Roseanne cancelled due to racist tweets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 11:23:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Roseanne cancelled due to racist tweets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Roseanne cancelled due to racist tweets  (Read 14185 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »

good i disliked her anyway
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:39 PM »

I'll be interested in seeing if any other network picks it up(can they?)  It was a very highly rated show. But I don't imagine the full cast would be willing to do it, since at this point they'd probably be hurting their careers to continue working on it.

Shame, I really enjoyed the latest season, and the finale was great. But it's never really been because of Roseanne but the supporting cast. They should have just killed her off or something. "Oh man, it's a shame Roseanne died in surgery." Though then they'd have to change the name of the show. i think it could work though.

Problem is that Rosanne would still get royalties as she created the characters.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:53 PM »

Why is Modern Family - a show with an explicitly offending agenda allowed to continue on ABC?

Because they think their perverse liberalism is "progress" and "discovery".

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2018, 01:26:31 PM »

Why is Modern Family - a show with an explicitly offending agenda allowed to continue on ABC?

I don't see how Modern Family is offensive? Explain?

Also ABC is a private company, they can do whatever they want with their programming lol
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2018, 01:26:52 PM »

What if I'm offended by what they believe? How come that doesn't count?

You can read minds?

You're missing my point. I personally get offended by things like "Black Lives Matters" but being offended by them doesn't count. But if THEY get offended, then it counts? Double standard.

Liberals believe that if you aren't a liberal, you're offensive. Then they say offensiveness cannot be "tolerated" and try and suppress freedom of speech.

You’re offended that the lives of black people matter?

I'm acknowledging the moral equivalency between things like Black Lives Matter and the KKK. I think all racial organizations that pit people against each other are disgusting.
Brilliant talking point there, chief. Let us know when roving gangs of blacks start lynching good white folks in the lawless state of Ohio
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »

I'm a conservative and I like Modern Family lmao
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »

They should have just killed her off or something. "Oh man, it's a shame Roseanne died in surgery." Though then they'd have to change the name of the show. i think it could work though.

A tragic incident at the Primate portion of the local zoo.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »

lmbo

I see insulting people on Twitter was important to her than her show. Good to know I suppose!

Perhaps she has political ambitions.

Three years ago the answer would be an obligatory "LOL", but things changes since then,
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »

You can read minds?

You're missing my point. I personally get offended by things like "Black Lives Matters" but being offended by them doesn't count. But if THEY get offended, then it counts? Double standard.

Liberals believe that if you aren't a liberal, you're offensive. Then they say offensiveness cannot be "tolerated" and try and suppress freedom of speech.

I'm acknowledging the moral equivalency between things like Black Lives Matter and the KKK. I think all racial organizations that pit people against each other are disgusting.
Brilliant talking point there, chief. Let us know when roving gangs of blacks start lynching good white folks in the lawless state of Ohio
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 01:28:05 PM »

This is something. I burst out laughing when I saw the news that this show had been cancelled. Roseanne's stupidity is truly astounding, and it ended up costing not only her, but her colleagues on this program. There are consequences for what you say in public.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 01:29:24 PM »

ABC is a private company, they can do whatever the hell they want and that's that.

Maybe if Trump voters want to choose whats on TV, you should become television executives? Oh wait, Trump voters are entitled poor people with no ambition. Nevermind.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2018, 01:36:10 PM by Crossfire Hurricane »

You sound awfully triggered. Time to go back to your safe space, snowflake.

I love it how the good ole free-market conservatives are all up in their hurt feels about a private company deciding what shows it wants to air. Hobby Lobby can refuse to provide contraceptives to its employees and Chick-full-of-Hate can have an anti-LGBT platform because "religious freedom" but when broadcasting companies yank racists (Roseanne) and bigots (Phil Robertson) off the air, it's librul tyranny!!!!!!!!1
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 01:30:28 PM »

What a dumbass.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »

The original Roseanne run was quite good, but I couldn’t do more than an episode or two of the new run. Oh well. Feel bad for the rest of the cast that had nothing to do with this and put their best foot forward to put on a good show, even if I didn’t personally care for it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 01:31:23 PM »

You can read minds?

BLM is lynching white people and burn crosses? I didn't know Cry
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »

If I was ABC I'd fire someone who behaved unprofessionally like this as well. I don't blame them at all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »

Naso's desperate attempts to hijack the thread are almost endearing.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 01:35:54 PM »

Eh, it had a perfect end way back when already.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »

You can read minds?

LOL. The fact that you're offended by this, of all things, is hillarious. It's almost like you don't even attempt to understand the purpose of BLM...
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »

You can read minds?

Isn't it common sense for a broadcasting company to cancel a show in which the star has expressed openly racist views, in order to disassociate from them? The choice would be between continuing a show that would lose the vast majority of viewership, or cancel a show and alienate a radical fringe. What sounds like the better option?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 01:37:32 PM »

You can read minds?

LOL. The fact that you're offended by this, of all things, is hillarious. It's almost like you don't even attempt to understand the purpose of BLM...

Naso doesn't attempt to understand anything by definition.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »

You can read minds?

It's not that the deplorables don't understand; they're just really, really economically distressed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »

It was still better than the show with that gibberish talking Sofia Vigara chick ever was.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »

It was still better than the show with that gibberish talking Sofia Vigara chick ever was.

Yeah but she was fine.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:29 PM »

Sara Gilbert, who plays Barr's daughter on the ABC sitcom, tweeted:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She also said:
"This is incredibly sad and difficult for all of us, as we've created a show that we believe in, are proud of, and that audiences love — one that is separate and apart from the opinions and words of one cast member."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies