Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:11:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127278 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 21, 2019, 12:50:17 PM »

lol, if Kamala Harris becomes the face of the Democratic Party, I could see Catholics voting at near-Evangelical levels.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

Dear god this campaign logo is horrid.

I don't know; I think the retro look is good.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:09:24 PM »

She stole her slogan from John Morgan's law firm lol
Trump stole his from Reagan.  Big whoop.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »

This lady is a totalitarian nightmare.  Laughing over jailing parents for not sending them to school?!

If black activists and black leaders coalesce around her, I don't EVER want to hear them rail about the school-to-prison pipeline issue ever again.  Her actions as SF DA are the literal embodiment of such a culture.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 09:28:35 AM »

Not sure why people are pushing that Kamala is a national figure. Yes, is she one of the better known national dems? Sure, but still not a lot. Just look at all of the polls going on -- even her score of "Don't Know" is still pretty high among even DEMOCRATS, let alone all voters.

Her candidacy and supposed popularity is more of a media creation than anything else.  Besides being an identity politics candidate from the most "coastal elitist" city in the country (besides NYC of course), what does she have to offer as a future President?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 10:56:11 PM »

Per the bro capita they are criticizing Kamala by calling her the misogynist corporate whore slur. Can we plunge these people from voting in the primary? They are anything but progressive, in fact, the attitudes are in tact with the MAGA crowd than the smart people that vote blue.

While I wouldn't use those words, Kamala (and most of the other candidates) are indeed beholden to corporations.

And this is a bad thing, corporations know much better than "swing voters", what is good for the nation

Yes, the super wealthy and big corporations surely know what's better for this country than the plebes who weren't lucky enough to be born into wealth and power Roll Eyes

We have a country where people want to to abolish the EC and institute socialized medicine, we need protection from those radical ideas

Most of the world gets by without an EC and with universal healthcare. Feel free to join us anytime.
An EC wouldn't jive with a parliamentary system of government.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 02:59:44 PM »

It doesn't matter, she needs to come close in an early primary state, like NV or SC and now Bernie is kneck and kneck with Biden in SC and NV

South Carolina would be ground territory to start fleshing her challengers away. Just mentioned Bernie tone-deaf racial comments or Biden's past bill votes and she'll start to gain ground with the constituency that will put our nominee against Trump.

This will come. People are still acting like the votes are cast tomorrow.

Harris had been polling 5% ever since the Biden surge.  So, its not like she has been close since, she was the frontrunner in March, in these poll.

Bernie has been in second in most of these polls and had a bump before Biden made the announcement.

Californians are looking at other candidates. The only superdelegate to go out of his way to support Harris was Newsom. Rendell is supporting Biden

Take a wild guess where Trump and Bernie were polling at this time in 2015.
Piss-poor analogies. 

Most people thought Trump was running as a publicity stunt, or that he would lose but set the tone for immigration in the 2016 general election.

Bernie was viewed as a long-shot, and STILL lost even after his insurgent campaign gained ground.

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »

One thing that should worry Harris supporters is that she doesn't seem like she'd be a wave-proof President (think 2022 and 2024, and if she manages to win a second term, 2026).
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »

I used to think her prosecutorial demeanor would help the Dems in the general.

Now?

I think Trump would love to have her as an opponent in 2020.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »

It's been a wild ride. I'm still backing her. Most of the field is flawed. Should she be out I'll probably go over to Buttigieg or Maybe Warren,but her instincts worry me. Biden and Sanders should retire. Beto is not Presidential material,and for some reason I can't warm up to Booker.
Buttigieg is the most logical option for Beto and Harris refugees, IMO.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »

I bet a certain Gen X Senator from California is feeling quite vindicated right now.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 08:11:54 AM »

She has been getting a lot of favorable coverage in light of Barr's implication in Ukraine.

Atlas still bitching about a successful black woman? Not surprised. Fellas, she probably doesn't surf this site so idk who you're trying to convince.

"Successful" is a relative term right now, seeing as she's now slipping behind Buttigieg and Yang.

Successfully prosecutor? DA? Attorney General then US senator for the largest state in the country? Even your gaslighting is terrible.
You're one to talk about gaslighting.  Face it, your candidate sucks and can't hold her own against a mayor of a small city in the Heartland and a candidate who's a literal internet meme.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc
I was thinking more this...

https://youtu.be/bWRoEpYuHwI
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 08:44:27 PM »

Nah, nah, nah-nah....

Nah, nah, nah-nah.

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Goodbye!

I long for the day I can use the "Bye Felicia" GIF for the Harris campaign.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »

Her attack on Warren for not supporting Trump being banned from Trump was absolutely bizarre & insanely stupid. One of the most stupid arguments ever made by a top tier candidate.

Equally bad was her focus grouped tested stage managed performance where she went after Biden in Debate 1 & 2 & then spend the entire Debate going after Trump in Debate 3 which looked totally inauthentic. This lack of authenticity & bizarre arguments are going to hurt her future Presidential campaigns.
TOP-tier?!  LOL.  She's at the bottom of the mid-tier, inching very close to the top of the bottom-tier.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »

Seriously, if she's concerned about parents juggling work/home life, why not invest in childcare or after-school programs?  No wonder she's sinking into Beto-tier polling...her messaging sucks.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42:02 PM »

Thank God.  She comes off as the quintessential "coastal elitist" type.  Trump would LOVE to face her next fall.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies