Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:59:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 358084 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: November 24, 2019, 11:25:39 PM »

Maggie stays climbing
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »

Amazing how Harris is leading even with Demings, Bottoms, and Abrams still in the mix.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »

Honestly I hope Whitmer and/or Duckworth are still in contention but of those six, only MLG or Warren are acceptable to me. I loathe the remaining four.

I wonder what those four other women have in common.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:55:32 PM »

I don't understand Warren as a VP pick. Look at how she did in the primary and I understand the demographics of places like Atlas and Twitter. This makes me comes to the conclusion that the only thing Warren will add to the ticket is an increase in numbers among college-educated whites in already liberal and democratic areas.

Other than that she a much riskier bet compared to Harris or even Demmings for that matter. Also please do not try to reply to whitesplain to me how Harris and Demmings are cops and Warren is actually the right pick for black voters because she has an array of plans and ideas that will help them. If that's true why waste her efforts as VP and not just stay in the Senate? 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 09:32:34 AM »

I don't understand Warren as a VP pick. Look at how she did in the primary and I understand the demographics of places like Atlas and Twitter. This makes me comes to the conclusion that the only thing Warren will add to the ticket is an increase in numbers among college-educated whites in already liberal and democratic areas.

Other than that she a much riskier bet compared to Harris or even Demmings for that matter. Also please do not try to reply to whitesplain to me how Harris and Demmings are cops and Warren is actually the right pick for black voters because she has an array of plans and ideas that will help them. If that's true why waste her efforts as VP and not just stay in the Senate? 
Well... as a black male under the age of 30 ( aka the exact demographic Biden struggles the most with) I’ll just blacksplain to you instead.

Harris and Demings are popular among the black voters who are a) the ones who gave him the nomination over the concerns for younger voters and b) are already extremely likely to turn out to vote and vote for him.

Demings is literally a cop, and wrong for the moment. Harris hasn’t been very popular with my age group in the past, but she may be making headway with her criminal justice work recently. I’d be okay with her as VP. I just hope she faces an open primary in 2024 and we don’t just hand her the nod like we did with Hillary.

But it’s a little unfair to say “look at how [Warren] did in the primary” as a reason for why she shouldn’t be picked. Harris did exponentially worse and she’s still a front runner. Biden never got more than 1% of the vote in the two times he ran before this year and yet he was a great VP.

I don't know about that. Maybe because I'm gay and most of my social group is made up of black women that makes me bias but many of them liked Harris since the 1st debate.  

Now my brother and his friends do not like Harris and constantly calls her Copmala. The thing about that is that brother and his friends like to follow people like Tariq Nasheed and Dr. Umar Johnson. If you are saying that Biden show decides his VP by trying to appeal to them then we will be forever. They don't like Harris, Demmings, Bottoms, Rice, Sewell, Abrams, Fudge, Turner, and they probably will only be satisfied if Beyonce herself was the VP.  
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 01:05:34 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 01:27:36 PM by Buckhead Kelly »

So, spoiler alert: turns out Klobuchars statement was 100% planned.

But Demmings' record as Orlando police chief won't be attacked? Gimme a break.

If the far left goes on about KaMaLa iS a CoP, what would they do with an actual cop?
It's the far left we're talking about. They will be mad if its a black person in general.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 07:06:06 PM by Buckhead Kelly »

Elizabeth Warren got a DNA test after Trump double dog dared her to, but sure Kamala is the one who has bad political instincts...

Let's be honest the Republican will attack Warren over the Native Americans thing far more than they would attack Harris prosecutorial record. Republicans and especially not Trump of all people are going to attack Harris on criminal justice from the left.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 07:16:22 PM »

Elizabeth Warren got a DNA test after Trump double dog dared her to, but sure Kamala is the one who has bad political instincts...

Let's be honest the Republican will attack Warren over the Native Americans thing far more than they would attack Harris prosecutorial record. Republicans and especially not Trump of all people are going to attack Harris on criminal justice form the left.

Actually, I think he will try that. But it will come across as the phony, contradictory opportunism that it is.

Again its Trump the worst I see him doing is calling her a cop or Copamala. And like many people said there are many things Harris can brag about from her record. Compare that to Warren whose accomplishment will likely be overshadowed by Trump constantly saying Pocahontas, asking what was her Native American name, or performing the racist Native American war cry for the next 100+ days.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 07:45:02 PM »

I don't think KLB was a serious contender in recent weeks anyway.

I think she was. She is a prominent black woman in politics, she has the executive experience that Abrams does not, she has the down to earth personality of Demings, and she lacks the prosecutorial record of Harris.

She would be a solid pick, but what probably prevents her from being considered is that the actual Atlanta jurisdiction is roughly 500k. Even though she probably represents closer to 4-5 million people. Most of the surrounding municipalities and counties here usually follow the lead of Atlanta. Also if you ask somebody as far out as McDonough, Buford, or Hiram who their Mayor is they will likely say Bottoms.   
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 08:52:27 PM »

Apparently, in their quest, the #KHive is now doxing supporters of rival "VP campaigns" and going Full Birther on Duckworth. (Incidentally, the person behind the birthers is one of those brainlets who, and I hate to use this term because of how diluted it's become, played the race card when I criticized Kamala's support base as toxic on Twitter)

Suddenly, I finally realize what y'all were talking about when you criticized my wing. I love Kamala and think she's a great voice for our party, but I don't want her toxic supporters associated with the Biden campaign.
You mind DM’ing me receipts? I see you in this thread acting like KHive is putting out hits on folks and never see proof. Let’s discuss this in PMs. Don’t want to bog this thread down at all.

He probably made it up. Many of my friends like Duckworth and have said that her being nominated as VP will shed light on the Asian American community which is rarely represented or heard from in America (outside of food).
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 09:04:47 PM »

@josecanyousee Huh

Don't ever ****ing question my integrity again.

Literally who
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 09:30:30 PM »

Literally who

Don't move the goalposts now. This person's a well-known follower of Bravenak (perhaps the #KHive's most vocal, visible member) and can usually be found jumping in on one of her harassment trains. She was also vocal enough for one of our dear friends to notice. (Not that he supports this BS in any way - he was just trying to get his article out)

You ****ed up. Man up and own it instead of acting like a five-year-old and trying to weasel your way out of it.

Yeah, sure I'm the 5 year old.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 10:02:44 PM »

Literally who

Don't move the goalposts now. This person's a well-known follower of Bravenak (perhaps the #KHive's most vocal, visible member) and can usually be found jumping in on one of her harassment trains. She was also vocal enough for one of our dear friends to notice. (Not that he supports this BS in any way - he was just trying to get his article out)

You ****ed up. Man up and own it instead of acting like a five-year-old and trying to weasel your way out of it.

Yeah, sure I'm the 5 year old.

You baselessly accused me of making up fake news in order to smear Kamala. I came out with proof. Your response, instead of "sorry, I messed up and should have been more careful", was to try and move the goalposts from "you're fabricating scandals" to "the people who are doing the BS aren't relevant" (a point that I countered anyway).

So yes. Stop acting like a 5-year-old and own up to your mistake.

You post a random person and obscure thread to somehow promote this idea that the people who support Harris are starting a dog whistle campaign about Duckworth. But I should apologize to you? You can find a twitter thread of people promoting all kinds of vast conspiracy theories on Twitter. The only thing worse than the people who post things like this is the people who continue to promote them because it benefits them politically.

Like you
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »

In this moment of reckoning, Biden is really going to nominate a Karen for VP.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »

This is a lot like the 2020 primary. Everybody knew it was going to be Biden so they wanted to see other candidates and the moment the crazy pick look it going to win everybody went to Biden. 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 04:33:33 PM »

Next week The convention can't come soon enough. I'm tired of the Pro vs Anti Kamala camps bickering about which one is more irritating. You both are!

I don't get the hype around her, nor do I get the disdain. Kamala is very generic center left Dem

Kamala is very left-wing. It's scary how fast American politics has shifted, lol. I feel like "moderate" voters like me are being force fed a bunch of leftwing gobbledygook just because we think Trump and the current GOP are garbage. I really want Trump and the GOP eliminated, but I'm skeptical of a lot of the proposals coming from Kamala and other dems. Just because she isn't as fanatical as Bernie/Warren doesn't mean Kamala is "center left"

Harris' biggest "sin' was that she ran against God King Emperor Sanders. Had she stayed put, the usual suspects wouldn't have whipped themselves into a frenzy against her.

Progressives disliked Kamala when she did that whole "prosecute marijuana smokers in an extremely progressive state" thing.

Has nothing to do with her campaigning against Bernie, though that certainly helped show her true colors.

To be honest it be better if we figure out what Democrats "Progressive" actually like. I think we're down to 0 Senators, 3 House members, and maybe 1 Governor?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 05:51:38 PM »

The funniest thing about all these articles and comments from the likes of Morgan and Dodd is that it has rallied the Democrat's base around Harris.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 01:29:33 PM »

VP preference aside, all of these leaks coming from the Biden campaign are ridiculous. He seriously needs to put a lid on it.

It's all misdirection.  It's been Harris all along.

I hope so because all that sh**t-talk by his pals has kinda boxed him in. If he picks someone else then there will be a deluge of stories about Harris' snubbing.

They should've just kept their mouths shut.

It also looks just plain bad because all of these guys are white and over 60. Most of the attacks are not even about her record but more about her being disloyal and ambitious. They have been using racially coded terms and it obvious that they are trying to paint her as an Olivia Pope or Sapphire archetype. This whole campaign Dodd, Rendell, and Morgan are doing has pushed a lot of people who on the fence about her into her camp.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 03:03:00 PM »

Why is Ed Rendell still relevant? I'd sooner listen to the corpse of Bob Dole, than Ed f-ing Rendell.

He was the governor of PA and is a major figure in the Democratic Party?

He's also the same man who said Obama would lose Pennslyvania because he was black.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »

Wait did the Sanders supporters really believe that if Biden picks someone that doesn't run in 2024 was really going to lock up the primary for the left? Lol, with the conversion to the primary and the strategic distribution of pragmatic voting blocks like Labor Dems, Black Americans, and Metropolitan Liberal Elites they will always get who they want out the primary until further notice.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 08:41:36 PM »

IN OTHER NEWS...

I’m watching the Biden/Warren fundraiser, and I really wouldn’t be surprised if she turns out to be the pick when it eventually gets announced. They get along really well — a lot better than I was expecting.

If not for the Floyd killing, it would have been Warren.

That withstanding, the optics of an old white ticket are horrible.

Alternatively, you could argue that having a young, minority name on the ticket just serves to highlight how old and white Biden is.

You could also argue that any Democratic ticket with two white people loses.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 08:57:14 PM »

I have no problem with Duckworth or Warren being VP but it would be a missed opportunity. Black people have been one of the most loyal constituencies for Democrats for the past 100 years. I think we deserve a spot on the ticket this time especially since Biden will not be here if it weren't for South Carolina. Picking Duckworth or Warren will basically just be telling us that "You were going to show up anyway".
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »

Can we all just admit that we dodged a bullet because Biden was really really legitimately going to pick Klobuchar as his VP?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »

Some of y'all are overestimating the importance/appeal of a military background in 2020.

Oh yes of course. Trump, a draft-dodger and Pence, someone who who's on record as opposing women in the military, are going to easily attack a disabled female veteran. That will absolutely not piss off anyone at all.

We're talking about Republicans. Yes, they will attack her regardless of being disabled. And no Republicans and their voters do not care. It will be the same people as always like the Lincoln Project and maybe Bolton complaining. Don't look for anybody like Crenshaw or Hawthorne to speak about anything.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies