Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 01:25:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)  (Read 36348 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 12:51:21 PM »

Biden Debate answers

1.  Obamacare is the bare minimum of what will be required to fix our health care system. In reality,
 our Health care system is profoundly broken, and something along the lines of what they do in the United Kingdom, with the NHS, would be the ideal way of going, from my point of view, looking at it today.

2. The fact is President Obama had excellent ideas to get the economy going, like multiple stimulus packages, full of shovel-ready projects. The fact is, Republicans in their desire to make him a failed President, thwarted every one of them. They blocked Obamacare. multiple stimulus packages, bank bailouts, tax hikes, tax cuts... All because of an irrational, and frankly racist opinion of his presence in the White House. It's despicable how they treated him.

3. The Democratic Party doesn't need to be changed, it's the opposition that needs to be changed.
 We can't have a functioning Democracy without a sane opposition. Just look at Donald Trump, Michelle Bachmann, or Adam Carrolla. They're not sane candidates, and the fact that any one of them has even a sliver of a chance to win the Republican nomination speaks volumes about the Republican Party.

4. The First Lady is simply using her Husband's, who I admire a lot, famous name to get the nomination. It would be like Secretary Clinton running for President in 2000, something, that just doesn't happen in this country. If I were in her shoes, which I'm not, I'd be looking at running for Governor of Illinois in 2014, or Senator from Illinois in 2016, not jumping all the way to President.

Response to Bredesen The fact is, John F Kennedy wouldn't win the Democratic nomination for President today. And I bet you that Bill Clinton, wouldn't either. The Party has shifted to left, and you are out of step with the times.

Closing Argument It's an honor to be on this stage tonight for my third Presidential bid, and I am excited to see what this race brings us.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »

Bachmann's Reponse to Biden Attack on FOX NEWS

When Mr. Biden attacks me and calls me insane, he is attacking my values and the values of conservative across the country. I am sorry if I hurt Mr. Biden's perfect world with me and a majority of Americans views of a small government where hard-working people can keep more of what they earn.

Also, when Mr. Biden throws pathetic attacks me it does show that he is scared of my campaign because he knows I am going to win in November. He definitely should be scared because I am the only Republican candidate that can win in November and then in January I am going to start to get rid of all Obama's job-killing regulations from the past four years.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »

Joe Biden New Surrogates/Surrogate Schedule

The Biden campaign is pleased to welcome the endorsement of Beau Biden, and Bill Nelson. Beau will be National Campaign chair, while Nelson will be campaigning in Florida.

In addition, Jeanne Shaheen will be campaigning in Massachusetts and Tom Harkin will be campaigning in Iowa.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 09:31:37 PM »

Nikki Haley 2012 Announcement! (Charleston, S.C.)

"Hello everyone! You all might be wondering why I stand here today. Well that's simple. After considering my options and my potential, I have decided to run for President of the United States! Today is when we make history together as a nation! I have joined the primaries because I believe the Republican Party needs a breath of fresh air! Ever since I was elected governor and my history of public service, I believe the American people have a clear choice! Lets pursue things like across the board tax cuts, an improved system of healthcare, and fixing our crippling debt which will only drive us down towards disaster! As the months go by I plan to make my case be heard and stand up against the establishment! With everything having been said I will see you all on the campaign trail!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 09:42:11 PM »

Schedule for Joe Biden

October 1-8, 2011

Campaign in New Hampshire/Debate Prep/Debate (With Jeanne Shaheen)

October 9-16, 2011

Campaign in and around Sioux City, Cedar Rapids and Davenport, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

So, I saw Congresswoman Bachmann's response to my debate answers on the news. I did not say any conservative was insane. Indeed, I have worked over the years with outstanding conservatives like Paul Ryan, John Cornyn, Don Nickles and Jack Kemp on many issues over the years, so I think it's safe to say that it's not the Conservative movement as a whole that is insane, but you, Mr. Trump and Mr. Carolla.

October 17-25, 2011

Vice-Presidential Duties Washington D.C

October 26-30, 2011

Campaign in and around Tallahassee, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

October 31, 2011
Halloween Party at home, Washington D.C (With family and Washington D.C schoolchildren)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »

Governor Haley announces surprise run:

Nikki Haley, the Governor of South Carolina elected only months ago in the midterm elections, surprisingly announced in a press conference today that she was entertaining the race for the Republican nomination. While most members of the press who attended the press conference believed the new governor would be making a policy announcement as Governor, most in the room were stunned with her announcement, especially with the fact that Haley endorsed former Governor Bush for the nomination only two months ago.

While Haley will certainly have an uphill path for the nomination, considering how unknown she is with the Republican base, and how quickly she must set up her ground game and put together her coalition, a New York Times flash poll reveals an interesting result:

New York Times, Flash Poll
Republican Primary

Jeb Bush: 21%
Chris Christie: 19%
Mike Huckabee: 14%
Rudy Guiliani: 12%
Jim DeMint: 10%
Michelle Bachmann: 7%
Nikki Haley: 6%
Donald Trump: 4%
Adam Carolla: 3%
Undecided: 4%

While 6 percent may seem low, it is a strikingly good result for a little-known candidate, and shows much promise for her campaign into the future. Interestingly, Bachmann's 7 percent and Haley's 6 percent combined represent one of the greatest totals for female candidates in the Republican Party primary. No matter Haley's total; however, only her campaign over the next few weeks will determine how close she can get to the coveted position of frontrunner.

x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2018, 10:22:05 PM »

Haley 2012 Campaign Schedule Oct.1st - Oct.31st

October 1st - October 8th (South Carolina)
(October 1st)
- Hold a rally in Charleston

(October 2nd)
- Hold a rally in Columbia

(October 3rd)
- Open Haley campaign headquarters in Charleston

(October 4th)
- Hold a rally in Myrtle Beach

(October 5th)
- Town hall in Myrtle Beach

(October 6th)
- Town hall in Florence

(October 7th)
- Town hall in Charleston

(October 8th)
- Hold a rally in Greenville

October 9th - October 15th (South Carolina)
- Take a break for Gubernatorial duties

October 16th - 21st (Iowa)
(October 16th)
- Hold a rally in Des Moines

(October 17th)
- Hold a rally in Cedar Rapids

(October 18th)
- Hold a rally in Sioux City

(October 19th)
- Hold a rally in Davenport

(October 20th)
- Hold a town hall in Des Moines

(October 21st)
- Hold a town hall in Cedar Rapids

October 22nd - 26th (New Hampshire)
(October 22nd)
- Hold a rally in Manchester

(October 23rd)
- Hold a rally in Nashua

(October 24th)
- Town hall in Nashua

(October 25th)
- Town hall in Manchester

(October 26th)
- Hold a rally in Concord

October 27th - 31st (Nevada)
(October 27th)
- Hold a rally in Las Vegas

(October 28th)
- Open a Campaign Headquarters in Las Vegas

(October 29th)
- Hold a rally in Sparks

(October 30th)
- Town hall in Las Vegas

(October 31st)
- Hold a public Halloween party at Las Vegas Headquarters!
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 10:43:10 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 10:50:35 PM by HCP »

Michelle Obama's Schedule - October 1st - October 15th
You must be logged in to read this quote.

- Meet and greet in Onawa, Monona County
- Meet and greet in Missouri Valley, Harrison County
- Rally in Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County

Oct 15th -
- Meet and greet in Glenwood, Mills County
- Town hall in Hamburg, Fremont County
- Meet and greet in Clarinda, Page County
- Meet and greet in Red Oak, Montgomery County
- Meet and greet in Corning, Adams County
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2018, 07:35:37 AM »

Feingold Campaign Schedule for October

October 1-7

Feingold travelled to Nevada to start holding rallies and events there. He gave a major speech on healthcare reform as while there, urging the creation of a single-payer system immediately, pointing to Democratic platforms in the past that have called for its creation

October 8-14

Feingold travelled to Ohio this week, to accept the endorsement of Senator Sherrod Brown. In his endorsement speech, Brown established that he was backing Feingold due to their shared positions on the protection of labor, and that free trade is selling American workers down the river.

Feingold also outlined his pet legislation that he planned to push as President, the Fair Trade Act, which has the following key provisions:

-Negotiating trade agreements that benefit both countries
-Ensure that workers of both countries are paid well and receive protections
-Put environmental regulations in place to ensure that trade does not unduly harm the environment

October 15-22

This week was spent in South Carolina, as Feingold made visits to many impoverished neighborhoods in the state, as well as visiting farmers who have been feeling the pressure of the economic crisis. He hosted several roundtables with voters to hear their issues in the state. When asked why he did not simply host a Town Hall meeting, Feingold responded: "Being able to talk face-to-face with a candidate in private and getting a prompt answer out of them feels a lot more personal; a Town Hall doesn't really allow for that sort of atmosphere."

Remainder of month

The remainder of the month was spent building the campaign's digital infrastructure. Utilising tactics pioneered by Barack Obama in 2008, Feingold set up a website allowing voters to directly ask questions and share the opinions, and receive a response. he used the site to post a hevy defence of the Occupy Wall Street movement, saying that had been forgotten for too long, and were now making their voices heard.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2018, 07:58:22 AM »

Feingold Debate Responses

1) Would I support a plan like it? Yes, I would, but I would be very lukewarm about it. A plan like that, aside from being a Republican plan, doesn't go nearly far enough to ensuring that all of our citizens have equal access to quality healthcare.

Throughout my time in the Senate, I was a strong supporter of a universal, single-payer system, and I remain a strong supporter of it. A single-payer system is the only way we can ensure access to healthcare. It is past time that every American citizen had a right to healthcare, and it is past time we stop giving preferential treatment to those with private insurance.

Healthcare is a right, not a privelige!

2) The answer, like so many cut from the same progressive cloth as me, remains the same: reinstate Glass-Steagall and break up the major banks. We now have banks in this country that are quite literally too big to fail. Basically, if they go down, the American economy goes down. We saw that in 2008. The kicker? Bank CEOs took the bailout money and used it for two purposes: to pay themselves huge bonuses, and lobby Congress to kill any meaningful reform.

It is past time we had a President who is willing to stand up to the banks. Who won't fold at the sight of them starting to fight you, because guess what? Tough banking regulations led to an explosion in the middle class in the 1940s. We need to resurrect these policies. It is past time that the banks of this country own up to what they did, and start paying the American people back!

3) First of all, I believe that President Obama has done as good a job as can be expected with what he was handed by the Bush administration, but we need to get out of this New Democrat Clintonian mindset that being moderate liberals is going to get us anywhere. It worked in the 90s, but it doesn't now.

I want to help us reclaim that grassroots base; I want to rebuild the New Deal coalition; the one that got us control of the White House and Congress for so long. There was a time when we were the party of labor, the grassroots activists, the students and the working class. We need to embrace that base once again, and turn ourselves into the defender of the American people again. We need to stop taking money from Wall Street and business interests.

The Democratic Party was founded as the party of the less priveliged, so let's resurrect that.

4) I lost my seat because of a wider backlash against the Democratic Party. I could've run a much better campaign, and I did fumble at several points, but it was just part of a wide backlash.

So why am I the most qualified? It's a fair question, and I'll give a fair answer. Take a look at my Senate voting record. I was the only Senator to vote against the PATRIOT Act. I voted against the iraq War. As far as bipartisanship goes, I worked with Senator John McCain to pass a bill that invoked restrictions on campaign finance, yet now I find it overturned by the most shortsighted deicision in the history of the Supreme Court.

I beleive I am the most qualified candidate not because of the offices I have held, but of the policies I support.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2018, 08:31:33 AM »

Carolla talks trade in New Hampshire

While we have the names “Free trade agreements” they are not indeed free trade rather in name only.   They are still restricted and they stop good paying Amercian jobs and they end up right in Mexico or China.

I see and talk to people in New Hampshire on who once had good promising jobs in this era of Manchester but then NAFTA and CAFTA took it all away and shipped those jobs all the way to Mexico.  We need to get back on track and make sure that Amercia once again become the best place in the world to do business in.

As President when it comes to trade I will make sure we trade with the right countries ones who are not under protectionism so that there is not any tax on any good going to Amercia and we will cut our corporate tax rate to 18% to make sure that we are the best in completing in the global market and that the United States is on top of the world when it comes to working!

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:36 AM »

October 13th, 2011:  Michael Bloomberg giving a speech in Waukegan, Lake County Illinois

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of Waukegan!  Today I'm here to talk about something we've got to get done in our Government, balancing the Budget.  Since President Bush left office, and throughout President Obama's term, we've had a deficit of 585 Billion Dollars, that's half of a Trillion we're going into debt each year!  We cannot allow that to continue.  We've got to balance the budget and stop increasing our debt, and I've got experience in dealing with that.  I turned New York's 6 Billion Dollar deficit into a 3 Billion Dollar surplus!  My plan to balance the Federal Budget is much the same as my plan for New York was, we need to make sure our Welfare Programs are only going to the people who need them, but don't slash them for those that do.  We need to hold our Government more accountable, and to make Government Programs more efficient, cutting away wasteful spending and doing more with Taxpayer Dollars.  Finally, I want to raise taxes on the rich and get rid of corporate tax loopholes, so that the Rich pay their fair share, and I will oppose tax increases on the Poor and Middle Class, because that's the last thing they need right now. 

Thank you for your time Waukegan, and God Bless The Great State of Illinois and The United States of America!
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »

Rudy Giuliani 2012 Campaign Schedule: October 1st-31st, 2011.

October 1st:

Visit to Joplin MO to meet with tornado survivors

Speech in Joplin MO on emergency response and assistance

Opening of Missouri campaign headquarters in Independence MO

Meeting with Community Of Christ members and leaders in Independence MO

October 2nd:

Speech on healthcare and the economy in West Des Moines IA

Town Hall in Fort Dodge IA

Campaign stop in Waterloo IA

October 3rd:

Meet door to door with likely voters in Dubuque IA

Campaign stop and lunch in Clinton IA

Visit and speech at John Deere Plant, East Moline IL

October 4th:

Rally and fundraiser lunch in Davenport IA

Speech to Union workers in Cedar Rapids IA

Speech at University of Iowa on energy and conservative policies, Iowa City IA

October 5th:

Speech in Rochester MN on jobs

Rally in Fargo ND

October 6th - 9th:

No campaigning during this time

October 10th:

Town Hall in Henderson NV

Campaign Stop and short speech on Education and School Choice in Spring Valley NV

Rally in Las Vegas NV (15,000 attendance)

October 11th

Visit and speech at Nellis Air Force Base, NV

October 12th:

Town hall in Carson City NV

Opening of first NV campaign headquarters in Carson City NV

Rally in Reno NV

October 13th:

Flight to Arizona

Town Hall in Mesa AZ

Fundraiser dinner in Peoria AZ

October 14th:

Campaign stop in Scottsdale AZ

Rally in Tucson AZ

October 15th:

No campaigning during this day

October 16th:

Meeting with Automobile workers in Hamtramck MI

Town Hall in Eastpointe MI

Town Hall in Pontiac MI

Meeting with Ford Motor Company and speech in Dearborn MI

October 17th:

Town Hall in Flint MI

Meeting with Flint Autoworkers

October 18th - 21st:

No campaigning during this time.

October 22nd:

Campaign stops and interviews with likely voters at the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square, and Central Park, New York NY

Rally with Fmr Gov. George Pataki in New York NY

October 23rd:

Rally in Lawerence MA

Meeting with voters door to door in Nashua NH

Meeting with voters door to door in Manchester NH

Meeting with voters door to door in Concord NH

October 24th:

Town Hall in Berlin NH

Flight to Naples Florida

October 25th:

Town hall in Fort Meyers FL

Rally in Cape Coral FL (17,000 attendance)

October 26th:

Speech on social policy in Sarasota FL

Campaign stop and short speech in St. Petersburg FL

October 27th:

Door to door campaigning in Crystal River FL

Door to door campaigning in Beverly Hills FL

Door to door campaigning in Ocala FL

Rally in Ocala FL

October 28th:

No campaigning during this time

October 29th:

Speech in Tallahassee FL on law enforcement and defense

Town Hall in Tallahassee FL

October 30th-31st:

No campaigning during this time.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2018, 12:17:03 PM »

Carolla campaign schedule

Early October-Carolla campaigns in New Hampshire in trade reform, healthcare and tax reform.

Mid October-Campaign on the Vermont New Hampshire border with Ron Paul on auditing the federal reserve and bringing back the Gold Standard.  He also went on Vermont and New Hampshire TV.

Late October-Carolla appears on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and and start campaigning in Maine on bipartisan, free market values and balancing the budget
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2018, 12:28:35 PM »

Bredesen debate response to Biden

"Vice President, it seems you hold a certain disrespect for both Clinton and Kennedy. May I remind you that Kennedy was one of the most beloved presidents in our Nation's History and paved the way for the moon landing and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Let us also not forget that for 13 days, while Defcon and the army was pushing for war, Kennedy ended the Cuban Missle Crisis peacefully and without war.

Next, Vice President, you discredit Bill Clinton who is still alive today. You forget that, had it not been for Bill, our country would've continued on a downward Economic Spiral. Clinton gave us a surplus and a successful Economy, one that George W. Bush squandered.

To say that I'm out of line for simply stating the facts and truths about two of our best Presidents is telling me that you have no respect for all the good they did for this country. For the main point of them never securing the Nomination today, I think you are very wrong. There are many citizens who remember both Kennedy and Clinton's Presidency with great Admiration. Those people feel left out by the Progressive leanings of today. Is it safe to assume that you think these people are out of line, too?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »

Michelle Obama's Schedule ? October 16th - October 31st

Oct 16th -
- Meet and greet in Bedford, Taylor County
- Meet and greet in Mount Ayr, Ringgold County
- Town hall in Creston, Union County
- Meet and greet in Osceola, Clarke County
- Meet and greet in Lamoni, Decatur County

Oct 17th -
- Meet and greet in Corydon, Wayne County
- Rally in Centreville with Dave Loebsack, Appanoose County
- Meet and greet in Albia, Monroe County
- Town hall in Chariton, Lucas County

Oct 18th -
- Rally in Des Moines, Polk County, with Oprah
- Rally in Ames, Story County
- Meet and greet in Iowa Falls, Hardin County
- Town hall in Marshalltown, Marshall County

Oct 19th -
- Meet and greet in Grundy Center, Grundy County
- Meet and greet in Parkersburg, Butler County
- Meet and greet in Charles City, Floyd County
- Meet and greet in Osage, Mitchell County
- Meet and greet in Northwood, Worth County

Oct 20th -
- Meet and greet in Forest City, Winnebago County
- Meet and greet in Garner, Hancock County
- Rally in Mason City, Cerro Gordo County
- Meet and greet in Hampton, Franklin County
- Meet and greet in Eagle Grove, Wright County

Oct 21st -
- Fly to LAS
- Rest

Oct 22nd -
- Meet and greet in North Las Vegas, Clark County
- Rally in Las Vegas, Clark County
- Midnight meet and greet with union workers in Paradise, Clark County

Oct 23rd -
- Town hall in Pahrump, Nye County
- Meet and greet in Ely, White Pine County
- Rally in Elko, Elko County

Oct 24th -
- Meet and greet in Winnemucca, Humboldt County
- Meet and greet in Sparks, Washoe County
- Rally in Reno, Washoe County
- Meet and greet in Virginia City, Storey County

Oct 25th -
- Rally in Carson City
- Meet and greet in Minden, Douglas County
- Meet and greet in Gardnerville Ranchos, Douglas County
- Rally in Roseville, Placer County

Oct 26th -
- Rally in Davenport, Scott County
[ignore Barack in the photo]
- Meet and greet in Bettendorf, Scott County
- Meet and greet in Mechanicsville, Cedar County
- Meet and greet in Marion, Linn County

Oct 27th -
- Rally in Cedar Rapids, Linn County
- Rally in Iowa City, Johnson County
- Meet and greet in University Heights, Johnson County
- Meet and greet in Belle Plaine, Benton County

Oct 28th -
- Meet and greet in Grantham, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
- Meet and greet in Sunapee, Sullivan County
- Rally in Concord, Merrimack County
- Meet and greet in Franklin, Merrimack County

Oct 29th -
- Meet and greet in Laconia, Belknap County
- Rally in Hanover, Grafton County
- Meet and greet in Bethlehem, Grafton County
- Meet and greet in Carroll, Co?s County
- Rally in Lancaster, Co?s County

Oct 30th -
- Fly back to Washington DC
- Rest

Oct 31st -
- Host Halloween at the White House
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2018, 03:27:45 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2018, 03:35:56 PM by HCP »

Michelle's Ads

#1 - TV ad
Runs in New England, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

#2 - Radio Ad
Airs in the Midwest and the South
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »

Responses & Rebuttals

Rebuttal— Mrs. Bachmann, I don't believe a moderate will win us in 2012, but I don't believe someone appealing to one faction of the Republican Party will win us the election. You're right, Tea Party candidates did help us some pick us up some seats in the house. You miss the fact that this is a presidential election, Mrs. Bachmann. Everyone across the nation will be voting for one candidate, and someone who appeals to just one part of the nation will not be the winner of this election. There are many great people in the Tea Party, but I think even those people can agree that if we nominate someone who runs a campaign for one part of the nation, we can't win.

The Republican Party lost in 2008 because they lost the working class vote in a handful of swing states. People that were disappointed by President Bush. Now, they are disappointed by President Obama and unless we nominate a candidate who will actually stand up for those people, we will lose, Mrs. Bachmann.

Bachmann's Response to Governor Huckabee

Bachmann-"I agree with Governor Huckabee that we did lose the working class in 2008 but the main reason we lost in 2008 was because Senator McCain didn't energize the base. I believe if Senator McCain tapped a conservative to be his running-mate we would have a Republican president already.

As the Republican nominee, I will be able to energize the base and through my pro-business agenda will bring the working class voters back the Republican party. I guarantee you that if I am the Republican nominee in 2012, we will have a Republican president in the white house in January 2013!"
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2018, 05:28:37 PM »

Nikki Haley, the Governor of South Carolina elected only months ago in the midterm elections, surprisingly announced in a press conference today that she was entertaining the race for the Republican nomination. While most members of the press who attended the press conference believed the new governor would be making a policy announcement as Governor, most in the room were stunned with her announcement, especially with the fact that Haley endorsed former Governor Bush for the nomination only two months ago.

While Haley will certainly have an uphill path for the nomination, considering how unknown she is with the Republican base, and how quickly she must set up her ground game and put together her coalition, a New York Times flash poll reveals an interesting result:

Republican Primary

While 6 percent may seem low, it is a strikingly good result for a little-known candidate, and shows much promise for her campaign into the future. Interestingly, Bachmann's 7 percent and Haley's 6 percent combined represent one of the greatest totals for female candidates in the Republican Party primary. No matter Haley's total; however, only her campaign over the next few weeks will determine how close she can get to the coveted position of frontrunner.

Sorry I haven't been active lately, but does this mean the endorsement is rescinded?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »

Republican Primary

Sorry I haven't been active lately, but does this mean the endorsement is rescinded?
Yes. Also, make sure to post OOC in the OOC thread. Wink
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »

Chris Christie drops out

Good morning America!

After long consideration, I've come to the conclusion I should drop out of the race for President. I want to focus on my duties as Governor. But, not to worry, we have a lot of good Conservative candidates running and I am convinced that this election will be a Conservative triumph over the disasterous policies of Obama.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2018, 07:49:34 PM »

Bloomberg Surrogate Campaign Schedule For October 2011
Senator Olympia Snowe (R-ME):  During time off from the Senate she campaigns or phonebanks in Maine for Bloomberg/King, highlighting their accomplishments, especially Angus King's as Governor.

Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT):  During time off from the Senate he campaigns or phonebanks in Connecticut for Bloomberg/King, highlighting their message of Balancing The Federal Budget.

Governor Tom Foley (R-CT):  Governor Foley spends the Month holding small rallies across the state, rallying support for his own Initiatives as Governor as well as supporting Bloomberg/King.

Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY):  Governor Cuomo spends the Month holding Rallies in New York City, Westchester County, and Long Island, highlighting Bloomberg and King's message of Bipartisanship and uniting America in the face of radical politics and Terrorism.

(OOC:  I'm only just doing this now cause I thought I should be doing it Tongue)
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »

The Jeb! Bush Campaign Schedule - Month 2
October 2011

October 1-7 (South Carolina)
- Hold rallies and town hall meetings in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, and other smaller towns
- One rally will be held with Senator John McCain, McCain will endorse the Former Governor and highlight Veterans Affairs and the ineffective actions taken by the Obama administration in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Interviews with local radio stations
- Campaign alongside Latino and African American activists to gain minority voters
- Hold fundraising events
- Focus on the issues of immigration, drug policy, and discrimination issues
- Release an ad attacking DeMint's establishment record

October 7-12 (Nevada)
- Hold rallies in towns near the Nevada-Utah border in order to attract Mormon voters
- Hold town halls and answer voters questions in them
- Barnstorm in rural counties
- Endorsement by Rick Perry, rally on gun rights and religious values
- Focus on the issues of foreign policy, gun rights, religious values, and taxes

October 13-17 (Iowa)
- Hold rallies and give speeches in Iowa City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and smaller cities
- Endorsement by Dan Quayle
- Focus on the issues of taxes, job creation and bringing change to Washington

October 18-20 (Florida)
- Hold rallies and give speeches in Tampa, Orlando, Miami
- Coordinate with statewide and national headquarters

October 21-27 (New Hampshire)
- Hold rallies and give speeches in Manchester, Portsmouth, Concord, and smaller towns
- Barnstorm in rural counties
- Focus on the issues of gun rights, experience, and solutions to the opioid crisis.
- Release Ad on drug policy

October 28-30 (Georgia)
- Establish Georgia Campaign HQ
- Give speeches in Atlanta and Savannah
- Meet voters in smaller Georgia cities

October 31st (Florida)
- Strategize with statewide and national bases

Jeb Bush campaign strategy
- Knock door to door when possible
- Focus attack ads on
- Always meet and talk to voters
- Reach out to Latino and African American voters
- Reach out to evangelicals and other religious voters
- Try to attract former Christie voters
- Reach out tea party and soft voters from Huckabee and Bachmann.
- Promote campaign rallies to get them televised

Endorsers/Surrogates:

John McCain: U.S. Senator from Arizona, Campaigning in South Carolina
Rick Perry: Governor of Texas: Campaigning in Nevada, targeting tea party voters.
Kelly Ayotte: U.S. Senator from New Hampshire: Campaigning in New Hampshire
Dan Quayle: Former Vice President of the United States: Campaigning in Iowa
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2018, 12:17:05 PM by Deputy Speaker wxtransit »

Turn Three
November 1st - November 30th

Headlines:

Occupy movement continues, turns violent in Oakland
Now months into the growing worldwide movement against income and democratic inequality, the protests turned violent as riots formed in Oakland

In general election, voters reject some conservative measures, pass others
The November 8th general election saw some conservative measures fail by slim margins, but the hallmark anti-abortion measure passed by a 4 point margin in Mississippi

Supercommittee fails to agree on deficit reduction plan
Congressional committee in charge of finding $1.2 trillion in deficit reductions failed to agree on what programs to cut after more than 10 weeks of meeting

2012 campaign continues with changing fields of candidates
Obama becomes the frontrunner after a bad month for Biden, on the Republican side, two candidates suspend their campaigns

RCP Job Approval Average (President Obama):

Disapprove: 54%
Approve: 42%
Unsure: 4%

RCP National Average:

Generic Republican: 44%
Generic Democrat: 40%
Michael Bloomberg (I): 6%
Undecided: 10%

RCP Republican Average:

Jeb Bush: 20%
Mike Huckabee: 18%
Rudy Guiliani: 14%
Jim DeMint: 13%
Michelle Bachmann: 11%
Nikki Haley: 8%
Adam Carolla: 2%
Undecided: 14%

With the campaign now wearing on further, the first two candidates to suspend their campaigns have come in the form of Chris Christie and Donald Trump. While Trump's withdrawal was expected, after a particularly bad debate performance during which he made questionable comments about fellow candidates, Christie's was not, leaving many of his supporters to return to the undecided column. After winning the debate, Mike Huckabee saw his stock increase greatly, especially reflected in his rise from 15 percent to 18 percent, putting Jeb Bush's frontrunner spot in play.

After many of the candidates have begun to find their niche in the large Republican field, formerly lower-tier candidates such as Jim DeMint and Michelle Bachmann have risen to respectable places at 13 and 11 percent, respectively. Newcomer to the race Nikki Haley also saw her fortunes increase over the month, with her polling average raised to 8 percent by the end of October. Haley's entry has had the biggest effect in South Carolina; however, making a three-way race between Bush, Huckabee, and DeMint into a four-way race. This next month may be the deciding factor for who is able to be in position to clinch the nomination, with now just over two months to go to the first primaries.

RCP Democratic Average:

Michelle Obama: 40%
Joe Biden: 37%
Russ Feingold: 13%
Phil Bredesen: 5%
Undecided: 5%

With former frontrunner Joe Biden enduring a particularly bad month, from his now-infamous "last name" remarks at the debate (which were criticized by the media as being "sexist"), to his criticism of Bredesen in the days after which, while boosting his support in some northern, more liberal states, it hurt his campaign in southern states, which perceived his message as an attack on more centrist and conservative values. This, along with Michelle Obama's relentless campaigning, allowed Obama to clinch the frontrunner spot in the November RCP average.

While it should be of note that Biden's campaign has been marginally damaged, according to internal Democratic party polling, the infrastructure for a frontrunner campaign is still existent among most of Biden's states, which, if utilized, could allow Biden to reclaim the top spot in polling. Along with Obama, Feingold also benefited from Biden's drop in polling, raising his national average by two percent. Bredesen was additionally able to expand his campaign in the more conservative southern states; however, this was not able to register in the national average.

Endorsements:

Biden: Jeanne Shaheen, Tom Harkin; Beau Biden, Bill Nelson
Bredesen: Blanche Lincoln, Karl Dean; Amy Klobuchar, Kirsten Gillibrand
Feingold: Sherrod Brown, Barbara Boxer; Deval Patrick, Wesley Clark
Obama: Tom Vilsack, Dave Loebsack; Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Clinton

Bachmann: Carly Fiorina, Kristi Noem; Phil Bryant, Steve King
Bush: Dan Quayle, Kelly Ayotte; John McCain, Rick Perry
Carolla: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ron Paul; N/A
Christie: Nancy Reagan, Mitt Romney; N/A
DeMint: Tim Scott, Bobby Jindal; Buddy Roemer, Lindsey Graham
Giuliani: George Pataki, David Vitter; Mark Kirk, Scott Walker
Haley: N/A; Sarah Palin, Scott Brown
Huckabee: Marco Rubio, Chuck Norris; Haley Barbour, Herman Cain
Trump: Orrin Hatch, Kid Rock; Bob McDonnell, N/A

Bloomberg: Joe Lieberman, Olympia Snowe; Andrew Cuomo, Tom Foley

Endorsements for candidates who have dropped out (denoted by a strike-through) are up for grabs. Semicolons denote turns.

Moderator's notes: This turn will last until Tuesday night, at 11:59:59 PM CDT. Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension, preferably after you read this sentence. There will not be a debate during this turn.

You are allowed two endorsements per turn, so make sure to PM me your endorsements so that I can approve of them, and endorsements are first-come, first-serve.

This turn will last the month of November. Make sure to schedule your campaign accordingly.

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: if you poll more than 15% nationally, you may run two advertisements. If you poll between 10% and 15%, you may run one advertisement, and if you poll below 10%, build up your campaign so that next round you can have a shot at running advertisements!

(For the general election: ad thresholds are 5% for one ad, and 7.5% for two.)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

State polling (Republicans):

Iowa:

Jeb Bush: 20%
Mike Huckabee: 20%
Jim DeMint: 18%
Michelle Bachmann: 16%