Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:03:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 364647 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: June 10, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »

Thread

So Biden picks Miss Overrated!
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #2351 on: June 10, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »

Thread

Eh, he praises a lot of people. She’s in the running for sure But this isn’t Hard evidence
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2352 on: June 10, 2020, 09:24:19 PM »

Thread

If anything, Kamala is underrated... not in her chances at being VP, but as a politician. Most of the vitriol towards her were based on misunderstandings of her record as a prosecutor.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2353 on: June 10, 2020, 09:36:51 PM »

If anything, Kamala is underrated... not in her chances at being VP, but as a politician. Most of the vitriol towards her were based on misunderstandings of lies about her record as a prosecutor.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2354 on: June 11, 2020, 12:14:08 AM »

Ouch.

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2355 on: June 11, 2020, 04:11:53 AM »

Thread

If anything, Kamala is underrated... not in her chances at being VP, but as a politician. Most of the vitriol towards her were based on misunderstandings of her record as a prosecutor.

That doesn't help much, but there's plenty of other reasons why I'm not the most enthused with her (Of which I've already stated on a previous page)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2356 on: June 11, 2020, 04:20:38 AM »

Ouch.

SHOCKING
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2357 on: June 11, 2020, 05:02:59 AM »

Again, Harris out there putting in the work

DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #2358 on: June 11, 2020, 08:31:32 AM »

I’m surprised no one posted about Sanders comments on the view yesterday. She says The campaign notes demand for a black running mate is high but says the same for a Latina or LGBTQ running mate
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2359 on: June 11, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »

Muriel Bowser was asked if she's heard from the Biden campaign re: VP vetting, and she said no:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dc-mayor-bowser-addresses-speculation-that-shes-being-considered-as-potential-joe-biden-running-mate

"I haven't, Angie, but I know that we need a change," Bowser said. "We need to change the senate and we need to change the White House. That's what I'm going to be spending my time -- making sure that we get that word out in Washington, D.C. and I certainly will help in any way that I can."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2360 on: June 11, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »

Ouch.

Well then, I guess this reporting was inaccurate:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2361 on: June 11, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »

Alot of AA are rooting for Stacy Abrams,  she will shake the status quo
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2362 on: June 11, 2020, 11:30:21 AM »

Alot of AA are rooting for Stacy Abrams,  she will shake the status quo

...what? How will she do that? What would Stacey possibly do better or different from any of the other picks? Harris and Warren both know their way around Washington. How would someone who has never held statewide office possibly be able to 'shake the status quo'?
politics_king
United States

« Reply #2363 on: June 11, 2020, 03:40:20 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/biden-kamala-harris-keisha-lance-bottoms-val-demings/index.html

Top 5 on the List:
1.) Kamala Harris
2.) Keisha Lance Bottoms
3.) Val Demings
4.) Michelle Lujan Grisham
5.) Elizabeth Warren

I suspect Biden makes his choice the last week of July right before August 1st. Maybe August 1st, since it does fall on a Saturday. Allows for that weeks news cycle to get the puff pieces ready to pump out the VP nominee.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #2364 on: June 11, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2365 on: June 11, 2020, 04:48:07 PM »

Ouch.

Well then, I guess this reporting was inaccurate:

Looks like April Ryan is not backing down on this.  She's saying that, despite what Abrams said on Colbert, her sources say Abrams "had the virtual meeting w/ Biden campaign co-chairs", which I guess is meant to say that she's participated in the vetting:

Unclear if Ryan's sources have given her bad info or if Abrams isn't being straight with Colbert or what.  I guess I'd lean more towards the former since I feel like, with Abrams being so public with her campaign for veep, she doesn't seem like the type to deny it when asked if she's in the running.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #2366 on: June 11, 2020, 06:37:48 PM »

Ouch.

She's on our side so I should not laugh.

*laughs anyway*

Her "campaign" for VP and the reaction to it (like Rep. Clay's comments) was one of the funniest things this political season.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2367 on: June 11, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/biden-kamala-harris-keisha-lance-bottoms-val-demings/index.html

Top 5 on the List:
1.) Kamala Harris
2.) Keisha Lance Bottoms
3.) Val Demings
5.) Elizabeth Warren

I suspect Biden makes his choice the last week of July right before August 1st. Maybe August 1st, since it does fall on a Saturday. Allows for that weeks news cycle to get the puff pieces ready to pump out the VP nominee.

I'm really happy to see MLG so high on the list. Two years as governor is kind of thin, but Biden is showing some real weakness with Latinos and he really needs to be thinking about Texas in 2024/28, a state where Lujan Grisham should play well.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2368 on: June 11, 2020, 07:55:21 PM »

Top 5 on the List:
1.) Kamala Harris
2.) Keisha Lance Bottoms
3.) Val Demings
5.) Elizabeth Warren

I'm really happy to see MLG so high on the list. Two years as governor is kind of thin, but Biden is showing some real weakness with Latinos and he really needs to be thinking about Texas in 2024/28, a state where Lujan Grisham should play well.

Her rise was helped by Sen. Cortez Masto dropping out.  As a former House member she has federal experience and probably could get up to speed in the short time needed.  However, she was dented by jewelry shopping during the quarantine.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2369 on: June 11, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »

Top 5 on the List:
1.) Kamala Harris
2.) Keisha Lance Bottoms
3.) Val Demings
5.) Elizabeth Warren

Her rise was helped by Sen. Cortez Masto dropping out.  As a former House member she has federal experience and probably could get up to speed in the short time needed.  However, she was dented by jewelry shopping during the quarantine.

"Dented?" That should have been the end of her pseudo-candidacy in this VP selection.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2370 on: June 11, 2020, 11:51:45 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2020, 11:55:33 PM by Ogre Mage »

Top 5 on the List:
1.) Kamala Harris
2.) Keisha Lance Bottoms
3.) Val Demings
5.) Elizabeth Warren

Her rise was helped by Sen. Cortez Masto dropping out.  As a former House member she has federal experience and probably could get up to speed in the short time needed.  However, she was dented by jewelry shopping during the quarantine.

"Dented?" That should have been the end of her pseudo-candidacy in this VP selection.

The CNN list would suggest that it did not kill her chances.  That said, MLG's odds at being the VP nominee are fairly low.  Her name recognition is low, she is untested nationally and there is nothing to suggest she and Biden have any affinity.  Add in the jewelry unforced error and I would be surprised if she got it.  
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2371 on: June 12, 2020, 01:55:24 AM »

If Biden is gonna pick Harris, he might as well pick Warren, she is another Susan Rice or Valerie Jarrett that will keep the status quo.  Harris is gonna do the same as Warren which is about as much as Obama, keep middle class happy. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2372 on: June 12, 2020, 02:05:30 AM »

Top 5 on the List:
1.) Kamala Harris
2.) Keisha Lance Bottoms
3.) Val Demings
5.) Elizabeth Warren

She's also been in congress for six years. Don't think experience is much of an issue here if Val Demings is in the mix, too.

I dunno how MLG does on the trail and whether she would create enough excitement. Voters don't just vote because the VP is of the same background. Especially if we're talking about Hospanics, who are a far less homogeneous voter block as opposed to AAs. I think Kamala Harris is the best choice to VP, followed by Val Demings.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2373 on: June 12, 2020, 02:07:09 AM »

It's a vague idea but I feel VP picks tend to have a certain gravity with them; people like Kaine, Ryan and Biden all had such a strong & clear rationale to their selection with none of their rivals having qualities they didn't.

I feel that if you're the Biden campaign & you sit down saying you want a female African-American who isn't going to blow the race for you it points to Kamala Harris
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2374 on: June 12, 2020, 02:12:14 AM »

Yeah and we should put another Valerie Jarrett or Susan Rice as the Veep, Harris is about the same as Warren on every issue. She doesnt have strong ties to African Americans,  that why she wasnt nominated for Prez. I think that's why Biden havent selected his Veep yet, there isnt a dime's worth of differences between Harris and Warren, but looks
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies