UPDATED: Your chance to influence national policy!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:23:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  UPDATED: Your chance to influence national policy!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: UPDATED: Your chance to influence national policy!  (Read 14069 times)
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »
« edited: June 25, 2005, 07:53:13 PM by KillerPollo »

Oh, yeah, KP, we can cut off your water! Bwahahahah! Grin

dude. Don't start anything! i can always get water from the empire south of my border

oh btw... i also own the largest land port in America (Laredo). Too bad i dont have houston though!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2005, 07:56:33 PM »

No oil for me unfortunately, but I do hold lots of iron mines, and lots of farms. Plus my nation will become a popular tourist resort due to us having the highest number of strip clubs per capita of any nation in the world!

I will be willing to make an open exachange for you.  Coal for Iron.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2005, 08:00:51 PM »

well 70 was more of a strategic move if this is a military game, I would like to have Lake Erie to move ships troops and supplies up to New York.  If I cannot have 70, could I have 114 then?

I'll call 114 Lactasia, and 99 Cerealous.

any way of making pact w/ ya! cause... you know you're like WAY beyond 300 miles from me.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2005, 08:01:38 PM »

I'll take 60 and 49 then!...  POPULISTS CON CARNE!
Btw! name my territory, Zombocom!
i'll control 1/2 the border region... This way i might easily trade with the at-the-time, Mexican Empire. lol

*snarls*
finders keepers!

BTW, do either of you want to purchase some aging but still capable fighter jets? The Wyoming Air Force is getting rid of F/A-18's and F/A-22's formerly of NORAD, instead focusing on the F-35 and newer fighters. You can have plenty of cheap missile parts to go along with your cheap fighters (no uranium, though; although we're scrapping 1/2 the nukes in our territory and selling the missiles for parts, the uranium itself is staying in-house for power plant production).

Can the Revolutionary Minnesotan Armed Forces obtain these, or do you not deal with commies?

F/A-18's only for you. No F/A-22's or missile parts.

I'll be honest. My goals for Wyoming are...
1. Don't be conquered.
2. Make money, or at least make as much as I can spend.
3. Take over the rest of Nebraska and maybe South Dakota. (My only offensive military objectives, really; i don't want to conquer the world, just a little corner). Colorado, Utah, etc. are iffy at best, and I'll only try to take Idaho or Montana if i'm attacked by them (I'll agree to peace, prosperity, and trade with these two neighbors if they agree to play nice).
4. Make cool stuff.

For military, I've got a couple air force bases plus (i think) NORAD and a little army presence. That means Wyoming will be air-force heavy in its military structure, with almost no navy whatsoever (just a couple riverboats that are part of the army). I'll keep only a few nukes (for deterrant purposes only), sell off older fighters, heavy bombers, and stuff that I won't be able to afford, and develop new technologies. Basically, the air-force will consist of a mix of relatively low-cost fighters. helicopters and drone craft with the point being air-superiority and infrantry-support. The armies will be mainly motorized infrantry, possibly with horse units for the deep mountains(!).

Incidentally, I'd also like to ally with oil-bearing countries. Not in opposition to SuperSoulty, but just to secure my own fairly modest needs. And i do mean modest, i'm wondering if it makes sense to have turboprops instead of jets for many aircraft to save fuel... Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »

Oh, yeah, KP, we can cut off your water! Bwahahahah! Grin

dude. Don't start anything! i can always get water from the empire south of my border

oh btw... i also own the largest land port in America (Laredo). Too bad i dont have houston though!

I have no intention of starting a conflict with ya - I'm just warning you against any more moves north into NM. Wink And dragging Mexico into this may be beyond the scope of the game - up to the guy running this, I suppose. But if pressed, I could dry out most of your territory, since I control the Rio Grande and the Pecos as well. I'd rather just do as Ernest did and impose a light water tax. Cheesy

And as for intentions, in addition to Area 51, I also intend to control the rest of the Upper Rio Grande, which will necessitate controlling areas 55 and 56, judging by the river maps I've found. I'm intending to be a free-trading state, and to serve as a bridge between Ernest and Bob/Goldwater economically, if they're up for it. Cheesy
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2005, 08:16:23 PM »

since I control the Rio Grande and the Pecos as well. I'd rather just do as Ernest did and impose a light water tax. Cheesy

Since when?! i thought I controlled that part of the rio BRAVO, since it should be under my jurisdiction!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2005, 08:17:25 PM »

So what sort of alliances have been formed? I'm within range to ally with the following:

Blerpiez
bullmoose88
Supersoulty
Akno21
Judge Al
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2005, 08:19:17 PM »

So what sort of alliances have been formed? I'm within range to ally with the following:

Blerpiez
bullmoose88
Supersoulty
Akno21
Judge Al

Oh yeah! i forgot! well, i guess i'll just have to give up on 51, and befriend WMS
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2005, 08:28:35 PM »

Blerpiez
bullmoose88
Supersoulty
Akno21
Judge Al

Oh yeah! i forgot! well, i guess i'll just have to give up on 51, and befriend WMS

That'll work for me. Kiki

And the Pecos flows in my territory, BTW. Tongue

'Rio Bravo'? Is that your name for the Rio Grande?
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »

Blerpiez
bullmoose88
Supersoulty
Akno21
Judge Al

yes! i basically should control the entire border area of the rio bravo
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2005, 08:39:04 PM »

Blerpiez
bullmoose88
Supersoulty
Akno21
Judge Al

yes! i basically should control the entire border area of the rio bravo
Ah, got it. I think you pulled off control of the Lower Rio Grande and I'm working on control of the Upper Rio Grande...which is in 5 flippin' regions, so I have my work cut out for me. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2005, 09:04:03 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2005, 09:05:39 PM by Adam Griffin »

I'm not exactly sure of the locations of all the rivers you mentioned, but a water source cannot be controlled unless all or part of it is entirely within your territory, and considering the Rio Grande runs between two nations, it really can't be controlled as a water source. Of course you could harness any tributaries that come off of it into your territories.

However, later in the future when Mexico is added to the map (no claims now please), if you have territories on either side of a river, you may control the section in which both territories are across each other from.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2005, 09:13:02 PM »

why on earth will we be adding Mexico?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2005, 09:14:47 PM »

I'm not exactly sure of the locations of all the rivers you mentioned, but a water source cannot be controlled unless all or part of it is entirely within your territory, and considering the Rio Grande runs between two nations, it really can't be controlled as a water source. Of course you could harness any tributaries that come off of it into your territories.

However, later in the future when Mexico is added to the map (no claims now please), if you have territories on either side of a river, you may control the section in which both territories are across each other from.

That's why I checked online maps on this one. The Rio Grande starts in southern Colorado and flows south to the El Paso area, where it turns southeast to go to the Gulf. I currently control the southward flow, which is the primary one. Smiley There are tributaries running into the Rio Grande from Mexico, but they are much more minor than the southward flow. The Pecos starts in San Miguel County in NM, which I control. Wink I live in the SW, so of course I keep an eye on the water supplies. Grin
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2005, 09:16:05 PM »

Well, it's not definite. However, it territory is sucked up too fast and there are more willing new players, it will probably be added. Plus, more territory = more challenge.

WMS - Well done.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2005, 09:32:55 PM »

Thanks. You have to actually live out here to get the overwhelming importance of 'who controls the water'. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2005, 09:37:49 PM »

I guess so. Here we have tons of water. =p
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2005, 09:39:03 PM »

No oil for me unfortunately, but I do hold lots of iron mines, and lots of farms. Plus my nation will become a popular tourist resort due to us having the highest number of strip clubs per capita of any nation in the world!

I will be willing to make an open exachange for you.  Coal for Iron.

Having access to the port of Houston, I will be chartering the Gulf of Mexico Oil Corp. (GMOC), and encourage Harry to join me in this venture. I will be willing to make an open exchange with both of you, oil for iron and coal. You shouldn't rely too much on those unstable Alaskans. Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2005, 09:46:44 PM »

Thanks. You have to actually live out here to get the overwhelming importance of 'who controls the water'. Wink

Here, it's not who controls it so much as 'will we get it', but I sympathise Sad
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2005, 09:48:12 PM »

Here, it's not who controls it so much as 'will we get it', but I sympathise Sad

Drought is a big issue here, too. This year's been OK, but the previous 5 years or so were not good. Sad
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2005, 09:49:45 PM »

Dirty Imperialist. Tongue

But I have nukes. Wink Besides, the Hispanics in Area 51 self-identify as 'Spanish' instead of Mexican, whereas the Hispanics in Area 49 self-identify more with Mexico. Area 51 is more likely to be loyal to their kin in northern NM. Cheesy

If regions have special powers, I just collapse the stock market and bond market and everyone is up sh**t creek.

Oh yeah?  I've got Hollywood; I'll stop all production of reality shows! (Surprise!!!!!)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2005, 09:51:08 PM »

Dirty Imperialist. Tongue

But I have nukes. Wink Besides, the Hispanics in Area 51 self-identify as 'Spanish' instead of Mexican, whereas the Hispanics in Area 49 self-identify more with Mexico. Area 51 is more likely to be loyal to their kin in northern NM. Cheesy

If regions have special powers, I just collapse the stock market and bond market and everyone is up sh**t creek.

Oh yeah? I've got Hollywood; I'll stop all production of reality shows! (Surprise!!!!!)

OMG NO

Oh yeah... well... I'll...

Stop the Indy 500?

No, then we couldn't have the toppling of gender-based stereotypes with Danica Patrick Sad

WELL I'LL STILL DO SOMETHING BAD!  INDIANA HAS SOMETHING UP ITS SLEEVE!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2005, 11:37:49 PM »

Are you gonna block off the Mississippi, thereby blocking port access to New Orleans? :-p
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2005, 11:47:16 PM »

Are you gonna block off the Mississippi, thereby blocking port access to New Orleans? :-p

Ouch, port blocking. Good thing I control a decent sized port. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2005, 11:48:32 PM »

Let's clarify some things. Are these points permanent?

Territory Stat Point System:

MTLSTR:
ECOSTR:
ALLSTR:

10 Points Total

MTLSTR - Military Strength: Each point adds an attack point to each of your troops in how much damage they do each hour. For example, if your army size is 49,000 and you have 3 military strength points, your army will do approximately 147,000 damage per hour.
So if you need to have at least 1 MILSTR point to do damage?

Yes.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
By budget do you mean your gross product, or your actual governmental budget? Tax rates are 4%, can't you just raise those?

I've decided to abolish the tax rates, seeing as the federal government plays no role in the game.

How many people can be in an alliance? Wouldn't you just want one alliance?

There are different types of alliances, economic and military, so you may or may not want more than one. An infinite number of people can be in an alliance, but all have to be linked by a certain geographic distance (read my post in the other topic).

Is there more to it than just hit points? Otherwise one soldier could defeat 10 million given enough time.

Well typically when one person declares war, the other territory knows about it. Sheer size of the army doesn't necessarily matter though, as population, MILSTR, and alliances will inevitably determine the outcome.

More War Costs and Rules:

#1: Base cost of war is $45,000,000 per day plus (100 x # of military units).
Do you only pay this for troops that are actually at war?

Yes.

Do they come with base? How do you know how long your boundaries are for a wall?

You determine the location of the base, but yes, you will have two free bases in the beginning of the game. You buy your boundaries, determine to which points you want them, and they will be measured in miles.

That's weirtd that allied forces move faster.

Yeah, kinda.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies