Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 12:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142466 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: February 01, 2018, 05:52:48 AM »

Am currently being ghosted by my boyfriend out of the blue Sad.

Oh god I know that feeling so well. Give it some time, but if you feel like it's continuing and not just a matter of bad mood, do try to speak to him about it. I've made the mistake of dragging this through two months, inventing excuses for him until he broke up with me himself. I'm not saying this is what's happening, it sounds like just a momentary bad mood, people have this, so don't get too stressed about it, but do make sure that it doesn't continue for a long time.

There was about a week where he wasn’t online at all (it’s all long-distance), so I assume she was having some sort of trouble with his phone, and then yesterday he got back online and blocked me on Facebook.

Oh... not good. Do try to find a way to speak to him, imo, this might be because of some personal issues at home, but if he continues blocking you and doesn't speak to you for a long time... probably let this go, as hard as it is.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #626 on: February 03, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2018, 12:28:21 AM by Scott🌲 »

For those who are interested, I will be sharing my music projects in this thread on AAD.

(Technically, I'm just uploading my work to Minds and updating the thread when I complete a project, but you need to have an AAD account to see the thread.  So come and join, and writers, painters, and musicians alike - bring your artistry with you!)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #627 on: February 03, 2018, 04:12:05 AM »

So, being a kid who was born from a teenage mother, my grandparents played a very crucial role in my upbringing. Even after leaving Alaska, I still spent my summers with them, and saw my grandma over the holidays. We would speak somewhat regularly over the phone, especially on nights where I got off work late and wanted someone to talk to on my long commute home. Well, over the years, my grandma has been having issues with her memory, mostly small things she forgets here and there, or forgetting conversations she just had. Several months ago, I learned she was finally diagnosed with Alzheimer's and had even forgotten who one of my cousins was, and while it was hard news to take, I was still able to speak with her, our conversations sometimes became very repetitive. I knew things would get worse, but didn't expect to see how much worse how soon. After getting off work tonight, I gave her a call to check up on her and see how she's going. But this time was different. She didn't recognize my voice. She couldn't understand who she was speaking to. And I feel so silly for getting so upset by this because I knew it could happen eventually, but it feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #628 on: February 03, 2018, 04:36:35 AM »

So, being a kid who was born from a teenage mother, my grandparents played a very crucial role in my upbringing. Even after leaving Alaska, I still spent my summers with them, and saw my grandma over the holidays. We would speak somewhat regularly over the phone, especially on nights where I got off work late and wanted someone to talk to on my long commute home. Well, over the years, my grandma has been having issues with her memory, mostly small things she forgets here and there, or forgetting conversations she just had. Several months ago, I learned she was finally diagnosed with Alzheimer's and had even forgotten who one of my cousins was, and while it was hard news to take, I was still able to speak with her, our conversations sometimes became very repetitive. I knew things would get worse, but didn't expect to see how much worse how soon. After getting off work tonight, I gave her a call to check up on her and see how she's going. But this time was different. She didn't recognize my voice. She couldn't understand who she was speaking to. And I feel so silly for getting so upset by this because I knew it could happen eventually, but it feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest.

That must be a hard thing, nothing silly about getting upset about it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #629 on: February 03, 2018, 01:23:46 PM »

That must be a hard thing, nothing silly about getting upset about it.

Yes, it would be wrong not to get upset. It only shows how much you love your grandma.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: February 03, 2018, 01:24:56 PM »

My great fear today is that I will waste the day on board games instead of school work.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #631 on: February 03, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »

My great fear today is that I will waste the day on board games instead of school work.
Do you happen to be a fellow Monopoly fiend?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #632 on: February 03, 2018, 04:47:19 PM »

Do you happen to be a fellow Monopoly fiend?

Nah. My housemate and his crew (so, by extension, the other housemate and I) are into contemporary board games that they spend money on and then I, with them, play.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #633 on: February 04, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »

Went to the grocery store. Picked up this:

The bottom text says "Minneso". So close, yet so far away.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #634 on: February 04, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »

I really want to be out already, but the combination of gym class, crippling anxiety, and the likely transphobic surroundings of North Carolina are desperately trying to convince me that that's a bad idea.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #635 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:13 PM »

I forgot to pick up my basketball tickets and now I have to see if there are any left at the box office at 10 AM tomorrow or I won't be able to go to the Oklahoma-West Virginia game tomorrow and I'm way too salty as a result.

That and the g Patriots are now winning the Super Bowl as I type is busy wrecking my evening.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #636 on: February 05, 2018, 05:47:50 AM »

I'm screwed

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #637 on: February 05, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »

Had an exam in micro economics today. It's one of the scariest exams in the degree, and the fail risk is high- the university basically uses it as a way to winnow the amount of students. And I passed! Barely, but I passed!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #638 on: February 05, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »

I have a crush on a girl who is ten years older than me.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #639 on: February 05, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

Trump would be disappointed.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #640 on: February 05, 2018, 07:28:40 PM »

Nearly got suspended because I compared last year's gubernatorial race to the Special Olympics in my government class.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »

Nearly got suspended because I compared last year's gubernatorial race to the Special Olympics in my government class.

Wow.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #642 on: February 05, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »

Pls DIAF.
NEW JERSEY FOR MENENDEZ
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »

Pls DIAF.
Why does my joke warrant my death?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #644 on: February 05, 2018, 10:52:42 PM »

Trump would be disappointed.

I chuckled at this lol
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #645 on: February 06, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2018, 11:44:30 AM by Jacobin American »

We made it back home to Florida last night. We saw a lot of the country and it was so beautiful. We especially loved Tennessee because the mountains are beyond gorgeous. She loves Florida even more though, since she never saw palm trees before or even been to the ocean. So, I still have a lot to show her. Taking her into historic St. Augustine today and to the beach. My mom already got her an art project that could give her a great opportunity to have her work displayed in the office of an MLB scout. She’s so excited about that. All of my family loves her and she loved them. Basically, this couldn’t have gone better. She’s so happy and I’m happy as hell too.

We also stayed in atlanta on our way here and it was in such an awesome neighborhood. We fell in love with Atlanta. We talked about it and concluded that of the cities we saw, Atlanta is by far our favorite. I think we stayed at a hotel in the Ponce-Highland neighborhood in East Atlanta.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #646 on: February 06, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #647 on: February 06, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »

As long as he doesn't act like our kidnapper in waiting - Sparky - he'll be fine.  Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #648 on: February 06, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »

Pls DIAF.
A little much no? I mean, I'm the poster with the severely disabled brother and I wasn't particularly offended.

We made it back home to Florida last night. We saw a lot of the country and it was so beautiful. We especially loved Tennessee because the mountains are beyond gorgeous. She loves Florida even more though, since she never saw palm trees before or even been to the ocean. So, I still have a lot to show her. Taking her into historic St. Augustine today and to the beach. My mom already got her an art project that could give her a great opportunity to have her work displayed in the office of an MLB scout. She’s so excited about that. All of my family loves her and she loved them. Basically, this couldn’t have gone better. She’s so happy and I’m happy as hell too.

We also stayed in atlanta on our way here and it was in such an awesome neighborhood. We fell in love with Atlanta. We talked about it and concluded that of the cities we saw, Atlanta is by far our favorite. I think we stayed at a hotel in the Ponce-Highland neighborhood in East Atlanta.
If I didn't know any better I'd say you've found TEH WON. Congrats!
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #649 on: February 06, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »

Decided to start looking at colleges. Why the hell does everything cost money?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies