The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:14:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104919 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: June 22, 2018, 04:18:13 AM »

Romney's Approvals go underwater for the first time in his Presidency, and Democrats take first lead in Generic Ballot in the Romney Era.

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 48%(-2%)
Disapprove: 50%(+2%)
Neither : 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Democrats: 48%
Republicans: 47%

John King: This is the first poll in the Romney Presidency in which the President has had a higher disapproval rating than approval rating and the first poll since Early 2012 in which the Democrats have led the House Generic Ballot.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #551 on: June 22, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »

West Virginia Senator Jay Rockefeller Gives the Democratic Response to the State of the Union:

Rockefeller: Good Evening, today I would like to speak to you about the issues the President brought up in the state of the union and my thoughts on them. The first issue the President brought up is the issue of the free world uniting together in stopping threats and I agree because when the free world was united against evil we defeated the Nazis, the Communists and ISIS while when we were divided it made threats more dangerous. What I hope though is the President puts that principle into action instead of speaking about it because of that's the only way we can stay united.

On Domestic Issues the President brought up union reform and all I can say is passing that bill not onyl would be a mistake but would have disastrous consequences if passed so all I can say is I will do my best to stop this bill from passing. Unions is what made this country great and they brought us the minimum wage , the 8 hour workday, workplace safety and made sure that our kids in West Virginia and across the nation can go to school and then play with their friends instead of having to work in a Coal Mine or meatpacking factories many times in unsafe conditions so for that reasons we should be thankful for unions. Another thing the President mentioned is that unions hinder infrastructure projects and all I can say is that is also not true because one of the biggest infrastructure project in our nations history the Interstate Freeway was built at a time when unions were at the strongest not the weakest and the decline in the quality of our infrastructure started when unions got weaker as well. So for that reason we must make sure this bill does not pass as Unions are great and we must not let the Elites crush them.

Thank You , May God Bless You and May God Bless America.

Elites? Hahaha the guy is a Rockfeller!!!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2018, 03:00:38 AM »

Romney announces he would be willing to sign a bill that enhances Background Checks

Media Member: What types of gun control measures would you be willing to sign

Romney: I would be willing to sign a bill that enhances background checks so we can guarantee that guns dont get in the hands of violent criminals or the hands of the mentally ill , and another measure I would be willing to sign is a bill that raises the minimum age to buy all guns to 21.

Media Member: Anything Else

Romney: No other gun control measures other than this can only be dealt with at the state and local level
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #553 on: June 24, 2018, 03:10:47 AM »

Breaking News: Senator Thad Cochran to resign from Senate at the end of March. Special Election to be held on the same day as the midterm elections to decide on who replaces him. Until then Mississippi's Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Cundy Hyde-Smith will fill the seat.

erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #554 on: June 24, 2018, 03:16:04 AM »

Bedia Bember
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2018, 03:21:23 AM »

Gun Control Bill Fails in the House as all but 10 Republicans vote against it

Anderson Cooper: We are coming in with Breaking News and that is the Gun Control Bill the House has failed to pass and its very likely now that their wont be a bill addressing this issue now for the rest of the session.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2018, 03:31:11 AM »

Recent Polls show that Democrats have a chance of taking over the House as they widen their lead on the House Generic Ballot Poll, while Romney's Approval falls even more.

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 45%(-3%)
Disapprove: 53%(+3%)
Neither: 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Democrats: 50%(+2%)
Republicans: 45%(-2%)

John King: If these numbers hold in November I would say there is at least a 50/50 chance the Democrats take over the House as this margin would net the anywhere from around a net gain of 46 seats in the House to a possible net gain of 60 Seats in the House and if you the number which is in the middle of those numbers it would give them a net gain of 53 seats in the House which then woud mean the House Composition would be Democrats 218 to the Republicans 217.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2018, 05:14:56 PM »

Lisa Murkowski announces she will not vote for cloture on the right to work bill. Bill to be pulled from the floor from the Senate as the chances of the Bill passing in current form drops from to slim to none

Wolf Blitzer: In Response to Lisa Murkowski announcing that she would not vote for cloture on the right to work bill, the Senate Republican Leadership announced they would pull the bill from the floor of the Senate as with now 2 Republicans saying they will not vote for cloture , there is now no chance of the bill passing in the current form.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #558 on: June 24, 2018, 06:00:52 PM »

Mitt Romney meets privately with Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Boehner: Your approvals have hit a record low of 43% and Democrats have a 6 points lead in the Generic Ballot , and with the right to work bill failing its likley to fall even more

Romney: Well while the right to work bill failed that was not the only reform in that bill. I would suggest just trying to pass the public union reform parts in that bill and if you do that I am sure we can quickly pass it.

McConnell: I will first privately speak to Senator Collins and Murkowski on it before putting that bill back on the floor so we can avoid another embarrassment.

Boehner: What do you think the Midterm Strategy should be because the Democrats numbers are going up and up

Romney: The Strategy should be getting more and more legislation which fixes problems passed. We have had total power at all levels for 6 years now so if the election come down to campaigning only we lose because we have no excuses for failure.

McConnell: What do you think the next legislative goal should be

Romney: Infrastructure as it is the problem the American people most want fixed so we should address that first after we pass the public union reform bill. The results of the research I ordered on the state of infrastructure throughout the nation should come soon so using that I should be able to release the White House plan soon and then we can get it passed.

McConnell: Democrats though will be highly motivated not to let GOP leaning legislation pass between now and the election.

Romney: The Republicans have a filibuster-proof majority Mitch, so as long as we get the GOP on board on this which I believe we can we can pass it then .

Boehner: But what about the Freedom Caucus and the Libertarian Senators who may oppose this

Romney: Even if the Freedom Caucus fully opposes it isnt enough for the Bill to fail and in the Senate, I believe on the issue of infrastructure many Democrats would be willing to support the plan so we shouldn't worry about the Libertarian wing there either.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #559 on: June 25, 2018, 02:03:14 AM »

House passes New Public Union Reform Bill:

Summary of New Bill:

- Ends Project-Labor Agreements on federally funded construction projects

- Reduces employees who are part of the Federal Civil Service and who make more than $60,000 a year (amount will automatically increase with inflation) ability to collectively bargain on wages.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #560 on: June 25, 2018, 02:21:03 AM »

Senate passes House Bill as Collins and Murkowski vote for cloture and the President Signs it.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #561 on: June 25, 2018, 02:26:17 AM »

Romney's Approvals and other Polls:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 44%(+2%)
Disapprove: 54%(-2%)
Neither: 2%(

House Generic Ballot:

Democrats: 51%
Republicans: 45%

Approval of the Public Union Reform Bill:

Approve: 44%
Disapprove: 47%
No Opinion: 9%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #562 on: June 25, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »

2018 Canadian Election: Conservatives Sweep Back into Power by winning a Narrow Majority. As a Result of the Election, Andrew Scheer will be the next Prime Minister of Canada

Conservative Party(Andrew Scheer): 174 Seats
Liberal Party(Justin Trudeau) : 121 Seats
New Democratic Party(Jagmeet Singh): 33 Seats
Others: 10 Seats

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #563 on: June 25, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »

2018 election? Also what are the popular vote totals and seat changes?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2018, 02:15:46 AM »

2018 election? Also what are the popular vote totals and seat changes?

Trudeau only won a minority Government in 2015 and the reason there was an election in 2018 was the government fell after the botched India trip.

These were the results from 2015:

2015 Canadian Election: Liberals win a minority government, which means Justin Trudeau will be the next Prime minister of Canada.

Liberals(Justin Trudeau) : 149 Seats
Conservatives (Stephen Harper): 133 Seats
New Democratic (Thomas Muclair): 45 Seats
Bloc Party : 10 Seats
Green Party : 1 Seat

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2018, 02:54:19 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2018, 03:00:04 AM by Old School Republican »

Romney Announces Ambitious Infrastructure Package:

Details of Plan:

- $80 Billion will be spent to expand broadband access to all US areas that lack it

- $300 Billion will be spent to rebuild roads, bridges, railway systems, ports and improve airports and public transportation in the 10 states that got the worst grade on Infrastructure.

- $70 Billion will be spent on Infrastructure Block Grants to the states

- $50 Billion will be spent on Developing new Green Technology

- Project to take place over the course of 10 years

- To fund the project: Use the funds allocated to programs(both on defense and nondefense) which the Audit revealed as wasteful to fund the project instead of funding those projects.

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #566 on: June 27, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »

Come on! We need a successful Romney presidency.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #567 on: June 27, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »

House of Representatives passes Infrastructure Bill with the support of a majority of Republicans and Democrats. Only the Far Left and Far Right of Both Caucuses vote against the plan

House Vote:

Yay: 184 Republicans, 99 Democrats , 283 Overall

Nay: 86 Republicans, 66 Democrats, 152 Overall

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2018, 06:10:54 PM »

Infrastructure Bill Passes Senate as a majority of Republicans and Democrats vote for it. Romney signs the bill in a signing cermony

Romney: Thank You, Thank You. Really all the thanks goes to the great group of Congressman and Senators from behind me who worked very hard to make sure this bill passes so we can finally begin the process of not only rebuilding our existing infrastructure but build new types of infrastructure in areas that didnt have them before so those areas can finally have the ability to attract commerce in the 21st century . One such type was making sure every town and city in our country is able to get broadband access because in today's economy you need the internet at good speeds to attract commerce and such commerce will improve the lives of everyone living in this great nation of ours. Also another great thing about this plan is it does not add a single penny to our deficit because instead of borrowing more money or raising taxes to pay for this plan but instead cuts spending in wasteful areas and instead uses that money on things that actually would benefit our nation. Once again thank you all for coming together to pass this and today we showed the world what we can do if we work together in a bipartisan matter. Now there is one last thing that is left before this bill becomes law and that is my signature so I will go over to that table and sign the bill.

Romney Signs Bill
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #569 on: June 28, 2018, 03:02:45 AM »

Romney's Approvals back in positive and House Generic Ballot once again even:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 50%(+4%)
Disapprove: 48%(-4%)

House Generic Ballot:

Democrats: 48%
Republicans: 48%

Opinion of Infrastructure Bill:

Approve: 66%
Disapprove: 33%
No Opinion: 1%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #570 on: June 28, 2018, 03:42:41 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2023, 02:53:52 AM by OSR stands with Israel »

2018 Midterms Potential Senate Pickups:

Wold Blitzer: Lets go over to John King and the magic wall and look at the vulnerable seats up this year

John King: There are going to be a lot of potentially vulnerable seats up this year so lets take a look at them

Massachusettes: Senator Scott Brown(R) vs Congressman Ed Markey(D)- Likely Dem Pickup

Missouri : Senator Jim Talent(R) vs Former Senator Claire MaCaskill(D)- Tossup

Montana: Senator Danny Rehberg(R) vs Governor Steve Bullock(D)- Lean Dem Pickup

Nevada: Senator Dean Heller(R) vs Congresswomen Catherine Cortez Masto(D)- Tossup

New Jersey- Senator Bob Menendez(D) vs State Senator Thomas Kean Jr(R)- Tossup

New Mexico: Senator Heather Wilson(R) vs State Senator Mary Pepen(D)- Lean Dem Pickup

Ohio: Senator Josh Mandel(R) vs Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley(D) - Lean Republican Hold

Pennsylvania: Senator Steve Welch(R) vs Former Governor Ed Rendell(D)- Lean Democratic Pickup

Virginia: Senator Bob McDonnell(R) vs Congressman Gerry Connolly(D)- Tossup

West Virginia: Senator Natalie Tennant(D) vs State Attorney General Patrick Morrisey- Lean Democratic Hold

Wisconsin: Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch(R) vs Congressman Ron Kind(D) - Lean Democratic Pickup

John King : Out of these races we believe the Republicans have 9 potential vulnerable seats while the Democrats have 2. Interestingly enough 2 of the races on both sides Virginia and New Jersey Senate Races have many similarities with both Senators having scandalous terms but being eventually found not guilty at their trials. But the trials did damage both Senator Mendez and Senator McDonnell Reputation and made both their races which should be pretty safe in play.

Now this is not it though as Mississipi Special ELection Rules could make this state in play too as if MacDaniel gets the Nomination the Democrat will be the slight favorite but if Senator Smith makes it out of the runoff than this state will remain pretty safely Republican.

So there is a potential of 10 pickups for the Democrats this year if they run the table which would bring Senate total at exactly 50/50.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #571 on: June 28, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2018, 05:27:48 PM by Old School Republican »

2018 Midterms: Potential Gubernatorial Pickups:

John King: Ok now lets move from the houses races to our Gubernatorial Battleground map . These are the races we believe are vulnerable to flipping

Alaska: Governor Bill Walker(I) vs State Senator Mike Dunleavy(R) - Lean Independent Hold

Colorado: Lieutenant Governor Donna Lynee(D) vs Congressman Cory Gardner(R) - Tossup

Connecticut: Businessman Ned Lamont(D) vs Mayor Mark Boughton(R) - Tossup

Illinois: Governor Bruce Rauner(R) vs Businessman JP Pritzker(D) - Tossup

Iowa: Governor Kim Reynolds(R) vs Former Lieutenant Governor Patty Judge- Lean Republican Hold

Nevada: State Attorney General Adam Laxalt(R) vs State Senator Aaron Ford(D) - Tossup

New Mexico: Congressman Steve Pearce(R) vs Congresswomen Michelle Grisham(D) - Lean Democratic Gain

Ohio: State Attorney General Mike DeWine(R) vs State Senator Joe Schiavoni(D) - Lean Republican Hold

South Dakota: Congresswomen Kristi Noem(R) vs Former US Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle(D) - Tossup

So Overall we have 6 vulnerable Republican Seats, 2 vulnerable Democratic Seats and 1 Independent Seat. Now Democratic viewers may be asking why isnt Oregon, Vermont and Massachuttes in play and Republicans why isnt Kansas and I just have to say remember these arent National Races so the factors are different than a senate race would be plus all the Governors in question of those states are popular so thats why they are likely going to be reelected.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #572 on: July 01, 2018, 02:22:55 AM »

Romney meets with New Canadian PM Andrew Scheer and talks about the issue of Trade, Energy Independence, and Foreign Policy issues such as Israel,and Iran.

Romney: I want to thank the Prime Minister for inviting me to Ottawa to discuss with him the issues facing both our nations as its critical both our nations work together to benefit both our nations.

Scheer: Pleasure Is mine Mr.President and I also want to thank him for coming here today .

Media Member: What we some issues you talked about

Romney: We talked about issues of Trade, Energy Independence because Trade between our nations is very important for both our nation's economy and we both agree that the best way for both our North America to be energy independent is to work together on that issue.

Media Member: Did you discuss foreign policy

Scheer: Of course we did, and the issues we discussed were how both our nations can stand by Israel side and we also discussed the Iran situation as well.Any Details cant be shared as right now they are classified so I want to end this by saying thank you Mr. Presidnet I had a great pleasure talking to you.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #573 on: July 02, 2018, 03:41:12 AM »

Amazon announces new HQ will be located in Nashville, Tenneesse

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #574 on: July 02, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »

Romney campaigning with GOP Senate candidates:

Romney Campaigning for Senator Scott Brown

Romney Campaigning for Seate Candidate Tom Kean Jr

Romney campainging for Senator Bob McDonnell

Romney Campaigning for Senator Jim Talent

Anderson Cooper: Romney also campaigned in Ohio, West Virginia, Montana ,  New Mexico and Nevada for Senate Candidates

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies