Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:47:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 362772 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4125 on: July 25, 2020, 06:22:04 PM »

I actually think Bass would be quite the good pick since she's uncontroversial and has no ambitions of her own. We the voters of the Democratic party deserve an open primary in 2024 to choose our own nominee rather than having an anointed successor like Kamala imposed upon us.
This makes no sense. There was an open primary this year and Democratic voters CHOSE to nominate a 77 year old man to be the President - Biden would be the oldest president ever. Of course, Biden's VP is most likely going to be the Democratic nominee in 2024, that's just how it works.

You're just saying this because you don't like Kamala. I still have yet to understand why Kamala is so hated on this forum.

Pelosi, Clybutn and Obama got Biden nominated. But, picking a female was always gonna get complicated when Reade allegations came out

Most people believe that Biden harrassed Reade but is an abuser like Bill Clinton was
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4126 on: July 25, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »

Biden's people aren't leaking anything, this is all speculation.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4127 on: July 25, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »

Biden's people aren't leaking anything, this is all speculation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "aren't leaking anything".  There have been several leaks about who is being vetted.  E.g., the Politico story I referred to in my last post describes the vetting of Karen Bass, and gives as a source: "according to three people familiar with the vetting."  There's then the separate issue of, among those being vetted, who is the favorite to be picked?  For that, the sourcing seems more uncertain.  The story in The Hill cites "a Biden confidante", but that seems pretty vague, so not sure how much stock to put in that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4128 on: July 25, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »

I actually think Bass would be quite the good pick since she's uncontroversial and has no ambitions of her own. We the voters of the Democratic party deserve an open primary in 2024 to choose our own nominee rather than having an anointed successor like Kamala imposed upon us.
This makes no sense. There was an open primary this year and Democratic voters CHOSE to nominate a 77 year old man to be the President - Biden would be the oldest president ever. Of course, Biden's VP is most likely going to be the Democratic nominee in 2024, that's just how it works.

You're just saying this because you don't like Kamala. I still have yet to understand why Kamala is so hated on this forum.

I can't speak for others, but I don't like her because she has never apologized for any of this:

There's case of Daniel Larsen. Larsen, who spent 13 years behind bars for having a knife on him at the wrong time, was ordered released after two judges ruled that a jury would never have convicted him had they been allowed to hear testimony from two witnesses that someone else was carrying it. His attorney was disbarred for failing to investigate and identify witnesses before trial. A federal judge basically exonerated him in 2010. Kamala Harris appealed the ruling solely on the basis that he missed the deadline for proving his innocence, and as a result he was behind bars for two more years. This is wrongful imprisonment. A judge agreed and he was eventually released.

https://www.laweekly.com/daniel-larsons-an-innocent-man-says-federal-judge-so-why-is-he-still-in-prison/

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/daniel-larsen-innocent-california-prisoner-freed-13-years-behind-bars-article-1.1293456

This wasn't a minor, low-level case cherry picked out of the shuffle. The Daniel Larsen case was the subject of a LA Times article in 2012, and a Change.org petition that got 100,000+ signatures. But Harris continued to appeal until he was ordered released by a judge in early 2013. Harris' attempt to continue to perpetuate false imprisonment on a technicality shows she has no concern for morals or ethics.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2012-aug-21-la-me-innocent-20120821-story.html

California prosecutor Rob Murray falsified a transcript of a confession to make it seem like the defendant confessed to something he didn't, and used it to try and get the defense to agree to a stronger punishment. He then claimed that it was "just a joke." A judge ruled that his actions were “egregious, outrageous, and . . . shocked the conscience" and threw out the defendant's indictment. Kamala Harris appealed the decision, claiming that only "abject physical brutality would warrant a finding of prosecutorial misconduct and the dismissal of an indictment." She lost again. Falsifying a transcript is clear prosecutorial misconduct and it would be horrifying for our legal system if Harris had gotten her way.

https://observer.com/2015/03/california-prosecutor-falsifies-transcript-of-confession/

In 2010, a judge, in a scathing decision, ruled that Harris violated defendants' rights by covering up evidence of corruption in the state crime lab, ignoring requests for the crime lab to clean up its act. Deborah Madden, the technician, was a cocaine addict found to be deliberately sabotaging the work of the crime lab because she was unhappy with her career. Even Harris' senior drug prosecutor wrote in a memo that ""at the highest levels of the district attorney's office knew that Madden was not a dependable witness at trial and that there were serious concerns regarding the crime lab." But Harris refused to turn over information about the failures of the lab to defendants, despite a legal obligation to do so.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/07/19/former-sf-crime-lab-technician-sentenced-for-cocaine-possession/

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Judge-rips-Harris-office-for-hiding-problems-3263797.php

In another 2015 case, Baca v. Adams, Harris' office opposed a post-conviction appeal by a defendant who was sentenced after the prosecutor in his case lied to the jury about whether an informant received compensation for his testimony. A state court found the prosecutor's testimony was "sheer fantasy," but declined to overturn the conviction.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/01/09/kamala-harris-went-to-bat-for-dirty-pros/print

This is not even going into stuff like her taking money from Mnuchin and not prosecuting him, or the MeToo scandal in her office nobody wants to talk about.

Her record as a prosecutor is no better than Amy Klobuchar's.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4129 on: July 25, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »

Bass should not be picked.

It should be Warren, Harris or Lujan.

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4130 on: July 25, 2020, 07:57:22 PM »

You guys should probably do this over PM instead of in the VP news megathread.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4131 on: July 25, 2020, 09:13:55 PM »

Big event tomorrow VP could be announced then possibly
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4132 on: July 25, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »

No T Swift ;_;
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4133 on: July 25, 2020, 09:49:32 PM »

According to a source I have in the Biden campaign, Duckworth has withdrawn herself from consideration and will give a press conference saying this much later in the week. Waiting for further confirmation.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #4134 on: July 25, 2020, 10:04:33 PM »

According to a source I have in the Biden campaign, Duckworth has withdrawn herself from consideration and will give a press conference saying this much later in the week. Waiting for further confirmation.
Shoot. She was my top pick.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4135 on: July 25, 2020, 10:07:37 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2020, 10:18:03 PM by Roll Roons »

Dammit. I hope your source is mistaken.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4136 on: July 25, 2020, 10:12:57 PM »

Wow. Wonder what happened.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4137 on: July 25, 2020, 10:17:50 PM »

How credible is this? Always skeptical of something on a board like this one.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4138 on: July 25, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »

I'd be very surprised if Biden is announcing Harris tomorrow.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4139 on: July 25, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »

Like just a guy you know?

I mean you're evidently a huge Duckworth stan so I doubt you'd just make something up but how credible is this source?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4140 on: July 26, 2020, 01:50:56 AM »

Is this just a joke mocking all the alleged leaks or no? Because why would Duckworth do a press conference about not being VP? LMAO.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4141 on: July 26, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #4142 on: July 26, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »

dunceDude
United States

« Reply #4143 on: July 26, 2020, 11:57:39 AM »

I read these things as her auditioning for the job. She knows she's a finalist in all likelihood, but I doubt she knows it's her (at this time). But I'm just an observer.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4144 on: July 26, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »

That post is generic and benign. That Twitter person is reading too much into it.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4145 on: July 26, 2020, 12:46:06 PM »

I see Mr. President and Madam Vice President Purple heart

Honestly though, I think she just wants to make the point that folks need the vote.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4146 on: July 26, 2020, 12:54:35 PM »

She's literally doing a virtual event with Biden (and a bunch of other people) later today lol.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #4147 on: July 26, 2020, 01:12:17 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2020, 01:19:57 PM by DisneyDem »

What I love is that even the people who want her/think she will be the pick are like “yeah of course this means nothing“ i. Regular JB reporter Hannah Trudo did a similar thing about the photo t’s weird I follow Hannah a lot and she seems smarter than this. Any idea why she’s doing this? I guess maybe it’s a joke about how many mountains we make out of mole hills
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4148 on: July 26, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »

Sara Bareilles would definitely help boost Biden's numbers with young voters. Great VP choice
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4149 on: July 26, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »

Just got an email from the Campaign. It's coming!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies