CNN-NV-Rosen +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:39:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  CNN-NV-Rosen +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN-NV-Rosen +4  (Read 2822 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 01, 2018, 03:04:48 PM »

Another day, another poll with Dean Heller in the low 40s.

But Atlas told me that Heller was going to win because muh Reuters poll.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 03:22:59 PM »

Republicans are more likely to win MT and WV than NV. Likely D.

Nobody here thinks that is not the case. Only the 538 Senate forecast is dumb enough to believe that.

There are multiple people here that think Heller will win or that Rosen will only win by <1 point. And as far as I can tell these people don't think there will be a Republican wave.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »

There are multiple people here that think Heller will win or that Rosen will only win by <1 point. And as far as I can tell these people don't think there will be a Republican wave.

Who honestly believes that?

Rosen- I’m becoming more and more convinced that Heller will scrap through.

I'd say Wacky Jacky because I think she's gonna lose

Nevada I think will be an upset win for the Republicans

Jacky Rosen wins by only one point (cue IceSpear/xingkurei/MT Treasurer butthurt)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »

Heller is certainly an underdog but the hysteria that he's 100% certain to lose is nonsensical. He still has a chance, polls aren't everything.

You're right, polls aren't everything. As Republicans in Nevada know all too well. Smiley

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »

Manchin has pulled away and has it almost locked up, currently Dems are actually more likely to win WV than NV. Polls might change by election day but otoh they might not.

When you consider the fundamentals of the states, it's not like it's a coin flip as to which direction the polls could potentially move toward. Manchin and Heller are clearly more likely to lose ground than gain ground. They're both incumbents with higher name recognition than their opponents running in hostile states (WV is much more hostile than NV obviously, but Manchin is far more popular than Heller.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »

Manchin has pulled away and has it almost locked up, currently Dems are actually more likely to win WV than NV. Polls might change by election day but otoh they might not.

When you consider the fundamentals of the states, it's not like it's a coin flip as to which direction the polls could potentially move toward. Manchin and Heller are clearly more likely to lose ground than gain ground. They're both incumbents with higher name recognition than their opponents running in hostile states (WV much more hostile than NV obviously, but Manchin is far more popular than Heller.)

538's fundamental model actually has Manchin running ahead by 9 points. He's a strong incumbent and he's won big in more difficult environments. The assumption that Manchin is doomed to fall is just an assumption and one that could easily prove to be incorrect. I'm not ruling out the race narrowing but it isn't certain to happen.

He's not certain to fall, but he's more likely to fall than he is to gain. Same for Heller, barring scandals or an abrupt change in the political environment.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »

Heller is certainly an underdog but the hysteria that he's 100% certain to lose is nonsensical. He still has a chance, polls aren't everything.

You're right, polls aren't everything. As Republicans in Nevada know all too well. Smiley

*SNIP*
Attorney General Ross Miller says hi.

Uh...the only poll of that race was conducted 8 months before the election.

Sandoval in 2014 is the only counterexample, but we call that the exception that proves the rule.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »

Well, the polls certainly underestimated Sandoval in 2014.

Though that's probably not going to happen here.

True, but that was kind of a special case, in that Sandoval was massively popular, and didn't struggle with Latino voters. In NV-PRES 2008, NV-SEN 2010, NV-GOV 2010, NV-PRES 2012, NV-SEN 2012, NV-PRES 2016, and NV-SEN 2016, though, polls underestimated Democrats, and often did so by massive margins.

You forgot NV-Pres 2004, NV-03 2010, NV-03 2012, and NV-04 2012. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies