Who do you WANT to win the GOP nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:02:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you WANT to win the GOP nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Who do you WANT to win the GOP nomination?  (Read 13292 times)
TheGreatOne

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2010, 11:13:32 PM »

For example, there were rarely any of the pauses, stumbles, umms, uhhhs, or improper uses of the word of "like" that Obama often uses in his unscripted interviews.
Palins problem is that she doen't know how to properly structure sentences.  She also sticks in too many clauses that don't fit.   
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2010, 11:19:14 PM by redcommander »

I really like Romney, but if he flip flops to the center, then I will go for Johnson. Personally I think Johnson is the most electable Republican in the running. Palin is a quitter, a neocon, extremely unpopular with Independents, not a real conservative, and lacks substance and intelligence. Although I must admit, and election between her and Obama would be hilarious to see. She guarantees him at least a 35 state win, and even then I am being generous.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »

Lest we forget - Obama didn't give policy specifics all the way until his convention speeches.  Even then, his version of change was unclear to the populace at large.  We knew (it was Marxism), but the public didn't and that's why he's getting such a backlash now as they realize it.  Palin's not being specific until she runs in 2012.  On the campaign trail she's going to take off the kid gloves and reveal what everyone's been waiting for.  She will have articulate policy positions, real plans and in the end, if our country is still being run into the ground by Obama, she will be the next president.

Watch the old debates when she was running for governor of Alaska.  She was fast, intelligent and very articulate.  She beat two people and won the governorship in a year when a democrat should have won against a popular former governor and a conservative independent who took votes from her.  Palin is lowering expectations big time in preparation for her run against Obama.  This hand notes thing was a total fake out - she did it just because she knew she would get attacked for it, and the White House fell hook, line and sinker for it.

Ahh yes this stupid act is just some elaborate plan by Palin so people think she is dumb, and then all of a sudden she can show how smart she is.....  Yes and I suppose that Couric debacle was all part of this plan as well....
I think the Couric interview is a legitimate criticism, just as legitmate is the way we criticize Obama for saying "corpseman" and saying there are 57 states.

If you honestly think those things are even remotely comparable you are even more insane than any of us thought, and that is pretty impressive I must say...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »

I really like Romney, but if he flip flops to the center, then I will go for Johnson.

So you are ok with a 180 flip flop, you would just have problems with a 360 flip flop?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »

I really like Romney, but if he flip flops to the center, then I will go for Johnson.

So you are ok with a 180 flip flop, you would just have problems with a 360 flip flop?

Correct, his conservative positions in 2008 are the ones he should run with in 2012. The main argument for his conservative conversion was the Reagan did it and won, and that he was sincere. If he runs as a moderate, I don't think I can support him, because that just shows he was a fake in 2008.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2010, 11:33:14 PM »

I'll agree about how tough an interview Chris Matthews is.  Nobody comes out looking good after an interview with him.

He was the only interviewer to press Obama on what he meant by only hearing Wright make "controversial comments" and Obama was lost like a deer in the headlights.  Matthews wouldn't get off of it during the interview.

I must say though that J.D. Hayworth did the best of anyone I can have seen with Matthews.  The content of what he said may be controversial but I was impressed with how he controlled and dominated Matthews.

How would Palin do?  I'd guess if she keeps up her aggressive stance that she showed towards Wallace, she'd actually hold her own or perform better than anyone else with Matthews.  Her technique and demeanor in interviews that I've seen recently has been quite strong and may be a good match for Matthews leading-question interviews.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »

I'll agree about how tough an interview Chris Matthews is.  Nobody comes out looking good after an interview with him.

He was the only interviewer to press Obama on what he meant by only hearing Wright make "controversial comments" and Obama was lost like a deer in the headlights.  Matthews wouldn't get off of it during the interview.

I must say though that J.D. Hayworth did the best of anyone I can have seen with Matthews.  The content of what he said may be controversial but I was impressed with how he controlled and dominated Matthews.

How would Palin do?  I'd guess if she keeps up her aggressive stance that she showed towards Wallace, she'd actually hold her own or perform better than anyone else with Matthews.  Her technique and demeanor in interviews that I've seen recently has been quite strong and may be a good match for Matthews leading-question interviews.

Chris Matthews would have Sarah Palin in tears. At some point he might start pulling some of his rhetorical punches, if only to maintain some image of decency.

She is not Margaret Thatcher. She has no answer for many things that Matthews might ask. I doubt that she can tell John Locke from "Yale Lock".
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »

TheGreatOne

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2010, 12:48:22 PM »

Wow I just looked back and there are alot of people supporting Romney on this forum.  He is probably the second pick after Gary Johnson, but the first pick out of the perceived 'serious' canidates.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »

Scott Brown
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:18 PM »

Huckabee or Daniels. The speculation about Brown is nice, but practically impossible since he'll be focusing on keeping his seat. Or he'll be the VP on the GOP ticket, depending on who becomes the nominee.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

I will vote for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney.  Mitt Romney is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He is a serial liar and do more harm to this country than Obama could with republicans opposing him.

To all Romneyites, I suggest you view this video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI

...particularly the part about Reagan.

And Smash, there are plenty of other ignorant things Obama has done on live television: Professor Gates and Officer Crowley comes to mind.  

The Great One...I assume you are taking your name from Mark Levin, who supports Palin.

And watch the Palin debate between Halcrow and Knowles:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/195195-1

DS0816
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »

… Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska and 2008 vice presidential nominee.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »

I will vote for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney.  Mitt Romney is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He is a serial liar and do more harm to this country than Obama could with republicans opposing him.

And Smash, there are plenty of other ignorant things Obama has done on live television: Professor Gates and Officer Crowley comes to mind.  

The Great One...I assume you are taking your name from Mark Levin, who supports Palin.

I've watched this debate.  Palin has no substance and was outperformed by her opponent.  I did rewatch 30 minutes of the debate and it just shows you how much of a joke being governor of Alaska is.  There problems are so simple to resolve, which is probably why Palin's list of accomplishments are so miniscule.  She can't really claim the oil pipeline for herself. 

No, I'm not copying Mark Levin.  I think that guy is a joke and a racist.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »

I hope that Alex Jones wins it so he can reveal the true side of the Mubarack Hussein Obama and uncover the fact that 9/11 was done by reptillians and then marry Ron Paul in Massachusetts before joining the Democratic Party and becoming a conservative.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »

Chris Matthews would have Sarah Palin in tears. At some point he might start pulling some of his rhetorical punches, if only to maintain some image of decency.

She is not Margaret Thatcher. She has no answer for many things that Matthews might ask. I doubt that she can tell John Locke from "Yale Lock".

It's a shame Tim Russert's dead.  He'd have Palin eviscerated without looking like a bully like Matthews does.

Wow I just looked back and there are alot of people supporting Romney on this forum.  He is probably the second pick after Gary Johnson, but the first pick out of the perceived 'serious' canidates.

It's due to the type of Republicans this site draws.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2010, 04:09:12 PM »

Kay Bailey Hutchison is another possibility. If she doesn't beat Perry and Medina, she can still leave senate like she said and run in 2012. She would be an appealing candidate.
Jasengle
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

Romney
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2010, 04:59:07 PM »

I've watched this debate.  Palin has no substance and was outperformed by her opponent.  I did rewatch 30 minutes of the debate and it just shows you how much of a joke being governor of Alaska is.  There problems are so simple to resolve, which is probably why Palin's list of accomplishments are so miniscule.  She can't really claim the oil pipeline for herself. 

Tell me why you have a republican avatar again?  Quit using the lingo of the angry left.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »

I will vote for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney.  Mitt Romney is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He is a serial liar and do more harm to this country than Obama could with republicans opposing him.

Tell me why you have a republican avatar again?  Quit using the lingo of the angry left.

Right.  So it's okay for you to use similar vitriol against Mitt Romney, but for any Republican to do the same for Sarah Palin, OMG YOU ARE RINO GTFO OF MY PARTY
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »

I will vote for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney.  Mitt Romney is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He is a serial liar and do more harm to this country than Obama could with republicans opposing him.

Right.  So it's okay for you to use similar vitriol against Mitt Romney, but for any Republican to do the same for Sarah Palin, OMG YOU ARE RINO GTFO OF MY PARTY
First, I didnt call Romney a racist.  I called him a liar and the video proves that.  I would never call one of our own, RINO or not, racist unless they said something incredibly insensitive.  I asked why he was republican because he seems content to attack not only our potential leaders but also our philosophical and moral guides, like Levin.  That's pure popularity contest nonsense, and yes I don't like that.  He wants points on the board for showing that he's a "respectable" republican to the majority of liberals on the board.  I actually like some RINOs, like Olympia Snowe, and she helps us when she can.  I don't begrudge that in liberal or center-left states.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

Listen I just don't like it when hardcore Christians try to force their religions into government.  It usually leads to bad decisions and moronic movements.  Sarah Palin is a moron.  The fact that many Christian conservatives thinks she's intelligent and articulate is a clear indication that they have silly and uneducated opinions.   She is not qualified to be President and I haven't heard any arguments why I should give her my vote.  All her accomplishments were exaggerations and falsehoods.  I've heard from many people like you that her qualifications as Governor exceed Joe Bidens, which is an just frivilous.  And she quit as Governor in a state easier to run than Delaware.  I have Republican Avatar because I beleive in lowering taxes, fighting the war on terror, limiting government intrustion into my lifem, and the right to have arms as well as policies that benefit all people and not just redistribute money.  All that other Christian crap is just fascist, McCarthiast policy that has nothing to do with conservatism, libertarianism or Republicanism, so take off your avatar and stop embarrasing my party.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »

First, I didnt call Romney a racist.  I called him a liar and the video proves that.  I would never call one of our own, RINO or not, racist unless they said something incredibly insensitive.  I asked why he was republican because he seems content to attack not only our potential leaders but also our philosophical and moral guides, like Levin.  That's pure popularity contest nonsense, and yes I don't like that.  He wants points on the board for showing that he's a "respectable" republican to the majority of liberals on the board.  I actually like some RINOs, like Olympia Snowe, and she helps us when she can.  I don't begrudge that in liberal or center-left states.
I've only attacked one leader, Sarah Palin, because she is an idiot and I've stated the reasons why she isn't intelligent.  I have never gotten a response to some of my questions because some of her actions aren't defendable and people like you know that.  You get your moral guidance from Levin?  Why don't you get it from yourself? 
TheGreatOne

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »

Yep that's basically it.  This guy will overlook Palin's lies, hypocrisies,  and idiocy, but not Romney. 
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »

I dont overlook Palin's faults.  She is a hypocrite on the bridge to nowhere.  She voted for it before she voted against it.  I don't like her support of bailouts.  I don't like that she punted the Couric question on books.  I don't like how inarticulate she is on national security.  I think that she will get better on national security and I think she's finding her place right now.  She's not an idiot though - she wouldn't have the amount of power and following if she were.  Unless, you think that the majority of our party is stupid and irrational (which is of course the view of the left).  I also think that you should focus more of your energy on pointing out the double standard in criticism between Palin and Obama, and even Romney and Obama for that matter.

With that said, how can you overlook Romney's flaws and lies?  The man had the largest role in securing socialized healthcare for Massachusetts.  Do you want him to be running the country and delivering on the largest plank in the democratic platform over the last 50 years?  How can you defend his attack on Reagan in the video?  Even Reagan won Mass. twice.

I should rephrase what I said about Levin.  Levin is a philosophical leader of our movement and helps remind us what the founders intended.   My moral leader is God and myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies