The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:23:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104922 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: July 24, 2018, 06:39:04 AM »

Pataki is a great choice. Anyway, so far I'm not sure who I'd support, but it'd be a Democrat. Waiting for everyone to announce and polls to come out to decide. In any case, it won't be Biden or de Blasio.

Why not Biden? Because of the Clarence Thomas hearings or because he's a walking #MeToo bombshell?

But seriously, you can always jump ship and back flawless beautiful cosmopolitan conservative Nikki Haley. It's never too late to be what you might have been Smiley.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #651 on: July 24, 2018, 06:44:25 AM »

Pataki is a great choice. Anyway, so far I'm not sure who I'd support, but it'd be a Democrat. Waiting for everyone to announce and polls to come out to decide. In any case, it won't be Biden or de Blasio.

Why not Biden? Because of the Clarence Thomas hearings or because he's a walking #MeToo bombshell?

But seriously, you can always jump ship and back flawless beautiful cosmopolitan conservative Nikki Haley. It's never too late to be what you might have been Smiley.

Nope. He's just too old imo Tongue
Anyway, Haley is too conservative for me- I might've backed Baker but I think the U.S. ITTL had enough ModerateMassachusettsGovernorTM so I'd prefer a changing of guards for now Wink
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #652 on: July 24, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »

Senator Cory Booker and Representative Tulsi Gabbard announce Presidential Runs

Cory Booker's Announcement Speech:

Cory Booker: Thank You, Thank You. Its great being back here in Newark, and bring back great memories of my term as mayor here(Applause). As you may know, every 4 years our nation not only gets to select a President but a direction of where our nation will go over the next 4 years and while sometimes the directions may not be as far apart as they were in other elections they are still apart and choosing one or the other will mean that our nation will take a different path. In this election, while I don't think the directions will be as different as they were say in 1964 or 2004 they are different and we must take that different route(Applause). Has there been lots of progress made in the past 6 years, the answer to that is yes but at the same time have people been left out of the progress being made the answer to that is also yes and we must make some changes to policies that would make sure they no longer are left out(Applause). My belief is we must expand Medicaid so healthcare can be more affordable to millions of people who currently can't(Applause) , we must expand green energy not only for our environment but because that is the future and investing in our future will grow our economy(Applause) , make college more affordable by expanding financial aid which do not require someone to take out loans(Applause) and we must do our best to end all discrimination no matter if its discrimination of race, sex , or age (Applause). That is why I am running for President because I believe I am best suited to bring upon those changes while at the same time not going so far that it could jeopardize the progress we have made in other areas(Applause). Thank You , may God Bless You and May God Bless America.

Tulsi Gabbard's Announcement Speech:

Tulsi Gabbard: Thank You, Thank You. After much careful consideration, I have decided that I will run for the Presidency of the United States(Applause). The reason I have decided to run is that I have many concerns about the current path our nation has gone on not just over the past 6 years but for many years before that and no candidate currently has spoken up on how they would make a change from that path. For nearly 17 and a half years our nation has had an interventionist foreign policy and supported regime change all around the world especially in the middle east and all that has done is created more instability which allows terrorists to thrive. In my opinion, it is time that we end the regime change foreign policy both in the middle east(Applause) and in Venezuela and use that money we spend there to rebuild our infrastructure, make public college tuition-free, and funding universal healthcare(Applause). Our number one job as leaders is too look out for the people living in our nation and spending taxpayer money on Infrastructure, Healthcare, on our Veterans and Education instead of a regime change foreign policy will do that. That does not mean though we become isolationist, no we shouldn't but we should instead use diplomacy to work with the Syrian Governments and other governments in the middle east to destroy terrorism instead of actively working to overthrow them(Applause) and we should make our relations better with growing nations such as India who will be an important economic partner in the years ahead(Applause).  Thank You , may God Bless You and May God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #653 on: July 24, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »

Anyway, Haley is too conservative for me- I might've backed Baker but I think the U.S. ITTL had enough ModerateMassachusettsGovernorTM so I'd prefer a changing of guards for now Wink

You probably would support Booker right
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #654 on: July 24, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »

Go Kamala Harris or Gretchen Whitmer!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #655 on: July 24, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »

You probably would support Booker right

Booker? Nah, I don't like him. I'd probably support Gillibrand or Harris of Whitmer from the current candidates, depending on their campaigns.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #656 on: July 29, 2018, 02:32:33 AM »

I just started reading this, but it is very nice so far. Curious to see how Romney does in office.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #657 on: August 01, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2018, 04:59:11 PM by Old School Republican »

Businessman Donald Trump and Professor Larry Lessig Announce Presidential Runs:

Donald Trump's Announcement Speech:

Trump: I have seen many great crowds before and all I can say is none of them have been as good as this one so thank you. As you may know, our country has made tremendous progress over the past 7 years and is winning unlike it has ever won before. The reason for this is simple , we have a successful businessman as President and not a career politican. Unlike career politicians who talk and lose , the current President wins and if we want to keep America great we must elect a successful businessman who just wins and not another politician who just loses. That is why I am running for President because just like the current president I am a businessman who wins in negotiating and believe me the people who I have negotiated with are much tougher negotiators than Congress and other foreign leaders. Unlike other politicians, I also dont need to take money from other people and then sell out to them and proof of that is my great net worth. I have a net worth according to this great accounting firm here of 9 Billion Dollars so I wont need to take any money from anybody else. I promise you if you elect me I will create the greatest economic boom our nation has ever seen, and make sure our country just wins and most important of all make our nation better than it has ever been before. Thank You , Thank You.

Larry Lessig Announces Run:

Hallie Jackson: Its great to have you on Professor Lessig

Larry Lessig: Great to be on

Hallie Jackson: So you ran for President last time in 2016 , and are considering running again so have you made a decision.

Larry Lessig: I have decided to run for President and for the very same reason as I did 4 years ago. It is my belief that money in politics is the number on issue facing our nation today as that has made our nation policies decided by lobbyists instead of the people

Hallie Jackson: Congressman Tulsi Gabbard has said she wont accept any Super Pac money so why just not support her candidacy

Lessig: It is because she is not making money in politics the main issue in her campaign. I mean she is right on many issues but unless you get money out it wont fix it. American interventionism in the world benefits defense contractors who in turn give money to Congress so there is no way they would want to change that foreign policy because if they do they will lose money for their reelection campaigns.

Jackson: But how will you get that same congress to ban money in politics then

Lessig: By making our campaign a referendum on that issue , so if we win it would send congress a clear message that the American people want to get rid of money in politics as well.

Jackson: Thank You for coming on  and good luck

Lessig: Pleasure is mine
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #658 on: August 01, 2018, 10:11:01 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2018, 11:43:16 PM by unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs »

You should have had Trump run as a Democrat promising to withdraw from all of the Romney administration’s trade agreements.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #659 on: August 01, 2018, 11:55:23 PM »

You should have had Trump run as a Democrat promising to withdraw from all of the Romney administration’s trade agreements.

After being one of the most prominent birthers and running as a Republican in the 2014 NY Gov Race there is no way he could run as a Democrat.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #660 on: August 02, 2018, 01:06:57 AM »

lol at Trump's speech. Any chance his actual net worth is leaked in this TL?*

*I remember reading on a TL on AH.com his tax returns were leaked and he wasn't a billionaire at all.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #661 on: August 02, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »

*I remember reading on a TL on AH.com his tax returns were leaked and he wasn't a billionaire at all.

Trump has definitely lied about numerous topics but I do not see a reason to suspect his personal wealth is among those topics.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #662 on: August 02, 2018, 09:24:13 AM »

Please let Drumpf be the laughingstock of this TL and go down in flames in the end.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #663 on: August 02, 2018, 12:27:43 PM »

Trump has definitely lied about numerous topics but I do not see a reason to suspect his personal wealth is among those topics.

Well Trump has a massive ego so he may lie about his wealth so he can be seen as richer than he actually might be.

In this TL his actual net worth wont be leaked but other things will be leaked

Please let Drumpf be the laughingstock of this TL and go down in flames in the end.

You will probably like how he goes down

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #664 on: August 03, 2018, 01:34:15 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2018, 01:43:10 AM by Old School Republican »

White House announces their Public Housing Reform Plan after meeting with a bipartisian congressional committee :

- Increase funding of community policing in Public Housing Neighborhoods

- Creates tax incentives for buisnesses to invest in Public Housing Neighborhoods

- Increases funding for job training programs for people who live in Public Housing Neighborhoods

- Requires Public Housing Projects to be audited annually to root out corruption.

- Gives people who live in public housing neighborhoods vouchers on so they have the ability to move out if they want.

- Ties funds to public housing programs to the results of the programs.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #665 on: August 04, 2018, 03:14:52 AM »

Former Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and Former Governor John Hickenlooper Announce Presidential Runs

Tom Vilsack's Announcement Speech:

Tom Vilsack: Thank You, Thank You. Being back here in Des Moines, Iowa brings back great memories of the 8 years I had the honor of representing this great state of ours(Applause). As a governor I had to   work with both parties as that was the only way we could get important work done in the state, I had to work with many state executive agencies and departments to make sure that our state can be governed well , and I had to make sure the agricultural sector of our economy was doing well as it is critical to how our state will do overall. I used some of this experience during the 4 years of Agriculture to help the agriculture economy in our nation do better because even while Agriculture may not be as huge percent of the economy as it is in Iowa it is still very important and no hard working person deserves to see their standard of living go down. This is why I have decided to run for President(Applause) because I believe my experience as Governor and being the Secretary of Agriculture is the type of experience we need if we want to solve problems facing our nation such as the energy issue which continues to get bigger and bigger (Applause). Thank You, May God Bles You and May God Bless America

John Hickenlooper's Announcement Speech

John Hickenlooper: Thank You , Thank You. As you may know the current Administration has ignored many problems over his time in office but thanks to our party being in such bad shape it has allowed them to set the agenda. In my opinion and I am sure everybody in this room believe that the Republican agenda is not a good one , but if we want to move away from that agenda we must first defeat them and then govern the nation effectively. At the end of the day that is what the American people want, they understand its not about ideology but about governance and that is what our party should stand for(Applause). To govern this country well we must be able to work with both parties to pass an agenda which is beneficial to the American people and choose a competent team and that is what I had done as Governor and what I would intend to do as President(Applause). We also must work with world leaders all across the world become problems such as the climate change crises can only be fixed if the world comes together (Applause). Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #666 on: August 04, 2018, 06:11:08 AM »

Interesting, though neither seem like they'll get above low single digits.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #667 on: August 04, 2018, 02:19:57 PM »

Breaking News: House Passes White House Public Housing Plan
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #668 on: August 04, 2018, 02:59:07 PM »

Summary of the First GOP Debate at the Reagan Library

Summary of First Debate:

The Debate was touted as a debate to see which one or two  of the establishment candidates: Portman, Bush, Haley, Ryan can become the main establishment candidate of the race , and which one of the outsiders: Trump, Baker, Paul can become the main outsider candidate. In the debate, Paul Ryan made the argument that entitlement reform is the key issue in this election and talked about how his experience over the years fighting for that issue makes him the main candidate to accomplish it. Senator Bush and Ambassador Haley fought over foreign policy with Bush calling for a more Hawkish stance over Iran and Venezuela while Haley argued that ground troops are not needed in Venezuela as Democracy must be fought for by the people of that nation fighting for it and we should just assist them in doing so . Vice President Portman argued that his experience as Congressman, Senator, and Vice President gives him the best experience to not only continue Romney's Policies but expand upon them.

In the outsider group, Rand Paul Called for withdrawing our troops from overseas arguing American interventionism, a flat tax, and massively cut spending to reduce the size of the government back to where the constitution limits it to. Donald Trump attacked every other candidate as corrupt insiders and claimed that his business experience will make our country win more and says that the reason Romney was a good president was because of his business experience, and Trump also mentioned that he would get tough on China and make sure that they no longer could even have a chance to win against America. Charlie Baker sounded like an establishment candidate but his lack of name recognition and establishment support turned him into an outsider candidate so he emphasized how he just like President Romney and President Reagan managed to successfully pass the GOP agenda in his state despite the fact that the other party controlled the state legislature and he claims this experience will make him best suited to carry on the Presidnet's legacy

One last thing that was noticed was that despite Reagan obviously still being held in high regard, he was no longer was everyone's favorite modern president, and the standard bearer as the Romney years had seemed to crown a new standard bearer of the party just like how the Reagan years made Reagan not Eisenhower the standard bearer of the party.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #669 on: August 06, 2018, 03:21:35 AM »

Summary of First Democratic debate at Dartmouth College

Summary of First Debate:

The debate was touted as a debate which would begin the process of having 2-3 candidates being able to separate themselves from the pack but that really did not happen as most of the candidates was able to well emphasize their strengths tonight will they were unable to successfully expand passed their strengths and were unsuccessful at bringing another candidate down due to attacks.

Joe Biden argued that his experience in the Senate and as Vice President would allow him to best implement policies that benefit the working class, have a steady foreign policy and govern the most competently. Out of that field nobody really was able to come close to matching him in that regard . On the other hand, Gretchen Whitmer has argued that she also has working class roots and her fight in the state to repeal right to work  and other anti-union laws, bring back blue collar jobs , her getting paid maternity leave signed into state law makes her the best candidate to look out for the working class family in this nation. Tom Vilsack really wasnt able to match either two candidates throughout and while arguing for energy and agriculture reform it didnt seem to hit and that likely will mean his presidential hopes are already beginning to close on him.

In the more Socially Liberal Wing of the Party Gillibrand, Booker or Harris were really unable to break out of the pack either. Gillibrand argued her lige long fight for women equality makes her the best candidate to pass paid maternity leave nationwide , pay equity for women and put in policies tha tmake it easier for single women to raise her child but Harris and Booker argued that they also agree with those policies and would fight for them as well, along with Harris saying she is the best candidate to fight Climate Change and Booker arguing he too would fight for policies to push for women equity and reverse effects of Climate Change as well as fighting discrimination of any kind.

The Progressive Wing of the Party, on the other hand, did see a candidate stand out and currently it looks like its De Blasio. De Blasio was able to argue that he would be the best candidate of the field to expand Medicare, make the wealthy pay their fair share in taxes, and lower costs of College and Housing. Also his attacks on Gabbard's foreign policy especially when it came to Russia seemed to work and Lessig being a one issue candidate certainly did not help either.The Centrist Wing was been lead by Bebbe and Hickenlooper and Beebe, like expected, was able to keep the mantle of being the leader of the centrist wing in the party .

All in All really this debate just may have narrowed the field from 11 to 7
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #670 on: August 06, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »

Whitmer for President 2020
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #671 on: August 06, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »

Breaking News: Housing Bill passes Senate with one amendment to the bill

New Bill(Added Language to Bill in Bold, sections removed are stricken out):

- Increase funding of community policing in Public Housing Neighborhoods

- Creates tax incentives for buisnesses to invest in Public Housing Neighborhoods

- Increases funding for job training programs for people who live in Public Housing Neighborhoods

- Requires Public Housing Projects to be audited annually to root out corruption.

- Gives people who live in public housing neighborhoods which are crime ridden or ridden by corruption vouchers so they have the ability to move out if they want.

- Voucher is equal to how much government spends per person on the housing project

- Ties funds to public housing programs to the results of the programs.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #672 on: August 07, 2018, 03:03:01 AM »

House Narrowly passes Amendment version of the Housing Bill by a margin of 3 votes and Romney signs the Bill:

Romney: Thank You, Thank You. Today thanks to the work of members of both parties we can ensure that problems that public housing programs were facing such as many communities around there being crime-ridden and the management itself being corrupt can finally be addressed. This will ensure that people living in public housing can feel safer than they are now and along with provisions that incentivize business to invest in those areas and an increased funding for job training will mean that we can give the people living there chances of a better life. Due to that its my pleasure to sign this bill

Romney Signs Bill
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #673 on: August 07, 2018, 12:28:19 PM »

Breaking News: Venezuelan Republic forces take the capital and succeed in overthrowing the current government with help of Allied Air support. Maduro and other formerly top government officials flee capital to avoid capture by Republic Forces and soon to be new Government of Venezuela.

Wolf Blitzer: We have some breaking news coming from  Venezuela and that is that Republic forces have taken the capital and have officially succeeded in overthrowing the current government of Venezuela. In response to this the President as announced that he will send 1000 non-combat troops to Venezuela to assist Republic forces in forming a new government and creating a new constitution.

Republic forces though were unable to capture now former president Maduro and other top officials from his Government as they have fled the capital.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #674 on: August 07, 2018, 05:02:43 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2018, 05:53:42 PM by Old School Republican »

Breaking News: Former Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has been arrested and charged with multiple counts of murder, war crimes, abuse of power and corruption by the new government. He will be held in custody at a special military base guarded by Allied non-combat troops and Republic forces. Romney also announces that all sanctions against Venezuela will be removed

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies