Why Do Roseanne Barr and Kanye West Support Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 02:13:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why Do Roseanne Barr and Kanye West Support Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Why Do Roseanne Barr and Kanye West Support Trump?  (Read 3793 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2018, 08:57:41 AM »

First of all, Roseanne is not a Jill Stein leftist. She actually hates Stein with a personal passion. They had a very nasty fight for the Green nomination.

She may not align personally, but politically there are cut from very similar cloth.

But as to the question, the answer is clear and simple: they stand for the working people.

lololol

LOL
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 08:58:54 AM »

A finger to the "establishment", even though they disagree completely on most issues. Also Jill Stein who constantly barraged Hillary on Twitter but never peeped about Trump.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 09:01:35 AM »

I'm pretty sure Kanye greatly admires Trump as a personality: they're both successful celebrities who rely on an image cultivated by excessive braggadocio. The politics came after.

(I have no idea who Roseanne Barr is.)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »

They're contrarians who are vying for attention and publicity.

This is all it is. Neither now seem to care too greatly about politics nor how it affect regular people.
They're celebrities, after all. As with Trump, it's about the ratings.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 10:09:26 AM »

"I'm a poor worker, waaah, I don't get everything I want, I neglected my education and had children as a teenager and never left my dying small town and dug myself into a hole of debt and and I'm going to blame the entire rest of the planet except myself for it! waah!"

- Apparently the people that Roseanne Barr and Kayne West want Trump to support.

I cannot imagine the above poster having any sort of empathy.

Since he has said he only keeps "friends" that are "useful to him", he doesn't.

I might have said "useful," but what I meant was that I found value in. I'm not going to try to help someone who wouldn't even appreciate my helping them. If someone's going to be a jerk to me they can rot.

That's why I don't want to pay to dig the "working class" out of the hole some of them have put themselves in. If they won't treat me with any gratitude or appreciation, I don't feel like they should expect any of my taxpayer dollars.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 10:28:07 AM »

I wish we could throw a third ethnic in this group and it would perfectly explain everything I support in politics. Did Gay Talese support Obama initially as well?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »

Hollywood isn't unanimously liberal, just like in the case of Kid Rock as well. But, they play towards the secular media and Y2K generation and they are overwhelmingly liberal.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2018, 01:53:21 PM »

"I'm a poor worker, waaah, I don't get everything I want, I neglected my education and had children as a teenager and never left my dying small town and dug myself into a hole of debt and and I'm going to blame the entire rest of the planet except myself for it! waah!"

- Apparently the people that Roseanne Barr and Kayne West want Trump to support.

I might have said "useful," but what I meant was that I found value in. I'm not going to try to help someone who wouldn't even appreciate my helping them. If someone's going to be a jerk to me they can rot.

That's why I don't want to pay to dig the "working class" out of the hole some of them have put themselves in. If they won't treat me with any gratitude or appreciation, I don't feel like they should expect any of my taxpayer dollars.
nah you're a funny guy.just relax man.if you're actually making some money trading now why stay angry
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »

I think a key point here is that Kanye has yet to name a single POLICY of the Republican Party or Trump that he actually supports and likes. Not the wall, not the tax breaks, he's not yelling about there only being 2 genders, ect. He's just saying vague stuff about keeping an open mind and "bringing empathy to MAGA" and such. 

That's why I think this more about getting attention/causing controversy more than anything else.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »

nah you're a funny guy.just relax man.if you're actually making some money trading now why stay angry

I try my best not to get angry... but when the "working class" seems to think that I owe them some of my hard earned money to help them erase whatever mistakes they made in their life, that's where I have a problem.

No one put a gun to these people's head and told them to have children as a teenager, or not to go to college, or to take the easy way out and get a job that would be made obsolete instead of aiming higher, or to get into a bunch of credit card debt, or to take out a mortgage that they couldn't afford.

So why should I have to suffer for their decisions? And why should they treat me like it's my responsibility to fix their mistakes?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »

Maybe because both of them have always been awful?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »

I try my best not to get angry... but when the "working class" seems to think that I owe them some of my hard earned money to help them erase whatever mistakes they made in their life, that's where I have a problem.

No one put a gun to these people's head and told them to have children as a teenager, or not to go to college, or to take the easy way out and get a job that would be made obsolete instead of aiming higher, or to get into a bunch of credit card debt, or to take out a mortgage that they couldn't afford.

So why should I have to suffer for their decisions? And why should they treat me like it's my responsibility to fix their mistakes?
well,even if you didn't become poor from getting into an accident.. or for medical reasons..its not great to have a bunch of people in poverty that might otherwise recover.sort of makes us all worse off.but i get your point.some people really are just poor because they're irresponsible.i know this guy in massive debt that refused to declare bankruptcy or do anything to improve his situation.too lazy to apply for food stamps.wouldn't cut back on anything.eventually his room mate ditched him because she got tired of bailing him out.if people won't help themselves you can't help them
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »

Everyone knows that Roseanne is crazy as a bat, and probably Kanye too, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 06:34:47 PM »

I think a key point here is that Kanye has yet to name a single POLICY of the Republican Party or Drumpf that he actually supports and likes. Not the wall, not the tax breaks, he's not yelling about there only being 2 genders, ect. He's just saying vague stuff about keeping an open mind and "bringing empathy to MAGA" and such. 

That's why I think this more about getting attention/causing controversy more than anything else.

That's true of a lot of Trump's "accomplishments." He is in office during certain successes but no one can seem to connect a policy to that success. "Lowest black unemployment ever!"-Okay, what did he do to make that happen? Trump seems to think his mere position in the Oval Office is somehow enough. Unfortunately, too many people will probably still buy into that premise.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »

For the attention, probably.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:56 PM »

Roseanne Barr supports Trump because social media has melted her brain. Coincidentally, this is actually why Roseanne Barr is incredibly relatable, not because her dumb show and it's fake working class nonsense or her supporting trump or whatever.

Something at the root of Barr, West, and Trump is narcissism. In fact, narcissism seems to be the element that brings a lot of people who otherwise would be ideologically diverse into the Trump fold. Years ago, Piers Morgan and Alex Jones had an infamous gun debate where Jones basically shouted the whole time. Morgan and Jones both support Trump almost unequivocally.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »

With Kanye West's endorsement President Donald Trump has doubled his support from black voters.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2018, 04:30:28 PM »

With Kanye West's endorsement President Donald Trump has doubled his support from black voters.

are they complete idiots?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2018, 04:49:02 PM »

from 1 to 2 people?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »

from 1 to 2 people?

If Trump was supported by 15% of black voters (I don't exactly know, but probably somewhere around there) and this doubled his support to 30%, does that mean 15% of black voters are really so dumb as to be swayed by some mentally ill celebrity's endorsement?

Honestly if that's true, that means his increase in support is probably from high school dropouts or similarly unaware and uneducated people.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »

from 1 to 2 people?

If Trump was supported by 15% of black voters (I don't exactly know, but probably somewhere around there) and this doubled his support to 30%, does that mean 15% of black voters are really so dumb as to be swayed by some mentally ill celebrity's endorsement?

Honestly if that's true, that means his increase in support is probably from high school dropouts or similarly unaware and uneducated people.
No Republican in the 21st century has reached double digits in the black vote, let alone 15%. 30% is pretty much impossible bar a major party alignment.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »

from 1 to 2 people?

No Republican in the 21st century has reached double digits in the black vote, let alone 15%. 30% is pretty much impossible bar a major party alignment.
i hope we get to that point
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »

from 1 to 2 people?

i hope we get to that point
If the party system actually had black voters as swingy, then both parties probably are at least economically moderate, with social issues being the divider.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2018, 05:08:53 PM »

from 1 to 2 people?

Or possibly... College Dropouts

(I'll see myself out)

Also krazen is wrong, per usual. If anything, Kanye's statements will turn people away from Kanye, not towards Trump.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »

1. Roseanne Barr is one of those Jill Stein-style leftists whose main dislike is for the political center, and is more willing to entertain far-right theories than she is anything that reflects the so-called "neoliberal consensus."
I almost wonder if this is confirmation of the horseshoe effect, at least in part.

In Germany, we have a technical historical term for such kind of cooperation: Querfront.

As for Kanye, he simply suffers from the same megalomanic syndrome as Trump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies