Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:48:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103200 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »

FTR, I offered PiT the chair but he agreed that recruiting was a duty of the vice-chair and I was best to lead the party
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »

FTR, I offered PiT the chair but he agreed that recruiting was a duty of the vice-chair and I was best to lead the party

This is correct.
Swing Voter
swingvoter
Rookie
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.43

« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2009, 07:46:34 PM »

I found it humorus that he criticizes me for alienating people when the fact is the only people I try and drive out of the party are those that are Hamilton spies

Lol, Josh wasn't a Hamilton spy. Vepres wasn't a Hamilton spy and didn't want anything to do with him. To your credit, you did succeed at making us a major party. But, if you help alienate members such as Tmth, Josh, and Vepres, all that work you stove for will be undone.

And Antonio, I haven't communicated with him about the game at all. Most of the time past August, I didn't. It was more of political ideals/other stuff. It was only till recently that I started to again. So I don't know if that fits the definition of "Epic fail". I accepted the consequences of what I did, and I know I probably helped Hamilton in posting the PMs, long term though. I should have waited until the bill passed in the Senate however.

DWTL never did sh**t. PiT, Tmth, Yankee and I recruited basically everyone. DWTL is a tool.

There is more to running a party then just recruitment and that was one of your biggest problems, was not seeing that. lol you were going to have the ARC get to 20 by December 1st, with who, socks and trolls?

Mostly trolls and/or friends. We already had 15-16 members and two confirmed they would join later. It really was not a difficult goal. We had already surpassed the LNF and about met the DA.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yankee, you aren't very smart. Don't try to make yourself out to be smart, please.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »

The ARC was bound to fail and the RPP had the same problem that any rapidly growing, highly centralized power has. One of these days the Atlasian Right is going to learn that to compete effectively, it needs a more stable and sustainable model.

The DA may not be large, but we are stable. This helps us better reach out to people. We rarely surprise, but we always deliver.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »

The DA is the only real old-style party in Atlasia today, though the AFDNC is moving in that direction.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »

I found it humorus that he criticizes me for alienating people when the fact is the only people I try and drive out of the party are those that are Hamilton spies

Lol, Josh wasn't a Hamilton spy. Vepres wasn't a Hamilton spy and didn't want anything to do with him. To your credit, you did succeed at making us a major party. But, if you help alienate members such as Tmth, Josh, and Vepres, all that work you stove for will be undone.

And Antonio, I haven't communicated with him about the game at all. Most of the time past August, I didn't. It was more of political ideals/other stuff. It was only till recently that I started to again. So I don't know if that fits the definition of "Epic fail". I accepted the consequences of what I did, and I know I probably helped Hamilton in posting the PMs, long term though. I should have waited until the bill passed in the Senate however.

DWTL never did sh**t. PiT, Tmth, Yankee and I recruited basically everyone. DWTL is a tool.

There is more to running a party then just recruitment and that was one of your biggest problems, was not seeing that. lol you were going to have the ARC get to 20 by December 1st, with who, socks and trolls?

Mostly trolls and/or friends. We already had 15-16 members and two confirmed they would join later. It really was not a difficult goal. We had already surpassed the LNF and about met the DA.

Yankee, you aren't very smart. Don't try to make yourself out to be smart, please.

You weren't very bright either, dumbass.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »

The DA is the only real old-style party in Atlasia today, though the AFDNC is moving in that direction.

Has anyone ever observed your extreme wit?  If not, perhaps you should take greater pains to point it out.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »

Has anyone ever observed your extreme wit?  If not, perhaps you should take greater pains to point it out.

I wasn't around during the time of the AFDNC. I just assume Xahar is saying that we are more old-fashioned than the most old-fashioned, although what an "old-style party in Atlasia" means, I do not know.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

Has anyone ever observed your extreme wit?  If not, perhaps you should take greater pains to point it out.

I wasn't around during the time of the AFDNC. I just assume Xahar is saying that we are more old-fashioned than the most old-fashioned, although what an "old-style party in Atlasia" means, I do not know.

Old fashioned parties are generally the type with private forums where the names of other Atlasians are automatically changed into profanities.

I think it stems from an inability to conduct business in the public sphere, but I can't be sure.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2009, 09:31:10 PM »

Old fashioned parties are generally the type with private forums where the names of other Atlasians are automatically changed into profanities.

I think it stems from an inability to conduct business in the public sphere, but I can't be sure.

Then I am lost on Xahar's wit. Oh well.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2009, 09:33:07 PM »

None of the filters on that forum change the names of Atlasians to profanities. On the other hand, the voting regulations of your region do.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

I have yet to understand why or how people form "close bonds" of friendship quickly with others in this game. It's a game. They aren't being supportive or understanding. It's a game, online, with strangers. You play it with others, but they aren't your "friends."

All the members of the LNF are each other's friends Cry
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2009, 10:08:58 AM »

The ARC was bound to fail and the RPP had the same problem that any rapidly growing, highly centralized power has. One of these days the Atlasian Right is going to learn that to compete effectively, it needs a more stable and sustainable model.

The DA may not be large, but we are stable. This helps us better reach out to people. We rarely surprise, but we always deliver.

100% agreed.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »

I quite admire the DA's strategy. They do not go on major recruiting drives, yet they still manage to be a large force.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

The Anti-Region Regionalists!
December 2nd, 2009

When you think the Atlasian Right has reached the height of hypocrisy, you find out they can climb even higher!

Introduced yesterday, an Amendment to allow regions the ability to determine the way they elected their representative, alone or in partnership with other regions, was introduced. The proposal had the goal of encouraging regions along the way of encouraging their competitiveness in their regional Senate elections, and an increased and excited electorate, all done in a regional rights setting!

The best of both worlds! Or one might think. Indeed, despite the fact that it's the most region-friendly game reform proposal introduced in recent months, the forces lining up in opposition consist mostly of the Status Quo Protection Party.

The response from The Regionalist teddy bear?

That's right, the regionalists killed him. Way to go, guys. RIP Regionalist bear.

Yes, like past reform efforts, this argument against doesn't really have anything to do with the proposal at hand, or if it does, it consists mostly of flat-out ignorance of what the proposal entails. It's, instead, the VAST ANTI-REGION CONSPIRACEE creeping it's supposedly ugly head once more. Somehow, the proposal to give regions more power amounts to killing regions. Let's watch.

No, the purpose is a few people trying to basically create 10 at-large seats, hoping that all the regions band together to elect 5 "regional" Senators.

Looks, lets face it the first move will be the Pacific and Midwest combining so that the JCP can score an easy double victory. Perhaps then a merger of the Northeast and Mideast to keep the RPP from winning the Mideast seat.  We see what the idea is here, to increase liberal power

It strikes me as the perfect vehicle for people who want to abolish the regional Senate seats.

Oooh, spooky. DWTL, funny enough, made the closest thing to the classic "LEFTIST POWER GRAB" said so far in the "debate." I said "debate" of course, because this is all scaremongering nonsense not at all related to the issue at hand.

This proposal leaves everything up to the regions, right down to the voting system they want. It lets regions decide if they want to enter into a "Senate Partnership" with other regions and then holds a referendum, and the two partners then elect their regional Senators together, their positions and voters combined. The partnership can be broken off at any time by a simple majority vote by any of the regions in the agreement.

It leaves everything up to the regions if they want to increase competition and excitement in their races. It's a great idea, and probably my favorite game reform proposal ever brought forward, and once that deserves interesting discussion, not freak-outs and weaving supposed leftist conspiracies.

The hypocrisy of the opposition is clear. They oppose allowing regions to determine the way they elect their representative, and why? Because they don't like it that way. They've become just as authoritarian in their reasoning as those that want the federal government to abolish all regional Senate elections. They want to preserve the status quo, they don't want to protect regions, and this fact ought to be remembered now and forever. They are not, NOT, a "regional protection" party. It is a farce.

The most regionalist Senator in debate? Franzl.

So, for the record, you support overruling the will of the regions in order to maintain "one senator, one region"?

Can a region or can it not vote to remove its regional representation?  I again cite Xahar's election that flukes can happen in elections that do not reflect the view of the people

You clearly demonstrate that you couldn't give a s**t about regional rights.

As for DWTL's question in the above quote, the answer here is no. The only way he could come to that idea is if he had absolutely no frakking clue what the Amendment said, which wouldn't surprise me. Scream first, debate later, the creed of the Atlasian Right.

The Regional Protection Party should be recognized far and wide as nothing more than an electoral ploy. A nice-sounding name and cute ideology of "regional protection" to rally their voters, but it is all a fraud. The RPP doesn't support regional rights anymore than I support a flat tax. They support regional rights when it benefits them politically, but when it's regions doing something they don't like, they drop "regional rights" like a blazing potato.

Remember remember, the 2nd of December. The day the RPP turned into a lie.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2009, 05:29:27 PM »

Warning: Do not mix sexual frustration and Atlasian politics.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »

RPP has no principles. Joke party.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »

Sad, but certainly true.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »

You assume that debate did not occur, we debated the issue heavily on the private forum before coming to a consensus.  However, it is easy to see this is a ploy to give the JCP extra senate seats.  You can scream all you guys want that this is opposing regions, but there is nothing more anti-regional than allowing a vote to overturn regional senate seats.  We will never allow this up/down vote to occur because once in a bluemoon the fluke will occur and the seat will be lost (see the election of Torie in the Pacific or Xahar in the Dirty South)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2009, 07:02:35 PM »

You assume that debate did not occur, we debated the issue heavily on the private forum before coming to a consensus.  However, it is easy to see this is a ploy to give the JCP extra senate seats.  You can scream all you guys want that this is opposing regions, but there is nothing more anti-regional than allowing a vote to overturn regional senate seats.  We will never allow this up/down vote to occur because once in a bluemoon the fluke will occur and the seat will be lost (see the election of Torie in the Pacific or Xahar in the Dirty South)

How were those "flukes"? The electorate decided on them. Torie even won a landslide re-election (unanimous).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2009, 07:08:54 PM »

You assume that debate did not occur, we debated the issue heavily on the private forum before coming to a consensus.  However, it is easy to see this is a ploy to give the JCP extra senate seats.

How does that even make sense? Where would the JCP pick up any extra seats? This Amendment doesn't create any new offices or give any one party any advantage in any way. And once again, the decision to join Senate elections would be totally up to the population of the regions.

This, too, makes no sense. You're protecting the rights of regions to conduct themselves by preventing the allowance of giving them a choice to do something different? You're a regional rights supporter opposing a regional rights initiative in the name of regional rights. That's foolish. You're just being a hypocrite.

As for flukes. They were not flukes, they were LOSSES. You can describe a loss as a "fluke" if it makes you feel better, but a loss is a loss in elections.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2009, 07:09:43 PM »

DWTL doesn't understand that the Southeast is not an RPP region.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »

Pretty much. I only lost it by a single vote.

Anyway, as Franzl pointed out in the Senate debate, this would actually raise the bar to abolishing regional senate seats, as in this proposal all five regions would have to agree, as opposed to just four if we amended the constitution.

Regional rights supporters should see this as a chance for regions to experiment with the system and prove to people like me that regional senate elections can be made interesting and fun.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:18 PM »

Pretty much. I only lost it by a single vote.

Anyway, as Franzl pointed out in the Senate debate, this would actually raise the bar to abolishing regional senate seats, as in this proposal all five regions would have to agree, as opposed to just four if we amended the constitution.

Regional rights supporters should see this as a chance for regions to experiment with the system and prove to people like me that regional senate elections can be made interesting and fun.

And that single vote was a "fluke" [ECR]. So, it's safe to say that you would have won it, if it weren't a fluke.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies