Murkowski to hold "campaign kickoff" tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:01:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Murkowski to hold "campaign kickoff" tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Murkowski to hold "campaign kickoff" tonight  (Read 5488 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »

Looks like the write-in effort is a go: http://community.adn.com/adn/node/153185
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »

I think she'd be better off waiting till 2014 and trying again. It also isn't too helpful that her last name might be difficult for some to spell.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »

I'd laugh if this threw it to the Dems.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »

I don't really see the point of this. I don't think it'll impact the race much either way, in the end.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »

I'd laugh if this threw it to the Dems.

I think PPP had a poll out last month with her winning a 3-way race.  That may have been as a name on the ballot, not as a write-in though.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »

She really should move on, because this is beyond pointless.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »

Miller would win a three way.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 03:41:10 PM »

Well, this is a good way to burn her bridges with the Republican party. Probably lessens her chances of getting a nice lobbying job or even a position in a Republican presidential administration if she loses.

If I was her I would have waited to challenge Begich in 2014, of course who knows if she would have gotten through the primary then.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:23 PM »

Sweet. After they called her a prostitute I don't think she owes them anything.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »

From the article:  "Lisa Murkowski supporters are urging people to come out tonight for what’s being called a “campaign kick off,” although her campaign manager isn’t ready to say that she’s decided to run." (Emphasis added.)

I will be fairly surprised actually if she decided to run. She has been told that every day she waited to announce a write-in campaign, the more it hurt her, and so now we are at the last second almost before the deadline. I just don't think so; why would she weaken herself to run what would in any event be a quixotic campaign, where she has no real niche, and will come in third (she would come in third even if she were on the ballot I would think).
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »

For those wondering: Misspellings of names are ok so long as the vote counters can reasonably figure out who the vote is for (Liza Mercowsky would be acceptable).
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 03:45:16 PM »

From the article:  "Lisa Murkowski supporters are urging people to come out tonight for what’s being called a “campaign kick off,” although her campaign manager isn’t ready to say that she’s decided to run." (Emphasis added.)

I will be fairly surprised actually if she decided to run. She has been told that every day she waited to announce a write-in campaign, the more it hurt her, and so now we are at the last second almost before the deadline. I just don't think so; why would she weaken herself to run what would in any event be a quixotic campaign, where she has no real niche, and will come in third (she would come in third even if she were on the ballot I would think).

Err, did you read the rest of the article? Like her cousin announcing that she's going to run on her Facebook page?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »

Who called her a prostitute?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »

Joe Miller.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »

So she's following Ernest Gruening example?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:09 PM »

One of Miller's campaign volunteers wrote on Twitter: "What's the difference between selling out your party's values and the oldest profession?" in reference to the Libertarian Party, if they were to put her on the ballot.  I'd happen to agree with that sentiment.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »

Err, did you read the rest of the article? Like her cousin announcing that she's going to run on her Facebook page?

No, I didn't. We shall see.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

The O'Donnell of the rinos is taking the closest route to Charlie Crist as possible. I am so totally shocked. Roll Eyes
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »

One of Miller's campaign volunteers wrote on Twitter: "What's the difference between selling out your party's values and the oldest profession?" in reference to the Libertarian Party, if they were to put her on the ballot.  I'd happen to agree with that sentiment.

No, it was about Lisa Murkowski. The whole thing is ironic because the Tea Party is a better fit for the Libertarian Party than the Republican party anyway.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

No, it was about Lisa Murkowski. The whole thing is ironic because the Tea Party is a better fit for the Libertarian Party than the Republican party anyway.

No, Miller's tweet comment was clearly referring to the Libertarian Party. Stop spreading disinformation concocted by MSM talking heads.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »

It wasn't Miller himself, and how are you both so certain when there's no context whatsoever? Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

It wasn't Miller himself, and how are you both so certain when there's no context whatsoever? Tongue

Still, his twitter speaks for him as much as anything else he says in public.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 04:56:48 PM »

The context provided by the sentence itself makes it clear he's referring to the party. It would have made little sense to be claiming that Murkowski was "selling out her party's values" by leaving the party and running as a Libertarian.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »

The context provided by the sentence itself makes it clear he's referring to the party. It would have made little sense to be claiming that Murkowski was "selling out her party's values" by leaving the party and running as a Libertarian.

Yes it would, it makes perfect sense to make that claim. Plus, just Google "Lisa Murkowski" and "prostitute" and you' get 1,000 links interpreting the quote as referring to her.

Also, it was from Joe Miller's twitter account. Even if it was someone else physically typing it in, it's still the account that speaks for him. When Sarah Palin twitters something you don't hear constant spin about how it was actually someone else.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »

Speaking of Twitter and the Alaska Senate race, here's an extremely important endorsement:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies