2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:39:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152903 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: June 03, 2013, 05:39:03 AM »

Tbh, Nader wouldn't hit above 3% nationally. He's just not relevant now and he wasn't in 2008.

Thank you all for your advices, but I think it's better by PM. Certainly, almost all of you would be better moderators than I am, but I decided to replace Spamage, so I am the moderator. I make mistakes, but I'm sure you also would and I wouldn't post here telling you what are my feelings.

Nader got 3% in 2000. Superique and Maxwell are running a great campaign (better than Nader 2000's campaign, if we can compare -we can't...-) and 1/5 of Americans think they won their respective debates.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1551 on: June 03, 2013, 05:44:52 AM »

OOC: It's kind of unfair posting the answers before the two other guys, writing  long answers and getting lower margins than on the other debate :/

Nader is a fringe, radical candidate for about 90% of the US population. The fact that 16% of Americans thought he was the winner of this debate and 20% the last one should be considered a huge win. McCain and Dean will always have the support of their bases, some people who, no matter what, will claim that their candidate won, don't you think?

Well Ok. Thank you... Next time, I'll go with a moderate republican-democrat candidate...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1552 on: June 03, 2013, 05:53:12 AM »

OOC: It's kind of unfair posting the answers before the two other guys, writing  long answers and getting lower margins than on the other debate :/

Nader is a fringe, radical candidate for about 90% of the US population. The fact that 16% of Americans thought he was the winner of this debate and 20% the last one should be considered a huge win. McCain and Dean will always have the support of their bases, some people who, no matter what, will claim that their candidate won, don't you think?

Well Ok. Thank you... Next time, I'll go with a moderate republican-democrat candidate...

Moderate republicans don't win elections either Tongue
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1553 on: June 03, 2013, 06:27:11 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2013, 04:57:11 PM by JulioMadrid »

October 21st -October 27th starts now!

Foreign policy debate tomorrow!!

Bloomberg wins the townhall debate, keeps his momentum growing.

Does Patty Murray really want to win this election?

What-if any candidate gets +269 EVs? Some House Leaders indicate the House should vote for the winner of the popular vote, some disagree.

This election has more tied states than 1976!!

Lieutenant Governor John Bohlinger (R-MT) and Representative Earl Pomeroy (D-ND) endorse Michael Bloomberg. (More endorsements to come later... If you PM me.)

EDIT: RI2DH party Chairman Jimmy McMillan (RI2DH-NY), fmr. Governor Buddy Roemer (R-LA), filmmaker Michael Moore (D-MI), actress Meryl Streep (I-NJ) and Representative Barbara Lee (D-TX) endorse Ralph Nader!

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) indicates he may vote for Bloomberg, while senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT), Representative Mark Kirk (R-IL) and fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan (R-NY) "I know Ronnie would be campaigning for McCain if he were alive, but I prefer Bloomberg" formally endorse Michael Bloomberg!

National poll + map to be released next week.

State polls:

Hawaii
Dean 35%
Bloomberg 29%
Nader 18%
McCain 13%
Undecided 5%

Minnesota
Dean 32%
Bloomberg 27%
McCain 27%
Nader 10%
Undecided 4%

Illinois
Dean 35%
Bloomberg 30%
McCain 23%
Nader 8%

Pennsylvania
Dean 32%
Bloomberg 32%
McCain 27%
Nader 5%
Undecided 4%

California
Dean 38%
Bloomberg 34%
McCain 17%
Nader 7%
Undecided 4%

West Virginia
McCain 35%
Dean 33%
Bloomberg 21%
Nader 6%
Undecided 5%

Arkansas
McCain 30%
Bloomberg 30%
Dean 29%
Nader 7%
Undecided 4%

Ohio
Bloomberg 30%
Dean 29%
McCain 27%
Nader 9%
Undecided 5%

*Taken before any of the posts below.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1554 on: June 03, 2013, 07:06:19 AM »

Arkasnsas and Ohio.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1555 on: June 03, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »

I have some relatives over at my house for a few days, so it might be a little while until my next post is up.  Just wanted to let you know.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1556 on: June 03, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »

P-Murr for Veep '08: On the Road 10/21-10/27

10/21:
Flight to Iowa
Speech on Agriculture in Ames, Iowa with Sen. Tom Vilsack
Meeting with Party Leaders in Des Moines, Iowa

10/22:
Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Rally in Ames, Iowa
Rally in Iowa City, Iowa

10/23:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Fundraiser in Des Moines, Iowa
Speech on Taxation in Dubuque, Iowa

"For too long, my fellow Americans, the Bush tax cuts have ruined our Democrat-created surplus solely for the benefit of the rich and powerful. This is manifestly unfair. As President, Governor Dean will not stand for this kind of behavior from the Republican Party, and neither will I as Vice President. It is unfair to take away health care and unemployment benefits from the poor and give to the rich simply because they are rich. It is unfair to deny millions of hard-working Iowans the protections they need to give some CEO's son another mansion with a car elevator, and it is especially unfair to deny every American the right to see Howard Dean's sexy body dipped in chocolate because certain people are ringing alarm bells that we're out of money when they are the very same people drying up the money supply by taking from the many to give to the few."

10/24:
Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
Meeting with Party Leaders in Waterloo, Iowa
Rally in Davenport, Iowa

10/25:
Flight to Wisconsin
Rally in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Rally in Bellevue, Wisconsin

10/26:
Rally in Madison, Wisconsin
Meeting with Party Leaders in Madison, Wisconsin
Rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

10/27:
Rally in Janesville, Wisconsin
Fundraiser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Rally in Appleton, Wisconsin
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1557 on: June 03, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

Evan Bayh Schedule for Week of October 21st
10/21/2008
-Flight to California
-Rally in Los Angeles, CA
-Town Hall in San Jose, Ca

10/22/2008
-Rally in Fresno, CA
-Rally in Bakersfield, CA
-Town Hall in Anaheim, CA
"Y'Know, neither Senator McCain or Governor Dean's Campaigns have taken any time to visit California. They think its too far Democratic to be competitive. Well, Mike and I disagree. California is going bold in November!"

10/23/2008
-Flight to Michigan
-Town Hall in Flint, MI
-Rally in Battle Creek, MI
-Rally in Alma, MI
-Town Hall in Okemos, MI

10/24/2008
-Flight to Pennsylvania
-Rally in Hazleton, PA
-Rally in Lock Haven, PA
"We're gonna show Dean and McCain that 8 Is Enough!"

10/25/2008
-Town Hall in Allentown, PA
-Rally in Allentown, PA
-Rally in York, PA
-Rally in New Castle, PA

10/26/2008
-Town Hall in Fairfield, OH
-Rally in Garfield Heights, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH
"Ma'am, we recognize what manufacturing does for the state economy. And over the past few years, there've been fewer and fewer. Our plan offers tax cuts to those companies that insource jobs back here, and punishes those that outsource. It's time to rebuild the middle class under a Bloomberg Administration!"

10/27/2008
-Flight to Indiana
-Rally in Indianapolis, IN
-Rest
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1558 on: June 03, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2013, 03:43:18 PM by NHI »

Final Presidential Debate: Amended with additional questions

SCHIEFFER: Good evening. And welcome to the third and last presidential debate of 2008, sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates. I'm Bob Schieffer of CBS News.

The rules tonight are simple. The subject is foreign and domestic policy. I will divide the next hour-and-a-half into nine-minute segments.

I will ask a question at the beginning of each segment. Each candidate will then have two minutes to respond, and then we'll have a discussion.

I'll encourage them to ask follow-up questions of each other. If they do not, I will.

The audience behind me has promised to be quiet, except at this moment, when we welcome Senator John McCain, Governor Howard Dean, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Mr. Ralph Nader.

Gentlemen, welcome.

Schieffer: Let us begin right off tonight. Much has been said about the lessons of Vietnam. It is 2008 and the Iraq War has lasted for five years with what would seem no end in site. To all of you, what do you see as the lessons of Iraq?

Schieffer: To Governor Dean, do you think more troops -- more U.S. troops should be sent to Afghanistan, how many, and when?

Schieffer: Now the the subject of student loans. Total student loan debt is expected to hit $1 trillion in 2012, and a record number of Americans are now in debt thanks to such loans. Mr. Nader What would Obama do to further address the growth in both debt and the cost of college, and how would he ensure that more Americans can afford a college education?

Schieffer: To all the candidates Mexico is being torn apart by a civil war to control the drug routes to the United States. Many Mexican leaders urge drug legalization in the U.S. in order to move the drug trade away from violent criminals to legitimate business. If a Mexican president asked you to consider such a step, what would you answer and why?

Schieffer: Mayor Bloomberg and two minute followup from the other candidates., what is your reading on the threat to Iran right now to the security of the United States?

Schieffer: Governor Dean, Canada is our largest trading partner and most important energy supplier. What do you see as the major issues between the U.S. and Canada, and what would you do to strengthen this supremely important relationship?

Schieffer: Mr. Nader, Russia, goes to you. How do you see the relationship with Russia? Do you see them as a competitor? Do you see them as an enemy? Do you see them as a potential partner?

Schieffer: To all the candidates, should the United States return to the Gold Standard?

Schieffer: Senator McCain how would a McCain Presidency differ in terms of foreign policy than the Presidency of Bush?

Schieffer: I will allow a one minute followup from each candidate to that last question.

Schieffer: The time has come for closing statements. By a drawing of straws Mr. Nader will go first followed by Governor Dean, Mayor Bloomberg and Senator McCain.

Schieffer: Senator McCain, Governor Dean, Mayor Bloomberg, Mr. Nader thank you very much.

This concludes the final debate. I'm Bob Schieffer of CBS News, and I will leave you tonight with what my mother always said -- go vote now. It will make you feel big and strong. Good night everyone.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1559 on: June 03, 2013, 10:09:47 PM »

Jesse Ventura (Nader Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: October 21 - October 27

October 21
-Rally in Blaine, MN
-Rally in Pymouth, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Paul, MN

Ten years ago, I shocked the whole world with my election as governor, and it was because of the people of Minnesota that made that happen. The media said I couldn't win; they called me unelectable. Well, now we have someone else who's just as much of a rebel as me, and his name is Ralph Nader. These same people in the media say that Nader can't win, and that he's an unelectable candidate. Well, why don't we shock the world again, Minnesota?

October 22
-Rally in St. Cloud, MN
-Rally in Woodbury, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rochester, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Duluth, MN

October 23
-Rally in Maple Grove, MN
-Rally in Eden Prairie, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bloomington, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Brooklyn Park, MN

October 24
-Rally in Sitka, AK
-Rally in Juneau, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fairbanks, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Anchorage, AK

October 25
-Rally in Hilo, HI
-Rally in Koolaupoko, HI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Ewa, HI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Honolulu, HI

Understand, I'm voting for Ralph because he actually means what he says, unlike the lying crooks that populate Washington. I believe him when he says that he'll pull our troops out of the Middle East, because he's been opposed to the wars from the very beginning and has vehemently fought against the policies of Bush and Cheney. How could I trust a Democrat like Howard Dean to fulfill that promise? Remember, the Democrats got control of both houses of Congress in the 2006 midterms, and all they need to do to stop the wars is to just stop funding it. So, why haven't they done that yet? Something tells me that they're not serious about their agenda. Bloomberg was a strong supporter of the War on Terror for a while, and now you're telling me he's changed his mind on that? And McCain? Please, he's just another Bush.

October 26
-Rally in Waterloo, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Iowa City, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

October 27
-Rally in Biddeford, ME
-Rally in Auburn, ME
-Rally in Bangor, ME
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portland, ME

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1560 on: June 03, 2013, 10:16:33 PM »

OOC: I actually visited California on my last schedule. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1561 on: June 04, 2013, 12:06:53 AM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Too Extreme

Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, bringing up past quotes from former Governor Howard Dean. It will air in all fifty states, with a specific target in larger cities, aiming towards African-American voters.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Announcer: Even fellow Democrats agree on Howard Dean's divisiveness.

Barack Obama Voice-over:

Oprah Winfrey: I support Michael Bloomberg because of his proven ability at working with individuals of all stripes, and as President, I know we will all go forward as one. Please join me in voting for Mike Bloomberg and Evan Bayh on November 4th.

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I approve this message.
[/quote]
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1562 on: June 04, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »

OOC: I actually visited California on my last schedule. Tongue

OOC: I did as well a few weeks ago. That was where I gave the speech about dipping Dean in chocolate.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1563 on: June 04, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »

Joe Lieberman: It's Time for Michael Bloomberg!

AP - A pleasant surprise came to the Bloomberg campaign today when a close friend of John McCain and former Vice Presidential nominee for the Democratic Party Joe Lieberman (D-CT) formally endorsed Michael Bloomberg. His endorsement not only boosts Bloomberg on foreign policy, but also gives him the support of almost every leader in Connecticut, a state many are starting to believe will fall into the Bloomberg column on Election Night. Joe Lieberman has also been seen as a political leader of the Jewish community, so his endorsement should help Bloomberg, who is also Jewish, with the Jewish vote.

Joe Lieberman joins the Bloomberg Camp

I have great respect for John McCain, and consider him a dear friend. However, putting personal feelings aside, I formally endorse Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh today. Mike's campaign is all about bi-partisanship and moderation, which is something I am all about as well. Eight years is enough - I am tired of the way Washington D.C. is trending, and I think if we continue to elect the same time of leaders, it's only going to get worse. Electing Bloomberg may be our last chance to start turning this country around before we erupt into complete chaos.

My concern with Bloomberg, for a while, had been his experience on foreign policy, especially compared to Senator McCain's. However, the last debate convinced me that not only is Mike clearly the most prepared to help salvage our economy, but he would also serve the best as Commander-In-Chief, and I have full confidence in his abilities.

I ask the good people of Connecticut, as well as those across America, to join me in electing real leaders to the White House on November 4th. Join me in supporting Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh.

Nancy Reagan: I'm Voting For Bloomberg!

AP - Michael Bloomberg's standing with conservatives improved today when Nancy Reagan, wife of former President Ronald Reagan, endorsed his campaign. While citing her husband would have likely supported McCain, Reagan cited the need for out-of-the-box thinking as her reason for endorsing Bloomberg.

Nancy Reagan lends her support to Bloomberg

Today, I am proud to announce that I will be voting for Mayor Bloomberg and Senator Bayh on November 4th.

We need out-of-the-box thinking in Washington D.C. As President, Ronnie worked with a Democratic Congress to solve our nations problems, and our country as a whole benefited from this instance of bi-partisanship.

Now, Ronnie may be supporting McCain if he were still with us today, due to ideological reasons. But I'm looking past ideology today - our nation is declining, and I think we need something special, something different, to get the job done. George Washington warned us of the dangers of political parties, and he's absolutely right: they're largely responsible for the state we're in today. Michael Bloomberg represents bi-partisan leadership - he's not tied down to a political party, trying to persuade his decisions, as Bush has been, and as Governor Dean and Senator McCain would be.

I urge my fellow Americans to not vote by party, but to vote by principle. Vote for real leadership: Vote Michael Bloomberg!

Mark Kirk: Bloomberg or Dean? I'll take Bloomberg

AP - Bloomberg's chances of winning Illinois improved today when Congressman Mark Kirk (R-IL) endorsed his campaign for President, citing that the race was essentially down to Bloomberg and Dean, and Bloomberg is the better option.

Mark Kirk says he'll vote for Bloomberg

Like most Republicans, when this race started, I supported Senator McCain. He has more experience than any other candidate, and at the beginning appeared poised to victory.

However, since then, his campaign has been lackluster, and he has disappeared from the trail at times. His debate performances have been average at best, and he wasn't even able to answer the remaining questions in the last debate. The only bright spot for the campaign has been George Pataki's debate performance, and he was only able to tie Evan Bayh.

The polls are showing what many of us in the Republican Party have feared - this race is turning into a race between Howard Dean and Michael Bloomberg. Unless we see a miraculous turnaround and a resounding debate win, John McCain's chances at becoming President are unfortunately over. With that being said, I fear what would happen under a Dean administration, considering all of the divisive and downright hateful things he has said about Republicans in the past. I want a President who can work with both sides, a President who can unify our nation, instead of bringing increased partisanship. Michael Bloomberg is clearly that candidate, and it's why I'll be voting for him in November. I urge my fellow Republicans to join me in supporting him to make sure that Howard Dean is not the 44th President of the United States!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1564 on: June 04, 2013, 11:12:56 AM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Tired

The Bloomberg/Bayh campaign has released the following television ad, which will air in the following states through Election Day:

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I approve of this message because I'm tired. I'm tired of the reckless spending in Washington. I'm tired of a government that seeks to please special interest groups and party bosses, rather than constituents. And I'm tired of sending back the same people to Washington, over and over again.

I'm running for President because I'm tired of what's happening in this country, and I'm ready to change it. It's time for leadership that is ready to work with both sides to overcome our nation's obstacles, rather than continue to tear each other down. If you desire this type of leadership, I humbly ask for your support on Election Day. Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1565 on: June 04, 2013, 11:22:05 AM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Fiscal Responsibility

Michael Bloomberg has released the following television ad, which will air in the following states, with an emphasis on conservative states:

Bloomberg: For too long, we have had leaders in Washington who are more concerned about pleasing special interest groups than pleasing the American people. As a result, we have a budget that is spiraling out of control.

As Mayor, I worked with Republicans and Democrats to turn a five billion dollar deficit into a four billion dollar surplus, and we were also able to provide homeowner tax credits, as well as other tax breaks. As President, I'll promote fiscal responsibility, just like I did as Mayor.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1566 on: June 04, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Schedule 10/21-10/27

"Green Energy is the future of our nation. Green energy will not only save the planet, but bolster the economy, giving new opportunity to our young people. The matter is, how are we going to fund it, we are spiraling into debt. I think some of these candidates don't quite understand Dwight D. Eisenhower as well as Myself. During his presidency, he made massive investment into our future. Kennedy and space, too, was an investment in our future. These candidates don't want to make any sort of investment into the future of America with Green technologies. Unlike them, the Green Party understands what this investment means in the long haul, and that's why we support it."

October 21st, 2008:
Barnstorming in New Orleans, Louisiana with Buddy Roemer
Town Hall in New Orleans, Lousiana with Buddy Roemer
Fundraiser in New Orleans, Lousiana with Buddy Roemer
Meet and Greet in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with Buddy Roemer

October 22nd, 2008:
Barnstorming in Kapaa, Hawaii
Meet and Greet in Kapaa, Hawaii with Brian Schatz
Speech in Honolulu, Hawaii
Fundraiser in Honolulu, Hawaii with Brian Schatz

October 23rd, 2008:
Town Hall in Kaneohe, Hawaii
Barbeque in Kaneohe, Hawaii
Meet and Greet in Kahuli, Hawaii with Brian Schatz

October 24th, 2008:
Rest

October 25th, 2008:
Barnstorming in Rochester, Minnesota
Meet and Greet in St. Paul, Minnesota
Barnstorming in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Appearance on Hard Ball with Chris Matthews

October 26th, 2008:
Barnstorming in Juneau, Alaska
Speech in Anchorage, Alaska
Town Hall in Anchorage, Alaska
Meet and Greet in Fairbanks, Alaska

"Even under the blistering winter of Alaska, scientists understand the chronic nature of Global Warming. All too real, it will destroy the world and the enviorment we love unless we do something about it. Yet, Bloomberg/Dean/McCain are dedicated to the status quo. As President, Nader will spend however much it takes to deal with this problem, one that is certainly more important than 99% of the things we are bickering over in Washington."

October 27th, 2008:
Campaigning in D.C.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1567 on: June 04, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »

Bohlinger: Let's Put Montana in the Bloomberg Column!

AP - Earlier today, Lt. Governor John Bohlinger (R-MT) formally endorsed Michael Bloomberg for President, breaking ties with his running mate and close friend, Brian Schweitzer.

John Bohlinger endorses Michael Bloomberg, urges Montanans to do the same

Today, I am announcing my support of Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh.

I'm proud to be a Montanan, a state known for it's independence. That much is shown by the fact that it voted for a ticket including a Republican and a Democrat on it for Governor, and we won! We are a state known for bucking the trend, for doing things our own way and ignoring party affiliation. With all that being said, it would make perfect sense for Montana to vote for Michael Bloomberg in a couple weeks.

Now, I don't agree with Mike on everything - I certainly have some big disagreements in him. But with Mike, I know we would have a President who will always act in the best interests of his constituents, not the Washington elites or special interest groups. We would have a President who, on day one, will work with Republican and Democrats to get the job done, and won't belittle and demonize the opposition, as we've seen Governor Dean do.

I have great respect for Senator McCain, and I thank him for his many years of service to our nation. But now, I believe it is time for new leadership, and a new direction. Michael Bloomberg is the only candidate in this race who can provide that, which is why I support his bid to become the next President of the United States!

Pomeroy: I like Mike!

AP - Adding to the momentum, Congressman Earl Pomeroy (D-ND) announced his endorsement of Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh.

Congressman Earl Pomeroy endorses Bloomberg

I'm fed up with what's going on in Washington D.C.

I'm fed up with the corruption, the backroom deals, and of politicians who are completely sold out to special interest groups.

I know North Dakotans, as well as most other Americans, share my sentiments. If you feel this way, then join me in bucking the trend and voting for a bi-partisan leader: Michael Bloomberg. While others have ignored North Dakota, Mayor Bloomberg has been here since the beginning, having more campaign offices here and making more stops here. It's nice to see North Dakota on the map again after being ignored by the big parties each cycle. That's what I like about Bloomberg - he's running as a candidate for all of America, not just the swing states. His campaign has spent energy in states that are almost always ignored, like North Dakota. Thanks to him, almost every state in our nation is a battelground state, and that's exactly how it should be.

We have a real opportunity in this election to say no to the party bigwhigs and elect someone with a proven record of getting things done. We'd be foolish to pass up on this opportunity. There are many moderate Democrats out there who I know have similar feelings - let's stand up against the partisanship and elect one of us, a moderate, to the White House.

Giuliani: "Unsure" on Presidential Race

AP - Long thought to be a supporter of Senator McCain and Governor Pataki, "America's Mayor" Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) expressed today a great deal of uncertainty, indicating he may be leaning towards Bloomberg.

You know, if you had asked me a month or two ago, I would have said that I'd vote for McCain. Mike and I have a close relationship, but I do acknowledge that I am closer politically to Senator McCain, and it also helps that he has George [Pataki] as his running mate. Since then, however, Michael Bloomberg has ran an excellent campaign, while Senator McCain has struggled a bit.

Being a New Yorker, I witnessed Mike as Mayor, and I have been thoroughly impressed by the job he's done. He's a real leader, something that is hard to come by in Washington, and I know he isn't afraid of standing up to the party leaders and special interests in Washington. The final debate will help decide things for me, but right now, I'm seriously contemplating voting for Bloomberg/Bayh.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1568 on: June 04, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »

Final Presidential Debate: Amended with additional questions

SCHIEFFER: Good evening. And welcome to the third and last presidential debate of 2008, sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates. I'm Bob Schieffer of CBS News.

The rules tonight are simple. The subject is foreign and domestic policy. I will divide the next hour-and-a-half into nine-minute segments.

I will ask a question at the beginning of each segment. Each candidate will then have two minutes to respond, and then we'll have a discussion.

I'll encourage them to ask follow-up questions of each other. If they do not, I will.

The audience behind me has promised to be quiet, except at this moment, when we welcome Senator John McCain, Governor Howard Dean, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Mr. Ralph Nader.

Gentlemen, welcome.

Schieffer: Let us begin right off tonight. Much has been said about the lessons of Vietnam. It is 2008 and the Iraq War has lasted for five years with what would seem no end in site. To all of you, what do you see as the lessons of Iraq?

Schieffer: To Governor Dean, do you think more troops -- more U.S. troops should be sent to Afghanistan, how many, and when?

Schieffer: Now the the subject of student loans. Total student loan debt is expected to hit $1 trillion in 2012, and a record number of Americans are now in debt thanks to such loans. Mr. Nader What would Obama do to further address the growth in both debt and the cost of college, and how would he ensure that more Americans can afford a college education?

Schieffer: To all the candidates Mexico is being torn apart by a civil war to control the drug routes to the United States. Many Mexican leaders urge drug legalization in the U.S. in order to move the drug trade away from violent criminals to legitimate business. If a Mexican president asked you to consider such a step, what would you answer and why?

Schieffer: Mayor Bloomberg and two minute followup from the other candidates., what is your reading on the threat to Iran right now to the security of the United States?

Schieffer: Governor Dean, Canada is our largest trading partner and most important energy supplier. What do you see as the major issues between the U.S. and Canada, and what would you do to strengthen this supremely important relationship?

Schieffer: Mr. Nader, Russia, goes to you. How do you see the relationship with Russia? Do you see them as a competitor? Do you see them as an enemy? Do you see them as a potential partner?

Schieffer: To all the candidates, should the United States return to the Gold Standard?

Schieffer: Senator McCain how would a McCain Presidency differ in terms of foreign policy than the Presidency of Bush?

Schieffer: I will allow a one minute followup from each candidate to that last question.

Schieffer: The time has come for closing statements. By a drawing of straws Mr. Nader will go first followed by Governor Dean, Mayor Bloomberg and Senator McCain.

Schieffer: Senator McCain, Governor Dean, Mayor Bloomberg, Mr. Nader thank you very much.

This concludes the final debate. I'm Bob Schieffer of CBS News, and I will leave you tonight with what my mother always said -- go vote now. It will make you feel big and strong. Good night everyone.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1569 on: June 04, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »

I'm going to Portugal tomorrow morning... A week of relax. I hope there's some computer with internet on the hotel. If there isn't, don't let the game die, keep updating with some speeches, ads... And debate responses, of course!! I'll be back soon, and it's more likely than not that there'll be a computer available.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1570 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Líder

The Bloomberg/Bayh campaign has released the following television ad, which will air in the following states through Election Day. The ad will air in areas with high Hispanic populations.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1571 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:55 PM »

Dean/Murray Ad: Rolling up our sleeves
Airing in the following states:

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1572 on: June 04, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »

Dean/Murray Ad: Who is Bloomberg?
Airing in the following states:

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1573 on: June 04, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Ad: Proven Record

Michael Bloomberg has released the following campaign advertisement, which will air in all fifty states.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1574 on: June 05, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Schedule: October 21st - 27th

October 21st: Accompanied by Tim Cahill, Lincoln Chafee, and Jodi Rell
Campaign Rally - Boston, Massachusetts
Meet and Greet - Warwick, Rhode Island
Campaign Rally - Hartford, Connecticut
Town Hall Meeting - Waterbury, Connecticut

Mayor Bloomberg fires up a crowd in Hartford, Connecticut

Thank you all for being here today! It's great to be here today in this beautiful state with your incredible Governor, Jodi Rell, as well as with your Congressman Chris Shays!

Jodi and I have our differences, but one thing special we have in common is our desire to compromise and work with individuals of all ideologies to create better opportunities for our constituents. Here in Connecticut, Dave has worked with Democratic majorities to achieve fiscal responsibility, bring about more economic stability, despite the Bush economy, and make improvements to the education system. The sense of compromise and working together that we've see here in Connecticut should be a model for the rest of our nation, and as President, it's exactly the kind of leadership I hope to bring.

I'm not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat. I think both sides have contributed to the mess we are in, largely due to the special interests that have taken over our nation. As President, I will seek to end their presence in Washington by banning them from the chamber. They certainly won't have any sort of impact on my decisions as President - I will only be looking out for the interests of our nation and her people.

October 22nd: Accompanied by Mayor Amicone and Oprah Winfrey
Meet and Greet - Yonkers, New York
Campaign Rally - New York City, New York
Town Hall Meeting - Elizabeth, New Jersey
Campaign Rally - Newark, New Jersey
Appearance on The Jay Leno Show

Mayor Bloomberg greets voters in New York City, New York

It's great to be here in my home city! It has been a privilege serving as your Mayor, and hopefully, together, we can bring the state of New York into the Bloomberg/Bayh column on Election Night!

Evan and I have real solutions for this nation. It involves idea's from both parties. Now, Howard Dean calls me spineless for having such a position, but then again, look at his divisive record as DNC Chairman and it should come as a surprise to no one that he chastises someone with a bi-partisan record and moderate positions. Senator Murray, like Governor Dean, is just spreading attacks that may sound good on soundbites, but simply aren't true. We won't be a continuation of the last eight years, not in the slightest. A Bloomberg-Bayh administration will seek to create fair tax rates, understanding that the rich can pay a little more, as well as bring a close to the Iraq war and cutting all of the wasteful, pork spending in Washington. In doing so, we're not only going to balance the budget, but we're going to be able to invest more in creating a better opportunity for Americans with better jobs and an improved education system.

I'm fed up with the two-party system in America - if you are too, I humbly ask for your support on November 4th!

October 23rd: Accompanied by Oprah Winfrey and Mike Castle
Meet and Greet - Bear, Delaware
Campaign Rally - Baltimore, Maryland
Town Hall Meeting - Columbia, Maryland
Campaign Rally - Annapolis, Maryland
Appearance on Chris Matthews Hardball

Oprah speaks at a rally in Baltimore, Maryland

Good afternoon!

I'm happy to be spending the next week campaigning with Michael Bloomberg, and let me just emphasize how excited I am to end this error and elect real leadership to the White House next month!

Like many here in Baltimore and across the Northeast, I am a proud liberal, but before anything, I am an American. I ran for President on the belief that we have a government that isn't working for us, rather, for itself. We have politicians who don't care too much about representing their constituents, but are rather focused on the interest groups and party bosses. I sought to bring change within the Democratic party, though ultimately, our efforts fell short. I chose not to endorse Governor Dean because his divisive nature is one of the main issues wrong with our country. We need leaders who are not only ready to represent the people, but are also ready to cooperate and work together. I endorsed Mayor Bloomberg because not only does he have the best record of the candidates in terms of bi-partisanship, but because he has shown himself to be a true leader, putting the people's interests ahead of his own. Michael Bloomberg is a candidate who will fight in the interests of the Black Community, just as he's done as Mayor.

My friends, we need Mayor Bloomberg and Senator Bayh to be our President and Vice President. They may not be the leaders some of us originally wanted, but they are the leaders we need. Thank you, and God Bless!

October 24th: Accompanied by Oprah Winfrey
Campaign Rally - Alexandria, Virginia
Meet and Greet - Stafford, Virginia
Meet and Greet - Milford, Virginia
Campaign Rally - Richmond, Virginia
Flies to Illinois

Mayor Bloomberg gives a stirring speech in Richmond, Virginia

Virginia - in a few weeks, you will have tremendous power. You will have the ability to create change in our nation. We have the power and the ability to fundamentally build and grow America in a positive way for the next four years, rather that continue down the decline we're currently going through. We have the ability to build on a progressive and positive economic platform that will invest our resources here at home to put Americans to work, boosting our economy through empowering small businesses and entrepreneurs across this great country.

Throughout America, citizens are frustrated by Republicans and Democrats who parrot old ideas, yet when they get into power, little is actually done. This upcoming election is about much more than who will be our President, it is about choices and choosing the future of America. The path we are currently on, and some of the paths offered to us in this election, will continue to lead us down a dark path.

I am running for President, not for the title or the prestige, but because I have a truly unique vision for this country, a vision rarely seen in presidential races, and this vision can be achieved with the right leadership and a unified country. Together, we can make a difference. Together, we can move this country forward. God Bless you all!

October 25th: Accompanied by Oprah Winfrey, Nancy Brinker, and Mark Kirk
Campaign Rally - Naperville, Illinois
Meet and Greet - Cicero, Illinois
Town Hall Meeting - South Side, Illinois
Speech at NAACP Meeting - Chicago, Illinois
Appearance on Glenn Beck

Mayor Bloomberg speaks at a rally in Naperville, Illinois

I saw another creative advertisement from the Dean Campaign this week, falsely stating that poverty has risen while I've been Mayor, while also stating I had no position on the Iraq War. Governor Dean must have been asleep during the last debate, because I outlined clearly what I thought about Iraq, and apparently better than he did, as the polls show that I won the debate! When President Bush made the decision to enter into Baghdad, I supported the President, as did most Americans, including some of the same Democratic Senators that Governor Dean has asked to campaign for him in this race! I think that's a much more noble position than Governor Dean, who went around the country in 2003 mocking the President, even going as far as to call for an investigation on whether or not President Bush had prior knowledge that 9/11 would happen.

Though I supported it originally, the war has been badly mishandled, as most would agree to. I've outlined a clear plan to immediately begin withdrawing troops from Iraq, and instead focus our attention on Afghanistan, where al Qaeda is growing stronger by the day and Osama Bin Laden continues on. Now is not the time for timid leadership, and it certainly won't be something I'll bring as President!

Continued on next post...
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies