Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:38:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127883 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: July 28, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »
« edited: July 28, 2019, 02:47:21 PM by Cory Booker »

Even if Dems win the govt, blue dogs in House and Senate will oppose the plan.
Unless, there is a medical handicap or 10 yrs of govt service, Earned as you go or paygo is likely the alternative.  Graduate student loans either in medical or in the law field can be paid by organizations, if one works in field for up to 5 yrs.

Obama and Biden admin made these modifications, to Federally consolidate student loans. This is why Biden is leading the field
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1351 on: July 28, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »

This is fantastic, I support Kamala now. I too support no handouts on student loans!

Great. More bad programs. No loan forgiveness unless you do this!!!
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1352 on: July 28, 2019, 02:54:20 PM »

Harris isnt ready for this
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #1353 on: July 28, 2019, 03:04:16 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 03:12:06 PM by OkThen »

Warren's emphasis on putting out lots of policy early has seemed to really shape the primary. I don't think any campaign expected to have to focus on policy so soon, so now they're falling over each other putting out underwhelming policy proposal after another.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1354 on: July 28, 2019, 05:18:32 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 05:27:48 PM by Pittsburgh For Kamala »

I want to inform everyone on Atlas that Warren is literally a co sponsor of this bill..

Anyways, never saw Bernie or Warren do this. Bravo, Kamala!

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1355 on: July 28, 2019, 05:33:33 PM »

I want to inform everyone on Atlas that Warren is literally a co sponsor of this bill..

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1155592269006868489?s=20
I like Harris but this stan behavior is not that serious. Can you provide receipts about Warren? What bill are you talking about? How is she a co-sponsor of a policy proposal for Harris’ presidential campaign?

And you’ve never saw Bernie or Warren do what?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1356 on: July 28, 2019, 05:40:35 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 05:50:30 PM by Pittsburgh For Kamala »

I like Harris but this stan behavior is not that serious. Can you provide receipts about Warren? What bill are you talking about? How is she a co-sponsor of a policy proposal for Harris’ presidential campaign?

Kamala’s bill on pell grants, introduced on July 25th, was cosponsored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Elizabeth Warren.

https://www.harris.senate.gov/news/press-releases/harris-introduces-basic-act-to-help-college-students-afford-basic-needs

It’s not “Stan” behavior. It’s called defending her on a site the criticizes Harris for the dumbest things.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1357 on: July 28, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »

Are you incapable of doing your own research?

Kamala’s bill on pell grants, introduced on July 25th, was cosponsored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Elizabeth Warren.

https://www.harris.senate.gov/news/press-releases/harris-introduces-basic-act-to-help-college-students-afford-basic-needs

It’s not “Stan” behavior. It’s called defending her on a site the criticizes Harris for the dumbest things.

That’s not a student debt proposal, it’s a general bill about helping college students meet basic needs such as food, housing, and transportation. It only mentions student loan debt once.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1358 on: July 28, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »

This bill is not about student debt lmao. It's about food insecurity.

Why would Warren co-sponsor that policy (which is NOT a bill, if it was it would have been news before today) when she wants to do something much more expansive regardless of whether or not someone recieved Pell Grants.

Outright lying and misrepresenting facts to make your fave look good is stan behavior.

Harris' policy proposal is trash and I can say that and still like her. I don't care what Atlas says everyday. A bad policy is a bad policy.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1359 on: July 28, 2019, 06:38:33 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 06:50:46 PM by MAGugh »

Holy f**k, this might be the worst signature policy of any candidate so far.

This policy sounds like a bad reddit Model US Govt. post.

A few short thoughts.

1 - Gentrification. This will boost housing prices and living costs in these already poverty-stricken areas. Expand the map to the entire US.  

2 - Not everyone suffering under the grip of student debt qualifies/has a Pell Grant. What a stupid thing to serve as a qualifier as compared to household/self income.

3 - In 2019, very few college students graduate from majors which directly allow them to start a business. This helps business, accounting, and maybe economics majors. Everyone else...we just forget about?

4 - Holy spending. And I thought Bernie was ambitious. At least Moulton, Delaney, and Gabbard's high spending for a national service program would have extremely tangible benefits.

5 - A Republican Senate will never approve this. I don't even know if this would pass the House.

6 - What happens if the business fails? Or gets destroyed or the owner decides to close it due to violence (common in poverty-stricken neighborhoods)?

If Kamala's the nominee, Trump and his economy spinners are going to eat her alive on this.

Edit: I'd like to add the basic common-sense observation that the opposite of "free handouts" is not a shortsighted, misguided policy with 5 hoops to jump through. Warren and Bernie supporters; pat yourselves on the back. At least your candidate knows how to make a decent policy plan.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1360 on: July 28, 2019, 06:57:56 PM »

Unfortunate that despite all this, she's still better than the other 16 or so candidates running. [but not Bernie/Warren]
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1361 on: July 28, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »

Literally one of the dumbest policy proposals I have ever seen. It's like a parody of modern wonkery.

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1362 on: July 28, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2019, 07:19:08 PM by MAGugh »

Literally one of the dumbest policy proposals I have ever seen. It's like a parody of modern wonkery.

It's depressingly funny because I know that's a parody tweet but that's actually what Kamala's doing, and all of her woke Stans eat it up without question in fear of being called Trump supporters.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1363 on: July 28, 2019, 07:23:12 PM »

The funny thing about this debt policy is that Trump can spin it as Kamala trying to racketeer business taxes (traditionally higher during Democratic administrations) while burning money away in debt forgiveness (thus screwing over taxpayers twice) and voters would eat it up in important states like Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Pennsylvania - lmao.

I've never liked Joe Biden more in my life.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1364 on: July 28, 2019, 07:53:35 PM »

This is up there with Beto's horrible war tax plan about a month ago.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1365 on: July 28, 2019, 08:29:38 PM »

The funny thing about this debt policy is that Trump can spin it as Kamala trying to racketeer business taxes (traditionally higher during Democratic administrations) while burning money away in debt forgiveness (thus screwing over taxpayers twice) and voters would eat it up in important states like Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Pennsylvania - lmao.

I've never liked Joe Biden more in my life.

As if this useless plan will be on anybody's radar in a month and Trump will remember to attack it for these reasons instead of calling out Oakland as a failing city and San Francisco as a homeless hangout.

This is me eagerly awaiting the rollout of Trump's school transportation alternative that he promised a month ago.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1366 on: July 28, 2019, 09:40:53 PM »

Stop, it's already dead!!! I get that this is airheaded, but throwing policies out during a primary is not supposed to be a serious exercise that requires legitimate evaluation prior to election. How is literally everyone throwing a burn at this? What did Liz start in this endless series of less and less serious proposals?

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1367 on: July 28, 2019, 10:01:00 PM »

Now I'm DEFINITELY voting for Warren, this is crud!
So, how long before she backtracks on this? I'm going  to guess she takes it back at the next debate!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1368 on: July 29, 2019, 12:15:26 AM »

Can a Democrat please explain to me what's so bad about Harris' proposal? How is it significantly dumber than literally any other policy the Dems have put forward in the past 75 years?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1369 on: July 29, 2019, 02:51:53 AM »

My issue with Harris is that she seems to be trying to appeal Warren/Sanders voters when her natural base is Biden's voters. Biden's base are not looking for or care for a loan forgiveness plan or Medicare 4 All. They are pragmatics who are focused on beating Trump with little interest in bold proposals. She should've came into the race trying to dominate the moderate lane but instead she's trying to straddle both sides.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1370 on: July 29, 2019, 07:55:52 AM »

Kamala Harris has come up with a health care proposal, which is basically a more tempered version of Bernie Sanders' Medicare-for-All:

Kamala Harris' new health plan: Medicare for all — with private insurers
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1371 on: July 29, 2019, 08:41:37 AM »

Kamala Harris has come up with a health care proposal, which is basically a more tempered version of Bernie Sanders' Medicare-for-All:

It looks like she is raising to the occasion. She is going to be a target going forward. The next debate should be an opportunity to build on why she is the procescutor to take on Trump.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1372 on: July 29, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »

This puts my fears regarding her healthcare views to rest. It's a very smart plan. 70% of Americans support M4A with private insurance (half of Republicans and 70% of independents) while only 41% support the plans Warren and Sanders are proposing which eliminate private insurance.

Kathleen Sebelius endorsed it a few hours ago saying it would expand the ACA, right after Biden attacked it and said that it would hurt Obamacare, so he just fell into another thorn bush regarding Harris.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1373 on: July 29, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2019, 12:54:41 PM by Pittsburgh For Kamala »

That’s not a student debt proposal, it’s a general bill about helping college students meet basic needs such as food, housing, and transportation. It only mentions student loan debt once.

Harris literally never said that it was her plan to tackling the overall debt crisis. It's for development in the black community since the overall idea invests $100 Billion for STEM in HBCUs... You guys need to come up with better attacks, because right now you all look silly falling over yourselves to pick apart things that don't need to be picked apart.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1374 on: July 29, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »

Harris literally never said that it was her plan to tackling the overall debt crisis. It's for development in the black community since the overall idea invests $100 Billion for STEM in HBCUs... You guys need to come up with better attacks, because right now you all look silly falling over yourselves to pick apart things that don't need to be picked apart.
She needs to do a better job explaining it then. Everybody can’t be wrong at once. And this wasn’t just Atlas. The rollout was terrible and whoever is on her Comms team needs to brush up on their skills.

Anyway, I’m here for her Medicare for All plan. The Bernouts are dragging her but that was to be expected. I can see House and Senate candidates in battleground races defending it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies