Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:02:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127867 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: July 29, 2019, 11:42:00 PM »

So KamalaCare is getting a lot of praise from policy and healthcare experts... but this is Atlas, it’s forbidden to talk good about the “cop”.

They'll never give her credit for anything.

Also, anybody bringing up the "she's a cop" routine is an idiot. Being President is completely different than being a prosecutor. She has pledged to reform our unjust criminal justice system if elected President and based on her voting record so far in the Senate, I believe that she will.

Also, she's been laying out some good policy proposals but they've been getting mostly ignored.
Honestly i find it amusing that she’s being attacked from both the left and the right simultaneously.
Bernies team are being extra but to bernies credit he was gracious, he said Kamala is my friend and made his point, no personal attacks. Biden’s been acting entitled so it’s amusing to see the architects of Obama care endorsing her plan over his.
Her spokesperson reiterated that she still supports bernies bill, just like Bernie supporters Brian Schwartz bill that he cosponsored. He also said her plan is a result of listening to people she’s met on the campaign trail.

LOL

Rose Twitter: "Politicians needs to listen to their people!"

*Kamala literally does just that*

Rose Twitter:

Though I dislike Kamala Twitter as well (I used to love Bakari Sellers, now he's stanning HARD for a cabinet spot), Rose Twitter is pretty cringeworthy at times.
gf20202
« Reply #1401 on: July 30, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »

My personal thoughts on the policy aside - the KamalaCare policy is horrible politics. It's gonna get roasted by the progressive left as extremely status quo - a 10-year implementation window all for private health insurers to still dominate the game. Gabbard, Sanders, and Warren delegates are going to make that a hill to die on.
Gabbard delegates? Where she is hitting the 15% threshold?

And if somehow it's a binary choice between her and Biden at the convention or later in the primary, guess who is the lesser of two evils from the Sanders and Warren perspective.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1402 on: July 30, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »

My personal thoughts on the policy aside - the KamalaCare policy is horrible politics. It's gonna get roasted by the progressive left as extremely status quo - a 10-year implementation window all for private health insurers to still dominate the game. Gabbard, Sanders, and Warren delegates are going to make that a hill to die on.
Gabbard delegates? Where she is hitting the 15% threshold?

And if somehow it's a binary choice between her and Biden at the convention or later in the primary, guess who is the lesser of two evils from the Sanders and Warren perspective.

At least at this point in the primary, the likeliness of a scenario where Biden and Harris are the only 2 candidates to win any delegates is nearly impossible.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1403 on: July 30, 2019, 06:08:13 AM »

Why are leftist Americans so hell-bent on banning private insurance? I never understood that. Does any Western country with public health insurance do that?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1404 on: July 30, 2019, 07:14:11 AM »

Why are leftist Americans so hell-bent on banning private insurance? I never understood that. Does any Western country with public health insurance do that?

Within the Democratic Party, it's almost entirely a product of (1) Sanders being against it for reasons that, at this point in his political development, are best described as personal idiosyncrasies and (2) Harris, Gillibrand, et al. signing on to his Medicare for All plan, seemingly without bothering to understand its basic details.

People on the hard left have their own reasons, but I am convinced that this is the sole reason that the "ban private insurance" discussion occupies space in the political mainstream. It's really strange that it's getting conflated with the debate over universal public coverage.

Right? I find it really bewildering. I thought Sanders liked Sweden and we certainly don't ban private health insurance.

Now, obviously when a free public option is on the table most people don't get a private one so it would still be a bit of a blow to the industry. But it just strikes me as an unnecessary battle to fight.
JG

« Reply #1405 on: July 30, 2019, 08:25:09 AM »

Within the Democratic Party, it's almost entirely a product of (1) Sanders being against it for reasons that, at this point in his political development, are best described as personal idiosyncrasies and (2) Harris, Gillibrand, et al. signing on to his Medicare for All plan, seemingly without bothering to understand its basic details.

People on the hard left have their own reasons, but I am convinced that this is the sole reason that the "ban private insurance" discussion occupies space in the political mainstream. It's really strange that it's getting conflated with the debate over universal public coverage.

Actually, Gillibrand explained her position on Pod Saves America. She wrote the transition part in Bernie's bill and she doesn't abolish private insurance. She considers private assurances, for the most part, will slowly and progressively disappear (with some exceptions) since it won't be able to compete with a public option.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1406 on: July 30, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »

Not sure. I consider myself pretty far left, and definitely want to see universal public insurance but I don't see any reason to disallow the existence of private coverage that plays fair. (I.e. no "my employer only lets me have their crap insurance that doesn't cover anything so they don't have to pay for their share of the public option.")
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1407 on: July 30, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »

Because it triggers the right and their obsession with privatized stuff.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1408 on: July 30, 2019, 07:15:13 PM »

Warren has said that she thinks out of principle health care shouldn't have any presence in private enterprise. I agree with that in principle too, but it's completely unrealistic with how long that's been the status quo in the United States. I favor nearly any sort of reform that can be done to our health insurance program, no matter how bold or how incremental, but I too draw the line at banning private insurance on the grounds of its impracticality and political consequences.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1409 on: July 31, 2019, 11:47:28 PM »

While I like her I have no idea how she would contribute a dang thing besides making California like 70 percent democrat
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1410 on: August 01, 2019, 02:06:55 AM »

Tulsi’s attacks were lies and when I watched it (I missed it live) it wasn’t even that bad. I feel Harris responded effectively. The people who don’t like her will say she got owned or whatever but she’ll be at the next debate and Gabbard won’t. Kamala better stop letting the disinformation fester though.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1411 on: August 01, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »

Tulsi’s attacks were lies and when I watched it (I missed it live) it wasn’t even that bad. I feel Harris responded effectively. The people who don’t like her will say she got owned or whatever but she’ll be at the next debate and Gabbard won’t. Kamala better stop letting the disinformation fester though.

They may have been lies, but Harris really dropped the ball when defending anyway.

But  yeah, it's her responses to her own healthcare plan that are the problem.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1412 on: August 01, 2019, 10:59:05 AM »

Harris' problem is that she's stuck herself defending a very left wing healthcare plan she doesn't believe in or care about the details of, so she couldn't come up with a response when hit on it. Sanders/Warren were much more effective when advocating for MFA because of that reason.

Also Harris' record as California AG is awful and an Achilles heel with progressives, so she's in danger of falling between two stools.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1413 on: August 01, 2019, 11:26:48 AM »

They may have been lies, but Harris really dropped the ball when defending anyway.

But  yeah, it's her responses to her own healthcare plan that are the problem.
Yes! Biden got her on that and she is going to look crazy once she’s on stage with him, Warren, and Sanders!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1414 on: August 01, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »

Kamala gathering up quite a few endorsements this morning...

Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence (Harris now has more CBC endorsements than Biden)

Nevada-

New Hampshire-

Iowa-

....And none for Tulsi Gabbard. Bye!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1415 on: August 01, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »

Her debate performance last night overall was fairly weak. She avoided answering questions and did not directly respond to attacks. I am surprised she was not better prepared knowing that she would be a target after she was on the attack in the first debate. Her interviews afterward were equally cringeworthy when she belittled Tulsi instead of addressing the points she made during the debate.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1416 on: August 01, 2019, 11:47:21 AM »

Her debate performance last night overall was fairly weak. She avoided answering questions and did not directly respond to attacks. I am surprised she was not better prepared knowing that she would be a target after she was on the attack in the first debate. Her interviews afterward were equally cringeworthy when she belittled Tulsi instead of addressing the points she made during the debate.

Belittling Gabbard is appropriate. She’s nothing but a product of right wing internet support.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1417 on: August 01, 2019, 12:49:52 PM »

Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence (Harris now has more CBC endorsements than Biden)

Nevada-

New Hampshire-

Iowa-

Wooooooow.  Random small business owners.  Talk about desperate damage control!  Pretty sad, folks. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1418 on: August 01, 2019, 12:55:45 PM »

Wow you are comparing Kamala a candidate who doesnt register even 1% in the polls . Wow maybe Gabbard did really drop Kamala from a Tier 1 candidate to a Tier 2 or lower lol.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1419 on: August 01, 2019, 01:37:22 PM »

Wow you are comparing Kamala a candidate who doesnt register even 1% in the polls . Wow maybe Gabbard did really drop Kamala from a Tier 1 candidate to a Tier 2 or lower lol.

Here’s the thing, this is a DEMOCRATIC primary which means it matters who DEMOCRATS want. And as far as I know, the only endorsements Gabbard is getting are from right wingers: Mike Cernovich, Meghan McCain, PJW, Steve Brannon, David Duke outlets like Breitbart, Drudge, RT, and the Free Beacon. I understand you like her because she’s right wing and she pwned brown cop lady, but your opinion doesn’t really matter in the primary.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1420 on: August 01, 2019, 01:41:42 PM »

Here’s the thing, this is a DEMOCRATIC primary which means it matters who DEMOCRATS want. And as far as I know, the only endorsements Gabbard is getting are from right wingers: Mike Cernovich, Meghan McCain, PJW, Steve Brannon, David Duke outlets like Breitbart, Drudge, RT, and the Free Beacon. I understand you like her because she’s right wing and she pwned brown cop lady, but your opinion doesn’t really matter in the primary.

lmao no, she is pretty liberal , its just that the Dems have just gone so far to the left that people like Tusli seems centrists lol.

The tye of Dem I want is not Tulsi or Biden, I want the 94-04 Dem Party back
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1421 on: August 01, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »

lmao no, she is pretty liberal , its just that the Dems have just gone so far to the left that people like Tusli seems centrists lol.

The tye of Dem I want is not Tulsi or Biden, I want the 94-04 Dem Party back

So liberal she voted to significantly reduce the amount of refugees we would admit. So liberal she spoke out against gay marriage and worked for her dad’s conversion therapy program (I understand people evolve, but you people always say that in defense of Gabbard and brush aside Harris’ evolution on issues like marijuana). Oh! And she’s so liberal that she supports right wing Hindu nationalists. Oh and how can we forget that she’s so liberal she votes with Trump more than Harris does. Again, you’re a Republican. The direction we take the party is up to us. But thanks for your concerns!
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1422 on: August 01, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »

all this bickering from progressives is annoying

just close your eyes and accept Joseph Biden as your lord and savior
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1423 on: August 01, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »

all this bickering from progressives is annoying

just close your eyes and accept Joseph Biden as your lord and savior

I’m not arguing with progressives. None of Gabbard’s supporters are progressive.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1424 on: August 01, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »

Kamala Harris=Hillary Clinton 2.0
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77  
« previous next »