Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:28:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103197 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2009, 05:07:35 AM »

On the article, while I have no problem with critique of my proposals (and as you know I'm eager to discuss them Wink), I suspect had I been a member of the JCP, I wouldn't have been a subject of this piece.

One can't but note that your estimable party colleague, Sen. Fritz, has also proposed significant reform of the Vice Presidency in terms of election and function (which you appear also to vociforously oppose)  that you also appear to strongly disapprove of for much the same reasons as you opposed my amendment. This, however, goes unmentioned.

I also don't think it's fair to suggest the LNF has developed a co-ordinated policy on electoral reform designed to hurt the JCP. I don't think there's any evidence to really support that at all - indeed, I think an examination of the LNF's voting habits in the recent election indicate that we clearly had no problem with most of the JCP candidates who stood for election.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

Jas, you do bring up a good point that I actually forgot to include in my article. I do oppose Fritz's amendment about changing the way we elect VPs, and making the VP have the powers of the PPT, and have stated so quite publicly in the Senate.

So yes, I do view Fritz's amendment as change for change's sake just the same as the other proposals. In fairness, however, his amendment has been consumed with at least three other unrelated proposals, so it got drowned out.

I assure you though that I didn't mean to show favoritism at all.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2009, 08:10:54 AM »

Electing VP separately will raise pluralism in the executive. It does make sense, and I personally support it.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2009, 08:14:45 AM »

Jas, you do bring up a good point that I actually forgot to include in my article. I do oppose Fritz's amendment about changing the way we elect VPs, and making the VP have the powers of the PPT, and have stated so quite publicly in the Senate.

So yes, I do view Fritz's amendment as change for change's sake just the same as the other proposals. In fairness, however, his amendment has been consumed with at least three other unrelated proposals, so it got drowned out.

I assure you though that I didn't mean to show favoritism at all.

Fair enough. Thanks for the response. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:16 PM »

Newsletter Ranting
Telling it like it is. Angrily.

Is it too soon to say I told you so?
November 9th, 2009

I knew that it was only a matter of time. Only a matter of time before the forces of chaos began to marshal themselves again, and only a matter of time before Hamilton began to rebuild his power base.

Hamilton, proven liar, has caused me alot of grief over the last month or two, with alot of people bitching at me because I was too hard on him, or because I focused on him above all others in my criticism. Kalwejt briefly left the JCP in protest, Afleitch complained I was losing sight of the real culprits, the LNF for the most part, came to his defense after he joined the LNF, and perhaps even still defend him to this day, Antonio complained to me in private that I was being too pro-DWTL in my criticism of Hamilton, among many many other things.

And here we are again, aren't we? Is it too soon to say I told you so?

The man who attempted an invasion of the Pacific region, the man who has been on mod review three times, the man who orchestrated most of the backroom deals in the run-up to the October Presidential Election between PiT and the LNF, the man well known for his almost obsessive recruiting of new voting zombies, this man, has returned to wreak havoc once more, with his zombies and know-nothings at his side.

Creating a party based on presumably absolutely nothing but meaningless mumbo jumbo, Hamilton has begun his own army, no longer hiding amongst the RPP leaders or in the bosom of the LNF. Such esteemed members of his new party include:

Libertas, zombie. Jamespol, a zombie has-been. Einzige, another zombie who hasn't contributed. Winston Disraeli, notable do-nothing who ran for Senate yet didn't even show up to vote for himself, and who moved to, shocker, Hamilton's region. Sirnick, who I didn't even know existed until today. Mint, former RPP zombie who initially joined solely to vote for Master Tmth.

Quite the Special Olympics line-up Hamilton's got going for him there.

More truthful words have never been spoken.

Sadly, the party is putting forth a blitz of candidates for office later on. Including one candidate for the Mideast Assembly, two for the Senate in December, and another for the Northeast Assembly. These members will be watched very closely by Newsletter Ranting as the run-up to the elections continues on, and hopefully my fellow Atlasians can join me in standing firm against candidates that do nothing, know nothing, and care nothing for Atlasia.

Because that's really been the problem in Atlasia in recent months, the surge in recruiting has led to a great influx of ignorant do-nothing voters that don't know or care about the system. And they've been led by such intellectually bankrupt individuals that it breeds this terrible strain of outright ignorance and adversity to any sort of maturity or serious discussion on the issues, and people like that can't be allowed to gain a serious foothold into power in Atlasia.

Hamilton's party must be opposed, universally, as they have either shown no serious attitude towards Atlasia, no involvement whatsoever, or have only been trouble-makers, they can cause nothing but chaos for Atlasia, nothing but harm. I have faith that the Democratic Alliance and the JCP will oppose these undesirables. I want to believe the LNF will, as well.

Now is the time where the left and center must unite, not out of ideological similarities or ideological brotherhood, but out of an alliance for common sense and maturity. Don't let Hamilton fool you all again.

Or I might just really be forced to say "I told you so."
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2009, 12:00:46 AM »

We get it. You hate me. You are opposed to everything I do. You hate that people found a party that allows them to participate in Atlasia and still feel good about themselves. You hate that I haven't left this place and you hate that I am coming back better than ever. You hate that I have built a party out of nothing and already have candidates and you hate that I am not even using it to prop up myself. You hate that you have home problems and that you can't just have everything go your way on the internet. Guess what? The Atlasia Reform Coalition is here to stay. And we will do what we can to promote our cause, and we will do it in good faith.

There has been no previous involvement from me? None from Mechaman? Give me a break. Many of our members never felt comfortable working with such distasteful parties. Now they are free to keep their principles and still have a shot at election.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »

Ah, hate for Hamilton, true tri-partisanship.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:57 AM »

Ah, hate for Hamilton, true tri-partisanship.

Can't say it's not deserved.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2009, 12:02:56 AM »

I'd like an interview, tomorrow or Wednesday, perhaps?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:53 AM »

Can't say I ever thought of doing interviews before but if I was going to give interviews, they wouldn't be fluff pieces, I assure you. With that in mind, if you're still up for it, I'll interview anyone that wants it, I suppose.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2009, 12:05:43 AM »

Well spoken. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2009, 12:08:44 AM »

Can't say I ever thought of doing interviews before but if I was going to give interviews, they wouldn't be fluff pieces, I assure you. With that in mind, if you're still up for it, I'll interview anyone that wants it, I suppose.

Gotcha. Wednesday?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2009, 12:09:59 AM »

Gotcha. Wednesday?

Certainly, you'll get a PM from me with questions then.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »

Ooh, cool, I'd like an interview.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »

Voting for me =/= Me recruiting them in my own party.

Mind if I PM you now?
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2009, 12:19:40 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2009, 12:21:56 AM by Effigy ™ »

Zombie? Get over yourself. I was an inactive voter for a few months because I was bored here and *gasp* have certain responsibilities I had to attend to which didn't involve games on some obscure forum. I came back because it looked like this might actually be fun again.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »

Zombie? Get over yourself. I was an inactive voter for a few months because I was bored here and *gasp* have certain responsibilities I had to attend to which didn't involve games on some obscure forum. I came back because it looked like this might actually be fun again.

First of all, I would imagine plenty of people here would be insulted at the implication that participating in Atlasia is somehow a life-consuming task. It's quite simple. Plenty of people participate quite alot, it doesn't take much.

As I've said to many others though, prove your worth. Most people just don't prance into Atlasia and right into high office. Afleitch is a longstanding member of Atlasia and has held numerous offices, Franzl was Attorney General and a Mideast Assemblyman before getting into the Senate.

MaxQue was a longstanding member involved in the SDP and ran many times in the Pacific before he got into the Senate. Even Fritz, who didn't do alot before running for the Senate, was involved in the Constitutional Convention and involved in both the DA and JCP before running in a Special Election. I was Attorney General, candidate for two elections that I lost, and leader of a party before I got into the Senate. NCY was a Vice-Presidential candidate (no other choices at the time) and involved member of the RPP before he got into the Senate.

Where have you been? What have you done? This goes for any candidate. I asked Phil his accomplishments before we took him into the Attorney General position after my departure from that position. He had none, and turned out to be a do-nothing AG. You haven't even been active in the form at-large for several months!

If you actually think Atlasia "might be fun" then you should run for lower offices or try to participate in the internal goings-on here. The fact that you haven't, and conveniently showed up the minute Hamilton started a party, leads me to believe you're not really interested much in Atlasia at all. Even people like Ilikeverin and Lewis take the game seriously sometimes.

Let me get this straight...

Einzige is in JCP, does nothing=Marokai says nothing

Einzige is in ARC, does something=useless zombie

Marokai, you're sickening.

I expressed my discontent with JCP zombies many times. But I never actively recruited any of them. By all means though, keep up these senseless attacks, or go back to the personal attacks, those were great.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2009, 12:54:26 AM »

Not at all. Do it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2009, 12:56:45 AM »

Oooh, I want an interview!
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2009, 01:14:52 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2009, 01:42:49 AM by Effigy ™ »

lol

Once again I barely know how to respond to this nonsense. Marokai, get a grip. This is a game. I don't have to work in an bureaucracy for several months to run for a position in a fictious nation. People know me here. If I win, fine I'll commit to participating regularly. If not whatever, nothing lost.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2009, 01:42:25 AM »

I most certainly do not want an interview.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2009, 03:28:56 AM »

Libertas, zombie. Jamespol, a zombie has-been. Einzige, another zombie who hasn't contributed. Winston Disraeli, notable do-nothing who ran for Senate yet didn't even show up to vote for himself, and who moved to, shocker, Hamilton's region. Sirnick, who I didn't even know existed until today. Mint, former RPP zombie who initially joined solely to vote for Master Tmth.

Quite the Special Olympics line-up Hamilton's got going for him there.
"Zombie?" I am an active member of this forum. What business is it of yours at what level I choose to participate in Atlasia? Same goes for everyone else targeted in your pathetic tirade.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2009, 03:47:51 AM »

Come on guys, this is how Marokai Blue makes a living. Seriously, what would be without OUTRAGE!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2009, 03:49:27 AM »

OMG!!! A REFORM COALITION HAS FORMED!!! QUICK!!!!! SOMEBODY CALL THE OUTRAGE SQUAD!!!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2009, 04:33:51 AM »

Just for the record (and getting back to business) I'm going to be posting, hopefully, some answers from Xahar tomorrow as I sent him a sheet of interview questions, to be my first. Hopefully it all goes well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies