Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142515 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: March 17, 2018, 12:54:29 AM »
« edited: March 17, 2018, 01:34:16 AM by Senator #TheShadowyAbyss »

Went for a routine check up and my doctor found dark spots on my skin that concerned him, he biopsied it and we're waiting for results, but he thinks it's cancerous but says it's not too big a deal. I'm not too worried about it yet, but it was definitely a shock.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #826 on: March 17, 2018, 02:51:59 AM »

I'm just settling down for my third night on Maui. The flight over from the Big Island was on an 11 seater where the copilot doubled as flight attendant and no TSA check was needed. The rest of day 1 included a luau in Lahaina with excellent dancing and some star gazing at the West Maui/Kapalua airport. Day 2 included half a drive to Hana (they had flooding rains the day before) with some hikes to see waterfalls in the rainforest and some crashing surf on the coast. Day 3 included beach walks and photos in South Maui at the big and little Makena beaches and a drive above the clouds to the 10,000 foot summit of Haleakala, finishing with some excellent coconut pie on the way back at Leoda's. I think day 4 should be a bit more relaxed with time at Kapalua beach across from our unit.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #827 on: March 17, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »

My brother, who has been living in his car, decided to drive up to Tallahassee and visit. He literally walked in on me in the shower and just said "I'm on vacation." He's going home on Sunday when I go back for Spring Break because he'll be allowed back into the house he's been living in (he was kicked out after being falsely accused of stealing money, but has since been exonerated - he is unsure if he wants to return), so we've been having a nice time.
Interesting. This is why I always lock the bathroom door when I'm alone and showering.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That sounds fun. Christian education is something I'm very deeply invested in, and I would be glad to be able to talk to somebody else on here about it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #828 on: March 18, 2018, 02:45:06 PM »

So I'm writing a miniature biography of La Follette (Sr.) for my second job. Just want you to know there are a very few possible ways to make money doing this garbage. Also, I do not care one iota about this man.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #829 on: March 18, 2018, 02:54:52 PM »

So I'm writing a miniature biography of La Follette (Sr.) for my second job. Just want you to know there are a very few possible ways to make money doing this garbage. Also, I do not care one iota about this man.

Would you have voted for the guy?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #830 on: March 18, 2018, 03:17:10 PM »

Would you have voted for the guy?

Eh. I like his oratory style, and he hails from a time when "progressives" were free to be patriotic ("Ours is the greatest Nation on the fave of the glove."), but it's unlikely against Coolidge. I'm a sucker for rhetoric, and he makes a sympathetic case against entry into the First World War (though not one I am inclined to agree with entirely), but I don't think there's a point in which I'd ever vote for him.

I am interested in exploring American political ideology around that time a bit more (though please don't recommend any books right now; I'm in the process of putting myself through a self-administered crash program on democratization and (post-)communism), and to what extent concepts such as isolationism and imperialism were rooted in certain ideologies and so on (we are told by contemporary libertarians that "conservatives" were always opposed to war, but this does not hold up; nor did progressives fit evenly into one camp).
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #831 on: March 18, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »

Got a call today saying that my bone marrow is a match for a leukemia patient. Looks like I’m going to have to put off suicide for a couple more months.
If you’re a good enough person to go through such an arduous process just to give up your bone marrow for anyone (stranger or not), than you’re worth keeping around on this earth for a while, even if it isn’t always a walk in the park.

Seriously, God bless you dude - people like you are desperately needed in a world filled with actual dirtbags like me.
Thanks, Sanchez. That means a lot Smiley
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #832 on: March 18, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »

Incredibly annoyed with pretending to be a guy. Currently writing another essay containing angry, uninspired ranting and questions I've been meaning to ask for the past five months. I know for a fact it won't change anything (nothing I write ever seems to), but I might as well.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #833 on: March 19, 2018, 12:15:18 PM »

My biopsy results came in and it turns out that what was removed is indeed cancerous my doctor has scheduled surgery for next Thursday.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #834 on: March 19, 2018, 12:17:34 PM »

My biopsy results came in and it turns out that what was removed is indeed cancerous my doctor has scheduled surgery for next Thursday.

I'm heartbroken to hear that. I'm praying for your health.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #835 on: March 19, 2018, 12:20:27 PM »

Yikes! I hope its just skin cancer (which is no picnic either, my dad has had it like four times now) or something relatively benign. I'll be praying you for!
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #836 on: March 19, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »

As am I.  Keep strong, TSA.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #837 on: March 19, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »

I really really hope you'll be fine and that everything bad will be removed.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #838 on: March 19, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »

Hope everything goes well TSA Purple heart
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #839 on: March 19, 2018, 03:57:44 PM »

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #840 on: March 19, 2018, 10:27:38 PM »

We've had some very severe weather this evening. It looks like at least part of my college has been destroyed. The town looks like it was hit by 2-3 tornadoes. Still unsure about the extent of the damage.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #841 on: March 20, 2018, 12:58:44 AM »

We've had some very severe weather this evening. It looks like at least part of my college has been destroyed. The town looks like it was hit by 2-3 tornadoes. Still unsure about the extent of the damage.

ugh sorry to hear that. hope everyone's ok.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #842 on: March 20, 2018, 01:39:57 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear that. Earlier I saw on The Weather Channel that Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL was partially destroyed as the town was struck by 2 tornadoes. The worst part is that they were rain wrapped and struck at night. All we can hope is that nobody was seriously injured or died and that damage to homes was minimal. It's going to be a long night for the folks there, but they're tough and they'll pull through.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #843 on: March 20, 2018, 05:42:37 AM »

This is now one of the shelves in my dorm room. I wonder what guys I bring here will think about my interests, lol. Though, more likely than not, no one will recognize a Kerry\Edwards campaign pin Tongue

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #844 on: March 20, 2018, 09:05:23 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear that. Earlier I saw on The Weather Channel that Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL was partially destroyed as the town was struck by 2 tornadoes. The worst part is that they were rain wrapped and struck at night. All we can hope is that nobody was seriously injured or died and that damage to homes was minimal. It's going to be a long night for the folks there, but they're tough and they'll pull through.

Yeah that’s it. Thankfully we’re on spring break this week so few people were on campus. It appears like there were no fatalities. Several dorms and apartments are completely destroyed.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #845 on: March 20, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »

So I can single handedly ruin the lives of everyone I come into contact with and still be beloved by all, but slight damage to school property and that's what makes me a problem.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #846 on: March 20, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »

Yeah that’s it. Thankfully we’re on spring break this week so few people were on campus. It appears like there were no fatalities. Several dorms and apartments are completely destroyed.

Thank G-d that you are all on spring break. I'm working w/ people from Alabama this week and they've been keeping everyone informed about whats been going on.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #847 on: March 20, 2018, 06:11:01 PM »

This is now one of the shelves in my dorm room. I wonder what guys I bring here will think about my interests, lol. Though, more likely than not, no one will recognize a Kerry\Edwards campaign pin Tongue

You mean you don't try and pick up guys with some sort of small talk about politics?

If anyone is interested, a question that I wrote might be getting asked to the Prime Minister tomorrow in Prime Minister's Questions. Very surreal.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #848 on: March 21, 2018, 01:31:36 AM »

Awful. Hopefully all turns out well.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: March 21, 2018, 12:02:58 PM »

So, my life has now officially become a sitcom.

A few days ago, my ex contacted me wanting to keep in touch. So far so good, it's not like I dislike him as a person. Today he asked me to come to some 2-day seminar of our uni's lgbtq organization. And, turns out, also coming is another friend of ours ("friend"), the same dude who, some of you might recall, posted a hearty picture collage with my ex in his instagram story a few days after the breakup, making me dislike him ever since. Now, the rooms are for 4-6 people, so it appears like my ex had the bright idea of... putting me, him and the guy I hate in the same room. Another reason this is so funny to me? My ex does NOT know what he's getting himself into. The guy got offended back when some friend asked me on WhatsApp "how's your girlfriend", if he can't handle that, he ain't gonna handle all the hardcore gay culture in that seminar Tongue

He also asked us to add more gay people who might want to come to the group. This made me think of some dude from the Tel Aviv University I had one date with. I got out of this date emotionally confused because my ex was still in my thoughts and I felt less for the new guy, but we still talk and the guy (who's... really into me) knows about the ex thing. So the very thought of putting me, my ex, the guy who wants me but knows I'm still not able to feel much for him because of that ex, and the guy I hate and suspect is into my ex, all in the same room, is so morbidly hilarious that I randomly burst out in laughter when thinking of it. Of course, that part won't actually happen.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies