The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:36:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261597 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: November 18, 2012, 03:01:47 PM »

I suppose I'll be the one who puts  these in here -

The Southern strategy had nothing to do with pandering to racists.

Didn't you read my links?  The Southern strategy had nothing to do with race.  It was about convincing Southern moderates who supported civil rights to fight against the segregationist Democrats by voting Republican.  And it's not ludicrous to point this stuff out.  If Republicans had been the party of slavery and segregation (as many high profile Democrats already suggest in their alternate history), no matter how long ago it was, would you want to support the GOP today?

And if Romney was really using racist "dog whistles", then surely you would have heard more controversy over it in this day and age.

The links in question -

First of all, race may have been a factor in 1964, but it wasn't after that.  And stop making fun of me on the Southern strategy.  Read these articles to prove my point:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100265457/The-Truth-Nixon-s-Southern-Strategy
http://www.wnd.com/2002/12/16477/

Your move, liebirals.

I cannot abide these quotes being lost forever at the end of the previous page.

I'm amazed that he cited WND with a straight face.

Yes fellas.

Also, Hitler was aggravated into invading Poland.  World War II was the fault of the warmongering British. . . . . . .

Only lieberal hacks can deny this!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #876 on: November 18, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »

Gunner Joe McCarthy was a freedom fighter. The fact that the Democrats recognized the Soviet Union in 1933 and (willingly?) allowed communists to infiltrate the state and agricultural departments from 1934 to at least 1947, as proven accurate by the Venona project, is the main reason I will not vote for them.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #877 on: November 18, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fixed it for you.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #878 on: November 18, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »

So which was funnier this past week: Texas, where 4 veterans died when the parade float they were on was hit by a train, or Egypt, where 50 or so school kids died when the school bus they were on was hit by a train?
I would say the one with the veterans. School kids likely didn't have the time to kill anybody, so we can actually be sad about them dying.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #879 on: November 18, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »

Ah, the venerable tradition of 'posting directly into the thread'.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #880 on: November 18, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »

So which was funnier this past week: Texas, where 4 veterans died when the parade float they were on was hit by a train, or Egypt, where 50 or so school kids died when the school bus they were on was hit by a train?
I would say the one with the veterans. School kids likely didn't have the time to kill anybody, so we can actually be sad about them dying.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #881 on: November 18, 2012, 07:06:39 PM »

Hey, the man's an actual communist. Though I would have expected this from someone like FallenMorgan, actually.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #882 on: November 18, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »

Hey, the man's an actual communist. Though I would have expected this from someone like FallenMorgan, actually.

Actually, I came into this thread, saw the bottom comment with the quote, and, before seeing who it was from, thought "oh, FallenMorgan's here".
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #883 on: November 19, 2012, 05:49:39 AM »

Well, isn't it the absurdity, ignorance and bad post thread ?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #884 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »

Well, isn't it the absurdity, ignorance and bad post thread ?

Yes, but traditionally posts here are from posters who do not realize they are being absurd/ignorant/bad. It's a rare thing for somebody to post and aim to make it here (which is what you did with your veterans being hit by trains comment, right? Right?)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #885 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:15 AM »

Yeah I was trolling. As you know us Commies don't abide by any rules and nothing is sacred to us except the spilled blood of capitalist infants...

So I get it. I'll just be absurd somewhere else then ! Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »

Is it a "bad post"? Sure. But is it untrue? It is not.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #887 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »

453-85. No doubt a landslide. Huntsman would have made MASSIVE inroads with Hispanics and the wealthy educated urban classes. It would have been a realigning election. The 2016 map would have looked like this, no joke.

Huntsman would be like Reagan x2, without any fault or flaw. The 23rd Amendment might be repealed on the grounds of sheer stupidity.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #888 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

I hope so.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #889 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »

It was worth putting here just in case.....cause I'm not so sure.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #890 on: November 19, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »

I'm not so sure either, especially given this post from the same thread:

This timeline accurately conveys what would have happened under a Huntsman presidency, sub-4% unemployment (aka full employment), trillion dollar surpluses, falling debt, rising power, 3/4+ approval ratings, and people angry unemployment is above the horrid rate of 5%. But Americans aren't that stupid, and wouldn't be so idiotic as to give us the map Maxwell presents us with. It would have been a 51-state sweep. But we were stupid enough to reject our chance at 24-year plus political dominance and mass prosperity.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159110.75

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: November 19, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

If you guys weren't so new, you'd know I was serious. But Grumps should have known!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #892 on: November 19, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »

Without the illegal vote to Obama, Romney would be president elect in January. Democrats depend on the illegals so they can stay in power for more handouts to the poor.  I prove my point.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #893 on: November 19, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »

Without the illegal vote to Obama, Romney would be president elect in January. Democrats depend on the illegals so they can stay in power for more handouts to the poor.  I prove my point.

I didn't know Vegetaboi/Banjo Broski had more socks.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #894 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »

If you guys weren't so new, you'd know I was serious. But Grumps should have known!

I'm not sure who you're talking to but I hope it's not me. I was here when you were pissing your Huggies. If I thought you were joking I would have put it in the Goldmine obviously.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #895 on: November 19, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »

Gunner Joe McCarthy was a freedom fighter. The fact that the Democrats recognized the Soviet Union in 1933 and (willingly?) allowed communists to infiltrate the state and agricultural departments from 1934 to at least 1947, as proven accurate by the Venona project, is the main reason I will not vote for them.

Why is this so absurd? Did I use improper syntax or spelling? This is just an opinion which I hold and backed with some logic. It may not be logic that you agree with but I did present facts to back up my opinion. Is it because my statement does not mesh with your own particular view that my statement is "absurd"? If this is the fact than it is YOU who are absurd and deserve a place in this thread.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #896 on: November 19, 2012, 11:24:24 PM »

Why is this so absurd? Did I use improper syntax or spelling? This is just an opinion which I hold and backed with some logic. It may not be logic that you agree with but I did present facts to back up my opinion. Is it because my statement does not mesh with your own particular view that my statement is "absurd"? If this is the fact than it is YOU who are absurd and deserve a place in this thread.

I'd say that the fact that the "main reason" you won't vote for a political party is because of stuff that happened nearly 80 years ago is pretty damn absurd and ignorant, for a start.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #897 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42:05 PM »

Nope. Back in the days of Reagan, you could get a job, earn enough to buy a house, a car, raise a family, all without incurring debt - pay the house off and own the surrounding land.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #898 on: November 20, 2012, 02:08:32 AM »

I'd say that the fact that the "main reason" you won't vote for a political party is because of stuff that happened nearly 80 years ago is pretty damn absurd and ignorant, for a start.
No it's mainly because he was defending McCarthy. I don't like communism, but his actions were immoral and probably illegal.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #899 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:42 AM »

Both the defense of McCarthy and citing that as the "main reason" to never vote for the Democrats are mind-boggingly stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies