Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:42:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142136 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: February 06, 2018, 08:46:27 PM »

Decided to start looking at colleges. Why the hell does everything cost money?

If nothing costed money, it would have no worth. The beautiful necklace that you find on the ground would mean nothing. It was free for the person who got it first, too.

Yoga classes wouldn't be fun, there's a high probability that there'd be random, possibly homeless people in there, taking up the space of someone who worked for the money to pay for the class.

There'd be no class system. First class people would blend right in with the lower class, and working class would probably not have any incentive to work at all, seeing as they don't need money to buy something that's free.

I guess it's just about the economy. We gotta keep it alive by making the people drive for something. You want that 2017 Mazda? Work for and pay for it.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #651 on: February 06, 2018, 09:22:48 PM »

If nothing costed money, it would have no worth. The beautiful necklace that you find on the ground would mean nothing. It was free for the person who got it first, too.

Yoga classes wouldn't be fun, there's a high probability that there'd be random, possibly homeless people in there, taking up the space of someone who worked for the money to pay for the class.

There'd be no class system. First class people would blend right in with the lower class, and working class would probably not have any incentive to work at all, seeing as they don't need money to buy something that's free.

I guess it's just about the economy. We gotta keep it alive by making the people drive for something. You want that 2017 Mazda? Work for and pay for it.

You want to get into that nice college? Work for and pay for it. Oh, you need to get into the college to get the high paying job? And you're wondering why Rich Ricky over there, who's father is old friend with the dean, gets in with lower grades than you? Ummmm
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #652 on: February 06, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »

You want to get into that nice college? Work for and pay for it. Oh, you need to get into the college to get the high paying job? And you're wondering why Rich Ricky over there, who's father is old friend with the dean, gets in with lower grades than you? Ummmm
Chill, I just thought it would be funny to post a drawn-out response to an obviously silly and rhetorical question.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #653 on: February 06, 2018, 10:48:19 PM »

It's not called the free market because everythings free you dirty facking commie Tongue
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #654 on: February 06, 2018, 10:54:09 PM »

It's not called the free market because everythings free you dirty facking commie Tongue

And, when I was touring and applying to colleges in 2012-14, every school said that they would meet all of your family's need (my family didn't need financial aid), so you won't be paying the full $60K+ prices unless your family can afford them.  I've never understood how people wind up with student debt unless their parents leave them high and dry.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #655 on: February 06, 2018, 11:03:08 PM »

And, when I was touring and applying to colleges in 2012-14, every school said that they would meet all of your family's need (my family didn't need financial aid), so you won't be paying the full $60K+ prices unless your family can afford them.  I've never understood how people wind up with student debt unless their parents leave them high and dry.

“Financial aid” is itself a set of loans.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #656 on: February 07, 2018, 01:14:33 AM »

“Financial aid” is itself a set of loans.

Most of the schools I was looking at guaranteed that students would graduate debt-free, exclusively using grants, if I remember correctly.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #657 on: February 07, 2018, 02:50:54 AM »

Many parents can't really help their children, because of various reasons. If not for my grandfather saving money for me for decades and helping me financially now as well, I'm not sure what I'd do- my sister is extremely irresponsible and managed to financially collapse, which in turn forced my parents to throw money (including many savings for me) into that endless well of my sister's debt. Yes, the army funds most of my degree but I still need to live somewhere and eat. So yeah, it's very easy and very possible to accumulate student debt, but I've noticed that it's especially common in America.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #658 on: February 07, 2018, 03:41:53 AM »

Also, I've reached the stage of conclusions and internalization in dealing with that breakup.
There are only three things I'm actually thankful to him for:
1. Allowing me to know how a relationship can feel during our first month together.
2. Breaking up with me himself, and preventing me from wasting any more time in my life on the terrible boyfriend he was.
3. Standing up for myself in relationships. No, a bf who frequently doesn't text back and who almost never shows you any regard or importance is not acceptable!

Truly, I have so many examples when I hoped he'd show me some regard and signal that I'm important for him, and got disappointed. He deserved a warning a month and a half after our relashionship started, and me breaking up with him after two months. Instead, I let myself be dragged through almost four months of that nothingness. Never again, hopefully.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #659 on: February 07, 2018, 07:47:15 AM »

About to attend a memorial mass, which is a convenient way of catching up with the relatives.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:46 AM »

I just burst into tears over a crappy pair of headphones finally giving in. Why must I feel the need to freak out over every little thing? They couldn't have cost more than two bucks and I acted like they cost thousands.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »

Was a complete nerd in class yesterday, when I enthusiastically answered “1848, the Springrime of the Peoples!”
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #662 on: February 07, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »

Was a complete nerd in class yesterday, when I enthusiastically answered “1848, the Springrime of the Peoples!”

Always pictured you as one to never, ever raise your hand but always know the answer, LOL.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #663 on: February 07, 2018, 11:29:01 AM »

You have problems.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #664 on: February 07, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »

I got engaged yesterday #YOLO
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:26 PM »

Always pictured you as one to never, ever raise your hand but always know the answer, LOL.

I’m an egotistical prick in the classroom. Not proud of it, but it’s comulsive at this point.

You have problems.

Someone’s gotta school the ignorants on the (presumed) origins of such contemporary phrases as “the Arab Spring”.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #666 on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:58 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 11:46:45 PM by HillGoose »

Do yall think I should actually marry this girl? I can't believe I'm engaged to her when I barely know her but you can't get anywhere without taking risks.

Pros:
- She's hot and only a year older than me. Basic white blonde 22-year old who wears Ugg boots and likes Starbucks too much.
- Getting married would make my mother and my mother's family upset

Cons:
- I'm pretty sure I'm gay and would avoid having sex with her which doesn't sound good for a relationship.
- She reminds me of the Hooter's waitress I dated when I was 18 (who I hated)
- Not the brightest bulb in the box (like every other woman who gets obsessed with me)

so idk
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #667 on: February 08, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »

Do yall think I should actually marry this girl? I can't believe I'm engaged to her when I barely know her but you can't get anywhere without taking risks.

Pros:
- She's hot and only a year older than me. Basic white blonde 22-year old who wears Ugg boots and likes Starbucks too much.

Cons:
- I'm pretty sure I'm gay and would avoid having sex with her which doesn't sound good for a relationship.
- Not the brightest bulb in the box (like every other woman who gets obsessed with me)

so idk

Go for it, I see little chance of anything going wrong.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #668 on: February 08, 2018, 01:58:33 AM »

Pros:

Cons:

so idk

Casarse por amor, no por deber
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #669 on: February 08, 2018, 02:51:45 AM »

First of all HillGoose, don’t you know that homosexuality is an abomination? It’s God’s and Reagan’s will that you marry this girl. I suggest you pray away your doubts.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #670 on: February 08, 2018, 07:48:40 AM »

And my new headphones are already screwed up, although in my defense, they were screwed up before.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #671 on: February 08, 2018, 08:03:11 AM »

Pros:

Cons:

so idk

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #672 on: February 08, 2018, 01:14:04 PM »

I've got a lot to do in my company these days ...

The economic situation in the country and company is good. Really good.

I sent big boxes full of electronics and other devices to Poland (Warsaw), Switzerland (Winterthur), Sweden (Akersberga, Uppsala and Solna), Norway (Rud), Netherlands (Helmond) and Denmark (Glostrup) today. Plus the regular smaller ones to customers, mostly in Germany and Italy.

Plus, we also got a 200.000€ order from Bilfinger in Germany this week ... Smiley
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #673 on: February 08, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »

I fcked up
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States