Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:10:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137176 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: March 01, 2020, 11:39:38 AM »

11:02 p.m. ET, February 29, 2020
These candidates are studying their path forward going into Super Tuesday
From CNN's Jeff Zeleny
Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg and Michael Bloomberg are all studying their path forward tonight, advisers to the respective campaigns tell CNN.

Tulsi pls
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1776 on: March 01, 2020, 02:33:22 PM »

What about Gabbard?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1777 on: March 01, 2020, 02:36:29 PM »

As much as I hate to think about it, I'm gonna guess that Tulsi will just... Tulsi along 'til the convention.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1778 on: March 01, 2020, 02:38:33 PM »

Nobody cares what she does.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1779 on: March 01, 2020, 02:38:40 PM »

Shes basically irrelevant at this point , so it doesnt matter if she stays in our not. She literally has had 0 impact on the race since voting began.

She did have impact early on, especially when she knocked out Kamala but since then she has had almost no impact
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1780 on: March 01, 2020, 02:38:51 PM »

As much as I hate to think about it, I'm gonna guess that Tulsi will just... Tulsi along 'til the convention.

Most likely. After all, what does she have to lose at this point?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1781 on: March 01, 2020, 02:40:08 PM »

She's running to be a Fox News Contributor.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1782 on: March 01, 2020, 03:29:35 PM »

Dear Mayor Pete:

I have a lot of respect for you as person and politician. You are smart, talented, well articulated and you ran an inspiring campaign on the right issues and solutions to fix national and international problems. You have given so many a voice and been a champion for the LGBT community and beyond. But given the state of the race, I have a hard time to see a path for the nomination. It's vitally important to nominate a mainstream Democrat who is able to defeat the most inept, corrupt and dangerous president of our lifetimes, and beyond that, take back the senate, govern and deliver real and practical solutions. Mayor Pete, you have a bright future in politics, and therefore you may consider to endorse former Vice President Joseph R. Biden to be the standard bearer of the Democratic Party. The world needs him in charge of the White House. I'm sure, as president, Joe Biden will have a place for you in his team that allows you to sharpen your profile as a national leader, work on issues you care about; with a real possibility to become a transformative president in the future.

Sincerely, a fellow moderate hero
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1783 on: March 01, 2020, 03:54:04 PM »

No! Yes, he got more delegates by literally a fraction of a single delegate, but Bernie Sanders won the popular vote. I am not a Sanders supporter nor do I have the Rabid dislike of buttigieg that pervades so many people on Atlas, but let's call a spade a spade.

Yes, he won more delegates, but he felt second place in the actual voting. Any truly accurate statement here by the media or anyone else would be Sanders won the Iowa caucuses, but with an asterisk that buttigieg, due to the allocation process used by the caucus, w o n the delegate count by a fraction of a delegate.

This isn't a pro Sanders or anti buttigieg opinion, it is a pro reality statement.

Ron Paul use the Regional and delegate convention system of the caucuses to win the overwhelming number of delegates in the 2012 Iowa caucuses. That's fine and good as it was according to the rules - - though it raising some serious questions about the rules themselves - - but he only finished a strong third in the caucuses. He did not "win" them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1784 on: March 01, 2020, 04:40:54 PM »

Gabbard's still campaigning in Super Tuesday states, and on Super Tuesday itself will be in Michigan (which votes on March 10th):

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/02/tulsi-gabbard-falls-far-short-again-in-south-carolina/

She’s held a series of events in Utah, Colorado, Maine and Virginia. She scheduled a surf session in California and a town hall in Texas. On Tuesday, as voters in those states cast their ballots, Gabbard will be in Detroit, Michigan, which doesn’t hold its primary until March 10.

IIRC, her campaign had $3 million in the bank as of the end of the year.  As long as she just flies around the country doing events, but doesn't actually spend much/any $ on advertising, she can keep going.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1785 on: March 01, 2020, 04:49:20 PM »

Dear Mayor Pete:

I have a lot of respect for you as person and politician. You are smart, talented, well articulated and you ran an inspiring campaign on the right issues and solutions to fix national and international problems. You have given so many a voice and been a champion for the LGBT community and beyond. But given the state of the race, I have a hard time to see a path for the nomination. It's vitally important to nominate a mainstream Democrat who is able to defeat the most inept, corrupt and dangerous president of our lifetimes, and beyond that, take back the senate, govern and deliver real and practical solutions. Mayor Pete, you have a bright future in politics, and therefore you may consider to endorse former Vice President Joseph R. Biden to be the standard bearer of the Democratic Party. The world needs him in charge of the White House. I'm sure, as president, Joe Biden will have a place for you in his team that allows you to sharpen your profile as a national leader, work on issues you care about; with a real possibility to become a transformative president in the future.

That would be unwise, as most of Pete's votes would go to Sanders.
Pete must stay in the race. At least until Indiana.
Roblox

« Reply #1786 on: March 01, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »

Apparently Buttigieg is dropping out.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1787 on: March 01, 2020, 06:09:35 PM »

Wow.  My best to Pete.  Thank you for your historic candidacy and for knocking down barriers.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1788 on: March 01, 2020, 06:11:10 PM »

Wow.  My best to Pete.  Thank you for your historic candidacy and for knocking down barriers.

Pete continues to be awesome.  News at 11:00.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1789 on: March 01, 2020, 06:13:50 PM »

Eternal FF.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1790 on: March 01, 2020, 06:16:52 PM »

His dropping out will lead to Uncle Joe winning Texas by 20 points!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1791 on: March 01, 2020, 06:20:25 PM »

See, this is why I never had the same sort of contempt that one would expect of a Sanders voter.

This was a man of actual pragmatism with an inspiring background.

Oh how much better this TL would be if it were him vs. Sanders, instead of the twice proven loser that camped out in SC. Alas.
Mattantunes
« Reply #1792 on: March 01, 2020, 06:20:26 PM »

This actually helps Sanders. As Pete was NOT a moderate, he was far left before flip floppi

Buttigieg's Supporters Second Choice:
Sanders 21%
Biden 19%
Warren 19%
Bloomberg 17%

National
@MorningConsult
 2/23-27
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1793 on: March 01, 2020, 06:23:41 PM »

Dear Mayor Pete:

Thank you, President Johnson. He obviously heard your call &, more importantly, heeded it.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1794 on: March 01, 2020, 06:26:26 PM »

A friend of mine who donated to the Buttigieg campaign early on was telling me he got 11 texts yesterday asking for more money; I guess he didn't think he raised enough to continue forward. I'm surprised he's leaving before Amy.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1795 on: March 01, 2020, 06:30:54 PM »

This actually helps Sanders. As Pete was NOT a moderate, he was far left before flip floppi

Buttigieg's Supporters Second Choice:
Sanders 21%
Biden 19%
Warren 19%
Bloomberg 17%

National
@MorningConsult
 2/23-27

Yea.  But in many states Biden Bloomberg and Warren are just at the edge of viability.  Even if Sanders gains more votes delegate wise this will hit Sanders
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #1796 on: March 01, 2020, 06:30:59 PM »

A friend of mine who donated to the Buttigieg campaign early on was telling me he got 11 texts yesterday asking for more money; I guess he didn't think he raised enough to continue forward. I'm surprised he's leaving before Amy.
I had three of his staffers text me yesterday asking who I would be voting for. Must have taken everyone by surprise.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1797 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:45 PM »

Time to lock the thread.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1798 on: March 01, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »

Amy is just staying in to keep Bernie from winning Minnesota. Favour to Joe. She’ll be out by Wednesday.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1799 on: March 01, 2020, 06:46:44 PM »

Rest in peace.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74  
« previous next »