Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:24:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Author Topic: Divison 2020 Election Game (Game Thread)  (Read 23281 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »

What Jeter did part 1
After a break from campaigning Jeter went to South Carolina to capitalize on his popularity there. 

He went around South Carolina and it’s Solar fields campaigning on making Solar the future of power and says he will help it defeat big oil and coal and proposed tax relief for solar energy business and the repeal of President Trump’s solar tax and regulations on the business.

He also went on the record calling out the history of Joe Biden’s flip flops and ties Kristen Gillibrand has with several infamous people.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »

What's Utah
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2018, 07:42:41 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2018, 09:42:48 PM by NewYorkExpress »

New Endorsements for Michelle Obama

Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)

Newsom will be campaigning in California and Nevada

Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)

Duckworth will be campaigning in Illinois, Nevada and South Carolina

Other Endorsements

Barack Obama will be campaigning in South Carolina and Nevada

John Lewis will be campaigning in South Carolina

Jim Clyburn will be campaigning in South Carolina

Tom Harkin will be campaigning in Nevada

Maggie Hassan will be campaigning in Nevada

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »

Brown 2020: For the Future

February 1-7 Schedule

February 1-2: Brown would make visits to poor areas of South Carolina, touting his support for an increased minimum wage as well as affordable housing. He spoke at several meetings of low-income blue-collar workers, attempting to win their support with a left wing economic agenda, being especially bullish on his suppoort form unions. He would also meet with leaders of the frican-American community, touting his endorsement from the NAACP.

"I am beyond proud to have the endorsement of the NAACP, the oldest civil rights organisation in the country. For too long, the African-American population in this country has been neglected and left behind. The last few years, we have seen white supremacists come out of the woodwork, shouting about how bad the African-American community is. Well, I beg to differ. It was the Democratic Party that elected an African-American President, and so help us God, we will continue the march forward on civil rights!

February 3-4: Brown spent these weeks touring Michigan and Illinois, further establishing his base of blue-collar workers in the region. He made an effort to appear with AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka at as many rallies as he could, as well as touring factories, both active and abandoned. Again, he would talk up his support for a Taft-Hartley repeal, as well as his undivided support from unions.

February 5-7: Brown would travel to Nevada these days, meeting with several employees in the service industry to encourage them to come out and vote in their primary in order to bring about change. He also encouraged them to unionise, in order to gain better conditions for themselves, and promised that a Brown administration would support unionised workers in every way possible.

Surrogate schedule

Former Vice President Gore and Senator Bernie Sanders will head through the industrial states and continue to rally the blue-collar vote there.

Senators Tammy Baldwin and Kyrsten Sinema will head to the New England states to rally the LGBT vote for Brown, touting his high level of support for the LGBT community.

Congressman Delaney and Senator Duckworth will head out west, rallying support from liberal voters in California, Washington and Oregon. Again, not only will his pro-working class views be touted, but they will also emphasise his support for universal healthcare.

The AFL-CIO will be leading organisational efforts in the industrial states, as well as the state leaders giving stump speeches in support of Brown and targeting working-class communities.

The NAACP will lead efforts in the south, using a similar strategy. This time, they will target African-American communities.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2018, 08:56:36 AM »

New endorsements for Brown

Americans for Democratic Action is proud to declare its support for Sherrod Brown in the 2020 race for President. You would struggle to find people who hold progressive ideals closer to their heart than Sherrod Brown. A tireless supporter of universal healthcare, education, labor unions, and the LGBT and African-American communties, Sherrod Brown's election would ensure a bold, progressive agenda for the United States

Chnage to Win represents over five million workers and works in close concert with the AFL-CIO. We have been at the forefront of fighting for a $15 an hour minimum wage, repealing Taft-Hartley, and supporting workers that have no other means of support. What Sherrod Brown is offering is simply the most pro-worker platform we have seen in years; it's that simple. We are proud to endorse him.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Gillibrand Endorsements and Surrogate Schedule

Al Sharpton Endorses Gillibrand at GOTV Rally in Colombia, SC

“I am so glad to endorse Reverend Kirsten Gillibrand for President! She can take us to church, can’t she? To be serious though, she is the only candidate speaking truth to our needs as a community. She is the only person talking about real solutions to wage disparity in minority communities, to the mass incarceration that is targeted towards black and brown men, and to the rampant corruption we see so clearly in politics. I will be working to get this woman elected with every fiber of my being. Come on South Carolina, let’s rock the political establishment like we did back in 08!”

Sharpton focused his time in South Carolina, energizing voters.

Cory Booker Joins Gillibrand in Charleston

“As you’ve heard, my friend Kirsten Gillibrand is running for President. She is the smartest, hardest working colleague I have ever met. She has cosponsored a medical marijuana bill to address our criminal justice crisis, rejected corporate PAC money, and made it her mission to elect women and people of color. The facts are, we have a choice to make. We can choose a compassionate fighter to work tirelessly for our values or sell ourselves short. I’m confident in all of you to make the best choice for our nation.”

Senators Booker and Harris spend the week crossing South Carolina, speaking to minority communities about the importance of electing Gillibrand.

Jacky Rosen and Julian Castro spend their time in Nevada, working with unions to make plans to caucus for Gillibrand.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »

Rep. Mia Love will campaign in Utah

Gov. Jon Huntsman will campaign in Utah
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »

What Jeter did part 2

Jeter campaigned with Tulsi Gabbard in Nevada in which he called out Joe Biden and Michelle Obama by saying while he respects them he claims they are running a similar campaign to what Hillary Clinton ran in 2016 and that will strengthen another chance of a Republican victory.

Jeter called Trump stepping out of the race a big sigh of relief and called him the “Divider in Chief”

Jeter campagined in Suburban Nevada with several progressive activists on helping unions and defeating climate change.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »

Schedule for Michelle Obama

February 10, 2020

Meet Voters in Edgefield, South Carolina

Speech in North Augusta, South Carolina

I'm just going to assume Senator Jones is running because he knows Alabama voters won't reelect him this year. I mean, I like the guy a lot for prosecuting members of Ku Klux Klan, but the fact is, his moderate viewpoint doesn't resonate with our party's base. What works for Alabama's Democrats, doesn't work for Democrats in California, New York, Illinois or other states across the country, and we are sacrificing a Senate seat with him running for President, that he (possibly) might have won.

Speech in Aiken, South Carolina

Vice President Biden was chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee during the Clarence Thomas Supreme Court confirmation battle, right? So, why when Thomas was accused of sexually harassing Anita Hill, did Biden not do the right thing and stop the hearings then and there, and deny Thomas a vote? These days, we've seen justices like Merrick Garland denied votes for less, so Thomas certainly should have been denied a vote for his sexual harassment.

Meet Voters in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina

February 11, 2019

Meet Voters in Saluda, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Newberry, South Carolina

February 12, 2019-February 17, 2019

Fundraisers, California, New York, Illinios

February 18-24

Barnstorm/GOTV in Nevada

February 25-26

Barnstorm/GOTV in South Carolina (Especially in Charleston and Columbia)

February 27, 2019

Election Night Rally, North Charleston Coliseum, Charleston, South Carolina.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »

Brown campaign ad: Honest Campaigning

*Brown speaking directly to camera*

Hi, I'm Sherrod Brown, and I'm running to be your President this year.

One thing that seems to be common this year is the willingness of every candidate to attack each other. It's become less about policy, and more about clawing your opponent's eyes out and hoping you don't get tagged for it. It's become about tearing down someone who might end up as your party's nominee.

So how about I promise this: I will run no negative ads, take no money from PACs or SuperPACs, and if you ever hear me say anything negative about my opponent, I'll be saying it directly into the camera, so you know it came directly from me, and not through a filter.

I'm Sherrod Brown, and I approve this message. 
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2018, 10:13:52 PM »

CASTRO ENDORSEMENT

CASTRO ENDORSED BY THE LATINO COALITION OF AMERICA

CHAIRMAN HECTOR V. BARRETO SAID EARLIER TODAY:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

CHAIRMAN BARRETO IS EXPECTED TO HELP REPRESENTATIVE CASTRO CAMPAIGN.

MycroftCZ

« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2018, 12:00:41 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2018, 12:12:00 PM by MycroftCZ »

Biden 2020
For a Better America
Campaign Schedule: February 10th-27th

February 10th
Rest

February 11th
Las Vegas, NV: Rally(with endorsement from Senator Harry Reid)
Henderson, NV: Meet with Voters(with Sen. Reid)

February 12th
Unionville, NV: Meet with Voters
Fallon, NV: Meet with Voters
Reno, NV: Rally(with Sen. Reid)

February 24th
Grand Forks, MN: Rally
Detriot Lakes, MN: Meet with Voters
Alexandira, MN: Meet with Voters
St. Cloud, MN: Meet with Voters
Monticello, MN: Meet with Voters
Minneapolis, MN: Rally

February 25th
Florence, SC: Meet with Voters
Sumter, SC: Meet with Voters
Orangeburg, SC: Town Hall
Lexington, SC: Meet with Voters
Columbia, SC: Rally

February 26th
Greenville, SC: Rally
Rock Hill, SC: Rally
Columbia, SC: Rally
Hilton Head, SC: Rally
Myrtle Beach, SC: Rally
Charleston, SC: Rally

February 27th
Lansing, MI: Rally
Ann Hardbor, MI: Rally
Watch Returns in Hotel, Statement Released

Frmr. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick continues to campagin in MA for VP Biden
Gov. Gwen Graham begins to campaign for VP Biden in Florida
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »

Buddy's schedule

February 1st to February 29th

Campaign In Utah
MycroftCZ

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

Biden 2020
For a Better America
Endorsements: Frmr. Nevada Senator and Majority/Minority Leader Harry Reid and Colorado Governor Cary Kennedy

Gov. Kennedy will join Vice President Biden on the campaign trail and campaign without him in Colorado.
Sen. Reid will join Biden on the campaign trail before the Nevada Caucuses.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2018, 01:26:32 PM by MycroftCZ »

Biden Ad #7: "Dream"
Running in Nevada
(Narrator talks)

On November 9th, 2016

Immigrants woke up in a nightmare.

But they went to work, just like before

Forging on

Against the tide

Joe Biden is determined to continue fighting for immigrants everywhere.

Joe knows they make America better, not worse.

Because America is a place

To dream.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »

Jimmy Carter endorses Derek Jeter in South Carolina

Fellow Democrats, Fellow southerners I fully believe that the best chance of putting back the Democratic Party in the White House and us winning back the South is by nominating Derek Jeter.

He has been a leader on and off the field and like me comes from a working class suburban family and worked his way to the top by hisself and not by any sort of big money and hopefully that helps his way to the White House like mine’s was in 1976.   They told me when I ran for President back in 76 that I no chance of the Presidency and that I was lucky to reach 5%!  

But I think we knew what happened after that *Crowd cheers*  He is the only candidate in this race that has a plan or clear solar energy independence and going after Big Oil and it’s handpicked candidates and its special interests!   He will fight the big coal lobbyists of the Republican Party as we have seen through this last administration!!!  

Solar power has been growing in the South however President Trump and the SC Republican have been putting taxes and regulations on them just so Big Oil and Big Coal will have a unaffair advantage.

Well under a Jeter presidency that will not happen anymore he will make sure that Solar workers and businesses get a fair chance and give them a change to be the opportunity to be the energy of the future!!
MycroftCZ

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2018, 01:04:25 PM »

Biden Ad #8: "Fixed"
Running in Nevada, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia
(Biden narrates)

MycroftCZ

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2018, 01:24:43 PM »

Biden Ad #9: "Every Second"
Running in Minnesota, Virginia, Colorado, Vermont, Massachusetts
(Biden narrates)

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2018, 09:41:26 PM »

CASTRO ENDORSED BY REP. DINA TITUS (D-NV)

TITUS SAID AT A BRIEFING YESTERDAY:

THIS IS EXPECTED TO HELP JOAQUIN CASTRO IN THE NEVADA PRIMARY
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »

Doug Jones' Campaign Schedule - February 10-February 27

February 10
-Rest

February 11-13
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

February 14
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Celebrate Valentine Day with supporters in Las Vegas, NV

February 15
-Campaign in Reno, NV
-Doug Jones' response to Michelle Obama in Reno, NV

I have respect for Michelle Obama, but what she said about my record and my positions is just hypocrisy. She said and I quote that my « moderate viewpoint doesn't resonate with our party's base. What works for Alabama's Democrats, doesn't work for Democrats in California, New York, Illinois or other states across the country. » Well, Mrs. Obama, if you think my positions don't resonate with our party's base, you are one to talk, especially due to your husband's advocacy of free trade when he ratified the Trans Pacific Partnership and to the use of military force against Libya in 2011 and the troop surge in Afghanistan in 2010. So if you think my ideas would not resonate with our base and in states California, New York, Illinois or other states across the country then your positions too don't resonate in these states.

[Crowd laughs]

So the fact is that I'm campaigning to bring all the American people together after 4 divisive years of Donald Trump who is making it hard for immigrants to live the American Dream and who is enlarging the gap between the rich and the poor. That's why I propose to reduce taxes for the middle class in order to make sure that the top 1 % pays its fair share, to finally reform our immigration system, to increase defense spending in order to keep America safe and to finish our job to defeat ISIS and to keep Planned Parenthood alive in order to ensure that every woman in this country can make her own decision about her body, including for health purposes. That's why I'm the only candidate in this race who can unify this country and that's why I'm asking for your vote.

February 16
-Campaign in Carson City, NV

-Infrastructure policy speech in Carson City, NV where Senator Jones promises to increase infrastructure funding in order to facilitate economic activities across the country and to encourage the implementation of new businesses as well as job creation.

February 17
-Campaign in Las Vegas, NV
-Fundraising event at the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, NV
-Economic policy speech at the World Market Center in Las Vegas, NV

February 18
-Ad filming in Las Vegas, NV

February 19
-Campaign in Henderson, NV
-Economic policy speech at Lamborghini Las Vegas in Henderson, NV
-Immigration policy speech in Henderson, NV where Jones promises to reform America's broken immigration system at the first year of his first year in office.

February 20-21
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

February 22
-Campaign in Columbia, SC
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC

In these times of growing national security challenges time has come for increasing defense spending if we want our military to have the best combat readiness, the best equipment and the best arsenal to protect the United States from foreign threats. It will be beneficial for South Carolina's local economy just like it has proven to be beneficial for my home state's economy, particularly in the areas around NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center and the U.S. Army's Redstone Arsenal. That way, we will finally get the job done against ISIS in the Middle East and all around the world, we will stop China from bullying its neighbors in the South China Sea and Russia will never surpass us. That is how we're going to maintain and reinforce global peace through a safer America.

February 23
-Campaign in Charleston, SC
-Gun policy speech at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, SC

Three years ago, a lunatic supremacist called Dylan Roof killed 9 innocent African-Americans here because of their color. It demonstrates that racism is still alive today. But we also have to make sure that guns don't fall in the wrong hands and thus allowing psycopaths like Dylan Roof to shoot people. That's why I will establish background checks on the American people to ensure that civilized and honest people can defend themselves and that citizens seeking to harm people for their belief, their color or their origin can't succeed to offend anyone.

February 24
-Campaign in Mount Pleasant, SC
-Campaign in Rock Hill, SC
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Rock Hill, SC
-Campaign in Greenville, SC
-Campaign in Summerville, SC

February 25
-Campaign in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally with voters at Cashman Field in Las Vegas, NV

Joaquin Castro is not a real progressive. He doesn't have the ability to unite the factions of our party. In the last four years, Donald Trump has imposed his anti-immigration rhetoric, enforced immigration laws, restricted immigration and separated immigrant families at the southern borders. I have never ever seen anything as sad and outrageous as this crisis. But unfortunately, Joaquin Castro has told CBS News' The Takeout podcast that he's not in favor of abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Unlike him, I will abolish ICE in order to stop these unfair deportations and to keep these immigrant families together and to reform immigration system for the sake of better living conditions for immigrants coming to this country and for the sake of the American Dream.

February 26
-Campaign in Reno, NV
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada in Reno, NV
-Campaign in Elko, NV
-Economic policy speech in Elko, NV

February 27
-GOTV efforts in South Carolina and Nevada
-Election Night Rally at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston, South Carolina.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2018, 10:15:54 PM »

Doug Jones Campaign Ad

In an effort to stop Joaquin Castro's momentum in Nevada, Doug Jones' campaign broadcasts an attack ad against Joaquin Castro on his opposition to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The ad titled « Real Change » airs in Nevada

Real Change ad narration

Narrator : In the last four years, Donald Trump has imposed his anti-immigration rhetoric, enforced immigration laws, restricted immigration and separated immigrant families at the southern borders.

But unfortunately, Joaquin Castro has told CBS News' The Takeout podcast that he's not in favor of abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), which means that he wants to keep strict immigration laws that are separating immigrant families and arresting innocent immigrants coming to this country for better living conditions and better opportunities.

As president, Doug Jones will abolish ICE in the first 100 days of his presidency in order to stop these unfair deportations and to keep these immigrant families together. He will reform our broken immigration system for the sake of better living conditions for immigrants coming to this country, to grant them U.S. citizenship and to make the American Dream possible for all Americans.

That's why he's asking you, Nevada, for your support and your vote on February 27.

Doug Jones : I'm Doug Jones and I approve this message.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2018, 11:38:10 PM »

CASTRO FOR PRESIDENT SCHEDULE (FEBRUARY 10TH-27TH)

February 10th
- Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
- Rest

February 11th
- Door to Door Campaigning (Las Vegas, NV)

February 12th
- Rally with Rep. Titus (D-NV) representing Las Vegas

February 13th-14th
- Phone Banking in Las Vegas, Nevada

February 15th
-Rally about Healthcare (Carson City, NV)

February 16th
- Fundraising Event (Reno, NV) at the Whitney Peak Hotel

February 17th-18th
- Door to Door Campaigning (Henderson, NV)
-Parade

February 19th
- Speak at the Latino Coalition of America Event (Las Vegas, Nevada)

February 20th
- Speech on the Economy (Laughlin, NV)

February 21st
- Phone Banking (Carson City, NV)

February 22nd
- Flight to Charleston, SC
-Meet & Greet (Barnes and Nobles, Charleston)

February 23rd
- Fundraising Event (The Charleston Marriott)

February 24th
-Door to Door Campaigning (Myrtle Beach, SC)

February 25th
- Gun Violence Speech (Columbia, SC)
-Welfare Speech (Columbia, SC)

February 26th-27th
- Door to Door Campaigning (Spartansburg, SC)
-Parade
-Phone Banking
-Speech about Economic Prosperity
-Election Night Rally at the Las Vegas Convention Center

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2018, 01:02:00 AM »

CASTRO ENDORSED BY AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TEACHERS

The spokesperson said today:

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »

What Jeter did Part 3

Jeter went back to South Carolina and campaigned on more working class issues like why we could be the best bipartisan president and how he would deal with a Republican led House or Senate and their agenda and ideas.

Jeter then went to campaign on the Georgia South Carolina border on trade relations and repealing President Trump’s tariffs.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2018, 04:34:24 PM »

Jeter Campaign Ad
Biden the Flip Flopper
Airs in all 50 states

Voiceover:Is Joe Biden really what we need to shake up Washington and the Democrats? Is his experience really a perk?  Is Biden really that trustworthy?

The Biden in 2008 said marriage is between a man and woman but now he claims to be a life long activist for Gay Rights?

The Biden who Planned Parenthood who Planned Parenthood in 1986 said was a enemy to the pro choice movement and now acts like a life long activist for Choice?

The Biden who claims to be pro union yet votes and supports union killing laws like NAFTA and TPP?

The Biden who claims to be tough on Wall Street gets voted to repeal Glass Stegall in 1999?

Really that Biden? Well there is another choice in this race and I think you are gonna like him and that man is Derek Jeter!!

Jeter has fought against Wall Street and for LGBT rights and for Choice all his lifetime on and off the field.

He is the leader we need and the leader we need to bring in a new decade in progess.

Derek Jeter is a home run for the White House!!

Justice Democrats is responsible for the messages in this advertisement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies