The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:04:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170307 times)
AudmanOut
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2018, 01:56:40 AM »

He'll be in the reverse in Hillary Clinton's position in 2016.

He'll win the popular vote (something like 49-48) and lose the Electoral College, as Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida and Pennsylvania all swing back (I'm not sure about Iowa or Ohio yet, but it's not impossible for the Democrat to carry either or both in a close election...especially Ohio).
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #326 on: December 17, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

It’s because Intell wants to return to a world where working class union white men go home and beat their kids with a black belt and then go to rape their wife.
Audman don't be ridiculous. No one is suggesting that you go home and beat your kids everyday. Some form of spanking for certain behaviors is not child abuse. There's a right way and a wrong way to do it.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »

It’s because Intell wants to return to a world where working class union white men go home and beat their kids with a black belt and then go to rape their wife.

Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #328 on: December 17, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »

Do you think that a resurrected Adolf Hitler could win WV-03 if he had an (R) next to his name?

Yes, and it wouldn't be close. He'd probably do better than Carol Miller since resurrected Adolf Hitler wouldn't have a vagina.

Man, imagine if West Virginia ever elected a female Senator or something.

Her opponent was also a woman, so it's not like they had much choice.

You're kind of proving his point.

Um, what? I think you're totally missing the point that he's so down on the idea of West Virginia electing a woman as US senator he totally minimized the fact that both major party nominees in 2016 were women.

Seriously, am I missing something here or are you?

I mean, for both major party nominees to be women, that has to mean that enough people from both parties were fine with women being in politics for women to win both primary elections.

Um, which was rather obviously my exact point?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »

This would be a terrible ticket.

A first term congresswoman whose claim to fame is beating a centrist incumbent in a primary is not going to appeal to centrist voters.

Mike Capuano = centrist
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2018, 02:32:34 PM »

Of course it goes without saying that even the most rightwing member of the Moderate Party would be a Bernie Sanders Democrat if he or she lived in the US!!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2018, 12:51:08 PM »

No, of course not.

Ya know, the damnedest thing here is if we were talking about an ethnic minority who committed a minor crime this board would be encouraging empathy and second chances, as they should. But whenever it's someone harder to empathize with the knives come out.

Jesus.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »

Only Biden and Sanders can Wisconsin. Gillibrand and Klobuchar would come close but they would still lose. All the others would lose by more then Hillary did. Don't even get me started on Booker, god would he be awful for this state!
This state is going south for Dems. Timmy hits it on the head! They wouldn't even elect inspiring, populist progressive Russ Feingold over a typical corporatist Reaginite republican, let alone someone scholarly like Booker or Warren! Dems should focus on AZ or GA instead.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »

WTF is wrong with this loser?

I Love A Christmas Carol in every aspect. I read it every year, which I need to start doing in a minute, as well as watching just about every possible version on film. Heck, I can remember a goodly bit of it my heart.

Sad to say, but I think even try. Even Scrooge was infinitely more redeemable than him.

Ebenezer Scrooge received Christ as his Lord and Savior.  He kept Christmas in his heart thereafter because the Spirit of God empowered him to do so.

I would hope that for Donald Trump, that he would repent of his sins, and keep the spirit of CHRISTmas in his heart all year long. 

Of course, I would wish this for any number of Democrats, who are fine with the killing of the unborn via abortion.  Perhaps the spirits could enable Kamala Harris and Liz Warren to comprehend the physical pain the unborn suffer while being killed in abortion.  Perhaps they, too, could keep the Spirit of CHRISTmas all year round, all the rest of their days.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2018, 02:34:40 PM »

No and this is why I say that Trumpism will continue long after Trump. As whites lose the numerical majority, even Bernie supporters will become increasingly reactionary conservative/racist and embrace cynical, white nationalist politics when that brand of Trumpism fits their fears. This is why unless we see a California-like surge in non-white voters over a decade, I don’t see demographic change turning America into California. Whites will just vote more and more Republican and the GOP will be able to win elections by winning 97% of the white vote while tanking even further with minorities.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2018, 05:33:12 PM »

He has worms in his brain. Tragic, really.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »

I'm afraid there was little for the worms to fed on in first place.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2018, 07:13:31 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2018, 07:37:14 PM by Politician »

No and this is why I say that Trumpism will continue long after Trump. As whites lose the numerical majority, even Bernie supporters will become increasingly reactionary conservative/racist and embrace cynical, white nationalist politics when that brand of Trumpism fits their fears. This is why unless we see a California-like surge in non-white voters over a decade, I don’t see demographic change turning America into California. Whites will just vote more and more Republican and the GOP will be able to win elections by winning 97% of the white vote while tanking even further with minorities.
Wolverine22 might be able to join the IceSpear/Technocracy Timmy/Mizzouian/lfromnj/RussFeingoldWasRobbedk/Impartial Spectator/Jalaketu West Train of hatred towards rural whites.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »

Wolverine22 might be able to join the IceSpear/Technocracy Timmy/Mizzouian/lfromnj/RussFeingoldWasRobbedk/Impartial Spectator/Jalaketu West Train of hatred towards rural whites.
97% is way higher than just rural whites.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »

Bernie Sanders is trash. No accomplishments after decades in Congress, failed to build alliances and coalitions, and criticizes everybody’s record when all he does is grandstand, protest, and leave the hard decisions to everybody else. Then when you question his ideas he gets defensive and crotchety. Why would anyone want this idiot to be President?
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »

Lean D but only because of the margin. Granted it could flip if Harris is the nominee.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »

He should run for re-election. That seat likes to keep incumbents and an open rural Trump +10 seat would be a tall order to hold.
He's not winning re-election to ME-02. It's gone. He might as well run for senate instead of trying to win an unwinnable seat.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2018, 06:15:00 AM »

Many of millennials I know love Rachel Maddow. The popularity of people like her are driven by the millennial demographic. It's racist to even exclude people of color that happen to push the viewership of many shows, specifically Reid's who was under-attacked by a bunch of privilege white males on the internet.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »

I really think AOC is becoming the Sarah Palin of the left. She’s not well-articulate and has become a focal hate target of the right. Plus she’s just a bartender who accidentally won what started out as a vanity campaign. She needs to be primaried or have her mouth duct taped shut.

A Democrat bringing up someone as a bartender after college to make ends meet when her family was literally struggling to keep afloat as a line of attack? Now I've seen everything.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2018, 07:00:48 PM »

I really think AOC is becoming the Sarah Palin of the left. She’s not well-articulate and has become a focal hate target of the right. Plus she’s just a bartender who accidentally won what started out as a vanity campaign. She needs to be primaried or have her mouth duct taped shut.

A Democrat bringing up someone as a bartender after college to make ends meet when her family was literally struggling to keep afloat as a line of attack? Now I've seen everything.

Cc: Irony Oreman for “she’s not well-articulate”.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2018, 05:06:55 PM »

Climate change denial is still very relevant in a policy and political sense, so to refuse to discuss it seems rather strange.  The ban seems to imply that otherwise credible SMEs who reject climate change will not be allowed on the show, and that creates a very poor precedent as well.

Science doesn't (and shouldn't) determine the bounds of public discourse.  But alas, our mainstream media handlers apparently know better.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #346 on: January 01, 2019, 05:53:12 AM »

At the strike of midnight, Ireland experienced the worst tragedy it has ever seen.  This is one of the worst abortion laws in the world, with no protections for religious hospitals and severely limited conscience protections for doctors, as well as forcing taxpayers to pay for what many of them believe to be a genocide.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #347 on: January 02, 2019, 01:26:10 PM »

Biden may run, but he's not going get anywhere near the nomination. In fact, I bet he doesn't do any better than he did in 2008.

Sorry mate, I like you, but...
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #348 on: January 02, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »

Biden may run, but he's not going get anywhere near the nomination. In fact, I bet he doesn't do any better than he did in 2008.

You beat me too it. Darnit!! Smiley
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #349 on: January 02, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »

That's the least absurd thing NYE has ever said.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies