Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:06:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127282 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 21, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »

Dear god this campaign logo is horrid.

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »

I wonder if her relatively early entrance will change any minds.

How Garcetti, Holder, Swalwell, and even Biden see any realistic path to victory besides career building is beyond me.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »

LOL

I pray that fellow Gillibrand supporters aren't this way.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 05:44:12 PM »

I think the logo is dreadful but I tossed her $33 for a shirt (the black/yellow/red one). I like the color scheme a lot more than Warren's.

$1.5 million has to be one of the largest day one contribution amounts of all time. Not sure if these records are tracked, but if so, its gotta be at least top five. Warren and Gillibrand didn't even boast about theirs until the 3-5 day mark.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:20:26 PM »

BernieBros.

Ku Klux Kirsten.

Warren 1/2020th.

Kamala Harris Is A Cop.

Hindu Nationalist, Alt-Right Tulsi Gabbard.

It's not even actual primary season yet and the primary memes are amazing.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:23:50 PM »

BernieBros.

Ku Klux Kirsten.

Kamala Harris Is A Cop.

It's not even actual primary season yet and the primary memes are amazing.

But one issues outdoes all the good positions she has!

Kamala's actions against sex work and school truancy are major campaign flaws.

Kamala is my #1 at the moment but I'm not afraid to admit she's flawed. It's just a huge field, filled with really, really flawed or weak candidates.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »

Kamala was nearly attacked during her MoveOn appearance.

https://twitter.com/mrvndn/status/1134989799406706688
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »

The Obama 2008 comparisons are laughable.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »

Not as laughable as your threats to stay home if she's the nominee.

What's the point if FL/PA/WI/IN/NC won't flip?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »

Not as laughable as your threats to stay home if she's the nominee.

What's the point if FL/PA/WI/IN/NC won't flip?
An why wouldn’t they flip?

Kamala has zero appeal to the White Working Class, and Trump's (as racist as it'll be) charismatic and aggressive following will eat her alive with enough independents pocketbook voting for Trump because of the good economy.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »

No one is at Obama 2008 level ( at least not yet) But Beto and Pete gets compared to everyone from JFK to Bill Clinton to Obama. She’s clearly just as talented as the Pete and Beto so I don’t see why it’s particularly laughable in relation to her. 
And it isn’t just Democrat who rate her, republicans strategists acknowledge her talent and for the record they are way more worried about her than warren (who they think will be trumps easiest opponent).

I think Warren will do even worse than her - but I just don't see the benefit of her as the nominee.  As a party, we were having a great discourse about moving back to caring about those Midwest, Rust Belt states, and trying to earn the vote of the White Working Class.

And now, MSNBC and a bunch of politicos are going to shove Kamala down our throats - who ultimately resembles a corporate, establishment candidate with a closet full of skeletons.

It won't work.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »

If Kamala was the nominee, the "Trends" we've been seeing would dramatically accelerate imo. Suburbs would swing even further d but rurals and wwc would swing further R.

As many Miamis and Milwaukees and Detroits you can name, there are going to be (if not a higher amount of) WWC cities that will either turn hard-right for Trump, or pocketbook vote for him because of the economy.

Kamala's optics of a corrupt prosecutorial career, establishment Democrat, and little-to-no appeal to moderate voters on any topic will hand Trump the victory.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 06:38:33 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 06:50:46 PM by MAGugh »

Holy f**k, this might be the worst signature policy of any candidate so far.

This policy sounds like a bad reddit Model US Govt. post.

A few short thoughts.

1 - Gentrification. This will boost housing prices and living costs in these already poverty-stricken areas. Expand the map to the entire US.  

2 - Not everyone suffering under the grip of student debt qualifies/has a Pell Grant. What a stupid thing to serve as a qualifier as compared to household/self income.

3 - In 2019, very few college students graduate from majors which directly allow them to start a business. This helps business, accounting, and maybe economics majors. Everyone else...we just forget about?

4 - Holy spending. And I thought Bernie was ambitious. At least Moulton, Delaney, and Gabbard's high spending for a national service program would have extremely tangible benefits.

5 - A Republican Senate will never approve this. I don't even know if this would pass the House.

6 - What happens if the business fails? Or gets destroyed or the owner decides to close it due to violence (common in poverty-stricken neighborhoods)?

If Kamala's the nominee, Trump and his economy spinners are going to eat her alive on this.

Edit: I'd like to add the basic common-sense observation that the opposite of "free handouts" is not a shortsighted, misguided policy with 5 hoops to jump through. Warren and Bernie supporters; pat yourselves on the back. At least your candidate knows how to make a decent policy plan.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 07:19:08 PM by MAGugh »

Literally one of the dumbest policy proposals I have ever seen. It's like a parody of modern wonkery.

It's depressingly funny because I know that's a parody tweet but that's actually what Kamala's doing, and all of her woke Stans eat it up without question in fear of being called Trump supporters.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 07:23:12 PM »

The funny thing about this debt policy is that Trump can spin it as Kamala trying to racketeer business taxes (traditionally higher during Democratic administrations) while burning money away in debt forgiveness (thus screwing over taxpayers twice) and voters would eat it up in important states like Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Pennsylvania - lmao.

I've never liked Joe Biden more in my life.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »

Nice take by Kyle Kulinski on the hypocrisy and BS of CNN airing a full 12-minute Kamala Harris ad as "news".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2d2j5XnxFg
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 11:07:31 PM »

My personal thoughts on the policy aside - the KamalaCare policy is horrible politics. It's gonna get roasted by the progressive left as extremely status quo - a 10-year implementation window all for private health insurers to still dominate the game. Gabbard, Sanders, and Warren delegates are going to make that a hill to die on.

It's very symbolic of a recurring issue in her campaign. She seems to be coming across as a progressive, but all of her policies have this underlying stench of 1990s, status-quo, establishment Democratic Party policies which won't work nor are wanted by most Americans.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 11:42:00 PM »

So KamalaCare is getting a lot of praise from policy and healthcare experts... but this is Atlas, it’s forbidden to talk good about the “cop”.

They'll never give her credit for anything.

Also, anybody bringing up the "she's a cop" routine is an idiot. Being President is completely different than being a prosecutor. She has pledged to reform our unjust criminal justice system if elected President and based on her voting record so far in the Senate, I believe that she will.

Also, she's been laying out some good policy proposals but they've been getting mostly ignored.
Honestly i find it amusing that she’s being attacked from both the left and the right simultaneously.
Bernies team are being extra but to bernies credit he was gracious, he said Kamala is my friend and made his point, no personal attacks. Biden’s been acting entitled so it’s amusing to see the architects of Obama care endorsing her plan over his.
Her spokesperson reiterated that she still supports bernies bill, just like Bernie supporters Brian Schwartz bill that he cosponsored. He also said her plan is a result of listening to people she’s met on the campaign trail.

LOL

Rose Twitter: "Politicians needs to listen to their people!"

*Kamala literally does just that*

Rose Twitter:

Though I dislike Kamala Twitter as well (I used to love Bakari Sellers, now he's stanning HARD for a cabinet spot), Rose Twitter is pretty cringeworthy at times.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »

My personal thoughts on the policy aside - the KamalaCare policy is horrible politics. It's gonna get roasted by the progressive left as extremely status quo - a 10-year implementation window all for private health insurers to still dominate the game. Gabbard, Sanders, and Warren delegates are going to make that a hill to die on.
Gabbard delegates? Where she is hitting the 15% threshold?

And if somehow it's a binary choice between her and Biden at the convention or later in the primary, guess who is the lesser of two evils from the Sanders and Warren perspective.

At least at this point in the primary, the likeliness of a scenario where Biden and Harris are the only 2 candidates to win any delegates is nearly impossible.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »

If you think Kamala Harris is immune to criticism just because of her skin color, you're going to think that we're living in Nazi Germany if she ever faces Trump in the general.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »

Kamala scheduling a fundraiser with bundlers in Los Angeles on the night of the CNN Climate Crisis Town Hall next month is peak fodder for exposing her for the horrible candidate she is.

I can't wait for how the Kamala camp spins this.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »

Video of Officer Harris' supporters' walkout at the DNC meeting today.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2019, 07:18:23 PM by MAGugh »

Imagine being so desperate for votes that you get a couple of supporters to take off of class/work and go to a DNC event, cheer for you so that you can film a few campaign videos, and proceed to protest every other candidate.

I don't care if the Harris Stans report me anymore - a campaign staff full of absolute scumbags.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 11:01:04 PM »

She's so cringey lol.

Moulton's drop out speech may have been better than Kamala's.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »

I love this article, if not for the headline alone.

"This is the week when Kamala Harris stopped being a serious contender for president"

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/kamala-harris-2020-fundraising-bernie-sanders-hamptons-a9076836.html
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies