Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:57:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 151372 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: July 03, 2019, 07:47:23 PM »

~6.4 mile run/walk this morning! Probably my longest ever outside of hiking, etc.

oh ..

I did a 20 mile jog yesterday.

Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1001 on: July 04, 2019, 05:36:51 AM »

Hungover...
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1002 on: July 04, 2019, 08:01:35 AM »

Pre-departure IFE in American 767 biz consists of newspapers... (They do give out iPads in-flight but it's not the same thing) This is why I fly United.

To be fair, I've almost exclusively flown in tourist class and never crossed the Atlantic, but in my experience getting anything at all is already huge. I think I have only had free meals in an airplane four times in my life or so, and one of those was when I flew in business because it was somehow 20€ cheaper than tourist lol.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1003 on: July 04, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »

And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free and I won’t forget the women and men who died who gave that right to me and I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today (seriously I would unlike Trump) cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the USA

Happy 243rd America, you don’t look a day over 30 (seriously you don’t with the current GOP in charge) but still love ya and incredibly proud to be an American.

Oh also, one of the most patriotic and American things to do is sh!t on our leaders and cancers of society.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: July 04, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »

Saw a girl wearing these in Germany the other day and really fancied them (the shoes), so I bought myself an identical pair.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1005 on: July 05, 2019, 03:06:06 AM »

Good news for people who don't like me: I tried to end my life tonight.  Bad news: I failed spectacularly.

I was set off by yet another problem in my life; everything happens so sporadically and no matter how I try I keep getting f#cked by the powers that be.  Anyway I left a lovely note on my landlord's door, went into my room and held my therapy animals for one last time, telling them how much I love them.  My dog looked like she knew what was going on and had already resigned herself to losing another member of the family, so when I kissed her goodbye her eyes immediately shut.

To make a long story short, I walked over to the bridge a mile from my house and let myself slide into the water.  Had I known how filthy or shallow the water was I never wouldve attempted it, because I knew I couldn't bear to let myself ingest sludge and dirt and feces and whatever the hell else wasthere.  I was more disappointed that the water was so shallow, so there was no chance of drowning myself in all the muck.  I carried myself out and dragged my mud-filled shoes home for another mile, wet and covered in dirt.  I'm embarrassed for not knowing beforehand how shallow that water was.  But it didn't work, so what can you do.  When I got home I tore the suicide letter that I'd written to my landlord.

I dont know what else to do now but lie in peace.  I'm in new clothes now while my others are in the shower.  I have no energy for anything right now, honestly.  I thought that this would be my time to check out and it wasn't.  Now I'm just ashamed of how stupid I was, how poorly planned it all was.  I want to try again if I find a cleaner and less shallow stream.  I'm such a pussy.

I'll try to stay around for Atlasia stuff but I'm not doing well at all.  I left my therapist several calls while I was going through my plan and I'm sure we'll be discussing it tomorrow.

I know I should get to sleep but I can't, even though I took four Lyrica and ten of my Ativan.

Right now I just feel like a failure.  I was ready to die tonight.  I'm just too much of a coward.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1006 on: July 05, 2019, 03:12:38 AM »

Scott, we love you, Jesus loves you, your family loves you, and I’ll pray for you. Don’t ever forget that you are an outstanding human being with a big heart and a lot of love to give. Don’t be afraid to seek help if you need it. Stay strong, bud Smiley
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1007 on: July 05, 2019, 11:50:08 AM »

My Hertz app changed its language to Czech and won't change back... I guess I'm learning Czech now.  Tears of joy
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1008 on: July 05, 2019, 12:18:35 PM »

One of my best friends is in Hong Kong right now. He sent me some videos of the protests last night; he was really right in the middle of it all. He's also managed to somehow have six gay hookups in two weeks already, and all this while working part-time and taking classes.

That's not as difficult or impressive as you think it is.

Source: am a full-time hoe with a part-time job
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: July 05, 2019, 01:24:25 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2019, 01:49:04 PM by Bagel23 »

Let’s see if we can reinflate this mf’r

Nope lmao and can’t get the spare to lower either XD
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1010 on: July 05, 2019, 02:14:42 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2019, 02:24:53 PM by Bagel23 »

Good news for people who don't like me: I tried to end my life tonight.  Bad news: I failed spectacularly.

I was set off by yet another problem in my life; everything happens so sporadically and no matter how I try I keep getting f#cked by the powers that be.  Anyway I left a lovely note on my landlord's door, went into my room and held my therapy animals for one last time, telling them how much I love them.  My dog looked like she knew what was going on and had already resigned herself to losing another member of the family, so when I kissed her goodbye her eyes immediately shut.

To make a long story short, I walked over to the bridge a mile from my house and let myself slide into the water.  Had I known how filthy or shallow the water was I never wouldve attempted it, because I knew I couldn't bear to let myself ingest sludge and dirt and feces and whatever the hell else wasthere.  I was more disappointed that the water was so shallow, so there was no chance of drowning myself in all the muck.  I carried myself out and dragged my mud-filled shoes home for another mile, wet and covered in dirt.  I'm embarrassed for not knowing beforehand how shallow that water was.  But it didn't work, so what can you do.  When I got home I tore the suicide letter that I'd written to my landlord.

I dont know what else to do now but lie in peace.  I'm in new clothes now while my others are in the shower.  I have no energy for anything right now, honestly.  I thought that this would be my time to check out and it wasn't.  Now I'm just ashamed of how stupid I was, how poorly planned it all was.  I want to try again if I find a cleaner and less shallow stream.  I'm such a pussy.

I'll try to stay around for Atlasia stuff but I'm not doing well at all.  I left my therapist several calls while I was going through my plan and I'm sure we'll be discussing it tomorrow.

I know I should get to sleep but I can't, even though I took four Lyrica and ten of my Ativan.

Right now I just feel like a failure.  I was ready to die tonight.  I'm just too much of a coward.

You are the exact opposite of a coward, to choose life in the face of adversity and struggle is braver than death. Please stay with us, we appreciate you even if we do not express it. We Purple heart you, I would legit be very sad in rl if you actually did it, please don't Sad. You have people from all over the country that appreciate you, which means you are an awesome person, and the people who know you irl are blessed.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1011 on: July 05, 2019, 04:07:40 PM »

I didn't even plan on drinking last night but somehow ended up getting more drunk than I have in idk how long. My snapchat story is a f!ckin mess lmao

Gonna do it again tonight.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1012 on: July 07, 2019, 02:02:10 AM »

I didn't even plan on drinking last night but somehow ended up getting more drunk than I have in idk how long. My snapchat story is a f!ckin mess lmao

Gonna do it again tonight.

Knew I had a reason to like you!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1013 on: July 08, 2019, 08:29:33 PM »

Instead of getting a&*-kicked by a test, I'm getting a&*-kicked by these job applications.

How does one gain experience from a bunch of jobs demanding experience to get the job in the first place?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1014 on: July 08, 2019, 08:49:31 PM »

Instead of getting a&*-kicked by a test, I'm getting a&*-kicked by these job applications.

How does one gain experience from a bunch of jobs demanding experience to get the job in the first place?

Work study, internships, and entry-level crap that pays $14/hr. Tongue
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1015 on: July 08, 2019, 09:08:33 PM »

The latter of which is what I'm currently doing! And it sucks. Definitely try to find a job that won't destroy your mental health for peanuts on the dollar.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1016 on: July 09, 2019, 12:32:45 PM »

These applications are for internships.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1017 on: July 10, 2019, 01:59:31 AM »

Oh, also, passport renewals are a B*(h to deal with.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1018 on: July 10, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »

Oh, also, passport renewals are a B*(h to deal with.

Ugh.  I've been waiting for almost past the 6-8 week period and am getting anxious with a trip coming up...
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1019 on: July 10, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »

Today I met with my therapist for the first time after my suicide attempt last week.  We talked about why I did it, why I chose to live, and what I'm going to do next.  Since I didn't get to complete my college education, we looked into schools near the area that I could apply to.  The only university that is in the area is Norfolk State University - it is a historically black college, but I would qualify for a number of grants simply for being a minority there (not kidding!).  Saint Leo University (Catholic college) also has satellite campuses here and an online school, so that I can continue studying theology and work on my degree again, which I haven't been able to do since I had to leave school in 2016.

Right now the future looks pretty bright. Smile
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1020 on: July 10, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »

Overdosing on Linzess is not ideal for anyone, but it will ensure that the people who constantly tell you that "You're full of crap!" will have absolutely no credibility.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1021 on: July 11, 2019, 09:27:39 AM »

Last shift of a 7-day stretch tonight, then an 11-day (unpaid) vacation! Forest, mountains, Seattle.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1022 on: July 11, 2019, 01:46:25 PM »

Today I met with my therapist for the first time after my suicide attempt last week.  We talked about why I did it, why I chose to live, and what I'm going to do next.  Since I didn't get to complete my college education, we looked into schools near the area that I could apply to.  The only university that is in the area is Norfolk State University - it is a historically black college, but I would qualify for a number of grants simply for being a minority there (not kidding!).  Saint Leo University (Catholic college) also has satellite campuses here and an online school, so that I can continue studying theology and work on my degree again, which I haven't been able to do since I had to leave school in 2016.

Right now the future looks pretty bright. Smile
Please take care of yourself.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: July 11, 2019, 02:40:22 PM »

I have a lot of stuff I need to do, but all I'm thinking about is going back to the hotel tonight, ordering two bottles of room service malbec and drinking them both straight from the bottle.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1024 on: July 11, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »

In addition to urbexing, I've recently started taking (rather amateur) shots of butterflies, and that one wasn't making it easy with his natural camouflage.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies