Who do you WANT to win the GOP nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:49:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you WANT to win the GOP nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Who do you WANT to win the GOP nomination?  (Read 13003 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »

Why do you continue to criticize Romney and push Huckabee? Huckabee is a theocratic loon, who isn't even a supporter of basic Republican principles. Sarah Palin is an idiot who is mentally incapable of the job of President of the United States. People like Palin and Huckabee are the reason why the Republican party is marginalized in Presidential elections nowadays. The average American doesn't care for fanatics who claim that Jesus gave them the right to invade Iraq being in the White house.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »

Why do you continue to criticize Romney and push Huckabee? Huckabee is a theocratic loon, who isn't even a supporter of basic Republican principles. Sarah Palin is an idiot who is mentally incapable of the job of President of the United States. People like Palin and Huckabee are the reason why the Republican party is marginalized in Presidential elections nowadays. The average American doesn't care for fanatics who claim that Jesus gave them the right to invade Iraq being in the White house.

Huckabee > Romney
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »

Huckabee > Romney

I think you mean Romney > Huckabee Wink
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2010, 11:40:19 PM »

Romney = HORRIBLE PEOPLE = Huckabee
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »

Huckabee > Romney

I think you mean Romney > Huckabee Wink

No, I do mean Huckabee > Romney.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2010, 02:44:59 AM »

I certainly do beleive a large portion of the Republican party aren't intelligent voters.  These people are uneducated, rural and poor.  They are more likely to support a canidate like Huckabee and Palin, because they have a church on the north, south, west, and east side of town.  If you want proof go look at the counties that Huckabee won in the primaries.  Check the test scores for those areas and the mean income as well as the number of the average amount of people who go to college.  Now let's look at a guy like Gary Johnson or McCain.  The base of supporters are very different.  They are more tolerant, educated, and wealthy.  Their supporters are more likely to have studied the issues. 
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

Palin! Obama would cream Palin. Or Johnson just to show the Libertarians he won't beat Obama.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »

If anyone thinks the internet, press, television ridicule, disdain, and bitter denunciation of Palin was bad when she was running for Vice President, that would be nothing in comparison to what would happen to Palin if she was the Presidential candidate.

She would be well advised to stay clear of even thinking she is Presidential material, because she comes nowhere near to being it.

She is a complete lightweight, only thrust into the forefront because John McCain plucked her out of obscurity which made her into a national figure. 

As for McCain, he proved himself completely unfit to be President by failing his first major test as a Presidential candidate, that being to pick a qualified Vice Presidential running mate.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »

I certainly do beleive a large portion of the Republican party aren't intelligent voters.  These people are uneducated, rural and poor.  They are more likely to support a canidate like Huckabee and Palin, because they have a church on the north, south, west, and east side of town.  If you want proof go look at the counties that Huckabee won in the primaries.  Check the test scores for those areas and the mean income as well as the number of the average amount of people who go to college.  Now let's look at a guy like Gary Johnson or McCain.  The base of supporters are very different.  They are more tolerant, educated, and wealthy.  Their supporters are more likely to have studied the issues. 
GTFO of our party.  You aren't worth a spit.  I'm not wasting one more minute with your BS.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »

GTFO of our party.  You aren't worth a spit.  I'm not wasting one more minute with your BS.

LOL Who's party?  Are you saying that poor, uneducated, rural people are the only people allowed in the party?  I can tell by your posts that your a religious moron.  You can't provide me with any reason to vote for Sarah Palin or Mike Hucakbee, just like the rest of the rural dumbasses who support these people because they representchristian religious values.  Just liek Palin, you have no substance.  Your full of crap.  The only one bullsh**tting is you.  You don't like Palin or Huckabee for any logical reason.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

If anyone thinks the internet, press, television ridicule, disdain, and bitter denunciation of Palin was bad when she was running for Vice President, that would be nothing in comparison to what would happen to Palin if she was the Presidential candidate.

She would be well advised to stay clear of even thinking she is Presidential material, because she comes nowhere near to being it.

She is a complete lightweight, only thrust into the forefront because John McCain plucked her out of obscurity which made her into a national figure. 

As for McCain, he proved himself completely unfit to be President by failing his first major test as a Presidential candidate, that being to pick a qualified Vice Presidential running mate.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »

Actually, I want Bob Kelleher.
petedewolfe
Rookie
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »

As do I.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

Yeah, no intelligent people in the Republican Party!
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2010, 04:23:51 PM »

Ah, the classic divide.
milhouse24
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »

I think Jeb will be the nominee, and I actually prefer him over the other potential GOP candidates.  IF GWB can convince people in Ohio to vote for him, Jeb should have no problem either, and he's the smarter brother.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2010, 02:49:43 AM »

Jim Douglas Tongue
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2010, 02:52:32 AM »

Why? I thought you were a big supporter of gay marriage?
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2010, 02:56:06 AM »

Gay marriage is not my first priority, and besides, it is an issue the Supreme Court will have to deal with. Gay marriage will NOT be legalized by simple legislation at the federal level.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2010, 02:58:21 AM »

Gay marriage is not my first priority, and besides, it is an issue the Supreme Court will have to deal with. Gay marriage will NOT be legalized by simple legislation at the federal level.

Uh, says who?
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2010, 03:00:12 AM »

Uh, says who?

Common sense and historical comparisons.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »

Mitch Daniels, perhaps. I keep reading good things about him, though no indication he intends to run.
perdedor

« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »

Lowell Weicker
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »

Either Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney, with Michele Bachmann as the VP nominee.

That will ensure an Obama landslide.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »

Either Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney, with Michele Bachmann as the VP nominee.

That will ensure an Obama landslide.

How would you feel if Obama lost to one of them, though?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies