The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170211 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2018, 01:58:56 AM »

Take one look at any ghetto/struggling rural area in the US and you'll see why abortion is much needed.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »

I'd propose naming the new thread after David or Mitt Romney's Hair.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2018, 12:21:10 PM »

I'd propose naming the new thread after David or Mitt Romney's Hair.

Why should it be named after David's Hair? 😸
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »

Just a heads up, If you repost something from another thread that's been infracted, it will be moderated here too.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2018, 10:37:50 PM »

Moderate, centrist positions in the era of Trump are still dangerously close to the perimeter of the Overton window.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2018, 03:20:18 AM »

I am amazed that I got trolled by an obvious .50C Army personality. The Chinese workers really did create an effective and consistent troll around the clock. At a website as irrelevant as this, the penetration is unreal.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »

I know it's JJ, but holy sh**t.

It is.

I am, unfortunately, seeing a lot of parallels between today's left and the right in Germany in the 1920's and early 30's.

I am not a big Trump guy, and disagree with him on some of his policies.   However, I'm looking at the alternative and seeing an increasingly radicalized left, that has even protested against a democratic election. 
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2018, 02:03:15 PM »

Like... There's no indication among polls that Hugin is gaining ground. He hasn't even led a single poll. There's a highly charged Democratic base ready to vote. New Jersey is on its way to possibly electing 11 Democrats and leaving behind only 1 Republican. Did I mention Hugin hasn't yet led in a poll?

But yes, New Jersey Tossup, let me believe your unscientific poll that you keep thinking is something serious, and let me keep believing your non-evidenced assertion that nj.com commenters are left-leaning (which isn't cited of course but when you're trying to stir things up who cares about proof?)
You'll be calling Mr. Hugin Senator Hugin this January Wink

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »

Like... There's no indication among polls that Hugin is gaining ground. He hasn't even led a single poll. There's a highly charged Democratic base ready to vote. New Jersey is on its way to possibly electing 11 Democrats and leaving behind only 1 Republican. Did I mention Hugin hasn't yet led in a poll?

But yes, New Jersey Tossup, let me believe your unscientific poll that you keep thinking is something serious, and let me keep believing your non-evidenced assertion that nj.com commenters are left-leaning (which isn't cited of course but when you're trying to stir things up who cares about proof?)
You'll be calling Mr. Hugin Senator Hugin this January Wink

People are so salty about my Hugin-posting smh
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »

Click for context. Some serious reading comprehension issues here as always:
Scott. He was looking better a few weeks ago.  It is close enough from him to pull an upset. 
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »

LOL @ all those Republican pollsters coming out of the woodworks now, just like all the right-wing Nazi rednecks are coming out of woodworks to mail pipe bombs and kill Jews.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »

Congratulations to the people of Brazil for making the right choice tonight.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2018, 04:52:32 PM »

Context: Trump's path of least resistance to 270

273-265

Iowa is not voting a second time for Donald Trump.  If he is losing Wisconsin, he probably loses Iowa.   

Because clearly a Clinton +5 state is more likely to vote for Trump than a Clinton +9 state. #analysis
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2018, 07:36:01 PM »

A lot of 2016 style arguments ITT. Trump basically showed that a very high number of Hispanic voters don’t give a sh**t about immigrant bashing since they themselves support it. Any Republican will get 25%+ of them to their side no matter how much white liberals complain.

Latinx =/= Mexican, even though they're practically synonymous in Technocracy Timmy's neck of the woods.

This is true since nobody is Latinx.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »

A lot of 2016 style arguments ITT. Trump basically showed that a very high number of Hispanic voters don’t give a sh**t about immigrant bashing since they themselves support it. Any Republican will get 25%+ of them to their side no matter how much white liberals complain.

Latinx =/= Mexican, even though they're practically synonymous in Technocracy Timmy's neck of the woods.

Its funny how white liberals decided that Latinos’ word for themselves is sexist and invented a new word.  99% of the time I hear Latinx its not from a latino.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2018, 11:12:49 PM »

Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2018, 11:41:48 PM »

Its funny how white liberals decided that Latinos’ word for themselves is sexist and invented a new word.  99% of the time I hear Latinx its not from a latino.

Plus it's just linguistically stupid. Say latine, at least.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2018, 09:31:34 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2018, 09:42:02 AM by Santander »

"Latino" is a term literally manufactured by the LA Times in the 90s. (well, they actually started using it in the 80s, but they started to really push it in the 90s) It was originally used as a neuter term, since it was an English fabrication, not a Spanish one. "Latina" came afterwards. Granted, "Hispanic", in the American sense, was also a fabrication.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »

"Latino" is a term literally manufactured by the LA Times in the 90s. (well, they actually started using it in the 80s, but they started to really push it in the 90s) It was originally used as a neuter term, since it was an English fabrication, not a Spanish one. "Latina" came afterwards. Granted, "Hispanic", in the American sense, was also a fabrication.

I was once in a breakfast restaurant where a fellow guest was wearing what I can only guess was a sort of Mexican nationalist shirt, denouncing both the label “Latino” and “Hispanic” for different reasons. The shirt was pretty absurd, claiming that “Latino” included people from the Latin-speaking parts of Europe. I guess my Sicilian heritage should count.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »

Liberals always dismiss stuff that isn't conventional wisdom. Yard signs may sound silly, the same as the crowds at rallies but we are in a new era where Trump is turning out people who never used to vote. He has a very large base and that cannot be discounted. I understand Michigan well I am from here. Debbie Stabenow has been in office 43 years. All the moderate voters I know are voting for James. It's going to be a tight race and the governors could be as well. Michigan is just not the reliably democratic state it used to be anymore. 2016 proved it. Tomorrow we will find out if the game has totally been changed and if Trump can defy conventional wisdom again.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2018, 01:13:12 PM »

Donnelly, Tester, Manchin, McCaskill, and Heitkamp in terms of Senate races. #Populists Purple heart
LOL, hofoid logic
Marie Newman- supports single payer and is pro-choice- Not a Populist
Claire McCaskill- Doesn't support free college or single payer, calls bernie and warren crazy- #Populist<3
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2018, 01:26:40 PM »

Lean D. 2020 will not be a great year for Republicans nationwide, none of their potential candidates are very good in quality, and Jones is playing this entire situation perfectly. I wouldn't be that surprised if he held this senate seat until he died.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »

Lean D. 2020 will not be a great year for Republicans nationwide, none of their potential candidates are very good in quality, and Jones is playing this entire situation perfectly. I wouldn't be that surprised if he held this senate seat until he died.

He really believes that the GOP will die lol

Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »

I underestimated how much polarization would spike several months before an election.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »

1.Republicans flip 13 seats to take the House (50-60% chance)
2. Democrats have a net gain of 4 seats to take the Senate (10-20% chance)
3. Democrats win White House - No chance

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies