The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:50:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170827 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »

^^ yes, many in the Jewish community are terrified by Corbyn Premiership, I've seen it first hand when I used to live in England, you should pay a visit to any synagogue and you'll see how anxious the Jewish community are..

Anxious and terrified of the man who will stand up against the interests that are ruthlessly obliterating their country and the world, rather than the woman and her party that are currently aiding in the destruction. Yep. Seems perfectly alright. Totally not delusional at all.

Shame

Israeli propaganda working overtime to scare people away.
Well then dead0, why are you commenting? As a natural born, down earth fellow American like me, surely you wouldn't dare to understand the intricacies of the media habits and politics of our noble highbrow cousins across the pond either.

In all seriousness, keep beating the dead horse and drinking the kool-aid. It's great stuff, you know. The Tories will get a fine spanking when election silence kicks in. All the garbage the establishment has been slinging will be for naught when Corbyn takes power and implements his "radical" policies that, shockingly enough, will benefit the average person, including Jews, Muslims, and people of all faiths.

Oh gee, you've also drunk the kool-aid. Must be especially potent when heated up in the desert sun.
I'm inclined to trust the vast majority of British jews who are terrified of Corbyn more than some hacks who don't even live in the country.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »

It will be easier for Dems to target McConnell or Roberts or Ernst rather than TX, Mt or GA
Yeah, a state that trump won by 40 points is clearly going to be more competitive then GA and TX which he won by 5 and 9 respectively.

Yeah, it pretty clearly is for anyone over the age of 16. He narrowly won a safe state in 2008 and was an underdog for a lot of 2014 before his opponent was a complete dud. Prior to the Kavanaugh confirmation, he was arguably more unpopular than either of those times and Cocaine Mitch will likely revert to that status - fairly or unfairly. An inoffensive conservative is not losing to anyone in Texas and while Perdue has a similar chance to lose as McConnell does, the risk of a runoff election does not bode well for Democratic chances in a federal race.
It doesn't matter! We're not in 2008! This state voted for trump by 40 points! Do you really expect them to vote for democrats? Georgia is trending massively d. Texas is trending D. We could make Kentucky close in 2020 but there is no way we win. It's too conservative. Trump is very popular in the state and even if he loses in a landslide he isn't going to lose this and McConnell will ride his coattails to victory. And again, might I add Cornyn does NOT have good favorables. Im not saying Perdue and Cornyn are DOA, I think unless the Democratic Presidential candidate is winning TX/GA, they will win but the fundamentals are more favorable to us in those races.

Long story short, spending money on Kentucky is a waste of time
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »

30* and absolutely if you were willing to give it any shot at all. McConnell can't touch Trump. He couldn't even close in on John McCain
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2018, 03:59:33 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2018, 04:11:43 PM by Bosporus Blues »

^^ yes, many in the Jewish community are terrified by Corbyn Premiership, I've seen it first hand when I used to live in England, you should pay a visit to any synagogue and you'll see how anxious the Jewish community are..

Anxious and terrified of the man who will stand up against the interests that are ruthlessly obliterating their country and the world, rather than the woman and her party that are currently aiding in the destruction. Yep. Seems perfectly alright. Totally not delusional at all.

Shame

Well then dead0, why are you commenting? As a natural born, down earth fellow American like me, surely you wouldn't dare to understand the intricacies of the media habits and politics of our noble highbrow cousins across the pond either.

In all seriousness, keep beating the dead horse and drinking the kool-aid. It's great stuff, you know. The Tories will get a fine spanking when election silence kicks in. All the garbage the establishment has been slinging will be for naught when Corbyn takes power and implements his "radical" policies that, shockingly enough, will benefit the average person, including Jews, Muslims, and people of all faiths.

Oh gee, you've also drunk the kool-aid. Must be especially potent when heated up in the desert sun.
I'm inclined to trust the vast majority of British jews who are terrified of Corbyn more than some hacks who don't even live in the country.

Okay, well, you're just a down earth natural born American like me, Scarlet. How would you know to trust that, supposedly, "the vast majority of British jews...are terrified of Corbyn"? LOL.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2018, 04:06:46 PM »

Shame

Okay, well, you're just a down earth natural born American like me, Scarlet. How would you know, then, to trust that the vast majority of British Jews are supposedly terrified of Corbyn? LOL.
Have you read the megathread? I'm not continuing this.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »

Shame

Okay, well, you're just a down earth natural born American like me, Scarlet. How would you know, then, to trust that the vast majority of British Jews are supposedly terrified of Corbyn? LOL.

Yep, have faith in the anecdotal bull spewed out from a random fellow delusional civility hawk and the articles and polls manufactured by establishment media fearful of a Labour government! Three cheers, that's the way to go!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »

Not only does he offer bad content, but he’s also abrasive!
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »

Yeah, Ray Goldfield definitely is a character alright!

The Americans and Israelis are going to be the ones aiding in the hurried evacuations and settling the refugees, so I think we have a valid reason to be involved here.

Stop gaslighting. We don't believe you.

You really need help for your paranoid delusions.

All the bowing and scraping in the world didn't save my great-uncle and his family once Stalin got around to them, and it won't save the people over there who think like you either.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »

Please stop.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »

Shame

Yep, have faith in the anecdotal bull spewed out from a random fellow delusional civility hawk and the articles and polls manufactured by establishment media fearful of a Labour government! Three cheers, that's the way to go!

Really not interested in getting up to speed on this agrument/thread, but I was curious how many Jews were leaving Britain for Israel, I clicked on the link and followed the link and the number was 371 meaning a 7% increase =25 more people this year than last.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »

The only thing Clinton did wrong was thinking with the head between his legs instead of the one above his neck. Monica Lewinsky was a narcissistic bimbo who pursued Clinton relentlessly because he was the President. Bill Clinton was a conquest to Monica Lewinsky. Clinton obviously should have declined her advances, but Monica Lewinsky was a star-struck, naive bimbo who just wanted to fulfill her fantasy of banging the President. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Clinton, George Bush or even Bob Dole in the Oval Office, the desire would have been the same. 

Looks like we found another incel
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »

The Americans and Israelis are going to be the ones aiding in the hurried evacuations and settling the refugees, so I think we have a valid reason to be involved here.

All the bowing and scraping in the world didn't save my great-uncle and his family once Stalin got around to them, and it won't save the people over there who think like you either.

Corbynists never fail to live down to even the most basic expectations of human decency.

Still evergreen.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »

Corbynists never fail to live down to even the most basic expectations of human decency.

Still evergreen.

Speaking of green, I heartily recommend CBD oil. Should be very helpful for you.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2018, 11:23:01 AM »

Context (this is such a horrible post on so many different levels):

I honestly can't believe people buy the Ford accusations. It was the biggest gaslighting effort in ages and completely insincere, only aimed at partisan goals: slowing down the process in order to make sure Democrats win back the Senate before Kavanaugh could be confirmed. Casting doubt and creating smokescreens for no real reason other than pure partisanship. And it is Democrats who should be ashamed of this, not Republicans. Just like Republicans should be ashamed of not organizing hearings for Merrick Garland.

No, I don't view a testimony as "evidence" in itself, polygraphs are not very reliable, there are holes in Ford's testimony, I don't think Kavanaugh liking beer is a problem, I also don't think Kavanaugh downplaying him liking beer during what is essentially a job interview is a problem, and obviously one can find enough people seconding your story once a SCOTUS nominee of a party disliked in your social circles can be taken down.

I don't know anything about the accusations by people other than Ford, and am not particularly interested in learning more about them. They should have gone to court before if they had a problem with him. End of the story.

I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that? Surely the party of phony investigations and dirty tricks like Benghazi, emails, death panels, phony IRS targeting Conservatives, Obama born in Kenya, etc... doesn't have a problem with their own behavior and tactics being used against them? It seem like you guys love to dish it out but cant take it back. Hopefully there are many more Kavanaugh investigations in the future.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »

Bolded/underlined for emphasis of the worst bits.

Calm down children, I was not entirely serious lol.

But how can we ask anyone to be ''above suspicion''? I found the second and third allegations rather unbelievable. Ford's allegation might have been somewhat credible, but there were major holes and it's in no way enough to ruin someone's career and everything they've worked for. You can't just expect people to make decisions based on your story if you don't have any real proof, that would create a very nasty precedent. It must be incredibly hard for dr. Ford (assuming she believes her own story, which she probably does), but in the end the negative precedent that a Kavanaugh rejection would create quite frankly outweighs her feelings. Kavanaugh's behaviour during the hearings wasn't entirely proper, but I'll give him something of a pass considering the circumstances. Other than that you can't really doubt Kavanaugh's legal credentials. And no, we can't definitively conclude he committed perjury. Perjury has quite a high bar, being less than forecoming or potentially misinterpreting questions doesn't equal perjury. If you consider what Kavanaugh did perjury you're going to have to go after a lot of previous witnesses too lmao.

If something really credible comes up theoretically there always is the possibility of impeachment anyway. Now I know that the GOP congress likely wouldn't do it, but I'm not making policy based on the (nevertheless likely correct) assumption that the GOP congress will be sh**tty.

I don't really think the Kavanaugh situation can be compared to a teacher (credibly) being accused of sexual assault.   Assuming Kavanaugh actually did it (I obviously don't think he did it) he still did it while he was a drunk 17-year old. An adult teacher with (credible) accusations is in a place to directly harm even more children. The stakes are much higher for Kavanaugh anyway. I'd just rather not open Pandora's box and create a situation where a story can ruin every man's life.

Lol at the people who want to pack the courts btw. The GOP confirmed someone who might have been relatively dodgy when he was 17 (based on accusations that are not extremely credible). The Democrats want to react by seizing the courts to further their own agenda in an almost dictatorial way. Yeah, I really see the similarities here Huh. Packing the courts would be equivalent to the things dodgy right-wing nationalist governments in Eastern Europe do (Orbán, PiS). It would finally show the entire world that America actually is a banana republic Tongue. Personally I consider the GOP's behaviour after Scalia's death to be much more appalling than the GOP confirming Kavanaugh. I don't think the way the judiciary and the other powers are interlinked in the US is particularly healthy anyway, but I guess that's how America works lol.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2018, 03:54:39 PM »

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »

I honestly can't believe people buy the Ford accusations. It was the biggest gaslighting effort in ages and completely insincere, only aimed at partisan goals: slowing down the process in order to make sure Democrats win back the Senate before Kavanaugh could be confirmed. Casting doubt and creating smokescreens for no real reason other than pure partisanship. And it is Democrats who should be ashamed of this, not Republicans. Just like Republicans should be ashamed of not organizing hearings for Merrick Garland.

No, I don't view a testimony as "evidence" in itself, polygraphs are not very reliable, there are holes in Ford's testimony, I don't think Kavanaugh liking beer is a problem, I also don't think Kavanaugh downplaying him liking beer during what is essentially a job interview is a problem, and obviously one can find enough people seconding your story once a SCOTUS nominee of a party disliked in your social circles can be taken down.

I don't know anything about the accusations by people other than Ford, and am not particularly interested in learning more about them. They should have gone to court before if they had a problem with him. End of the story.

I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that? Surely the party of phony investigations and dirty tricks like Benghazi, emails, death panels, phony IRS targeting Conservatives, Obama born in Kenya, etc... doesn't have a problem with their own behavior and tactics being used against them? It seem like you guys love to dish it out but cant take it back. Hopefully there are many more Kavanaugh investigations in the future.

Is your beef with DavidB or Mondale's post?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2018, 06:57:14 PM »

Both are bad, but in this case Mondale’s is far worse.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »

Both are bad, but in this case Mondale’s is far worse.

LOL.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2018, 12:09:58 PM »

Hugin is more likely to win than Bredesen, O'Rourke, or Heitkamp.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »

There are instructional, cultural, and individual reasons that lead to disportportionate African American impoverishment. It feels like most White Liberals disregard or at least dramatically downplay any non-institutional influences upon African American poverty; while that is unquestionably the primary cause, its not the exclusive cause. There is a wide reaching culture wherein obtaining and keeping a paid job makes you a sellout, that drug dealing and other criminal behavior is more socially acceptable, and that conforming to the standards of hard work, determination, and saving money make you “less” than the others in your community, as an African American.

It goes beyond just institutional issues, but it does have its roots in institutional issues.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »

There are instructional, cultural, and individual reasons that lead to disportportionate African American impoverishment. It feels like most White Liberals disregard or at least dramatically downplay any non-institutional influences upon African American poverty; while that is unquestionably the primary cause, its not the exclusive cause. There is a wide reaching culture wherein obtaining and keeping a paid job makes you a sellout, that drug dealing and other criminal behavior is more socially acceptable, and that conforming to the standards of hard work, determination, and saving money make you “less” than the others in your community, as an African American.

It goes beyond just institutional issues, but it does have its roots in institutional issues.

Case in point of liberal ignorance...

Do you even know any Black people who’re from the ghetto? This isn’t racism and it isn’t a secret. You need to escape your bubble once and a while. The world is more than theory...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »

^ Liberals can't be ignorant, they're liberals!!!!
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »

Case in point of liberal ignorance...

Do you even know any Black people who’re from the ghetto? This isn’t racism and it isn’t a secret. You need to escape your bubble once and a while. The world is more than theory...
IDK, I'm not inclined to trust a person who claims that black people think saving money and keeping a job of all things makes you less black. Or any form of "its the poors fault they're poor." Or the suggestion that white teenagers (and let's be honest, whatever "ghetto culture" you're complaining about is pretty much just teenagers being teenagers). Or generally playing into some of the worst white stereotypes about the ghetto.

There are cultural factors that compound inequality, but those factors aren't "these people just don't work hard". They're factors caused by poverty, especially the belief that it is mostly hopeless and not learning saving strategies. Most of these things are more about lack of education then teenagers making their pants sag (which people honestly need to chill out about. Notably these factors almost universally apply across races.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2018, 04:54:47 PM »

And I'm not a liberal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies