The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:34:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239657 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: May 04, 2018, 10:57:09 AM »

You see, that's why nobody can take the alt-left seriously. You state a simple fact of life and they pile up on you as if you just said that eating live babies is good for your health.

No one takes the "Alt-Left" seriously because it doesn't exist, dude.

Michael Tracey and the whole Young Turks crew, Glenn Greenwald, Amazing Atheist, much of reddit, H.A .Goodman, yes there is an "Alt-Left".

That's not the "alt left", its a bunch of random idiot blowhards. Some aren't even "left" (H.A. Goodman even has "TRUMP 2020" in his Twitter name now)

I haven't seen much activity from Goodman lately, so not surprised he swung to the right. Point is that most of those above commentators have engaged in online left bashing that's been common since the 2016 election. Just to be clear, as much as I steel clear of Bernie Sanders he's nowhere the vitriol of the surrounded group of people cited.

Amazing atheist is literally an alt right libertarian.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1401 on: May 04, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »

Two questions:

1. What exactly are they protesting? They are way more privileged than the average American worker, and they have the loony teacher unions protecting them from losing their third yearly vacation.

2. Aren't they supposed to be teaching?

This post might be worse than GreenLine's post in the thread. While I get that it's an American pastime to talk like an expert about subjects we know virtually nothing about, I think the subject which is spoken about with the most ignorance is education/teaching (though climate science is a close second.) The amount people assume that they know about teaching that is completely wrong is staggering. It's as if I were to say "Why do doctors say their job is so hard? Taking blood pressure and stick needles in people for 300k a year seems pretty easy to me!"
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1402 on: May 04, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »

It just keeps coming:

In 2008, everything that Obama did wrong, they blamed it on Bush.

Right-wingers frequently engage in intellectual dishonesty, but I thought they'd retire this one in the Trump era.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1403 on: May 04, 2018, 03:42:34 PM »

I think the entire thing is disgusting.  BOYS should be in the BOY Scouts, and GIRLS should be in the GIRL Scouts.  That's why the Scout groups are named like they are.  One is for boys, and one is for girls!  I know, how ridiculous!  🙄
CC: Common-sense post thread.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1404 on: May 04, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »

I think the entire thing is disgusting.  BOYS should be in the BOY Scouts, and GIRLS should be in the GIRL Scouts.  That's why the Scout groups are named like they are.  One is for boys, and one is for girls!  I know, how ridiculous!  🙄
you're not allowed to have another opinion according to open minded people
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1405 on: May 04, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »

you're not allowed to have another opinion according to open minded people
How silly of me, I must have forgotten! Tongue
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1406 on: May 04, 2018, 04:33:02 PM »

Hitler did not commit suicide, rather he escaped under a disguise and lived for many years after, helping orchestrate Nazi influence throughout Europe.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1407 on: May 04, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »

I generally feel about Ohio the way IceSpear feels about the people of West Virginia.

You are perfectly free to stay out of the state for the rest of your life. I think we'd all be happier for it. But if you don't want to come, please don't poke your head into this thread and actively advocate for Ohioans to suffer because of your prejudices.

I am loving all these righteous smackdowns. There are states I'm not too fond of because of their politics or whatever, but I there isn't a single state where I'd want the people there to suffer. I just can't understand that complete lack of empathy.

I don't want people in Ohio to suffer, I want them to get the Kuch.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1408 on: May 04, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »

I will never understand what the big deal about abortion is. It should not only be legal, but accepted as a fact of society and encouraged for certain people.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1409 on: May 04, 2018, 06:04:13 PM »

I will never understand what the big deal about abortion is. It should not only be legal, but accepted as a fact of society and encouraged for certain people.
The simple truths thread is the other way.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1410 on: May 04, 2018, 06:10:07 PM »

The simple truths thread is the other way.

I suppose we shall accept and encourage drinking while pregnant.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #1411 on: May 05, 2018, 07:32:48 AM »

Man, there used to be something called "innocent until proven guilty."

No, only juries have ever been obligated to use that standard. Private citizens have always been able to use whatever standard they want to decide whether they think an accused is guilty.

I understand that.  And I especially understand that private citizens have been always able to use whatever standard they want.  I'm saying it's bad.  It's basically a modern lynching.  And yes, this term is appropriate. 
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #1412 on: May 05, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »

No, only juries have ever been obligated to use that standard. Private citizens have always been able to use whatever standard they want to decide whether they think an accused is guilty.

I understand that.  And I especially understand that private citizens have been always able to use whatever standard they want.  I'm saying it's bad.  It's basically a modern lynching.  And yes, this term is appropriate. 

I was referring to being a judge, jury, and executioner before you know the facts.  So, yes, I am right. 
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1413 on: May 05, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »

I was referring to being a judge, jury, and executioner before you know the facts.  So, yes, I am right. 

Do people die though?  Roll Eyes
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1414 on: May 05, 2018, 07:48:36 AM »

I understand that.  And I especially understand that private citizens have been always able to use whatever standard they want.  I'm saying it's bad.  It's basically a modern lynching.  And yes, this term is appropriate.

I was referring to being a judge, jury, and executioner before you know the facts.  So, yes, I am right.  

Do people die though?  Roll Eyes

In America, at least, being judge, jury, and executioner can be a figure of speech.  I don't mean he is really dead.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1415 on: May 05, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »

With Kanye West's endorsement President Donald Trump has doubled his support from black voters.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1416 on: May 05, 2018, 12:38:03 PM »

With Kanye West's endorsement President Donald Trump has doubled his support from black voters.

Going from 1-2, he could be correct.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1417 on: May 05, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

Try from 11-21%
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1418 on: May 05, 2018, 01:23:39 PM »

The "I choose partisanship over accomplishment." is an unfortunate symptom of the modern American political system.  Even if the accomplishment is peace between nations.  If North Korea and South Korea fully re-unify before the 2018 elections and the people of the North get to experience the freedoms of the South and divided families re-unite; then I'm not going to cry about Democrats not winning the House due to that if Republicans get some huge bump for it.
What kind of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense is this? Once again proving the Dems have no fighting spirit.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1419 on: May 05, 2018, 01:58:58 PM »

Personal dislike of people migrating to a new country and bringing their prejudices with them.

Immigration should be about looking for a new start, not reviving old hatreds.
"reviving" implies the hatred had left these bigots for a time.  No, they were taught to hate at as toddlers and have never even thought about letting it go.  It's part of who they are, it's part of their culture, it's part of their religion.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1420 on: May 05, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »

That said...

I live in a city where Chinese people were literally relegated to the swamps. My province used and abused them to build our railroads, run our mines, work our farms, catch our fish, and can our foods. Our white business owners took advantage of the desperation that so many Chinese families felt when they came to Canada, paying them considerably less than they'd pay white labourers. Chinese workers were segregated from others in pitiful conditions, made to do hugely dangerous work, and subjected to cavalier racism on the daily.

Our newspapers and magazines featured white people taming Chinese immigrants in traditional garb like pets, as if it was an accomplishment to domesticate these "exotic" subhumans. Our government enacted racist policies that made Chinese immigrants pay exorbitant "head taxes" upon entry to the country. When that didn't work, we banned them outright for over 20 years.

Their traditional clothing has its own meaning divorced from politics, but it's also a symbol of resilience amidst all the bullsh-t they've had to endure. I imagine that it must be a real mark of pride for Chinese people to wear these clothes. This garb once set them apart and made them a target... now it's a way to celebrate who they are, remember what they've been through, and relay the clear message that they are here and they are strong. These pieces of clothing belong to them.

And then for some basic white girl to come along, strip it of its meaning, and wear it to prom like it's just another consumable accessory...? Not cool. I'm not going to say there are hard and fast rules about cultural appropriation, but this clearly was not thoughtful. If she was being thoughtful she would have humbled herself and made a different choice, because there were many others that would have allowed her to avoid even being construed as disprespecting an entire group of people. Instead, she wore it. Because the only thing she was really thinking about was herself.

This (at least the first half) is an excellent post. It's a shame that Asian-American and Asian-Canadian history has been systematically excluded from the educational curriculum.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1421 on: May 05, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »

The "I choose partisanship over accomplishment." is an unfortunate symptom of the modern American political system.  Even if the accomplishment is peace between nations.  If North Korea and South Korea fully re-unify before the 2018 elections and the people of the North get to experience the freedoms of the South and divided families re-unite; then I'm not going to cry about Democrats not winning the House due to that if Republicans get some huge bump for it.
What kind of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense is this? Once again proving the Dems have no fighting spirit.
"The Depression was good because it led to the New Deal"
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1422 on: May 05, 2018, 04:18:46 PM »

Try from 11-21%

Trump got about 8% of blacks at best, and it wasn't because of Hillary's popularity with them. Many black people couldn't stand Hillary, yet Trump was such a bad & racially problematic candidate that they felt forced to vote her.

I wouldn't expect a socially conservative person of fair skin from Iowa to understand why Trump is so unpopular among minorities, though.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1423 on: May 05, 2018, 04:27:42 PM »

I wouldn't expect a socially conservative person of fair skin from Iowa to understand why Trump is so unpopular among minorities, though.
Nice, some racism posted right into the thread.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1424 on: May 05, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »

Nice, some racism posted right into the thread.

You are racist for implying that "fair skin" is a bad thing.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies