Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:39:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Author Topic: Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)  (Read 23157 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2018, 12:18:48 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2018, 12:25:44 AM by UWS »

Doug Jones Campaign Schedule - Febuary 2nd to Febuary 9th

February 2

Campaign announcement in Columbia, South Carolina :

Hello, South Carolina. These are times of challenges as we have a leader who has deeply divided this country through anti-immigration policies, through his attempts to deprive the American people of their health care insurance by repealing Obamacare and through tax cuts that only benefited for the top 1 % instead of benefiting the middle class and lower income Americans.

Throughout my life, I demonstrated a record of real leadership in Alabama. As U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, I prosecuted two Ku Klux Klan members for the 1963 Birmingham church bombing that killed four African-American girls. During my tenure, I also secured an indictment against Eric Rudolph, a domestic terrorist responsible for four politically motivated attacks, including the Atlanta Olympic Park bombing in 1996. And I became the first Democrat in 25 years to win a senate seat in the deeply red state of Alabama.

So now is the time for real leadership in Washington and that requires bringing Democrats and Republicans together in order to get things done. We need to reduce taxes for the middle class in order to make this economy working again for all Americans, we need a strong military and to work with our allies instead of treating them badly like Donald Trump is doing and we need universal health care system in which all of our people will have access. So it is in order to get us there that I'm running for President and I hope you'll follow me. Thank you. God bless you.

February 3
-Flight to New London, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in New London, NH
-Meet with voters in Danbury, NH
-Meet with voters in Chichester, NH
-Agriculture policy speech in Chichester, NH
-Meet with voters in Danbury, NH
-Meet with voters in Canterbury, NH
-Meet with voters in Bradford, NH
-Meet with voters in Allenstown, NH
-Meet with voters in Concord, NH
-Education policy speech in Concord, NH
There is no doubt that the quality and funding of education in America have been uneven. Rather than abandoning our communities and schools to experiments overseen by political donors, we must commit our nation to providing first class public education for children regardless of where they live. Republicans say that they believe in "equality of opportunity." It is time to provide the resources to ensure that equality.

February 4
-Meet with voters in Franklin, NH
-Fundraising event in Franklin, NH
-Meet with votrers in Manchester, NH
-Free trade policy speech at Segway PT headquarters in Manchester, NH
-Fundraising dinner with the voters in Manchester, NH
-Immigration policy speech in Manchester, NH

The reason why we lost the 2016 election four years ago was because we put aside some of our party's principles and as a result, progressive voters stayed home on Election Day and we lost despite winning the popular vote. We can't afford to repeat that mistake again. That's why our nominee in 2020 needs to be a real progressive. And I'm afraid that this is not Kristen Gillibrand's case.

As a congresswoman, Gillibrand has unfalteringly opposed immigration reform, opposed any sort of amnesty for illegal immigrants, supported deputizing local law enforcement officers to enforce federal immigration laws, spoke out against allowing illegal immigrants to have driver's licenses and sought to make English the official language of the US. She sided in favor of requiring adult occupants of affordable housing to provide proof of residency.

[Crowd boos]

President Trump is already separating immigrant families in the southern borders, which is unhuman, and restricting immigration as well as the American Dream through stricter immigration laws. Enough is enough.

As President, I will reform our broken immigration system by granting amnesty for immigrants who are coming here for better opportunities and better living conditions through giving them access to U.S. citizenship, by allowing the Dreamers to stay and by granting higher education as well as driver licenses for immigrants. That's how we're going to restore America's status as an inclusive and united nation and to restore the American Dream. Thank you. God bless America.

February 5
-Meet with voters in Nashua, NH
-Infrastructure policy speech in Nashua, NH
-Wall Street reform policy speech in Nashua, NH

The next Democratic nominee for President needs to have the courage to stand against special interests and to stand  for the middle class and everyday Americans. But unfortunately, in 1999, Sherrod Brown, who was Congressman at that time, supported the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act that repealed Glass-Steagall, thus contributing to the 2008 financial crisis that drastically hurt the economy, killed millions of jobs and opened up the banks to do whatever they want with the American people's money.

If I were there to vote on this issue at that time, I would not have hesitated to vote against this bill. When I'm President, I will work with Congress to restore Glass-Steagall and to reform Wall Street to make this economy fair again and to bring integrity back to our financial system.

-Meet with votrers in Amherst, NH
-Meet with votrers in Greenville, NH
-Meet with votrers in Merrimack, NH
-Town hall meeting with the voters in Merrimack, NH
-Meet with voters in New Boston, NH

February 6
-Ad filming in Derry, NH
-Green energy policy speech in Dover, NH

February 7
-Meet with voters in Columbia, SC
-Gun policy speech in Columbia, SC

February 8
-Meet with votrers in Simpsonville, SC
-Meet with votrers in Greenville, SC
-Health care policy speech in Greenville, SC

Here are the pillars of my health care plan : 1) All Americans deserve the right to quality, affordable healthcare; 2) No American should be unable to make ends meet from out-of-control medical bills; 3) Pre-existing conditions should never be a reason to deny care or make care unaffordable; 4) Preventative care should be a foundation of our health care system. It is inefficient and dangerous for Americans to rely on the emergency room to treat preventable illness.

-Flight to Nashua, NH

February 9
Primary night rally with voters in Concord, NH
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2018, 12:49:38 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2018, 01:04:32 AM by UWS »

Jones campaign ad ahead of the New Hampshire Primary

The ad titled « Enough is Enough » airs in New Hampshire

I'm Doug Jones and I approve this message.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »

Biden Response to Gillibrand Attack Ad

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »

Gillibrand Releases Response to Biden and Jones

“These attacks on my record are laughable at best. I have long said my record in the House was colored by my experience in my district. While in the senate, I have fought tirelessly for the rights of my constituents, and that includes evolving on immigration. In response to Vice President Biden, with all due respect, your words speak for themselves. I will not back down from attacks that misconstrue my record.”
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »

New Hampshire Midnight Votes

Democrat Dixville Notch, New Hampshire Results (100%)
Joe Biden: 2
Sherrod Brown: 1
Derek Jeter: 1
Michelle Obama: 0
Kristen Gillibrand: 0
Doug Jones: 0
John Delaney: 0
Joaquin Castro: 0

Republican Dixville Notch, New Hampshire Results (100%)
John Kasich: 4
Donald Trump (Write-In): 1

Democrat Harts Location, New Hampshire Results (100%)
Kristen Gillibrand: 6
Joe Biden: 4
Michelle Obama: 4
Sherrod Brown: 3
Doug Jones: 3
Derek Jeter: 2
John Delaney: 1

Republican Harts Location, New Hampshire Results (100%)
John Kasich: 14

Democrat Millsfield, New Hampshire Results (100%)
Kristen Gillibrand: 3
Joe Biden: 1
Doug Jones: 1
Michelle Obama: 0
Sherrod Brown: 0
Derek Jeter: 0
John Delaney: 0

Republican Millsfield, New Hampshire Results (100%)
John Kasich: 13
Donald Trump (write-in): 3

New Hampshire Democrat Results (0.1%)
Kristen Gillibrand: 9
Joe Biden: 7
Sherrod Brown: 4
Michelle Obama: 4
Doug Jones: 4
Derek Jeter: 3
John Delaney: 1

New Hampshire Republican Results (0.1%)
John Kasich: 31
Donald Trump (write-in): 4
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2018, 10:55:11 AM »

New Hampshire Election Night 2020: First Results

Anderson Cooper: In just two seconds the first results will be coming out of the curcial, first primary state of New Hampshire. On the Republican side, John Kasich is the only Republican left after Donald Trump suprisly quit the race. We do have word from the Trump campaign or should I say the former Trump campaign that he will adress the nation on his sudden exit within the next few days and wether he will offer an endorsment or not. Already people have started to talk about a potential enternacne of an anouther candidate like Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz or Carly Fiorina who were all preping for runs but dediced against it earlier in the year.

On the Democratic side, it could be a very interseing race to watch. New Hampshire like in Iowa has become exerminly close within the last few days with both Biden and Jones having major bounces in the polls and because of Brown's win in Iowa the other day, he has seen a major boost. Both Obama and Jeter did see a small bump but both of them have their campaigns focused on other states. Without Delaney on the campaign trail, his campaign has fallen flat in New Hampshire which could hurt him later in the race. Castro has put all resources into Nevada which has given a small boost but still a bad night in New Hampshire could still hurt him badly.

Now here are our first results out of New Hampshire:

Official Democratic New Hampshire Results (0.3%)
Joe Biden: 25%
Sherrod Brown: 15%
Kristen Gillibrand: 13%
Michelle Obama: 13%
Doug Jones: 12%
Derek Jeter: 10%
Juaquin Castro: 7%
John Delaney: 5%

Official Republican New Hampshire Results (0.3%)
John Kasich: 64%
Write-In: 34%
Vermin Supreme: 2%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »

Anderson Cooper: With more result out now, we now know the write-in Donald Trump effort has failed and Kasich has won overwhelmingly. On the Democratic side, Biden had an early lead mostly because votes were coming from rural areas of the state but now that the more liberal cities are coming in Gillibrand is now coming back but is in a five-way and sometimes a six-way tie for the leader in New Hampshire.

Official Democratic New Hampshire Results (1.7%)
Joe Biden: 17%
Kristen Gillibrand: 16%
Sherrod Brown: 16%
Doug Jones: 15%
Michelle Obama: 14%
Derek Jeter: 11%
Juaquin Castro: 10%
John Delaney: 1%

Official Republican New Hampshire Results (1.7%)
John Kasich: 74%
Write-In: 21%
Vermin Supreme: 5%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »

Anderson Cooper: Even with all the negative attack ads aimed at Gillibrand, she was still able to pull ahead and if she keeps this lead then the night might be shorter than we thought it would be. Biden, Jones, Obama, and Brown are all in very good positions to still pull off a win and we are opened to a surprise from both Castro and Jeter. On the Republican side, Kasich has pushed the write-ins down but he has to keep pushing it below 10% or there will be more committed Trump Delegates at the convection.

Official Democratic New Hampshire Results (29.5%)
Kristen Gillibrand: 19%
Joe Biden: 16%
Doug Jones: 16%
Michelle Obama: 15%
Sherrod Brown: 12%
Juaquin Castro: 10%
Derek Jeter: 9%
John Delaney: 3%

Official Republican New Hampshire Results (29.5%)
John Kasich: 84%
Write-In: 11%
Vermin Supreme: 5%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »

Anderson Cooper: Breaking News coming out of New Hampshire: with the number of votes counted and the lead of Gillibrand, we project Kristen Gillibrand to win New Hampshire and Joe Biden to place second. Obama was talking about three clear tickets coming out of Iowa in her victory speech but I think there could be a fourth or even a fifth if Jones pulls off a surprise third.

Now here are our results out of New Hampshire:

Official Democratic New Hampshire Results (79.1%)
Kristen Gillibrand: 21%
Joe Biden: 19%
Doug Jones: 17%
Michelle Obama: 17
Sherrod Brown: 15%
Juaquin Castro: 14%
Derek Jeter: 11%
John Delaney: 1%

Official Republican New Hampshire Results (79.1%)
John Kasich: 83%
Write-In: 14%
Vermin Supreme: 3%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »

Democrat Race Update

Sherrod Brown: 18
Joe Biden: 17
Kristen Gillibrand: 15
Michelle Obama: 12
John Delaney: 6
Doug Jones: 6
Derek Jeter: 1
Juaquin Castro: 1

Official Democratic New Hampshire primary Results
Kristen Gillibrand: 20.3% (10)
Joe Biden: 17.7%(7)
Doug Jones: 16.2%(6)
Michelle Obama: 15.3% (5)
Sherrod Brown: 11.4% (2)
Derek Jeter: 10.1% (1)
Juaquin Castro: 10.0% (1)
John Delaney: 2.0%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:46 PM »

Republican Race Update

John Kasich: 29
Donald Trump: 24

Official Republican New Hampshire Primary Results
John Kasich: 85.7% (18)
Donald Trump: 10.1% (5)
Vermin Supreme:3.4
Other: 0.8%
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2018, 02:06:14 PM by UWS »

Doug Jones' response to Kirsten Gillibrand in Reno, Nevada

My colleague Kirsten Gillibrand has said, and I quote "I have long said my record in the House was colored by my experience in the district. While in thr senate, I have tirelessly fought for the rights of my constituents and that includes evolving on immigration." You mean " that includes flip-flopping on immigration. " That demonstrates how much Senator Gillibrand is ready to say or do anything to win votes. That is the worst kind of attempt to earn the trust of the voters.

You know Hillary Clinton opposed driver licenses for illegal immigrants. That is probably one of the reasons why she lost Florida to Donald Trump in 2016 since Clinton's stance on driver licenses might have led some Hispanic voters to stay home on Election Day. We can't afford to repeat that mistake again. We need a nominee who has always fought for the rights of all Americans, including immigrants. If you want a candidate with such a record the answer is Doug Jones, not Kirsten Gillibrand.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2018, 04:19:16 PM »

Castro for President Rally

Topic: New Hampshire Results

*Joaquin Castro walks on stage*

CHEERS

Hello New Hampshire!

MASSIVE CHEERS

This primary was great for this campaign, and this primary was a message that we are not to be underestimated and that we are a serious contender in this race!

CLAPS

The people of New Hampshire made the decision that we shall receive 10%, and that one delegate, ohh that one delegate, what a great person they are!

LAUGHTER

We plan on moving on in other states such as Nevada and Alaska, and we plan on winning, and we plan on winning for you the American people!

CHEERS

I am ready to fight for New Hampshire, I am ready to fight for Democrats, and I am ready to fight for every American in this great country. Thank you New Hampshire, and may God Bless the United States!

CHEERS

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Victory Speech

“New Hampshire, we did it! With your help, we dealt a major blow to the status quo, showing that voters are tired of the old guard and politics as usual. I am so grateful for all of your hard work across the state, knocking on doors, making calls, and donating your hard earned money towards our campaign. I can promise you that I will continue on this campaign for you, focusing on equal pay, paid family leave, protecting and expanding your healthcare, and pushing a bold, progressive economic agenda. Let’s carry this energy to Nevada and South Carolina! Thank you.”
JacoryLMG462
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »

Can I be Tim Pawlenty in this simulation?

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »

CASTRO CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT

THE CASTRO CAMPAIGN WAS JUST ENDORSED BY REP. AL GREEN (D-TX), AND REP. BETO O'ROURKE (D-TX)
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »

Can I be Tim Pawlenty in this simulation?

Sure!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2018, 08:48:07 PM »

CASTRO CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT

SPEECH:

JOAQUIN CASTRO WALKS ON STAGE

CHEERS

Hello citizens of Rhode Island! I am here for a quick speech, as your Senator, Sheldon Whitehouse just endorsed by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thank you all, and have a great night!

JacoryLMG462
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2018, 08:58:25 PM »

Small Question, Am I able to choose Trump instead?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »

Small Question, Am I able to choose Trump instead?
No, he is officially out
JacoryLMG462
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:54 PM »

Alright, Thanks for letting me know!
JacoryLMG462
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »

Tim Pawlenty President Campaign Event
Campaign Location: Manchester, New Hampshire.

Hello New Hampshire!

You know, During my journey to this campaign event. I took a wonderful look outside to see my supporters trying to get a spot to see me talk about the issues affecting you the people. And I will point out, If you really think this is a huge crowd. Take a wonderful look outside. How we have a choice coming up. The people of New Hampshire will have to work their voices out. And choose a voice that best suits them. And I will tell you, I am definitely the people's voice!

As the Governor of Minnesota, I have worked relentlessly with the Bush Administration to pass legislation and despite people in the liberal corner attacking me every last bit, I have stood up to the Democratic Party, As your President I will not be a person who uses disgusting attacks in order to attack their opponents. As your President, I will not sit down and be patient and wait for politicians to play sound games and make noise, But don't deal damage.

We need politicians willing to come to the drawing board, And simulate a plan needed to fix up our party into the 20s, And we also need a leader to come and support a closed borders, And a strong economy, We also need a president who will not use liberalism to the extreme, That's what your get with John Kasich. Ladies and Gentleman I am proudly able to announce my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States. Goodbye!
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2018, 06:04:51 AM »

DELANEY MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT

“Hello. Thank you all who have supported me throughout this campaign. I do believe we got our message out to the public. But we do not have a chance at winning the nomination. So I am officially dropping out and endorsing Sherrod Brown, a true progressive and someone who cares about the future, for President. Thank you.”
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2018, 08:53:16 AM »

Turn 5
Febuary 10th to Febuary 27th

In the News!

Enterance of Pawlnety and Roemer enter the field
With the exit of Trump, the Republican race was wide open so Pawlenty has jumped in. Roemer believes that this will be the independents year

Victory in New Hampshire
Kasich and Gillibrand take their first wins with imppersive showings from Obama, Biden and Jones

Trump, Clinton and Delaney leave the field
After poor showing in Iowa, Clinton called it quits and then after a poor showing in New Hampshire, Delaney left the field with his six delegates.

RCP Trump Approval Rating
Disapprove: 51%
Approve: 35%
Unsure: 14%

RCP General Election Polling
Generic Democrat: 44%
Generic Republican: 43%
Roemer/Chaffee: 1%
Unsure: 12%

RCP Republican National Polling Average
John Kasich: 47%
Tim Pawlenty: 32%
Unsure: 21%

RCP Democrat National Polling
Joe Biden: 23%
Sherrod Brown: 16%
Kristen Gillibrand: 15%
Michelle Obama: 11%
Doug Jones: 10%
Derek Jeter: 7%
Joaquin Castro: 3%
Unsure: 15%

RCP State Republican Polling Averge

South Carolina
John Kasich: 46%
Tim Pawlenty: 43%
Unsure: 11%

Nevada
John Kasich: 53%
Tim Pawlnety: 41%
Unsure: 6%

RCP State Democrat National Polling

Nevada
Michelle Obama: 21%
Joe Biden: 20%
Juaquin Castro: 19%
Derek Jeter: 14%
Kristen Gillibrand: 7%
Sherrod Brown: 6%
Doug Jones: 4%
Unsure: 9%

South Carolina
Michelle Obama: 26%
Derek Jeter: 21%
Doug Jones: 17%
Joe Biden: 11%
Kristen Gillibrand: 6%
Juaquin Castro: 5%
Sherrod Brown: 4%
Unsure: 10%

Moderator's notes: This turn will last until Next Sunday night, at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension, preferably after you read this sentence. Extensions will be given for the requester and the requester only, not for the field at large, so if you need an extension, PM me.

There will be no debate during this turn, however, there will be one in Turn six. You are allowed two endorsements per turn, so make sure to PM me your endorsements so that I can approve of them, and endorsements are first-come, first-serve.

This turn will last the first week of February and the last turn before the South Carolina and Nevada. Make sure to schedule your campaign accordingly.

Messaging is key! This turn will be all about setting up your ground game and building your coalition, so make sure to write your speeches/schedule accordingly! Speaking of which...

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: if you poll more than 15% nationally, you may run three advertisements. If you poll between 10% and 15%, you may run two advertisements, and if you poll below 10% but above 5%, then you can run one advertisement!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2018, 09:14:12 AM »

General Election Polling

Closet States

Pennsylvainia
Generic Democrat: 43.1%
Generic Republican: 41.9%
Roemer/Chaffee: 0.7%

Florida
Generic Democrat: 41.7%