Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:20:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 360123 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »

Harris is elitist according to who? You?

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2020, 10:12:22 PM »

Reparations is a really unpopular position. But you can see why maybe Biden wants a lower key running mate who could help him get that 10-15% victory. There is a lot of political value in winning big and Harris/Warren complicate this goal.
Like... what are you talking about? At no point in either of these women’s campaigns did they make reparations a major talking point. Just say you don’t like them and keep it moving. Stop making up fake controversies and putting words in their mouth that they never said.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2020, 10:31:47 AM »

Being part of the urban woke left.
Having an overly combative personality that is not terribly likable.
A SF socialite with a story that is not even close to Duckworth or Demings in terms of appeal.
All of this is a figment or your imagination.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2020, 02:30:31 AM »

Mark my words for all the talk abt warren and Harris neither of them will get it
Neither will Susan Rice lmfao
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »

Lol. I like you already.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »

Apparently, in their quest, the #KHive is now doxing supporters of rival "VP campaigns" and going Full Birther on Duckworth. (Incidentally, the person behind the birthers is one of those brainlets who, and I hate to use this term because of how diluted it's become, played the race card when I criticized Kamala's support base as toxic on Twitter)

Suddenly, I finally realize what y'all were talking about when you criticized my wing. I love Kamala and think she's a great voice for our party, but I don't want her toxic supporters associated with the Biden campaign.
You mind DM’ing me receipts? I see you in this thread acting like KHive is putting out hits on folks and never see proof. Let’s discuss this in PMs. Don’t want to bog this thread down at all.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »

I really wish Joe Biden would go ahead and put this thread out of its misery.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2020, 07:41:17 PM »

Either way, it won't matter because I'm 99% sure it'll be Harris and this thread will soon double in size with empty quote chains of "Who else could it have been?", "As expected", "It was always going to be her" and "My Queen!" comments.
LOL. Even as a Biden/Harris supporter this made me chuckle.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2020, 11:28:21 AM »

Susan Rice has never held elected office. What is her purpose as VP? Foreign policy is what the State, Homeland Security, and Defense Departments are for.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2020, 06:35:02 PM »

If it's not Harris, I would be very pleased with Duckworth. Hopefully it's between these two.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »

Duckworth just seems like such the no-brainer pick. Much like Biden, it'll be hard to get the country to viscerally hate her. The same can't be said for Warren, Harris, or Rice, for obvious reasons.

Can you elaborate on that, because saying “for obvious reasons” doesn’t make there be reasons.

Warren is already hated and viliefied by a huge chunk of the country no thanks in part to her Native American ancestry scandal, Harris is the walking caricature of everything Fox News has been portraying Democrats as for the past 40 years, and Susan Rice’s involvement in Benghazi (yet another highly polarizing event) makes it easy for large swaths of the country to hate her
A stretch but ok.

It’s funny how Kamala is this far left, cancel culture, men are trash, all white people should repent for slavery liberal and tough on crime, corporate, centrist, status quo empty suit simultaneously.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2020, 10:19:36 AM »

Yes, because I'm sure Joe Biden is very concerned about the editing of a bunch of wikipedia pages.

But when Bernie's supporters tweet mean things at politicians for not supporting medicare for all, that's....? Bad?
No.... but it was bad when his press secretary and other senior level staff said that Senators/other presidential candidates wanted people to die because they didn’t support Methuselah’s plans to a tee.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »

Yes, because I'm sure Joe Biden is very concerned about the editing of a bunch of wikipedia pages.

But when Bernie's supporters tweet mean things at politicians for not supporting medicare for all, that's....? Bad?

No.... but it was bad when his press secretary and other senior level staff said that Senators/other presidential candidates wanted people to die because they didn’t support Methuselah’s plans to a tee.

I just find it particularly hypocritical that half of Bernie's questions at debates were "Senator, your followers tend to be very rude online. Can you please condemn them here tonight?" but when Kamala's followers engage in similar behavior, we're expected to just brush it off.

And look, I think Bernie's followers suck and they're part of the reason I've moderated a little bit in the last few months because they drove me so crazy with all the constant negativity, and I've also been pretty open about the fact that I would be fine with Kamala being chosen as VP, I just want to see the same standard being upheld for toxic supporters in anyone's base. It's either all a problem or none of it is.
His staff were some of the biggest trolls though. They amplified it.

Kamala Harris’s staff is not doxing folks and calling Elizabeth Warren a “lying bitch” for divulging a private conversation between herself and Senator Sanders. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

Does anyone think Kyrsten Sinema might be dark horse? She's a swing state Senator and fairly charismatic.
No. The leaders of the party need to be mainstream consensus builders. She is too far right and needs to stay in the Senate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2020, 12:15:45 PM »

Why are we still talking about this moment? She rightfully held him accountable for the glowing statements he made about white segregationists. To still be harping on this is white fragility.

But it’s crickets on the much more searing attacks Warren made against him. I see the double standards for non-white women...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2020, 03:42:07 PM »

Why are we still talking about this moment? She rightfully held him accountable for the glowing statements he made about white segregationists. To still be harping on this is white fragility.

But it’s crickets on the much more searing attacks Warren made against him. I see the double standards for non-white women...

We’re harping on it because it’s relevant to whether the Democratic nominee decides to pick someone who didn’t do that to him in a debate over her. I thought her attack was fair game but you can’t blame Biden if he doesn’t pick her.
Nah. It’s relevant to you because you hate her. Y’all keep bringing it up when Joe Biden said MONTHS ago that he was over it.

Let me be clear that if he doesn’t pick her it is what it is. But the debate is a dumb ass reason and the people who keep bringing it up like she betrayed him are acting like he is a fragile ass child. He wasn’t above reproach for the praise he lavished on known segregationists. Period.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2020, 02:15:26 AM »

The Kamala Harris saga has been way overblown,  that's why people snipe at each other. If she was so good to be Veep, why did she flop so badly as a Prez candidate

I like Susan Rice better than Harris, hopefully she is picked but some dont like Rice

So Kamala Harris isn't good enough because she couldn't get elected as a presidential candidate, so Susan Rice is your pick? Someone whose highest-held elected office was student council president in high school? Man, I know people on this forum love to hate Kamala Harris, but at least judge her by standards that you yourself can stick to.

I feel like, for Kamala folks, we have to be either totally for Harris/fawning over her as the VP pick, or we hate her.  There's definitely a middle ground.  I don't hate her, and I think there are a lot worse choices out there, but that doesn't mean I'm enthused by her/she's my first choice.  It also doesn't mean it will affect my vote one way or the other, though. 
For me, it's the fake metrics that other VPs on winning tickets wouldn't meet either, the bad faith arguments, the distortions about her record, and saying a white woman who was a Republican for half of her adulthood and pretended to be Native American has done more for Black people than she has. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't want her chosen or not excited about her. No matter who he picks somebody somewhere will be salty.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2020, 04:49:43 PM by #Joemala2020 »

I love Warren and strongly dislike Harris, but if I’m being honest, I kind of think taking either one of them runs the risk of overshadowing Joe. Thinking with my head instead of my heart they should be a three person Battle between rice, Duckworth, and bass. All three are acceptable to Lincoln project types, but have no obvious baggage with the left wing. All three unquestionably confident and ready to step in to the presidency but at the same time it still keeps the race about a binary choice between Trump and Joe.
Duckworth is the only one you listed who is viable to me. She has a wonderful personal story and is inoffensive. Didn’t Bass say she’s not interested inheriting the party in a post on the last few pages? Rice has never faced the rigors of a campaign. Biden has been in national politics for 50 years and was VP. We don’t need her on the ticket for “foreign policy”.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2020, 07:52:33 PM »

Our base doesn’t care about foreign policy like that. College educated suburban white women are not voting on foreign policy. Rice isn’t necessary at all.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »

Howard Fineman was reaching for the stars. Lol.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2020, 06:08:51 PM »

It's not going to be a 70 year old WW who pretended to be Native American for decades. Not in this climate.

I halfway hope it's Duckworth so all the stans can just STFU. (Yes, I'm acknowledging there are some K-Hive that need... help.)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2020, 08:05:33 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2020, 12:46:19 PM »

What are identity issues? I’m trying to see something.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2020, 01:50:56 AM »

According to a source I have in the Biden campaign, Duckworth has withdrawn herself from consideration and will give a press conference saying this much later in the week. Waiting for further confirmation.
Is this just a joke mocking all the alleged leaks or no? Because why would Duckworth do a press conference about not being VP? LMAO.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »

That post is generic and benign. That Twitter person is reading too much into it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies