Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 02:16:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103456 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

It's quite entertaining when Marokai pretends to have a persecution complex.
He just can't accept the fact that the best candidate got the most votes.

I got the most votes?

Hey, if you had joined the ARC, I would have supported you.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »

He said "in the last six months." And have they done anything? I think that your failure to provide an accomodating answer is evidence enough that you don't care about whatever zombies really are, you just want to see the ARC finished off. Well, good luck, because we aren't going anywhere.

And you have recruited an army of zombies that don't have any interest in contributing to the game just to push up your vote totals.

Is it legal? Yes. (Or at least until we get a good HAEV to stop this madness.)
Does it lower the quality of the game? Hell yes.

You know this how? I was asked to join and encoruaged to run for office and participate.

Exactly, same with me. When I was a member of the RPP, the only time I was ever contacted by them was when they needed my vote.

The first time I started to get involved in Atlasia, Marokai unleashed his vitriol and started bitching about how a few others along with myself were "zombies."

The ARC represents newness and change, and that scares the establishment hacks who are used to having a monopoly on power here.

Oh, I agree, and these disgusting attacks are the main reason I intend to stay active, as well as encourage as many new participants as possible to come over here. The bias and elitism is disturbing, to say the least.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »

I don't oppose the ARC per se....I commend posters such as Einzige that have shown genuine interest and have really made an effort to take part in debate, hence my first preference for Einzige in the Assembly election.

I do get the feeling that talking with a lot of ARC people is more strenuous, to quote Barney Frank, than trying to hold a conversation with a dining room table. All their arguments are based on the premise that they have somehow been wronged and they merely seek to defend themselves from oppression.

Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »

I don't oppose the ARC per se....I commend posters such as Einzige that have shown genuine interest and have really made an effort to take part in debate, hence my first preference for Einzige in the Assembly election.

I do get the feeling that talking with a lot of ARC people is more strenious, to quote Barney Frank, than trying to hold a conversation with a dining room table. All their arguments are based on the premise that they have somehow been wronged at they merely seek to defend themselves from oppression.

But we essentially have been. Until now, the libertarian movement and the non-libertarian Right have been married at the hip both here and abroad. My goal with this is to find a way to attract people like yourself - people whom I call small-government progressives - and dialogue with them, in an effort to handicap the Right. You'd think the establishment Left here would go for that; they most certainly have not.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2009, 06:53:58 PM »

Hey lets not bash people who are not in the conversation. It would be more productive. But not by much. No matter if you think someone is a zombie you should still give a party a chance to prove themselves. And no one is giving the ARC a chance. That is flat out rude. So if you have been rude to the ARC don't go and say you are just trying to save the game. You are just adding to the problem by doing that. And this whole argument taking up space is pointless! Give them time to prove themselves.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »

The base issue here is the way Marokai attacks people when they do try to get involved. We can't have that. When I joined Atlasia and decided to run for Senate, nobody called me a zombie. I had a low post count back then.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »

The base issue here is the way Marokai attacks people when they do try to get involved. We can't have that. When I joined Atlasia and decided to run for Senate, nobody called me a zombie. I had a low post count back then.

Well yeah, he said he wishes I would leave, but I most certainly won't. I intend to fight back against this egomaniac.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2009, 07:21:31 PM »

Well yeah, he said he wishes I would leave, but I most certainly won't. I intend to fight back against this egomaniac.

Let's not be too harsh on him. His heart's in the right place.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »

Yet filled with vitriol, rudeness, and disrespect?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »

Yet filled with vitriol, rudeness, and disrespect?

More or less.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

With DWTL's decline from day to day relevance, it would seem that "Marokai Azul"(rotflol) has taken his place.

Munches on the third bowl of popcorn and takes a drink of pepsi straight out of the bottle.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that this GaryJohnson guy is a sock?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »

Because you suffer from paranoia?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »

Because you suffer from paranoia?

After surviving the nonesense of both Xahar and Hamilton, I would say some of us reserved the right to be cautious about certain things.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2009, 08:59:59 PM »

after finally taking some time to read this newsletter, i resent the implication that I'm a "zombie" simply because I'm relatively new to Atlasia. i don't think that the shunning, bullying, or denying of new members makes the game more interesting by any stretch of the imagination.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #540 on: December 15, 2009, 09:08:12 PM »

after finally taking some time to read this newsletter, i resent the implication that I'm a "zombie" simply because I'm relatively new to Atlasia. i don't think that the shunning, bullying, or denying of new members makes the game more interesting by any stretch of the imagination.

AKA, I was told by the ARC to come post this in this thread.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #541 on: December 15, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »

Isn't it funny how quickly you change your tune now that the legs have been cut out from under the RPP?

Or did DWTL tell you to come post this in this thread?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #542 on: December 15, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »

LOL, and the RPP wonders why its membership has collapsed while the ARC's numbers are growing.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #543 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »

I love how no one has denied it.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #544 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »

There's no person called "ARC" that could have told anyone to come post here.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »

Your master Hamilton.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

actually i came here myself, saw an ensuing arguement between an ARC member and someone else, (which piqued my interest) then read back a few pages and found my name. this is a crusade against new players, and I feel that keeping the same exact game with the same exact players will cause it to grow stagnant. who's the one ruining the game?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #547 on: December 15, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »

who's the one ruining the game?

Hamilton.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #548 on: December 15, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »

Your master Hamilton.

Hamilton is on mod review and can't even post.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:21 PM »

who's the one ruining the game?

Hamilton.

yes, educating new players about a game or encouraging them to run for office or join a political party that the new player shares will destroy a game. your last reply was very expansive, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies