2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 09:21:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152582 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: June 20, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2013, 03:59:30 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Howard Dean's Campaign Schedule, October 28th to November 4th:

October 28th:

-Rally in State College, Pennsylvania with Governor Ed Rendell
-Meet & Greet in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Scranton, Pennsylvania with Senator Bob Casey Jr.

"Mayor Bloomberg and Senator McCain like to rag on Dean's record as chairman of the DNC. As a former chair myself, I don't see the problem. Howard did a great job. He expanded the playing field to all 50 states and got great people elected nationwide. I think he'll do that again in 2008 with the coming Democratic coattails."

"I supported Barack Obama in the primaries because I believed he was the best voice for change. But now, Barack and I both support a man with unwavering principle, with a strong record as governor, and who WILL bring our men and women in uniform back home, Governor Howard Dean!"

October 29th:

-Rally in Paterson, New Jersey
-Meet & Greet in Jersey City, New Jersey
-Rally in Newark, New Jersey with Senator Frank Lautenberg

"What we've talked a lot about over this campaign is getting our troops out of Iraq. Governor Dean will do that when he gets in the White House. But as a veteran, I hold concern, and surely we all hold concern, about helping our veterans when they get home. That's why I'll push for in the Senate and Howard will push for as President hiring incentives for small businesses. Those who are willing to take on new workers, especially veterans, deserve a tax cut. It helps business and it helps workers."

October 30th:

-Flight to Nevada
-Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada with Mayor Oscar Goodman
-Meet & Greet in Apple Valley, California

October 31st:

-Rally in Los Angeles, California
-Rally in Long Beach, California
-Fundraiser in Los Angeles, California

"California is absolutely a magnet for those who come to America seeking a better life, and I can't visit this great state without talking about the need for immigration reform. This is something that I agree with Senator McCain on; we need to reform our immigration system. That will come through not just the passage of the DREAM Act, but through a path to citizenship for those who were here illegally but abide by our laws and have contributed to our economy."

November 1st:

-Meet & Greet in Santa Maria, California
-Rally in Monterey, California
-Fundraiser in San Jose, California with tech leaders

November 2nd:

-Flight to New York
-Rally in New York, New York
-Fundraiser in New York, New York

"Your mayor is going around the country, saying that we need deep spending cuts to fix our economy. That's just not true. I'm concerned about the deficits that Republicans have built up over the past eight years, but austerity is what turns recessions into depressions, as history has taught us. On the other hand, In my first 100 days in office, I'll channel FDR and the New Deal and push for a major stimulus package, which will cut taxes on small businesses and middle-class families, extend unemployment insurance benefits, eliminate corporate tax loopholes, invest in repairing our crumbling roads and bridges, and fund the expansion of our national high-speed rail system."

November 3rd:

-Rally in New York, New York with Governor Eliot Spitzer
-Fundraiser in Bridgeport, Connecticut
-Meet & Greet in Hartford, Connecticut

"Governor Dean understands the need for financial reform, for the need to hold the big banks accountable. We need a return to the policies we had in place before Gramm-Leach-Bliley, policies that didn't incentivize risky investment and promise big investment banks that we had their back--and by "we" I mean "the taxpayer"."

November 4th:

-Rally in Providence, Rhode Island with Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
-GOTV in Providence, Rhode Island
-Meet & Greet in Rutland, Vermont
-Election Night rally in Burlington, Vermont

Reporter: Governor Dean, how are you feeling about your prospects tonight?

Dean: We'll see how it goes.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1676 on: June 20, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 03:56:25 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Dean/Murray Campaign Ad: What I'll Do
Airing in the following states:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1677 on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »

Alea iacta est.

In less than an hour you'll have Dixville Notch, Hart's Location, Indiana and Kentucky Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1678 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »

Alea iacta est.

In less than an hour you'll have Dixville Notch, Hart's Location, Indiana and Kentucky Wink
Very excited!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1679 on: June 20, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »

After months of campaigning and hard work, today is our day, America! Today, Americans of all walks of life head to the polls to decide who will lead our country for the next four years.

I've laid out my vision for our future. Doing this won't take miracles, and it won't happen overnight. But if we are united together, we can turn things around if we all have the courage to bring real change to America. Today, I ask you to choose a path of economic prosperity, an improved image abroad, and fiscal responsibility. A path that focuses on improving education, fixing our roads and bridges, and creating green jobs. A path that seeks to reduce poverty, unemployment, and ensure that all Americans are covered under health insurance. We need to take a path of unity, rather than the partisanship that has plagued our nation for decades.

My friends, go make sure your friends and family goes to the polls - this race is not over until the final vote is cast! We have a strong base of volunteers and supporters, and I know that in just a few hours, our campaign will be declaring victory! Thank you, God Bless you all, and God Bless America!

- Michael Bloomberg, speaking to supporters in New York City, New York
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1680 on: June 20, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »

So how long are we drawing Election Night out? Are we gonna do it all today or what?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1681 on: June 20, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Campaign Advertisement: Thank You

Michael Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, which will air on November 3rd in all 50 states:

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1682 on: June 20, 2013, 05:54:34 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:48:59 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Dean/Murray Campaign Ad: Unite
Airing in the following states:

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1683 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:08:21 PM by Jayhawker »

Facebook Posts by Supporters:
It's Election Day! I urge the good people of Connecticut to go out and do their civic duty today - that is what is most important. Additionally, I ask that you please consider voting for Michael Bloomberg. We have an opportunity in this election to bring substantive change to Washington, and Mike offers just that!
- Governor Jodi Rell (R-Connecticut)

Get out and vote! I ask that you please honor me with serving as your Congresswoman for another term. Additionally, I urge everyone to go out and vote for Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh. The race is between Bloomberg and Dean here in California, so any votes for McCain are wasted. To the Republicans still supporting Dean: Who would you rather have as President - Bloomberg or Dean, who has thrown insult after insult towards Republicans?
- Congressman Mary Bono Mack (R-California)

Michael Bloomberg has been a great Mayor, and I know he'll make a great President. Watching the debates only reaffirmed by belief that under Michael Bloomberg, America's foreign policy will greatly improve. I trust Michael Bloomberg as Commander-In-Chief, and I hope you intrust him with your vote.
- General Colin Powell (R-New York)

Michael Bloomberg - for a better tomorrow!
- Model Cindy Crawford (I-California)

Just cast my vote for Michael Bloomberg - hope you all do too!
- Actor Matt Damon (D-California)

I urge my fellow Southernors to cast their vote for Michael Bloomberg today - while Alabama will likely vote for McCain, I urge folks in Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia to buck the status quo and elect and Independent to the White House!
- Congressman Bobby Bright (D-AL)

I urge my fellow Republicans to join me in voting for Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh today. Howard Dean was divisive as DNC Chairman - he has been extremely disrespectful to President Bush, going as far as calling an investigation on whether or not he knew about 9/11. He has said he hates Republicans, and also made racist slurs directed towards African-Americans. Unfortunately, this race is between Bloomberg and Dean at this point - a vote for McCain is essentially a wasted vote...please Republicans, especially down in the South - join me in voting for Bloomberg!!!
- Congressman Mike Castle (R-DE)

Governor Howard Dean is running around on a populist image, saying he's going to invest in our roads and schools, give tax cuts, pass a stimulus, among other things. Governor Dean: How are you going to pay for this? Because just closing a few loopholes and ending Iraq isn't going to do it.

Michael Bloomberg is pragmatic, and he realizes that tough decisions are going to have to be made in order to bring this nation back towards fiscal responsibility. Howard Dean and John McCain will just send us into greater debt - Michael's plan is a long-term solution to this crisis. In terms of fiscal responsibility, one candidate clearly rises above the rest, and that's Michael Bloomberg. Go vote for him today, okay?

- Former Presidential Candidate and CEO Ross Perot (I-TX)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1684 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:13:30 PM by Former Speaker Superique »

Week 19 - The End?

29th of October

Meet & Greet with "Women for Nader" in Oakland, CA
Meet & Greet in with "Women for Nader" in San Francisco, CA

"Women for Nader" Rally in San Francisco, CA

30th of October

Fly to Salem, OR
Meet & Greet in Salem, OR
Meet & Greet in Portland, OR

31st of Octobe

Fly to Denver, CO
Meet & Greet in Denver, CO
Rally  at the Denver Coliseum with in Denver, CO

Fly late at nigh to Santa Fe, NM

1st of November

Meet & Greet with Lt. Governor Diane Denish in Santa Fe, NM
Meet & Greet in Albuquerque, NM

Rally in Albuquerque at the Pit with "Women for Nader", NM

Diane Denish:

2nd of November

Nader Flies to New York City, NY.
Rally with “Women for Nader” in New York City, NY.

Carol Moseley:

Rally with “Women for Nader” in Newark, NJ.

Suzy Sarandon:

Nader flies to Washington, D.C

3rd of November

Rally in Washington with Philip Hoffman + “Women for Nader” + “Actors for Nader”, D.C

Philip Hoffman:

Barbara Lee:

Flies to Bridgeport, CT

Final Rally in Bridgeport, CT.

4th of November

Vote in Winsted, CT.
GOTV Event in Winsted, CT.
Wait in the Campaign Headquarters of Hartford with There Amato and Matt Gonzalez, CT.
Concession on Victory Speech on a Rally in Hartford, CT.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1685 on: June 20, 2013, 06:09:54 PM »

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1686 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:46:46 PM by Former Speaker Superique »

TV Ad - Running all this week - on the following states:

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1687 on: June 20, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »

Bill Clinton (Dean Surrogate) Campaign Schedule, October 28th-November 4th:

October 28th:

-Rally with Senator Hillary Clinton in Rochester, New York
-Fundraiser in Buffalo, New York
-Rally in Erie, Pennsylvania

"Mayor Bloomberg is confident he can win New York. I think he's in for a rude awakening next week when we stand with Dean as Bill and I have been all year!"

October 29th:

-Rally in Youngstown, Ohio
-Meet & Greet in Steubenville, Ohio
-Rally in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"The moment Hillary dropped off the campaign I knew Howard Dean was the best choice for America. He really did a fantastic job in Montpelier and at the DNC. His 2004 campaign was fantastic, and this one even more exciting. And I'm confident that we'll see that energy and competence in Washington when he takes the oath of office."

October 30th:

-Rally in Uniontown, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Morgantown, West Virginia
-Fundraiser in Charleston, West Virginia

"I've noticed the other candidates are ignoring the Appalachian and Ozark area. As an Arkansan that upsets me, given the challenges we face with poverty, with lack of health care insurance, and with an anemic economy. Dean's the exception, and I know the time and dedication he's put into the great state of West Virginia will pay off."

October 31st:

-Rally in Lexington, Kentucky
-Meet & Greet in Frankfort, Kentucky
-Rally in Louisville, Kentucky

November 1st:

-Meet & Greet in Bowling Green, Kentucky
-Rally in Nashville, Tennessee with Al Gore
-Meet & Greet in Erin, Tennessee

"I supported Dean all the way back in 2004 because I knew he had the right solutions. He recognized from the beginning that Iraq was bound to be a failure. And he's always been concerned about what may ultimately be the issue of our century, that of global warming. Howard Dean will push for a stimulus that includes investment in clean and renewable energy, something that will help our economy and our earth."

November 2nd:

-Rally in Memphis, Tennessee
-Rally in West Memphis, Arkansas
-Meet & Greet in Jonesboro, Arkansas

"Great to be home!"

November 3rd:

-Meet & Greet in New Madrid, Missouri
-Rally in Springfield, Missouri
-Rally in Fayetteville, Arkansas with Senator Mark Pryor

November 4th:

-Rally in Little Rock, Arkansas with Governor Mike Beebe and Senator Hillary Clinton
-GOTV in Little Rock, Arkansas
-Meet & Greet in Hot Springs, Arkansas
-Watch election night returns in Hope, Arkansas

"Little Rock, I told you in 1992 and I'm telling you now. It's time for change in America! We can run the next four years like we've run the last eight: more war, more tax cuts for the rich, more corruption in Washington. Or we can forge a new path, a path based on putting people before politics and pushing the reforms we need, with my friend Howard Dean!"
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1688 on: June 20, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:47:26 PM by JerryArkansas »

Ad Showing in the State of Arkansas.

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1689 on: June 20, 2013, 06:42:41 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:46:16 PM by Former Speaker Superique »

TV Ad to Be run on the following states:

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1690 on: June 20, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2013, 10:29:12 AM by JulioMadrid »

Welcome to 'Election Night 2008'. You are watching ZNN and I'm Julio Membrado. Tonight you will know who will be your next President, America!!! Or maybe not... Remember, to become President-elect, a candidate has to get more 270 Electoral Votes or more. Right now it seems that the race is a tie between Howard Dean (D) and Michael Bloomberg (I) with no candidate getting 269+1 EV, many toss-up states and John McCain (R) in the 3rd position with Ralph Nader (G) a distant 4th, but way stronger than any green candidate in the history of the party. Here you have how Dixville Notch and Hart's Location (NH) voted last midnight, which should be good news for Mr. Bloomberg:

Dixville Notch:
Michael Bloomberg 9 votes
Howard Dean 7 votes
John McCain 3 votes
Ralph Nader 2 votes

Hart's Location:
Michael Bloomberg 12 votes
Howard Dean 9 votes
John McCain 7 votes
Ralph Nader 1 vote

Polls have just closed in Indiana, Vermont, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia and Kentucky, I'd like to ask Ted Heinz about these states. Hi, Ted!

TED: Hola, Julio! Nice to be here with you today. This will be a very long night, Julio, I don't think we will have a winner today, this election may need its recounts...

JULIO: let's talk about that later. Tell us, Ted, can we call any state?

TED: Mmm... Yes. Governor Mitch Daniels (R) has been reelected in Indiana, and Jim Douglas (R) in Vermont.

JULIO: Ted, I don't think the American people cares about who will be the next Governor in Indiana and Vermont, not even people who live there. We want to know about Presidential results.

TED: Oh, all right. It's safe to call Indiana for Governor Bloomberg and Vermont for mayor Dean.

JULIO: Big, expected calls, Ted. By the way, Bloomberg is the Mayor and Dean the Governor, you bastard.

Indiana (85% reporting) 11 EVs:
Michael Bloomberg 42.29%
John McCain 26.76%
Howard Dean 25.62%
Ralph Nader 5.33%

Vermont (99% reporting) 3 EVs:

Howard Dean 45.03%
Michael Bloomberg 24.22%
Ralph Nader 21.14%
John McCain 9.61%

JULIO: Now I'd like to introduce you to my good friend Susan Friedmann. Hi, Susan! Do you think we can call any other state yet?

SUSAN: Not yet, Julio. It's too early to call Kentucky, but Governor Dean has the lead there. It's all tied in Virginia and Mr. Bloomberg has the lead in Georgia, but it's too early to call the state, too. What an impressive showing by Mr. Nader in Vermont! I'm so glad the state is full of intelligent people! Only 10% (or maybe less, let's see!) voted for the senile!

TED: Now shut up, you socialist, because something big just happened. Senator Mitch McConnell has lost his reelection bid to businessman Bruce Lunsford. Big call, I repeat, Senator McConnell, republican minority leader, has just lost to a democrat in Kentucky. What a pity.

Kentucky, Senate (23% reporting):
Bruce Lunsford (D) 43.02%
Mitch McConnell (R) 31.76%
Gatewood Galbraith (I) 25.22%

SUSAN: Hey, don't tell me to shut up again, OK? I was about to say that South Carolina is a tie between McCain and Dean right now, with the republican leading by less than a point.

JULIO: just a moment, my darling. We have an important call now. You were talking about SC, right? We don't know who has won its 8 EVs yet, but Senator we can now project that Senator Lindsay Graham has won reelection.

SUSAN: Argh, I never liked that girl.

TED: Julio, Susan. Polls closed in OH, NC and WV. We don't have a winner in any of these states yet...

JULIO: oh, yes, this will certainly be a loooooong night. Let's go to Georgia, because I think we can now give the state to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

TED: it's me who calls the states, not you. But you are right, Georgia goes to the independent candidate. I was afraid the state would vote for the socialist.

Georgia (92% reporting) 15 EVs:
Michael Bloomberg 34.64%
Howard Dean 30.17%
John McCain 27.53%
Ralph Nader 7.66%

JULIO: Ted, show us Kentucky, Virginia and South Carolina. I'd like to know who has the lead in those states!

SUSAN: I'd like to see it, too, Ted.

TED: right now Governor Dean has a slim lead in KY and VA, but McCain leads him in SC:

Kentucky (32% reporting) 8 EVs:
Howard Dean 33.21%
John McCain 32.34%
Michael Bloomberg 28.37%
Ralph Nader 6.08%

Virginia (19% reporting) 13 EVs:
Howard Dean 31.43%
John McCain 31.07%
Michael Bloomberg 30.85%
Ralph Nader 6.65%

South Carolina (40% reporting) 8 EVs:
John McCain 34.25%
Howard Dean 32.67%
Michael Bloomberg 27.46%
Ralph Nader 5.62%

SUSAN: And here's my map:

Michael Bloomberg/Evan Bayh 26 EVs
Howard Dean/Patty Murray 3 EVs
John McCain/George Pataki 0 EVs
Ralph Nader/Dennis Kucinich 0 EVs
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1691 on: June 20, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »

States already called but not 100% will be modified in the same slot, not in a new post.
And now you can stop releasing ads :/

Tomorrow morning I'll update this, and you'll have final results by Saturday night (still afternoon in the USA, I think).
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1692 on: June 20, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »

Astonishing results in Vermont for now!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1693 on: June 20, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »

A bit disappointed at those Vermont numbers (are there even enough anti-Dean leftists to give Nader that much, especially since he's not all that different from me?).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1694 on: June 20, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »

A bit disappointed at those Vermont numbers (are there even enough anti-Dean leftists to give Nader that much, especially since he's not all that different from me?).
Nader also ran a more progressive and better campaign than yours, which would certainly make him appeal to many Vermonters.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1695 on: June 20, 2013, 09:10:40 PM »

They are probably Bernie Sanders voters. Don't forget it is just 9% of precincts yet. Anyway, Mr. Kucinich campaigned a lot there and I was there some times. I also spent my last financial resources on ads on Vermont so that could have given us momentum. I hope we get a shy second place Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1696 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:20 PM »

Okay, I'll accept it. Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1697 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 10:23:20 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Statement from the Dean Campaign:

It's early, but Howard and Patty are confident about tonight. Democrats are making big gains in Congress, and this campaign is out of the gate with a strong victory in Vermont and good early returns in several so-called red states. This momentum is sure to continue until we reach 270.

OOC: Surprised about Georgia getting called early, but it makes sense that McCain's flaking voters to Bloomberg. McCain might not win anything outside the Deep South/Great Plains/Mormonland!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1698 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:24 AM »

Statement from the Bloomberg Campaign:

With results starting to trickle in, our campaign feels cautiously optimistic, and we believe Michael is the only candidate with a realistic shot at reaching 270 Electoral Votes. We've already made history tonight, with Mayor Bloomberg already capturing 26 Electoral Votes. However, we hope to gain at least 244 more!

While Indiana is a state we expected to fall in our hands early, the early projection by Georgia is a pleasant surprise, as our internals had essentially a three-way tie there. It's clear that Republicans across the nation are worried about the partisanship of a Dean Administration, and as a result, many ended up voting for Mike, the only candidate with a shot at stopping a Dean Administration from occruing.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1699 on: June 21, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »

It's Vermont with only 9% reporting. Those are not final numbers, Dean, don't worry. Your state still likes you. But it's true that you lost some progressive democrats to Nader in the state.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies