Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:39:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127884 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: April 24, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »

She's losing in SC,IA and NH due to WWC voters and SC is a must win for her.
Biden, past will come back up, with sexual invasion. Bernie is sitting in the middle

This line is deeply unsettling and the mental image I got from it is even moreso.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #876 on: April 24, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »

SC isnt sure thing for Harris which was supposed to be her kickoff state to NV and Cali
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #877 on: April 24, 2019, 12:46:25 PM »

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #878 on: April 24, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »

Kamala Harris is not ready for prime time

Based on what, exactly? God you people are insufferable. She and Warren were the only ones laying out specific policy plans last night and apparently she's not ready for primetime. Lemme guess, you think boy wonder Pete is?

Sanders, for all his faults, has much more extensive policy proposals than Harris does. It's just that few of them are feasible.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #879 on: April 24, 2019, 08:16:25 PM »

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1121206940187578369 Advice on public speaking. That's some retail politics.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #880 on: April 25, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »

She's losing in SC,IA and NH due to WWC voters and SC is a must win for her.
Biden, past will come back up, with sexual invasion. Bernie is sitting in the middle

This line is deeply unsettling and the mental image I got from it is even moreso.

Reminds me of an obscure Mexican horror flick called "The Infernal Rapist".
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #881 on: April 25, 2019, 12:39:17 PM »

Her VP should be a Sherrod Brown, but NOT Sherrod Brown so Dems don't lose a Senate seat lol
James Monroe

« Reply #882 on: April 25, 2019, 03:53:33 PM »

Mayor Pete would be a amazing VP candidate if Kamala prevails as the candidate.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #883 on: April 25, 2019, 03:55:40 PM »

I'm not sure if America's ready to elect a ticket consisting of a (half) black woman and an openly gay man in 2020, even putting aside my ideological differences with Harris and Buttigieg.
James Monroe

« Reply #884 on: April 25, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »

I'm not sure if America's ready to elect a ticket consisting of a (half) black woman and an openly gay man in 2020, even putting aside my ideological differences with Harris and Buttigieg.

Trump voters weren't going to vote for the Democratic ticket in the first place. Buttigieg is a white guy and that should have him appeal to Sanders/Biden voters who are worried about the Dems trending left on social justice issues. It's the amount of right appeal to the voter's base that will help turnout for the November election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #885 on: April 25, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »

Buttigieg is a white guy and that should have him appeal to Sanders/Biden voters who are worried about the Dems trending left on social justice issues.

You know nothing about Bernie voters.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #886 on: April 25, 2019, 05:35:33 PM »

Trump voters weren't going to vote for the Democratic ticket in the first place. Buttigieg is a white guy and that should have him appeal to Sanders/Biden voters who are worried about the Dems trending left on social justice issues. It's the amount of right appeal to the voter's base that will help turnout for the November election.

The number of Sanders supporters who would feel uncomfortable voting for Harris solely because of her race and/or gender is so minuscule it's not even worth discussing, and Buttigieg isn't going to appeal to us just because he's a white man, lol.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #887 on: April 25, 2019, 06:02:54 PM »

That statement is mind-bogglingly dumb and tinged with a slight hint of racism, unless I'm reading it wrong.
James Monroe

« Reply #888 on: April 25, 2019, 08:44:27 PM »

That statement is mind-bogglingly dumb and tinged with a slight hint of racism, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Many Sanders supporters second choice is Joe Biden, the epitome of establishment politics, and as worse on the issues they care than Hillary Clinton.

Scrumtrulescent
Rookie

« Reply #889 on: April 25, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2019, 10:57:27 PM by Scrumtrulescent »

I love how, since January, we've gone from:

1. "Bernie Bros suck"
2. "Bernie voters suck"
3. "Bernie voters have Biden as their #2 choice"
4. "While we're at it, Buttigieg voters suck"
5. "Bernie & Biden (& Pete) voters only care about white people"

in like 4 months.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #890 on: April 25, 2019, 10:42:06 PM »

Many Sanders supporters second choice is Joe Biden, the epitome of establishment politics, and as worse on the issues they care than Hillary Clinton.

. . . You literally said "Sanders supporters will vote for Biden because he's white."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #891 on: April 26, 2019, 06:22:07 PM »

I made a post about this a few pages back and why it isn't a big deal too. Harris really can't do anything without hyperbolic criticism.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #892 on: April 26, 2019, 10:22:03 PM »

There are legitimate things to criticise her for. Owning a gun (and a handgun at that) is not one of them.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #893 on: April 27, 2019, 06:26:21 PM »

There are legitimate things to criticise her for. Owning a gun (and a handgun at that) is not one of them.

Sure, I don't oppose every criticism of her. It's just that there tend to be a lot of inconsequential ones coming up like her being anachronistic over what kind of music she listened to in college. I'll never get over that one.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2019, 11:23:56 AM »

Jim Margolis joining her team.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »

It doesn't matter, she needs to come close in an early primary state, like NV or SC and now Bernie is kneck and kneck with Biden in SC and NV
James Monroe

« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2019, 04:32:29 PM »

It doesn't matter, she needs to come close in an early primary state, like NV or SC and now Bernie is kneck and kneck with Biden in SC and NV

South Carolina would be ground territory to start fleshing her challengers away. Just mentioned Bernie tone-deaf racial comments or Biden's past bill votes and she'll start to gain ground with the constituency that will put our nominee against Trump.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #897 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »

South Carolina would be ground territory to start fleshing her challengers away. Just mentioned Bernie tone-deaf racial comments or Biden's past bill votes and she'll start to gain ground with the constituency that will put our nominee against Trump.

This will come. People are still acting like the votes are cast tomorrow.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: May 01, 2019, 12:10:51 AM »

Harris had been polling 5% ever since the Biden surge.  So, its not like she has been close since, she was the frontrunner in March, in these poll.

Bernie has been in second in most of these polls and had a bump before Biden made the announcement.

Californians are looking at other candidates. The only superdelegate to go out of his way to support Harris was Newsom. Rendell is supporting Biden
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #899 on: May 01, 2019, 10:24:14 AM »

Harris had been polling 5% ever since the Biden surge.  So, its not like she has been close since, she was the frontrunner in March, in these poll.

Bernie has been in second in most of these polls and had a bump before Biden made the announcement.

Californians are looking at other candidates. The only superdelegate to go out of his way to support Harris was Newsom. Rendell is supporting Biden

The "Biden surge" -- which literally just happened a few days ago. If anything, that should tell you that everything is very volatile in the primary electorate (something no one should need to be told) and essentially no one is committed to their candidate, and events will inevitably overtake all of the candidates.

I am certain that someone other than Joe Biden will lead multiple national polls at some point before the Iowa caucuses. That doesn't mean Biden won't ultimately win (or even be leading nationally at the time of the Iowa caucuses), but it does emphasize how ridiculous looking at poll movements (or even poll positions, beyond candidates who are clearly struggling to gain traction at 0-1%) at this stage in the game is.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies