Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:33:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 103449 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 15, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »

Great job answering back with another Hamilton talking point

I'm standing for myself, DWTL. So are Einzige, Mint, Mechaman, all our other candidates. Hamilton is the founder of the party, yes, but he does not control us.
That last statement is another talking point, but I was specifically referring to the Hamilton talking point of making you think that DWTL is so evil entity against small government
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #326 on: November 15, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »

Great job answering back with another Hamilton talking point

I'm standing for myself, DWTL. So are Einzige, Mint, Mechaman, all our other candidates. Hamilton is the founder of the party, yes, but he does not control us.
That last statement is another talking point, but I was specifically referring to the Hamilton talking point of making you think that DWTL is so evil entity against small government

We don't think your evil and against small government. We just don't think you go far off enough in stopping the JCP statists.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »

Translation:
Hamilton threw a hissy-fit about the RPP not wanting him as chair and thought his startegies were idiotic so he convinced me that DWTL was big government.  Willingness to work with the JCP on game reform and against Hamilton's trolling and bullying is not big government, its just good for the game.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #328 on: November 15, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

By all means keep it up.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #329 on: November 15, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »

How exactly is the JCP statist? We're socially libertarian and economically pragmatic, if there's really a label to be given.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #330 on: November 15, 2009, 02:16:07 PM »

How exactly is the JCP statist? We're socially libertarian and economically pragmatic, if there's really a label to be given.

Well, "economically pragmatic" means anything and nothing. A great part of us, if not a majority, are Social-Democrats, and in this sense somewhat Statists yes. Being statist to some degree is not an insult and we shouldn't be ashamed of our views. Exactly as the RPP is a coalition of right-leaning libertarians and true conservatives, the JCP gathers left-leaning libertarians like you and bgwah as well as true progressives like Lief, Marokai or Max.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #331 on: November 15, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »

Well, "economically pragmatic" means anything and nothing. A great part of us, if not a majority, are Social-Democrats, and in this sense somewhat Statists yes. Being statist to some degree is not an insult and we shouldn't be ashamed of our views. Exactly as the RPP is a coalition of right-leaning libertarians and true conservatives, the JCP gathers left-leaning libertarians like you and bgwah as well as true progressives like Lief, Marokai or Max.

1. Pragmatic in your sense means 'interventionist'
2. STOP USING THE WORD PROGRESSIVE. It's the most obnoxious, pretentious way to describe people, and it suggests superiority over everyone else.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #332 on: November 15, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »

1. Pragmatic in your sense means 'interventionist'
2. STOP USING THE WORD PROGRESSIVE. It's the most obnoxious, pretentious way to describe people, and it suggests superiority over everyone else.

I don't blame you for constantly saying how great, fair and good is libertarianism, how you are freedom fighters and how anyone who disagrees with you is a freedom hater. So please just shut up.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #333 on: November 21, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »

Requesting permission from NiK to post his responses to my questions.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #334 on: November 22, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »

Requesting permission from NiK to post his responses to my questions.

Permission granted.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #335 on: November 22, 2009, 12:04:39 AM »

Frequently Asked Questions, w/ NiK
November 21st, 2009

Questions marked by bolded first words and answers in italics.

*What is your opinion of the way the Lief/Bacon King administration has been going?

Lief has been a success as president and I envy him. He (along with VP Bacon King) managed to squash the New Mexico Rebellion, establish a sound foreign policy, and has signed a few good bills. It looks like he will go down in history as a fine president.

*Why did you switch back to the RPP? It seems, to me, like people constantly make impulsive decisions about party switching.

Well, I felt that is where I was needed. I switched to the ARC out of protest, because as you all surely know, DWTL is an ass and alienates everyone who can be of political use. I switched back to the RPP because North Carolina Yankee called upon me. I always maintained access to the private forum, and I was practically a member already. My current role in both parties is now that of a liaison. I still want to help the ARC and the RPP stabilize friendly relations.

*What's the deal with you and Hamilton? What's your opinion of him?

Hamilton recruited me into Atlasia, and trained me, taught me how this place works. We became fast friends, and when he was allegedly causing trouble, I turned a blind eye. When he left the RPP/PCP, I did not. I remained with the party, but still, our friendship did not suffer. He entrusted me with things that could ruin him, probably unwisely. I, coming home from school one day, made a tactical error and thought Hamilton betrayed my trust. So, angry as all hell, I proceeded to ruin his career, posting PMs. I regret my decision to do so, but either way, the polarization had to stop. Despite this, we have reconciled and I have talked to him on AIM, mostly about personal stuff. He is still my friend.

*Why would you be stupid enough to actually associate with Hamilton at all?

It wasn’t stupid. You try renouncing the person who you had grown to become friends with, respected, and who always helped you in Atlasia. It isn’t easy.

*A lot of people, including Hashemite and sometimes myself, have concerns that your position is pretty much pointless. What specific role do you think you serve?

I try to act as the President’s chief enabler on internal policy. I review bills, I write bills, and I recommend for new things to be implemented for domestic policy. I’ve established the department, and I’ve been getting used to it. As I have said before numerous times, there are not that many significant examples I can look at for inspiration. Nevertheless, I feel I have been improving.

*Do you really think we need the Department of Internal Affairs at all?

Of course. Every nation needs a Department that oversees domestic policy, Atlasia is no different. I feel that once we have about three or four SoIAs, far into the future of course, this will be completely evident.

*You said you were going to resign as SoIA after you posted PMs from Hamilton's sockpuppet, yet you apparently took that back. Why?

It was in the heat of the moment, mood swing. I was urged by many people privately to not resign. I have decided that unless a personal emergency comes up, I will be remaining as SoIA until the end of President Lief’s term, or when he wishes me to go.

*Further, don't you think your failure to resign after pledging you would, as well as your decision to rejoin the RPP hurts your reputation and your credibility in Atlasia?

It does, but I hope my constituents will see past this. I said it may only be a temporary leave from Atlasia, and it was. One day. As for the RPP, party switching happens like everyday, and I hope that this wouldn’t hurt my credibility as most people have done it in their time here.

*What is your opinion of the current Senators, one by one?

Franzl: Good guy who writes many good bills. He seems to be a lot like HHH, a dynamic reformer.

RowanBrandon: There has always been some personal animosity between us, and a lot of the bills he proposes I would vote nay on, but he has been a fine Senator, I guess.

Tmthforu94: A great Senator, one of the best in there. He consistently writes well-thought out bills, and has a spine: Something I like.

North Carolina Yankee: I recently have come in increased contacted with Yank and he is a nice guy. I support him in the Senate, and have found him to be a successful Chairman of the RPP/PCP so far, and I’m confident he will be the best.

Afleitch: I have never had extensive contact with him, but he seems to be a friendly man and a good Senator.

Hashemite: A good Senator, I found him to be an excellent SoEA after reading his work. I do oppose the measure he recently proposed, the Protection of Democracy Act.

Hans im Gluck: Really appreciate the freshman. He supports regions, like me, so he can’t possibly be bad so far. We’ll see what he does in the future though.

MaxQue: As a former rival, I can say that he has been fine in the Senate, but he seems to be lacking in the wow factor. I wish he was a bit more active, that’s all.

Marokai Blue: The current PPT has been by all accounts, successful so far. Despite our wide ideological difference I feel that he has been sufficient. I harbor no hatred towards him like some others in my party do. He reminds me of Keith Olbermann.

Fritz: I oppose a lot of his legislation, but I find no fault with him personally.

*Do you have any future political ambitions? If so, what?

Well, I’ve always wanted to be a Senator. I’m thinking that I will run for Senate after my tenure as SoIA. I’m not sure what it will be, however, and I’d rather just see how the stars align.

*If you could ban one member of Atlasia, who would it be?

Rather difficult. Probably Ogis, but this time it will be PERMENANTLY.

*It was rather difficult coming up with questions for you, as you're not really a figure that's in the spotlight a lot. Do you have any comments you'd like to make for the rest of us?

Thank you for the interview, and I want to say thank you to everyone that has encouraged me to stay, and everyone who has been friendly to me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #336 on: November 22, 2009, 03:51:41 AM »

*What's the deal with you and Hamilton? What's your opinion of him?

Hamilton recruited me into Atlasia, and trained me, taught me how this place works. We became fast friends, and when he was allegedly causing trouble, I turned a blind eye. When he left the RPP/PCP, I did not. I remained with the party, but still, our friendship did not suffer. He entrusted me with things that could ruin him, probably unwisely. I, coming home from school one day, made a tactical error and thought Hamilton betrayed my trust. So, angry as all hell, I proceeded to ruin his career, posting PMs. I regret my decision to do so, but either way, the polarization had to stop. Despite this, we have reconciled and I have talked to him on AIM, mostly about personal stuff. He is still my friend.

*Why would you be stupid enough to actually associate with Hamilton at all?

It wasn’t stupid. You try renouncing the person who you had grown to become friends with, respected, and who always helped you in Atlasia. It isn’t easy.

Epic fail.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2009, 08:53:14 AM »

I found it humorus that he criticizes me for alienating people when the fact is the only people I try and drive out of the party are those that are Hamilton spies
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #338 on: November 22, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »

I guess it's about time again to remind those media types that I am always available for interviews, so long as the questions don't deal with matters that may arise in the Court.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #339 on: November 22, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »

I have yet to understand why or how people form "close bonds" of friendship quickly with others in this game. It's a game. They aren't being supportive or understanding. It's a game, online, with strangers. You play it with others, but they aren't your "friends."
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #340 on: November 22, 2009, 12:31:11 PM »

I have yet to understand why or how people form "close bonds" of friendship quickly with others in this game. It's a game. They aren't being supportive or understanding. It's a game, online, with strangers. You play it with others, but they aren't your "friends."

Yeah, I don't really get it either. Apart from Alcon (who I talk to and see in real life as well) I wouldn't really consider anyone here my friend.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #341 on: November 22, 2009, 01:15:19 PM »

I agree. I think there is too much of a tendency for people to get real close to others around here and it only sets people up to fail.

I have no problem with NiK associating with Hamilton off site and doesn't in anyway deal with the game. I think he is going a little to easy on Hamilton for my comfort and he shouldn't regret doing what he did. He did the best thing for the game, for himself, and ironically for Hamilton himself.

I also think he was a little hard on DWTL, but its pretty common knowlege that DWTL often lacks long term vision and definately lets feuds get in his way. But he has redeeming qualities that few would understand.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #342 on: November 22, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »

I would like an interview from this paper now that I am the chairmen of the RPP.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #343 on: November 22, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »

I found it humorus that he criticizes me for alienating people when the fact is the only people I try and drive out of the party are those that are Hamilton spies

Lol, Josh wasn't a Hamilton spy. Vepres wasn't a Hamilton spy and didn't want anything to do with him. To your credit, you did succeed at making us a major party. But, if you help alienate members such as Tmth, Josh, and Vepres, all that work you stove for will be undone.

And Antonio, I haven't communicated with him about the game at all. Most of the time past August, I didn't. It was more of political ideals/other stuff. It was only till recently that I started to again. So I don't know if that fits the definition of "Epic fail". I accepted the consequences of what I did, and I know I probably helped Hamilton in posting the PMs, long term though. I should have waited until the bill passed in the Senate however.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #344 on: November 22, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »

And Antonio, I haven't communicated with him about the game at all. Most of the time past August, I didn't. It was more of political ideals/other stuff. It was only till recently that I started to again. So I don't know if that fits the definition of "Epic fail". I accepted the consequences of what I did, and I know I probably helped Hamilton in posting the PMs, long term though. I should have waited until the bill passed in the Senate however.

My comment was related to the fact you still consider Hamilton as a friend. You are a honest man, Nik, and your decision to post the PMs was admirable. Hamilton is manipulating you as he did with Kalwejt and I. He will never stop manipulating you, and it can ruin your Atlasian carreer as it ruined Kalwejt's. You don't deserve this. You deserve better friends than Hamilton.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #345 on: November 22, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

You know, this is reminiscent of what people said about me.

I'm no evil genius, and I highly doubt that he is.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #346 on: November 22, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »

You know, this is reminiscent of what people said about me.

I'm no evil genius, and I highly doubt that he is.

In a way your the reason I recruited Hamilton. I thought you were manipulating Tmth and I wanted to dillute his recruits power. So its all your fault and you are an evil genius. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

I'm next in line for the interviews, yay.
Swing Voter
swingvoter
Rookie
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.43

« Reply #348 on: November 22, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »

Lol, Josh wasn't a Hamilton spy. Vepres wasn't a Hamilton spy and didn't want anything to do with him. To your credit, you did succeed at making us a major party. But, if you help alienate members such as Tmth, Josh, and Vepres, all that work you stove for will be undone.

DWTL never did sh**t. PiT, Tmth, Yankee and I recruited basically everyone. DWTL is a tool.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #349 on: November 22, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »

DWTL never did sh**t. PiT, Tmth, Yankee and I recruited basically everyone. DWTL is a tool.

There is more to running a party then just recruitment and that was one of your biggest problems, was not seeing that. lol you were going to have the ARC get to 20 by December 1st, with who, socks and trolls?

DWTL successfully led us on our meteoric rise from two members in August 2008 to being the Largest Party after the February 2009 elections. Despite that you illogically blame him for losing in June he did win create the alliance with the DA that actually won by two or  three votes among all votes cast. Of course when you deal in Zombies you have inelligible voters. Of course your Atlasia and Tmth's is full of that sh**t. Also the vice chair tradtionally has handled all the recruitment. So yes PiT did most of the recruitment.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies