Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 11:01:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141842 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: March 21, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »

So, my life has now officially become a sitcom.

A few days ago, my ex contacted me wanting to keep in touch. So far so good, it's not like I dislike him as a person. Today he asked me to come to some 2-day seminar of our uni's lgbtq organization. And, turns out, also coming is another friend of ours ("friend"), the same dude who, some of you might recall, posted a hearty picture collage with my ex in his instagram story a few days after the breakup, making me dislike him ever since. Now, the rooms are for 4-6 people, so it appears like my ex had the bright idea of... putting me, him and the guy I hate in the same room. Another reason this is so funny to me? My ex does NOT know what he's getting himself into. The guy got offended back when some friend asked me on WhatsApp "how's your girlfriend", if he can't handle that, he ain't gonna handle all the hardcore gay culture in that seminar Tongue

He also asked us to add more gay people who might want to come to the group. This made me think of some dude from the Tel Aviv University I had one date with. I got out of this date emotionally confused because my ex was still in my thoughts and I felt less for the new guy, but we still talk and the guy (who's... really into me) knows about the ex thing. So the very thought of putting me, my ex, the guy who wants me but knows I'm still not able to feel much for him because of that ex, and the guy I hate and suspect is into my ex, all in the same room, is so morbidly hilarious that I randomly burst out in laughter when thinking of it. Of course, that part won't actually happen.

Just... wow.  Big oof, good luck with that hell.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #851 on: March 21, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »

A few days ago, my ex contacted me wanting to keep in touch. So far so good, it's not like I dislike him as a person. Today he asked me to come to some 2-day seminar of our uni's lgbtq organization. And, turns out, also coming is another friend of ours ("friend"), the same dude who, some of you might recall, posted a hearty picture collage with my ex in his instagram story a few days after the breakup, making me dislike him ever since. Now, the rooms are for 4-6 people, so it appears like my ex had the bright idea of... putting me, him and the guy I hate in the same room. Another reason this is so funny to me? My ex does NOT know what he's getting himself into. The guy got offended back when some friend asked me on WhatsApp "how's your girlfriend", if he can't handle that, he ain't gonna handle all the hardcore gay culture in that seminar Tongue

He also asked us to add more gay people who might want to come to the group. This made me think of some dude from the Tel Aviv University I had one date with. I got out of this date emotionally confused because my ex was still in my thoughts and I felt less for the new guy, but we still talk and the guy (who's... really into me) knows about the ex thing. So the very thought of putting me, my ex, the guy who wants me but knows I'm still not able to feel much for him because of that ex, and the guy I hate and suspect is into my ex, all in the same room, is so morbidly hilarious that I randomly burst out in laughter when thinking of it. Of course, that part won't actually happen.

Nah, I find it more amusing than bad tbh. I also have a feeling that the guy I dislike won't be too happy with my presence, so it's a nice bonus.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #852 on: March 21, 2018, 12:10:46 PM »

Nah, I find it more amusing than bad tbh. I also have a feeling that the guy I dislike won't be too happy with my presence, so it's a nice bonus.

Heh well alright, not too bad then. 
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #853 on: March 21, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

Went for a routine check up and my doctor found dark spots on my skin that concerned him, he biopsied it and we're waiting for results, but he thinks it's cancerous but says it's not too big a deal. I'm not too worried about it yet, but it was definitely a shock.

That sucks, I'm sorry. Sad  Fingers crossed for you, friend!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #854 on: March 21, 2018, 12:15:42 PM »

So, now I'm gonna dump some BS that's happening in my life right now.

Alright, so my Ex-Girlfriend, let's call her E, broke up with me last week, after 3 months of what seemed to be a good relationship, to get together with her ex (one of her many exes), and one of my friends (call him S).  Now, I wasn't that mad at first, but that's just the start.  So, one of my other friends, (Girl, call her R) had a crush on S and was getting ready to ask him to be her boyfriend, so E got in the way of R being happy.  Along with that, E is turning S against one of my other friends, (Girl, call her A) who has been good friends with S since last year.

Now, after all that BS you'd think that's it right?  Nope, apparently E is spreading a rumor that I told her to kill herself after she broke up with me.  So... yeah that's my life right now, thank god I have friends who can vouch I'd never say that.

tldr:  My ex broke up with me for one of my friends and started a whole load of sh**t, along with saying I told her to kill herself.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #855 on: March 21, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »

Whereas the first half of my visit to Maui was for the natural wonders, the last four days have been more about history. Museums, sugar, and the hike down to see the former leprosarium in Kaluapapa, Molokai. The hike and tour were fabulous, but walking down 1800 feet over 3 miles took its toll on my calves. They are still complaining any time I walk down steps two days later.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #856 on: March 21, 2018, 03:31:55 PM »

My biopsy results came in and it turns out that what was removed is indeed cancerous my doctor has scheduled surgery for next Thursday.
Jesus. Sending positive energy your way.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: March 21, 2018, 03:35:03 PM »

Looks like my convo with some person in a class before mine has dried up. Tongue Oh, well. Too stressful anyway. Somewhat related, one of my friends wants to set me up.
Gah, tinder sucks. I was having a nice conversation with a cute girl who was into 1960s history (my favorite, as you can tell by the only timeline I’ve ever made any real progress on) and she hasn’t replied in a week.

Tinder sucks.

Good luck with your blind date if you go through with it.

Alright, so my Ex-Girlfriend, let's call her E, broke up with me last week, after 3 months of what seemed to be a good relationship, to get together with her ex (one of her many exes), and one of my friends (call him S).  Now, I wasn't that mad at first, but that's just the start.  So, one of my other friends, (Girl, call her R) had a crush on S and was getting ready to ask him to be her boyfriend, so E got in the way of R being happy.  Along with that, E is turning S against one of my other friends, (Girl, call her A) who has been good friends with S since last year.

Now, after all that BS you'd think that's it right?  Nope, apparently E is spreading a rumor that I told her to kill herself after she broke up with me.  So... yeah that's my life right now, thank god I have friends who can vouch I'd never say that.

tldr:  My ex broke up with me for one of my friends and started a whole load of sh**t, along with saying I told her to kill herself.
Wow. Cut E and S our of your life is my recommendation.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #858 on: March 21, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »

My biopsy results came in and it turns out that what was removed is indeed cancerous my doctor has scheduled surgery for next Thursday.

I wish the best for you. Sad
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #859 on: March 21, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »

Argh, this sounds very uncomfortable, I hope you're doing OK. She sounds like a very childish person who definitely does not deserve you, though.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #860 on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

MAINEiac, Parrotguy, thank you 2.  I'm definitely cutting E out, but I think S can be saved, after all I've been friends with him for 3 years, I want to at least try.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #861 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2018, 03:14:16 PM by JFK »

I just watched The Good Place for the first time. I watched all 26 chapters in less than 30 hours, even setting up two new email addresses since most of the second season isn't on Netflix/Hulu and you can watch up to three episodes for free per account on the NBC app. It's now my favorite show, especially since I am essentially the same person as Chidi except slightly more decisive and a political nerd (though I also love philosophy and ethics)

I've never laughed so hard and so long at a TV show, cared so much about the characters, AND had a massive existential crisis at the end of the second season before! Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #862 on: March 22, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »

I just watched The Good Place for the first time. I watched all 26 chapters in less than 30 hours, even setting up two new email addresses since most of the second season isn't on Netflix/Hulu and you can watch up to three episodes for free per account on the NBC app. It's now my favorite show, especially since I am essentially the same person as Chidi except slightly more decisive and a political nerd (though I also love philosophy and ethics)

I've never laughed so hard and so long at a TV show, cared so much about the characters, AND had a massive existential crisis at the end of the second season before! Smiley
It's a fantastic show... and really really funny.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #863 on: March 22, 2018, 08:36:42 PM »

Did my first interview as an author.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #864 on: March 22, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »

Did my first interview as an author.
Link? I'd love to read it!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #865 on: March 22, 2018, 10:36:00 PM »

PM'ed you.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #866 on: March 23, 2018, 06:06:33 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2018, 06:46:48 PM by Comrade Peb! »

Well, fork. I accidentally outed myself to my chemistry teacher last night by emailing her for the password to a test with my main (female) account instead of my school (ambiguous) one. Fortunately, she briefly thought that "Emily" was my mom, so I'm in the clear until she finally pieces together why my email address has the word "peebs" in it. Until then, I just hope she's supportive or at least doesn't give a rat's ass.

Approximate transcript of this morning:
Chemistry Teacher (CT): So, [birthname], was that [email from Emily] you or your mom?
Me: That was me.
CT: Oh, I was thinking maybe you were logged in your mom's account by accident.
Me: Oh, no. My mom's name isn't Emily.
CT: Then who's Emily then?
Me: [beat] Think about it.

EDIT: Decided to write a more explicit note (and improve my handwriting while I'm at it). I appear to be one for two in those goals.

NEW EDIT: There. Are you happy?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #867 on: March 23, 2018, 06:59:20 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2018, 12:47:16 PM by TexasGurl »

Well, I accidentally outed myself to my chemistry teacher last night by emailing her for the password to a test with my main (female) account instead of my school (ambiguous) one. Fortunately, she briefly thought that "Emily" was my mom, so I'm in the clear until she finally pieces together why my email address has the word "peebs" in it. Until then, I just hope she's supportive or at least doesn't give a rat's ass.

Approximate transcript of this morning:
Chemistry Teacher (CT): So, [birthname], was that [email from Emily] you or your mom?
Me: That was me.
CT: Oh, I was thinking maybe you were logged in your mom's account by accident.
Me: Oh, no. My mom's name isn't Emily.
CT: Then who's Emily then?
Me: [beat] Think about it.

EDIT: Decided to write a more explicit note (and improve my handwriting while I'm at it). I appear to be one for two in those goals.

This sounds like it could potentially be a good step for you if the teacher is supportive, no? Are the teachers in your school generally tolerant?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2018, 07:12:06 AM »

This sounds like it could potentially be a good step for you if the teacher is supportive, no? Are the teachers in your school generally tolerant?
My learning lab teachers are, for sure (if the liberal complaints we share with one another are any indication), but I'm not sure of the general consensus. Probably because I was too scared of outing myself to ask. (Guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, oops!)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »

My learning lab teachers are, for sure (if the liberal complaints we share with one another are any indication), but I'm not sure of the general consensus. Probably because I was too scared of outing myself to ask. (Guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, oops!)
Really hope this works out for you.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #870 on: March 23, 2018, 02:41:18 PM »

Just found out I scored very, very well on the SAT.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #871 on: March 23, 2018, 02:53:44 PM »

I am being crushed under a mountain of sleep debt. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't sleep. It's like my brain forgot how to turn itself off at night. I'm going to lose my mind if this keeps happening.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #872 on: March 23, 2018, 02:56:30 PM »

I am being crushed under a mountain of sleep debt. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't sleep. It's like my brain forgot how to turn itself off at night. I'm going to lose my mind if this keeps happening.

Damn. What method have you tried to help you get to sleep?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #873 on: March 23, 2018, 03:03:16 PM »

I've been feeling some sort of dull pain in my chest for the past week or so. I barely felt it but in the past hour or so I've been feeling it pretty seriously. I know I don't have any blood problems or something, my physical fitness is great and I'm feeling otherwise good, so no idea what it is. I have a holiday starting from next week so if I keep feeling it until then I'll tell my parents (who'll freak out because that's what they do) and go to the family doctor to check it. I really, really, really hope it's nothing because I like my life right now and would like it to keep going smoothly, especially in the health department.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »

I'm a pretty bad sleeper myself. Sad  Some of my friends like Melatonin, but it gives me messed up dreams, LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies