Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142817 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: January 27, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »

In other news, I am now convinced that nobody in my family will be alive by the end of this year, and I'll have nobody to blame for it but myself.

What happened?
Well, I was watching the Mick when my sibling came into the room, and due to their aversion to vomit, I warned them since Mickey was trying to get Ben to throw up a balloon full of what is assumed to be heroin, they should probably leave the room. A few minutes later, my dog (downstairs) had gone berserk and bit my sibling's hand. Nobody died (yet), but I'm still freaking out, so here we are.
Oh dear...
What's going to happen to the dog?
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #601 on: January 27, 2018, 10:44:13 PM »

I don't know. All I know is that an edit of the Seinfeld clip show to the theme from Sonic Forces I made was surprisingly helpful in calming me down.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #602 on: January 28, 2018, 03:49:16 AM »

Back in NYC for 2 days for a useless meeting at work. Godamn...I love NYC
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #603 on: January 28, 2018, 08:08:13 AM »

Got a five stars review for the second part.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »

Enjoyable time, for the most part, in Orlando and the surrounding areas these past few days. Had a few days off in between work programs. I love Florida, but kind of hope this upcoming program ends fast. I miss my apartment in DC lol.

Also, came out as bisexual to my parents last night. Was shocked at how well it went. They have pretty much accepted it. There's some quirks that I think we'll have to work through, but this is a stunning step I never thought I'd be taking.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »

Enjoyable time, for the most part, in Orlando and the surrounding areas these past few days. Had a few days off in between work programs. I love Florida, but kind of hope this upcoming program ends fast. I miss my apartment in DC lol.

Also, came out as bisexual to my parents last night. Was shocked at how well it went. They have pretty much accepted it. There's some quirks that I think we'll have to work through, but this is a stunning step I never thought I'd be taking.

Yay, awesome! It's always a great feeling when people close to you accept you!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2018, 11:39:54 PM »

Yay, awesome! It's always a great feeling when people close to you accept you!

Yea! Its been a weird day. Have felt less burdened by things. Smiley
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #607 on: January 30, 2018, 02:25:45 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2018, 02:27:24 AM by JFK »

I was flat-out rejected by the guy from work I like, oh well. Work will be awkward but I'll make it through.

I think one of my good-ish friends likes this girl I know. I'm not sure how I feel about it because I care about him and, previously, I've stayed back and watched as that girl has caused emotional pain to two of my other friends. I'm trying to tread a line between not letting her hurt another one of my friends and minding my own damn business because it doesn't directly concern me. Am I too nosy, or a good friend?

I envy your bravery, good for you. Can't imagine coming out to my parents, I'm glad yours took it well.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: January 30, 2018, 05:49:40 AM »

I was flat-out rejected by the guy from work I like, oh well. Work will be awkward but I'll make it through.

I think one of my good-ish friends likes this girl I know. I'm not sure how I feel about it because I care about him and, previously, I've stayed back and watched as that girl has caused emotional pain to two of my other friends. I'm trying to tread a line between not letting her hurt another one of my friends and minding my own damn business because it doesn't directly concern me. Am I too nosy, or a good friend?

I envy your bravery, good for you. Can't imagine coming out to my parents, I'm glad yours took it well.

You're a good friend. Nontheless, if he really wants to go with that, you can't really stop him. Emotions are irrational. Warning him would be fine, though, if you believe he'll take it well.

Also, I'm thinking that it might be time to download Tinder. I mean, I'm in a university and I'm sure that there are many high-quality guys here, but I don't really meet new people so I'm not tapping (no pun intended) that pool of potential. Also, I learned that I feel natural in a relationship (especially when my ex was actually good in our first month together) and I definitely don't seek one-night stands, so I don't want to get Grindr or something like that. Am I desperate enough for Tinder, though? Hm...
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #609 on: January 30, 2018, 07:57:40 AM »

In my political science class, someone asked the professor who the last Republican representative from Maine's 1st district (Portland) was. Prof didn't know.

I immediately said "Jim Longley Jr., son of the former independent governor Jim Longley, swept into Congress in the 1994 Republican Revolution of Newt Gingrich. He lost reelection in 1996."

I was then called an encyclopedia.

I was pretty proud of myself.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #610 on: January 30, 2018, 08:46:24 AM »

In my political science class, someone asked the professor who the last Republican representative from Maine's 1st district (Portland) was. Prof didn't know.

I immediately said "Jim Longley Jr., son of the former independent governor Jim Longley, swept into Congress in the 1994 Republican Revolution of Newt Gingrich. He lost reelection in 1996."

I was then called an encyclopedia.

I was pretty proud of myself.

Hahah, yeah, Atlas and generally, political interests give you deep and rarely useful knowledge, but sometimes it avails you Tongue Where do you go to college? I assume not in Maine, or at least the Prof isn't a Maine native?
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #611 on: January 30, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »

You're a good friend. Nontheless, if he really wants to go with that, you can't really stop him. Emotions are irrational. Warning him would be fine, though, if you believe he'll take it well.
That's what I was thinking I'll do. Warn him, then leave it be and help him pick up the pieces if it comes to that. Thanks for the input. Smiley

Also, I'm thinking that it might be time to download Tinder. I mean, I'm in a university and I'm sure that there are many high-quality guys here, but I don't really meet new people so I'm not tapping (no pun intended) that pool of potential. Also, I learned that I feel natural in a relationship (especially when my ex was actually good in our first month together) and I definitely don't seek one-night stands, so I don't want to get Grindr or something like that. Am I desperate enough for Tinder, though? Hm...
I'm the same way, tbh (or at least I think I am, I'm still closeted so I've never tested it with guys before). Actual relationships >>>>> hookups. I've never used online dating but I've heard that Tinder is only marginally better than Grindr as far as relationships go? IDK
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #612 on: January 30, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »

Given how crazy this semester is going, I'm going to have to cut out this place for a while. At least a month. Unless I lose my job...and even then...

Hopefully once things are a bit more balanced out, I can return. But right now, Atlas is a distraction, and besides this shutdown that just ended, there really isn't that much going on.

Old habits die hard, but I've got to at least try for a month.

Cheers,
  LDS

P.S. I don't use this font unless it is serious. So yeah, I'm out for now.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #613 on: January 30, 2018, 03:22:02 PM »

Given how crazy this semester is going, I'm going to have to cut out this place for a while. At least a month. Unless I lose my job...and even then...

Hopefully once things are a bit more balanced out, I can return. But right now, Atlas is a distraction, and besides this shutdown that just ended, there really isn't that much going on.

Cheers,
  LDS

Smith!!

I hope everything works out and we see you soon Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #614 on: January 30, 2018, 03:24:30 PM »

Cheers,
  LDS

We'll miss you Sad

Best of luck with everything you have going on!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #615 on: January 30, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »

Hopefully a question I wrote whilst working in my MPs parliamentary parliamentary office will get asked in the House of Commons. I know it's only a small thing but is a nice sense of achievement
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #616 on: January 30, 2018, 04:25:59 PM »

I went to take my driver’s test to get my license and failed on the first move 😂. Apparently you’re supposed to look further back on the right than just the passenger side window and the instructor told me to stop even though the other car had a stop sign, which it wasn’t even at yet. My mom and friend said I should’ve argued that, but he was the type to whom that wouldn’t matter. Tbf even though that was a pretty crappy call on his part, I probably shouldn’t be driving anyway. 4 years with a permit and I still suck at it, honestly.

Oh well, that just reinforces my belief that I need to live in a big city with plenty of public transportation, which I already wanted to do.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #617 on: January 30, 2018, 05:57:18 PM »

I went to take my driver’s test to get my license and failed on the first move 😂. Apparently you’re supposed to look further back on the right than just the passenger side window and the instructor told me to stop even though the other car had a stop sign, which it wasn’t even at yet. My mom and friend said I should’ve argued that, but he was the type to whom that wouldn’t matter. Tbf even though that was a pretty crappy call on his part, I probably shouldn’t be driving anyway. 4 years with a permit and I still suck at it, honestly.

Oh well, that just reinforces my belief that I need to live in a big city with plenty of public transportation, which I already wanted to do.
Did you try a bribe?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #618 on: January 30, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »

Is that the first time you've ever taken the test?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #619 on: January 30, 2018, 06:37:03 PM »

I'm such a natural rule follower that that hadn't even crossed my mind Sad

Is that the first time you've ever taken the test?

Yep. I drive with a permit and everything when I have to, but even then I'm not very good at it, honestly. Maybe there was a good, divine reason that that car was at that exact spot in time and I failed. Who knows...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #620 on: January 31, 2018, 06:34:17 AM »

After lunch break, I need to drive one of our company cars to a car center for a "software update" on the brakes ...

I miss the good old days when cars were still cars and not computers.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #621 on: January 31, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »

I ended up moving to a different seat on the bus because I saw a girl across from me staring at me and I thought she was creeped out our disgusted at me but then a bit later that girl moved right next to me (it was two chairs facing forward) and I know she was staring for at least a little bit while next to me. The seat next to my new seat was occupied for a bit and I don't know how long it was unoccupied before she moved. I initially got on after her. I don't know how to feel about this.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #622 on: February 01, 2018, 04:31:03 AM »

Am currently being ghosted by my boyfriend out of the blue Sad.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #623 on: February 01, 2018, 05:25:37 AM »

Oh god I know that feeling so well. Give it some time, but if you feel like it's continuing and not just a matter of bad mood, do try to speak to him about it. I've made the mistake of dragging this through two months, inventing excuses for him until he broke up with me himself. I'm not saying this is what's happening, it sounds like just a momentary bad mood, people have this, so don't get too stressed about it, but do make sure that it doesn't continue for a long time.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #624 on: February 01, 2018, 05:38:16 AM »

Oh god I know that feeling so well. Give it some time, but if you feel like it's continuing and not just a matter of bad mood, do try to speak to him about it. I've made the mistake of dragging this through two months, inventing excuses for him until he broke up with me himself. I'm not saying this is what's happening, it sounds like just a momentary bad mood, people have this, so don't get too stressed about it, but do make sure that it doesn't continue for a long time.

There was about a week where he wasn’t online at all (it’s all long-distance), so I assume she was having some sort of trouble with his phone, and then yesterday he got back online and blocked me on Facebook.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies