The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:22:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104296 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: August 07, 2018, 07:05:17 PM »

State of the 2019 Gubernatorial Races

Wolf Blitzer: We are around a month away from the Off-Year Election so John what is the state of each of the Gubernatorial Races so far

John King: Well lets start with Louisiana

Louisinia:Governor John Bel Edwards(D) vs Congressman Ralph Abraham(R) vs State Attorney General Jeff Landry(R) - Likely Democratic Hold

John King: Despite the fact that Louisiana has been Solid Republic Territory since 2000, Governor Edwards is popular and will likely defeat either Mr.Abraham or Mr.Landry in the runoff. Only reason we havent marked this safe is because the Republican floor in Louisiana is very high but other than that I would say the Democrats have nothing to worry about here.

Now moving on to Kentucky

Kentucky: State Senate Majority Leader Damon Thayer(R) vs State Attorney General Andy Beshear(D): Lean Republican Hold

John King: This race just 6 months ago was considered to be lean Democratic because of Matt Bevin unpopularity. Things changed  when Kentucky Senate Majority Leader Damon Thayer announced that he would try to primary Bevin and he received the endorsement from Kentucky Senator and US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell due to McConnell's dislike of Bevin. That endorsement along with others gave Mr.Thayer the momentum to win the primary and now this race is leaning Republican once again.

Wolf Blitzer: Yah Bevin Defeat basically meant the old tea party finally collapsed.

John King : Yes it did

Wold Blitzer: How is the race in Mississippi going

Mississippi: Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves(R) vs State Attorney General Jim Hood(D)- Tossup

John King: While Governor Bryant is popular and Mississippi is solidly Republican, Mr.Hood is the long time Attorney General of the state and is also popular , so this race will very likely not be decided until very late on election night.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #676 on: August 08, 2018, 01:38:53 PM »

Romney's Approval and other polls:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 55%(+3%)
Disapprove: 43%(-3%)
No Opinion: 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 50%(+1%)
Democrats: 47%(-1%)

Republican Primary Polls:

Rob Portman: 35%
Jeb Bush: 18%
Nikki Haley: 16%
Donald Trump: 15%
Rand Paul: 9%
Charlie Baker: 4%
Paul Ryan: 3%

Democratic Primary Polls:

Joe Biden: 18%
Gretchen Whitmer: 17%
Bill De Blaiso : 15%
Kristen Gilibrand: 13%
Mike Beebe: 11%
Cory Booker: 9%
Kamala Harris: 9%
Tom Vilsack: 3.2%
Tulsi Gabbard: 2.8%
Larry Lessig: 1.4%
John Hickenlooper: 0.6%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #677 on: August 08, 2018, 01:50:22 PM »

This timeline is turning into such a wank.

What do you mean by that?

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #678 on: August 08, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »

It's starting to feel unrealistic (for example, Jeb or Scott Walker didn't even get a serious challenger in 2018).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #679 on: August 08, 2018, 02:34:10 PM »

It's starting to feel unrealistic (for example, Jeb or Scott Walker didn't even get a serious challenger in 2018).

Democrats won 7 Senate Seats in 2018 which I would say is a pretty good night.

Reason Walker didnt get a challenger is that WI Democrats put their resources into flipping the Senate Seat which turned to have worked out. If they tried to contest WI Gubernatorial they probably still would have lost the Gubernatorial Race(Which I think even in OTL the race is Lean GOP) and maybe have lost the Senate Seat as well. So Democrats chose wisely and it worked out.

Jeb is pretty popular in FL and the state Dem party in FL is incompetent
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #680 on: August 08, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »

Well I Like it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #681 on: August 10, 2018, 02:16:46 AM »

CNN- Election Night in America 2019:

7:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9xY_CoC_M

Wolf Blitzer: Welcome to CNN's coverage of the 2019 off year election. The Polls have just closed in Kentucky and CNN can project its too early to call. Lets go to John King for an update

John King: Lets begin by going over the keys for Mr.Beshear, and one is simple he must do very well in Eastern Half of the state,  then I would say he must win Jefferson county with at least 57% of the vote along with winning counties such as Clark , Madison and Scott. If Governor Bevin was on the ballot today instead of Mr.Thayer I would say it would be likely Mr.Brshear could do that and maybe even more .

8:00

Wolf Blitzer: The polls have just closed in Mississippi and we can the race is too close to call. Lets go over to John King to find out what we are looking for tonight

John King: Well for a Democrat to win in Mississippi he will need at least 2/3 of the vote in Western Mississippi. Once you have done that Mr.Hood most also win Montgomery County, Benton County, and maybe even Monroe. Currently, exit polls show that it will be very close all night long

Wolf Blitzer: What about in Kentucky

John King: We have gotten some good news for the Republican and that is in Jefferson County Mr.Beshaer will only win the county with 54% maybe 55% of the vote and so far Clark,madison and Scott look like they will go for the Republican.

9:00:

Wolf Blitzer: Its 9:00 in the east and CNN can now project that Governor John Bel Edwards will be reelected as Governor of Louisiana . Now lets go back to John King for an update on the two other races

John King: Well Kentucky looks like has moved back into the GOP favor as it looks like Mr.Thayer will win  Clark , Madison and Scott as well and Mr.Beshear while winning Eastern Kentucky and Jefferson did not win them by the margins he needed to win the race. Unless something changes I think this will be a 5-7 point win for the Republican tonight and it only happened due to the GOP going all out to get rid of an unpopular Governor Bevin.

In Mississippi its looking like both candidates are getting the numbers we need so this race likely will be a tossup

9:34:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that Kentucky Senate Majority Leader Damon Thayer will be the next Governor of Kentucky.

Anderson Cooper: It is disappointing for the Democrats but 6 months ago  nobody thought they had a chance at Mississippi either and that looks like it will come down to the wire

John King : Yes it very likely will come down to the winner of Monroe county which seems to be going down to the wire.

12:15

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that in Mississippi , their state attorney general Jim Hood will defeat the Republican candidate to be the next governor of that state.

John King: Monroe did put Mr.Hood over the top
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #682 on: August 10, 2018, 04:58:02 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2018, 05:19:41 PM by Old School Republican »

Breaking News: New Venezuelan Government announces new proposed Constitution, and data of ratification vote and new elections. US and Venezuela agree to plan to help Venezuela to solve inflationary crises  

Key Elements :

- Establishes a Bill of Rights similar to that of the US(except 2nd Amendment is more limited but also has amendments 13-15, 19, 24, and 26 in their Bill of Rights )

- Reestablishes term limits

- Reduces the power of the Presidency and increases the power of the legislative branch

- Reverses much of the Nationalization of the Chavez years(except in Healthcare)

- Bans Government From Nationalizing Industries which havent been Nationalized at Adoption of Constitution

New Elections:

Constitutional Referendum: January 10th 2020

National Elections: February 15th, 2020

Agreement by US and New Venezuluan Government : Old Currency will no longer printed and will be replaced by usage of the US dollar to help nation transition to new currency in 10 years.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #683 on: August 10, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »

Mitch McConnell announces that he will retire at the end of his term

Wolf Blitzer: We have some breaking news to report to you and that is that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has announced that he will not run for reelection as he will be retiring. That just raises the stakes for the 2020 elections as for the first time in I dont know how long we can for certain say that whatever the results of the election are it will mean we will have a New President , New Speaker of the House and New Senate Majority Leader when the next term begins.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #684 on: August 10, 2018, 10:50:08 PM »

Huh surprised-McConnell seems to be running already irl.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #685 on: August 10, 2018, 11:15:39 PM »

I guess it’s because ITTL McConnell has been SML of the presidential party for a whole 8 years, while in OTL the same has not even been true for 2 years.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #686 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:35 PM »

I guess it’s because ITTL McConnell has been SML of the presidential party for a whole 8 years, while in OTL the same has not even been true for 2 years.

Basically this
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #687 on: August 11, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »

Romney Approval Ratings and Primary polls

Romney's Approval and other polls:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 54%(-1%)
Disapprove: 44%(+1%)
No Opinion: 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 50%
Democrats: 47%

Republican Primary Polls:

Rob Portman: 34%
Nikki Haley: 18%
Donald Trump: 16%
Jeb Bush: 14%
Rand Paul: 11%
Charlie Baker: 4%
Paul Ryan: 3%

Democratic Primary Polls(After Hickenlooper drops out):

Joe Biden: 18%
Gretchen Whitmer: 18%
Bill De Blaiso : 15%
Kristen Gilibrand: 13%
Mike Beebe: 10%
Cory Booker: 10%
Kamala Harris: 9%
Tulsi Gabbard: 3.3%
Tom Vilsack: 2.7%
Larry Lessig: 1%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #688 on: August 12, 2018, 02:40:15 AM »

Breaking News: Voters in Venezuela Overwhelmingly apporve new constitution

Don Lemon: We have breaking news to bring to you and that is the people of Venezuela have voted in overwhelming margins to approve of the new constitution. This vote officially marks the end of the Chavez Era in Venezuela and hopefully will bring better times.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #689 on: August 12, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »

Breaking News: Tape of Donald Trump making Lewd Comments about Women Released

Anderson Cooper: We have breaking news to share with you and that is Presidential Candidate and Business Tycoon Donald Trump has been caught making Lewd comments about Women in the past has been released. These comments by Mr.Trump are disgusting beyond belief, and I can't still believe that he is a Presidential Candidate.

Ana Navarro: Not only does he say Lewd things about women in this tape , he also brags about sexual assault by saying he doesn't even wait. He should be ashamed of himself and should apologize and drop out of the race right now.

Dana Bash: Its just absolutely disgusting and I have no other words to say

Anderson Cooper: Every presidential candidate in the race along with leaders of both congressional parties has tweeted about the release of this tape and all have called for Mr.Trump to drop out of the race .

Ana Navarro: Good I am happy this is something that members of both parties have tweeted out on

Anderson Cooper: We have word the President has released a statement as well

Romney: The comments Donald Trump made on that tape were disgusting and completely offensive and he should be ashamed of those comments. Not only did he make Lewd comments about women but he bragged about sexual assault as well which is disgusting beyond belief and due to that I call on Trump to drop out of the race . If he has any remorse for his actions that is what he will do , because no person who has made remarks such as those should not get to even be a public official let alone represent this great nation of ours as President.

Anderson Cooper: Strong words by the President

Dana Bash: They were needed though

Ana Navarro :  I agree
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #690 on: August 12, 2018, 07:55:53 PM »

Trump tweets out about the President after Romney's comments

Tweet 1: My endorsement of Jealous Romney in 2012 is the only reason he won that year. Very ungrateful

Tweet 2: Jealous Romney should focus more on being President because he has done a terrible job this past year. I will never lose focus

Tweet 3: Jealous Romney is just afraid that I will beat @RobPortman and become the next President
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #691 on: August 13, 2018, 02:48:34 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 03:45:57 AM by Old School Republican »

Mitt Romney's Final State of the Union Address:

Romney: Mr. Speaker, Mr.Vice President, Members of Congress, Honored Guests, My fellow Americans:

Today will mark the 8th and Final Time I will come to this chamber and report to you about the State of The Union and I am proud to say the State of The Union is Strong(Applause). Over the past 7 years our economy has added nearly 19 Million New Jobs and is expected to add to that total this year(Applause). Over the past 7 years, we have also made extortionary changes from reforming our health care system so it can be more affordable, getting our budget under control, passing new free trade deals with nations all around the world, energy reform, infrastructure and much more(Applause). All of these achievements we have made have made our nation better than it ever has been before but I am sure we can still do better(Applause).

While we are closer to achieving the goal of Energy Independence than we have ever been before if we want to achieve that goal we still need to make some more reforms. The first reform we must do is improve trade relations with Canada as the only way both of our nations can achieve the goal of  Energy Independence is together(Applause). We also must continue to work on research and other projects which help lower the price of alternative energy and make it more cheaper for the Average American(Applause). This is a very important issue for our nation's future and we must continue to work hard to solve that issue(Applause).

Another issue we must deal with is Tort Reform. Currently, our present Tort System is broken as it is  is too expensive, meritless lawsuits clog up our court systems, trial attorneys get to much of the percentage of the damages awarded to the plaintiffs, and raise the costs of healthcare. The fact is it currently is broken and we must fix it(Half the room Applauds). Some reforms we can make include limits to punitive damages, limits on noneconomic damages, venue reform can help us move towards the right direction on the issues(Half the room Applauds). Another reason why I feel we need to do this now, is this is an issue which has been debated on for over two decades now but has been disregarded due to other problems our nation faced. Today I think with no crises facing us it is the right time to reform our Tort System because we can spend more time crafting such a bill and have the time to make a good bill as well(Half the room Applauds). While our domestic policy is important so is our foreign policy

As you may know just two weeks ago the Venezuelan public officially ended the Chavez Era in their nation and restored Democracy to their nation(Applause). It was due to their bravery and courage they were able to overthrow the previous government which had turned their nation into a dictatorship (Applause) and restores their  Democracy. So for the people of Venezuela, I would like to give them a standing ovation because what they did was nothing short of remarkable(Applause). As the President of the United States, I promise to the people of Venezuela that our nation will help you get out of your inflationary crises and open up trade with you(Applause). I also want to thank our Airforce along with the British, Canadian and French airforce for helping the Venezuelan people in their efforts to win back their freedoms(Applause) and tell you that you deserve to be proud over your successes.

Thank You, May God Bless you and May God Bless America
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #692 on: August 13, 2018, 03:52:55 AM »

Gallup's Presidential ratings will be interesting. Where will they list Obama and Romney in 2021 when Romney completes his presidency?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #693 on: August 13, 2018, 04:08:14 AM »

Gallup's Presidential ratings will be interesting. Where will they list Obama and Romney in 2021 when Romney completes his presidency?

Do you mean Gallup's Final Approval Rating Poll or C-SPAN's Presidential Rankings
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #694 on: August 13, 2018, 04:14:56 AM »

Lol at the Trump tweets.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #695 on: August 13, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

Congressman Joe Kennedy III gives the Democratic response to the President's State of the Union Address:

Kennedy: Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman. It is my honor to join you tonight in Fall River, Massachuttes a great American city built by the workers of our great nation. For many years, it was the top city in the country for Textile Manufacturing, but like many cities throughout our great nation has fallen on tough times after their main manufacturing industry went away. It is our job as the main leaders of our nation to help the people of these cities through these tough times because if they succeed our nation will be a better place.

The President, unfortunately, left that out from his state of the Union address as it would go against the narrative he is trying to sell to the American people. The President talked about Tort Reform and how we so desperately needed but one major problem with Tort Reform is it would protect the largest corporations in our country from having to pay the compensation consumers, patients and clients deserve and that hurts cities such as Fall River a lot. Another thing the President talked about tonight was energy reform and his talk about the need to reform our energy policies and I agree, but the President gave no specific details on how we should do it. My belief is we must make all our new infrastructure green and work with the world to cap carbon emissions so we can reverse the effects of Climate Change.

Finally, I want to take this time to talk about something the President didn't talk about and that is how we can make former Manufacturing towns such as Fall River prosperous again.My belief is the Government should fund job training programs to help the people of the city have the skills they need for our new economy, give tax incentives for innovative business to invest in these cities and make college more affordable so every child here can have a better life and the American Dream. Thank You , May God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #696 on: August 13, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 04:04:44 PM by Old School Republican »

Breaking News: Vice President Rob Portman wins Iowa Caucus, and Senator Rand Paul wins an upset win in New Hampshire due to a divided field and also due to most of former Trump supporters switching over to his side. On the Democratic Side Governor Gretchen Whitmer wins in Iowa and Former Vice President Joe Biden win in  New Hampshire. Governor Charlie Baker, Congressman Paul Ryan, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Former Secretary Tom Vilsack and Professor Larry Lessig Drop out of Race as a Result of the first two primaries.

Iowa Caucus Results:

Republicans:

Vice President Rob Portman 41% 12 delegates
Senator Jeb Bush 18% 5 delegates
Senator Rand Paul 15% 4 delegates
Former Ambassdor Nikki Haley 12% 4 delegates
Congressman Paul Ryan 10% 3 delegates
Buisnessman Donald Trump 2% 1 delegate
Governor Charlie Baker 2% 1 delegate

Democrats:

Governor Gretchen Whitmer 27% 12 delegates
Former Vice President Joe Biden 23% 10 delegates
Former Governor Mike Beebe 15% 7 delegates
Former Secretary Tom Vilsack 13%  6 delegates
Mayor Bill De Blaiso 7% 3 delegates
Senator Kirsten Gilibrand 5% 2 delegates
Senator Cory Booker 5% 2 delegates
Senator Kamala Harris 4% 2 delegates
Congresswomen Tulsi Gabbard .7% 0 delegates
Professor Larry Lessig .3% 0 delegates

New Hampshire Primary Results:

Republicans:

Senator Rand Paul 29% 10 delegates
Governor Charlie Baker 21% 6 delegates
Vice President Rob Portman 17% 5 delegates
Former Ambassdor Nikki Haley 10% 2 delegates
Senator Jeb Bush 8% 0 Delegates
Congressman Paul Ryan 8% 0 Delegates
Buisnessman Donald Trump 5% 0 Delegates

Democrats:

Former Vice President Joe Biden 25% 6 delegates
Mayor Bill De Blaiso 19% 5 delegates
Senator Kirsten Gilibrand 17% 4 delegates
Governor Gretchen Whitmer 16% 4 delegates
Senator Cory Booker 9% 2 delegates
Senator Kamala Harris 9% 2 delegates
Congresswomen Tulsi Gabbard 4% 1 delegate
Former Governor Mike Beebe 1% 0 delegates

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #697 on: August 14, 2018, 03:14:38 AM »

Officially supporting Whitmer in this TL.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #698 on: August 14, 2018, 09:54:01 AM »

Officially supporting Whitmer in this TL.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #699 on: August 14, 2018, 05:33:13 PM »

Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley and Senator Cory Booker win South Carolina, and Senator Rand Paul and Vice President Joe Biden win Nevada Caucuses. Senator Jeb Bush, Congressman Paul Ryan, Senator Kamala Harris, Governor Mike Beebe, Congresswomen Tulsi Gabbard all drop out of the race as result of these primaries

South Carolina Primary Results:

Republicans:

Nikki Haley 41% 50 delegates
Rob Portman 20%
Jeb Bush 17%
Paul Ryan 12%
Rand Paul 7%
Donald Trump 3%

Democrats:

Cory Booker 27% 14 Delegates
Joe Biden  24% 13 Delegates
Gretchen Whitmer 19% 10 Delegates