Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:40:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103216 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: December 18, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »

Aye.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #651 on: December 18, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »

I vote Alexander Hamilton the JCP candidate.

No clue what I'm doing but he reads my Timeline PMs me so I support him haha

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

Who are you talking about please ?

A number of fellows.

Mind you, I don't have any particular problem with that, but I think that others might.

You sure did have a problem with that when I claimed I recruited Hamilton to be a zombie, which actually wasn't accurate description, but at the time it served its purpose. I still have the condescending PMs you sent me about zombies. And you said that that was one one of the bad things that is destroying Atlasia.

Recruiting for the sole purpose of having zombies is hurting Atlasia. Encouraging new people to get active isn't. We do the latter.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #652 on: December 18, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Mind you, I don't have any particular problem with that, but I think that others might.

You sure did have a problem with that when I claimed I recruited Hamilton to be a zombie, which actually wasn't accurate description, but at the time it served its purpose. I still have the condescending PMs you sent me about zombies. And you said that that was one one of the bad things that is destroying Atlasia.

Recruiting for the sole purpose of having zombies is hurting Atlasia. Encouraging new people to get active isn't. We do the latter.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe the BS that you spew.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #653 on: December 18, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Well for sure. Its not like you are going to give anyone else a change to bring a new Libertarians, Conservatives, or Republicans into this  game. So you are bound to bring a few unlucky people into the basket of rotten apples.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #654 on: December 18, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Well for sure. Its not like you are going to give anyone else a change to bring a new Libertarians, Conservatives, or Republicans into this  game. So you are bound to bring a few unlucky people into the basket of rotten apples.

The Rpp is dead, get over it.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #655 on: December 18, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Since when?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: December 18, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Since when?

Since April 09
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #657 on: December 18, 2009, 08:54:39 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Since when?

Since April 09

How does a dead party have 2 sitting senators?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #658 on: December 18, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »

I don't want to get into this, but all party's have an ebb and flow. The RPP was not going to hold 4 or 5 SEnators for very long and it was only a matter of time before we dropped down to 2 or three. Plus, the RPP was much more powerful in December 2008 when it had only two Senator and several non-party Pro-Regionalist allies like AndrewCT, Torie, etc. The number of Senators isn't a good judge of party strength.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #659 on: December 18, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »

I never mentioned "Senators", did I?

No. I did not.

Why bring up Senators?

The RPP isn't dead because of "Senators." (although you've elected merely two or three competent ones through your entire lifespan as a party)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #660 on: December 18, 2009, 09:21:37 PM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

Since when?

Since April 09

How does a dead party have 2 sitting senators?

Ask the HTUPHWEP
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #661 on: December 19, 2009, 01:33:12 AM »

no zombies here, no sir.

Indeed.

A number of fellows.

There are 3 JCP candidates : Me, NewDealDem, and Disraeli (who is a JCPINO). Please precise who this statement applies to.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #662 on: December 19, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

Part of me is a little upset that my idea of AndrewCT and me giving tag-team interview wasn't taken seriously. Sad
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #663 on: December 19, 2009, 05:55:47 PM »

Part of me is a little upset that my idea of AndrewCT and me giving tag-team interview wasn't taken seriously. Sad

Maybe it was and just hasn't been gotten to. Vepres and me are still waiting.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #664 on: December 19, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »

I would like to seek an interview with this fine establishment in the near future.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #665 on: December 19, 2009, 06:42:14 PM »

I would like to seek an interview with this fine establishment in the near future.

Get in line.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #666 on: December 20, 2009, 03:25:19 AM »

Get in line.

BTW, I asked before.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #667 on: December 20, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »

Get in line.

I don't doubt it.

Is this a news paper or a theater.

BTW, I asked before.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #668 on: January 14, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2010, 04:16:17 PM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

Fact-checking the Legacy Polisher.
January 14th, 2010

A new year. The same Hamilton.

In an interview given by my good friend Antonio from The Atlasian Tribune (and really, why would you even bother with interviewing him? It's not like you learn anything new) Hamilton goes on a bunch of nonsensical rants and self-contradictory attempts to bash the JCP and others as he's kicked out the door from Atlas by the good people, the moderators. Let's examine most of his lies and deceptions:

A : Does the ARC have a sort of internal functioning ? I mean, the way you define platform, mobilize voters, and run candidates. Could you explain it to us ?

H : Our platform was largely developed by Chairman Mint, with some help from myself and Einzige. i'm pleased with the outcome. As for which candidates we run, we typically look at an election, see if we already have a candidate, and if not, we will let any member run who wants to run. We try to encourage newer members to seek low-ranking offices to et them started in Atlasia, this, of course, has been shot down by members of every other party, though, as they don't wish to give newbies any fighting chance in this game. As for mobilizing voters- we don't really have any particular technique or tactic, but we simply bring forth our message to voters and more often than not it resonates, giving pleasing results. In December, Mint won a large bloc of well-known swing voters that gave him the first place spot.

Haha. No. The ARC, first of all, is not a very original force, even if, for the sake of argument, we consider it's power even remotely significant. Certainly, it massed alot of votes in the previous election, but many of the voters weren't even theirs, and Newsletter Ranting has dealt with this issue previously, which I'll recite here from the previous rant, A Deal With the Devil:

These are the voters that cast their vote for the ARC candidate in the Senate election:

(cutie_15, Hamilton, segwaystyle2012, Lahbas, Winston Disraeli, Mechaman, Einzige, Earth, azmagic, Dallasfan65, ajc0918, Libertas, Mint, jamespol, FallenMorgan, rebeltarian, phknrocket1k, Sam Spade, Elvis Republican, yoman82, General Mung Beans, PiT)

We can safely call segwaystyle2012, Lahbas, azmagic, Dallasfan65, ajc0918, rebeltarian, Elvis Republican, yoman82, and General Mung Beans zombies. I didn't even know who the hell some of these people were or that they were registered until they voted, for Christ's sake. That's nine voters that are conclusively zombies, let along the others that you could classify as close, such as Earth, phknrocket1k (who is a JCP zombie), or FallenMorgan who doesn't really participate much at all, but whatever, I'll give that libertarian the benefit of the doubt though.

What can be said though, is that out of 22 total votes for the ARC candidate, at least ten of them are zombies. Nearly HALF of the ARC candidate votes in the Senate elections were zombies! Other candidates aren't innocent, of course. Badger had a couple zombies, Fritz had one, Afleitch had one, Barnes had one or two. But none of these candidates relied so heavily that quite literally 50% of their total support came from them!

Hamilton's attempt to once again rewrite history in his favor, boasting about numbers inflated by zombies and his lackeys, shall not prevail so long as I have a newspaper I can write in. Let's continue on with some more of his claims from the interview.

A : What is your opinion of the other Atlasian parties ? Please specify for each one.

H : Jesus Christ Party- Frankly, I don't like them one bit. They are far too powerful and have literally put in measures to monopolize the game (that supposedly bgwah even opposes). I think it's pathetic that people like Lief, Marokai, and Bacon King defend their blatant zombie voters simply because they post a lot and maybe were involved here years ago. They have hurt many new people trying to get involved with their antics and it's really upsetting.

In responding to the first allegation, that the JCP is some sort of evil machine that tries to monopolize the game and secretly control it by instituting strict controls on the game to preserve our power.. well.. what can be said other than this is complete nonsense? The JCP has engaged or at least quietly defended practices such as zombie voting in the past. Many still do, and we have some zombies in our party, just as their are in any other. However, the JCP isn't really much more guilty of such things on average than any other candidate or party these days, so this is just an ancient talking point trotted out by those who hate the JCP simply because Bgwah is in charge.

After, though, people like Hamilton came to power rapidly recruiting outsiders, friends to be his lackeys (Segway, henceforth known as Hamilton's Vessel, comes to mind) and attempted to do such things as invade the pacific region with his zombies (one of whom was NiK, just fyi), we realized that these tactics were going far beyond the average annoyance, they were becoming a heavily used and abused way of trying to unbalance and destroy the game. Many people, like Meeker, were coming out in favor of things they never previously supported, because of the sheer number of zombies Hamilton had continued to dredge up, and Hamilton is, admittedly, the main reason I switched positions on HAEV, and pressed for it's passage during my final hours in the Senate.

As for scaring away newbies, this is ridiculous. Xahar and Hamilton played the same tune here, constantly criticizing us for commenting on suspicious newbies. How far off-base are we, really? We criticized segway as soon as he registered and by doing so, caught a bunch of flak claiming that we "intimidate newbies" and the curiously circular logic that we can't criticize newbies for being zombies because they might at some point in the future POSSIBLY become active. Well look how that turned out? Segway does exactly what Hamilton tells him to even beyond the frakking Atlas grave, posting his thoughts and making threads posting whatever Hamilton tells him to post.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we were criticizing and caught BS for.

Democratic Alliance- Not a big fan, mostly because they actually take Purple State seriously. I have yet to see the "pragmatic centrism" in their voting. I've noticed they prefer radical extremists to pragmatic centrists. Look at how they supported far-left Marokai over the moderate Duke, likewise with right-wing fringe candidate DWTL over a moderate like Fritz, and supporting Lief's radical platform over PiT's pragmatic approach in October. I think they have some respectable members but I don't believe they stand for all that they claim to and are quite a bit overrated.

This is just yet another attempt to re-write history and intimidate the Democratic Alliance into backing away from reasonable JCP members "just 'cause" the way Hash actually fell to just weeks before. PiT was hardly "pragmatic" in his approach, he was a shameless vote grabber that did whatever it took to win. Not only was PiT already a loser candidate (having lost in the election in June) but PiT engaged in disgusting vote tactics such as trying to make, with Hamilton's direction, absurd promises to the LNF such as backstabbing his own party members and promising Al a cabinet position, just so he got a few extra votes. (Then people like Earl came out pretending not to know what was going on even though he knew he did.)

Hamilton tries to make this about political positions, amusing, given his constant whining about hyperpartisanship. But even so, this wasn't about political positions. It was about the disgusting tactics of a desperate candidate and a desperate party, willing to do whatever it took to win. The Democratic Alliance is a mature and reasonable party, and they didn't fall for it.

H : All of them are "zombies" except azmagic and Winfield. azmagic at least loosely follows what is going on here and as you know, can justify any vote he's ever made. Winfield will vote for the candidates that best portrays himself, as he does not belong to any particular party.

What can you possibly do to this response except laugh at the sheer ballsiness of it all? So; Azmagic ISN'T a zombie because he "loosely follows" what's going on in Atlasia, but BRTD for instance IS a zombie even though he follows what's going on in Atlasia and even posts about JCP internal affairs several times. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. This is actually after Hamilton complains about "hyperpartisanship" even though nothing could possible motivate such an asinine response such as this except some form of hyperpartisanship.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #669 on: January 14, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

Fact-checking the Legacy Polisher. (Part 2)
January 14th, 2010

H : Mint was a pretty consistent voter since he registered [strategically] as one of Tmthforu's zombies. Oh, but only Hamilton can have zombies, so Antonio likes Tmth but hates Hamilton. okay.

Anyways, Mint has voted and ran a good campaign so I think his participation was fine. As for experience, how is Senate any different from any other office? it isn't. And frankly, the experienced people around here suck, so I'd love to see some less active and newer posters win election to any office.

Once again, we see a response motivated by nothing really objective, as Mint was a highly inexperienced and virtually mute campaigner in public. He might've PMed people in private, but he made no serious public engagements or really had a grasp on Atlasian history.

The Senate, however, is vastly different from other offices. It's power is far more broad and the implications of it's policies are far more broad. The Senate is a much more important body than, say, the Northeast Assembly or the Pacific Legislature, and we hold it's members is far higher esteem. This is just the desperate rationalization of a man who wanted nothing but his cronies in office, without regard for the experience or history of the candidate. This is, amusingly, another instance of his "hyperpartisanship" that he loves to decry.

H : My feeling is that it shouldn't even be held. It's pointless. People aren't going to vote for the candidate who has the views closest to theirs or who they think would do the best job, they're going to vote for the candidate who is on their side- establishment or anti-establishment. That's why people like you will sell out your ideology so quickly- to keep in favor with the establishment and hope one day you get a chance.

This is another contradictory statement from someone with a history so riddled with lies and deception. He talks about "establishment vs. anti-establishment" nonsense, which in reality is just a way to have some cheap rallying cry and pretend to actually have a purpose. His real purpose has been and always will be the pursuit of power and influence (a similar goal of Xahar's). There is no genuine effort to bring in "new blood" to the game, it's an effort centered around using the old "establishment" when it suits their goals (trying to ally with the LNF, as if the fact that the LNF would go along with such a ploy is supposed to surprise me, using Xahar as a ticket-topper even though his political ideology is contrary to the entire ARC, etc) and then railing against the "establishment" when it gives them cute talking points.

Hamilton has consistently made comments like this, which seem to go against his "it's all about taking down the establishment!" nonsense:

So this con-artist plays up on the anti-establishment baloney when it rallies up his clique, and then tries to play up ideological brotherhood whenever it suits him as well. It's so laughably transparent anyone falling for this guy or any of his associates needs slapped.

A : What should be, in your opinion, a good agenda for the next President ?

H : I don't really care. I'd like to see some kind of "reboot" feature where we can somehow start the game over (re-register, new Constitutions for each region, get people back in their homestates, stick Europeans in the Midwest, possibly erase laws currently in existence and be forced to re-do them).

And so he finally at least admits it. He doesn't give a damn about anything involving policy making, or elected officials doing their job.. no, none of that boring stuff. He just wants to throw kinks in the line, he just wants to cause a little chaos, he just wanted to "shake things up."

What horseshit.

Serious people play this game, serious people that actually want to play it right. People like Afleitch, Franzl, Purple State, and others, people who have had my utmost respect because they're mature and actually take the game seriously, these are people that don't want to fuck things up just for the hell of it. When they are Senators, they play a Senator well. Purple State is a GM, and he plays his position well. Franzl is now SoFA, and he plays his position well. People actually have to do their jobs Hamilton.

This game is for fun, but even people who don't take it too seriously like Ilikeverin recognize the fact that you should take the game somewhat seriously and play it properly, even if you want to have a little fun with it. People who don't take the game seriously are what nearly killed this game over and over again, when people didn't do their jobs as Senators, when people continued a never-ending stream of recruiting, even some from off-site, and so on. People have to have some basic level of respect for the game for it to thrive!

Yes, yes it is, Hamilton's Vessel. And I, for one, welcome it with open arms. We still have alot of problems in Atlasia, with the agents of chaos still determined to ruin the game "for teh lulz" and so on, but they have been dealt a blow with the banning of the single-handedly most dangerous person to Atlasia. Many people like to bash DWTL (because that's just the en vogue thing to do) but Hamilton was 50x worse than DWTL at his prime. The list of reasons for that can go on and on, and anyone who denies such is just being immature.

Atlasia, as always, must remain ever-vigilant to threats such as Hamilton, and many still remain, but hopefully we can move forward at least somewhat improved.

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)
(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #670 on: January 14, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

Ah.. yes that felt quite nice.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #671 on: January 14, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »

Excellent, really excellent. Though most of this was now evident to any sane user, truth always deserve to be said in its entirety.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It was mostly to give people like you the possibility to finally put on light his constant lies. And also a bit for the pleasure to own him. Tongue

Again, very good job. Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #672 on: January 14, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

Brilliant as always Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States