:36:03 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1832 on: March 01, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »

LOL good luck with that after the attacks. I've resigned myself to voting for Biden on Tuesday.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1833 on: March 01, 2020, 09:54:24 PM »

You Sanders supporters are just the worst.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1834 on: March 01, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »

LOL good luck with that after the attacks. I've resigned myself to voting for Biden on Tuesday.

If I were in your position, I would at least consider Warren because she is pretty clearly the closest to Buttigieg in the race being a technocrat and this is a state where she can be competitive. Anywhere else I hold my nose and vote for the guy who will be a vegetable in office.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1835 on: March 01, 2020, 10:21:28 PM »

If I were in your position, I would at least consider Warren because she is pretty clearly the closest to Buttigieg in the race being a technocrat and this is a state where she can be competitive. Anywhere else I hold my nose and vote for the guy who will be a vegetable in office.

Fwiw, if we're up to me to wave a magic wand and pick the next president out of all our candidates, and didn't have to worry about the messy business of either having a chance at the nomination or not pandering, stumbling enough to beat Trump, I gladly pick Warren. However, neither of those criteria fit her so, Biden it is. I think.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1836 on: March 01, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »

Great speech. This is the loosest I've seen him in a while.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1837 on: March 01, 2020, 10:33:53 PM »

Pete probably won't be directly endorsing anytime in the near future. His original goal was to raise his profile enough to be cabinet material. Even if his temporary play for the big office failed, this original goal looks to have been accomplished. Holding off on the endorsement in case the nominee doesn't end up as Joe helps him slide into something like the VA secretary if Dems win. Buttigeig in that regard was the prefect 'minor party' candidate - running to swipe up a few delegates and raise his profile, but then latch on to and support the winning coalition. The goals for minor parties in PM systems are rarely to win but instead get a slice of support forcing the larger parties invite them into govt - just like what Pete has done.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1838 on: March 02, 2020, 12:10:48 AM »

Hmm ... sad.

But totally to be expected after the last few days.

I already predicted last week that by Friday probably only Biden, Sanders and maybe Bloomberg and Gabbard will remain in the race. Warren and Klobuchar are likely next.

And I already thought that something was in the bushes after reading that by Saturday only 60% of the ST fundraising goal was met (6 million) vs. the 48 million for Bernie.

It was still a good campaign, with the potential to be Obama style. But not with 10s of other candidates such as Bernie, Biden Warren etc. in the race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1839 on: March 02, 2020, 12:19:18 AM »

Hmm ... sad.

But totally to be expected after the last few days.

I already predicted last week that by Friday probably only Biden, Sanders and maybe Bloomberg and Gabbard will remain in the race. Warren and Klobuchar are likely next.

And I already thought that something was in the bushes after reading that by Saturday only 60% of the ST fundraising goal was met (6 million) vs. the 48 million for Bernie.

It was still a good campaign, with the potential to be Obama style. But not with 10s of other candidates such as Bernie, Biden Warren etc. in the race.

There was no potential for him to be a new Obama once it was clear that he wasn't gonna be developing any credibility among black voters, regardless of the "10s of other candidates."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1840 on: March 02, 2020, 01:00:24 AM »

Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1841 on: March 02, 2020, 01:05:50 AM »

Christmas came 9 months early, hooray!
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1842 on: March 02, 2020, 01:17:35 AM »

Pete probably won't be directly endorsing anytime in the near future. His original goal was to raise his profile enough to be cabinet material. Even if his temporary play for the big office failed, this original goal looks to have been accomplished. Holding off on the endorsement in case the nominee doesn't end up as Joe helps him slide into something like the VA secretary if Dems win. Buttigeig in that regard was the prefect 'minor party' candidate - running to swipe up a few delegates and raise his profile, but then latch on to and support the winning coalition. The goals for minor parties in PM systems are rarely to win but instead get a slice of support forcing the larger parties invite them into govt - just like what Pete has done.
I'm not convinced. Pete getting out now instead of after racking up 100 delegates on Super Tuesday and his lazer-focus attacking Sanders-style politics makes it clear to me, at least, that he isn't just in it for himself and he wants to beat Sanders--which implies backing Biden.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1843 on: March 02, 2020, 01:57:14 AM »

Come on, Pete, couldn't you have waited until Tuesday night to do this?  I just early voted for you a few days ago!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1844 on: March 02, 2020, 01:57:34 AM »

Pete was an awful candidate. I believe he over-performed because people like him or thought he was something new. If he's the supposed future of the Democratic Party, the future is not bright.

Good riddance.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1845 on: March 02, 2020, 02:35:24 AM »

The bros have no shame.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1846 on: March 02, 2020, 02:39:59 AM »

Coming from the one otherizing women and POCs who disagree with him, I'll take that as a compliment.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1847 on: March 02, 2020, 02:49:50 AM »

You know, all of the other campaigns managed to oppose Pete without being assholes.

Even his arch-rival Amy never said anything as dickish as "try not to be so smug when you just got your ass kicked."

It's just something about the Sanders campaign.  Everyone involved in it is horrible to all the other candidates, to one degree or another.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1848 on: March 02, 2020, 05:23:54 AM »

Not only did he not win but he is now unemployed Pete. Wonder what he'll do next.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1849 on: March 02, 2020, 06:15:29 AM »

At this point I am following the party’s lead and voting for the non-Sanders candidate we’re lining up behind. Warren isn’t going to be the nominee and at this stage I’m not going to fall in love with her enough to vote for her.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies