Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:08:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 364969 times)
gf20202
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4225 on: July 27, 2020, 02:12:51 PM »

Well in fairness there is big difference between Biden attacking Obama for not have a ton of experience and Harris portraying Joe Biden as a segregationist who trying to keep black kids off school buses.

Harris talked about Biden as if he was KKK member who was late for his next Klan meeting lol
Biden also called Obama clean and articulate, coded racist language. But keep grasping at straws to defend the obvious double standard here.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4226 on: July 27, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »

I wonder whether Joe Biden will ask Obama for his advice and private, and which recommendation he'd make? I would have to assume he'd like Kamala.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4227 on: July 27, 2020, 02:55:11 PM »

I don’t know. He might see Kamala as not making the same connection with actual voters that he did in 2008. Both Rice and Bass are big mistakes. Biden needs to thinking Duckworth or Demings if he’s not going Harris. I’m as big a Harris basher as anyone but Rice would make the elitism problem much worse.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #4228 on: July 27, 2020, 02:55:11 PM »

I wonder whether Joe Biden will ask Obama for his advice and private, and which recommendation he'd make? I would have to assume he'd like Kamala.

I personally think Obama would tell him to choose Susan Rice. At the end of the day, Biden has to go with his gut and who he wants to work with everyday.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4229 on: July 27, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »

If who he's highlighted on Twitter is anything to go by, possibly Warren.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4230 on: July 27, 2020, 03:22:12 PM »

Which is exactly the Dems elitist attitude that got them destroyed from 2009-16 with the exception of 2012. Neither of these two will expand Biden's ceiling and likely would contract it.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4231 on: July 27, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »

Probably her or Duckworth. The latter holds his senate seat, so that might give her a little boost.

There was an article published earlier this year (I'll try and find it) where people close to him were saying he was dissatisfied with the left turn the party was taking, so I doubt he favors Warren.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4232 on: July 27, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »

Yeah, people forget that the Obama's love Kamala (both Barack & Michelle). She campaigned for Barack during his 2008 campaign. In 2013, President Obama caught some heat for calling Kamala "the best-looking attorney general". Also, President Obama offered her the US AG position after Holder stepped down but she declined and he went with Loretta Lynch instead.

Kamala was also close with Beau Biden as they both were Democratic state AGs during the first half of the 2010s. She has connections with both Biden & Obama.

However, some in Biden world still feel slighted by her debate remarks from last year.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4233 on: July 27, 2020, 03:48:38 PM »

Pretty clear Biden wants to pick Rice, which is hugely depressing.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4234 on: July 27, 2020, 03:49:14 PM »

Which is exactly the Dems elitist attitude that got them destroyed from 2009-16 with the exception of 2012. Neither of these two will expand Biden's ceiling and likely would contract it.

Imagine thinking Elizabeth Warren, a woman born and raised in Oklahoma, who put herself through law school and spent her life studying the root causes of poverty and bankruptcy in the middle class is "elitist"
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4235 on: July 27, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »

Pretty clear Biden wants to pick Rice, which is hugely depressing.

TBF, she is probably the one he is most familiar with and uncle Joe obviously has a soft spot for foreign policy wonks like her.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #4236 on: July 27, 2020, 03:50:32 PM »

I feel like Obama would be torn between Harris Duckworth and rice. Maybe justHarris and Rice. The question is whether he thanks the moment needs a more traditional running mate or a double down.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4237 on: July 27, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »

Imagine thinking Elizabeth Warren, a woman born and raised in Oklahoma, who put herself through law school and spent her life studying the root causes of poverty and bankruptcy in the middle class is "elitist"

It's the campaign she should have run, but for some reason simply did not. Instead she became the candidate of highly educated whites and nothing more.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4238 on: July 27, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »

It's the campaign she should have run, but for some reason simply did not. Instead she became the candidate of highly educated whites and nothing more.

She did run it, from the very first speech announcing her candidacy. That story about her dad’s heart attack, her mom getting a minimum wage job, etc. was in her stump speech the entire time. Voters either failed to listen or thought it was “inauthentic” (for any number of reasons).
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4239 on: July 27, 2020, 04:33:01 PM »

Her wonky plans got in the way of that message unfortunately. And lets face it, the Native American ancestry claim really hasn't helped her.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4240 on: July 27, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »

Just as an FYI, I'll be taken a much closer eye on this thread going forward because while I was on hiatus, this got a bunch of reports and around a half dozen posts were deleted.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #4241 on: July 27, 2020, 05:10:31 PM »

Duckworth out? Are they Abrams-ing her?

This process is beginning to look like it is not terribly sound, bad news if you expect a successful presidency.

It is clear they have red flags with Harris, Biden doesn't really want her.

Rice also has political liabilities, her Benghazi background and Bergdahl comments about him serving with honor and distinction are fodder for the right and do nothing to appeal to the middle. Not to say she is a lifelong insider who won't connect with voters.

Bass is completely untested, favored by the left and just highly risky.

Things are so quiet on Demings you wonder if they are keeping it coy and she is at the top of the pack.

I feel like if Biden isn't truly comfortable with his African-American choices he should just look at Whitmer and Grisham. Both are competent Governors and qualified for the job.

Dodd not liking Harris =/= Biden not liking Harris

Demings seems to have fallen off ever since her own POLITICO hit piece.

And since when is Bass favored by the left? I didn't think she was really favored by anybody but Chris Dodd.

Dodd doesn't seem like the best person to be running this selection, lets be honest.

Very true.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4242 on: July 27, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »

This process is beginning to look like it is not terribly sound, bad news if you expect a successful presidency.

Rice also has political liabilities, her Benghazi background and Bergdahl comments about him serving with honor and distinction are fodder for the right and do nothing to appeal to the middle. Not to say she is a lifelong insider who won't connect with voters.

Things are so quiet on Demings you wonder if they are keeping it coy and she is at the top of the pack.

I feel like if Biden isn't truly comfortable with his African-American choices he should just look at Whitmer and Grisham. Both are competent Governors and qualified for the job.

And since when is Bass favored by the left? I didn't think she was really favored by anybody but Chris Dodd.

Dodd doesn't seem like the best person to be running this selection, lets be honest.

Very true.

If anything, Dodd's ridiculous vendetta against Harris (don't forget she prosecuted his buddies for mortgage fraud) has only bolstered her chances. Why is that sexual abuser on a vetting panel for a female vp, anyway.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #4243 on: July 27, 2020, 05:39:28 PM »

Very true.

If anything, Dodd's ridiculous vendetta against Harris (don't forget she prosecuted his buddies for mortgage fraud) has only bolstered her chances. Why is that sexual abuser on a vetting panel for a female vp, anyway.

Shots Fired!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4244 on: July 27, 2020, 05:42:31 PM »

politics_king
United States

« Reply #4245 on: July 27, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »

That's politics. I think the reason Harris gets a lot of push back also is because she has her own infrastructure of a political group. Biden would be smart to have someone who will shoot with him straight, Kamala would do that, but the self-serving I think is a big red flag to some. It really depends what Biden has in his plans for an agenda. If it's status-quo and get out of the pandemic, I don't think he picks Harris. Now if it's to uproot the whole system and make whole sale changes, Harris becomes a much more likely option as she's shown to move from previous positions. Much like Gillibrand when she moved from the House to the Senate.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4246 on: July 27, 2020, 05:55:05 PM »

Harris isn’t even someone I want but she’s night and day better than terrible picks like Rice and Bass. Duckworth, Whitmer, Demings  are really good fresh faces for the moment though.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #4247 on: July 27, 2020, 05:59:55 PM »

The guests on Ari Melber's show have been implying Harris and Rice are the top two.....lol
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4248 on: July 27, 2020, 06:08:17 PM »

Movie lobbyists > pharma, banks, firearms, prison industrial comlex, military indutrial complex, oil lobbyists
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4249 on: July 27, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »

In this moment of reckoning, Biden is really going to nominate a Karen for VP.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies