Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127850 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2019, 11:58:25 PM »

Can we give the maroon avs their own "Kamala Derangement Megathread" So they don't keep spamming the 2020 Forum with individual articles?

Criticism of Harris for legitimately substantive reasons isn't "derangement".
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »

Can we give the maroon avs their own "Kamala Derangement Megathread" So they don't keep spamming the 2020 Forum with individual articles?

But it is when it involves Bernie Sanders? Oh.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »

She was not mocking "schools not jails". She says she agrees with that in theory (which contemplates deterrence of future criminals), but that it doesn’t solve current criminal activity.

People who don't send their child to school are committing child abuse. Y'all are so anti-Kamala that you are advocating for child neglect.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #478 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:16 AM »

All you people do with Bernie Sanders is scream "HE'S CONNECTED TO RUSSIA" and "HE'S PRO GUN", neither of which are remotely true.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2019, 12:17:26 AM »

She is shining in this town hall. Eased a few of my fears on her record. Feel very comfortable with her in my top tier.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2019, 12:32:29 AM »

Not gonna lie, Harris jumped quite a few tiers on my personal list. That was a great interview for her.

Or like my Mom said, 'Maybe Trump needs to be put on trial and prosecuted!'.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2019, 12:38:50 AM »

Kamala laughing over putting parents in jail. The Democratic nominee, folks.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2019, 01:09:34 AM »

Kamala Harris’s town hall started off ok but she bombed the question on how she’d debate Trump. The substance of her answer to the girl on DACA was not bad per se but was a bit log. And she dodged the question on her record. I also don’t like how she answered the question on the wall, however. I do like how she answered the college question but why did she use the phrase “debt free”? That’s right from the Clinton playbook but to be fair, simply free in state tuition won’t really help a current college student. I of course hate her answer on guns on substance but that’s kind of expected. That aside, she didn’t do a good job keeping her answer’s short (and this was a common theme throughout the night). I really don’t like her answer to the Afghanistan question either and gave me a strong impression that she’s Take the bait. The rest of the town hall wasn’t bad though.

I entered tonight with serious reservations about Kamala Harris and this town hall did not change that. She’s too much of the Resistance candidate for me plain and simple.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2019, 01:21:52 AM »

She’s no Hillary. The people who pretend she is are really starting to piss me off.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2019, 01:25:05 AM »

She was not mocking "schools not jails". She says she agrees with that in theory (which contemplates deterrence of future criminals), but that it doesn’t solve current criminal activity.

People who don't send their child to school are committing child abuse. Y'all are so anti-Kamala that you are advocating for child neglect.

Agree with both of these. It's possible to support someone and have serious reservations about them, people!
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:16 AM »

At first I was little underwhelmed ,but her Oakland speech and this Town hall gave some hope. I think she do well. I rather she her debate Trump over Gillibrand and Warren. Gillibrand is too scripted. Warren has shown herself to be baited easily.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2019, 06:29:45 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »

Whatever that means
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2019, 06:44:48 AM »

Kamala Harris’s town hall started off ok but she bombed the question on how she’d debate Trump. The substance of her answer to the girl on DACA was not bad per se but was a bit log. And she dodged the question on her record. I also don’t like how she answered the question on the wall, however. I do like how she answered the college question but why did she use the phrase “debt free”? That’s right from the Clinton playbook but to be fair, simply free in state tuition won’t really help a current college student. I of course hate her answer on guns on substance but that’s kind of expected. That aside, she didn’t do a good job keeping her answer’s short (and this was a common theme throughout the night). I really don’t like her answer to the Afghanistan question either and gave me a strong impression that she’s Take the bait. The rest of the town hall wasn’t bad though.

I entered tonight with serious reservations about Kamala Harris and this town hall did not change that. She’s too much of the Resistance candidate for me plain and simple.

I actually thought the answer to her debating Trump was perfect. Integrity, truth, and caring about someone other than your self? Literally 3 qualities that Trump doesn't have and I think we all wish the POTUS did.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »

Kamala laughing over putting parents in jail. The Democratic nominee, folks.

Fortunately (?) none of those parents were Wall Street executives.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »

Does this mean we can also quarantine the Hillary Hacks for Harris?  That way you guys could have your own private echo chamber thread devoid of any discussion about Harris’ record as CA AG or lack of any substantial accomplishments during her time in the Senate. 
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2019, 01:54:59 PM »

All you people do with Bernie Sanders is scream "HE'S CONNECTED TO RUSSIA" and "HE'S PRO GUN", neither of which are remotely true.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2019, 02:13:42 PM by RussFeingoldWasRobbedk »

Project all you want, but last time I checked, wanting to work with his staff to adress sexual harassment and try to fix that problem was not a problem. It wasn't a big vote, he didn't need to be there and it's not comparable to Kamala Harris refusing to let an innocent person out of prison! End of story. Apples are not oranges!
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2019, 02:18:45 PM »

Trump would defeat her soundly. Dems do not have a consensus unifying candidate in 2020.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2019, 02:26:49 PM »

Trump would defeat her soundly. Dems do not have a consensus unifying candidate in 2020.
Trump will not win solidly against anyone. Half the country hates his guts and he's one of the most unpopular presidents we've ever had! He won in 2016 against someone who was hated equally(or perhaps more) then he was! If Sanders, Biden or someone else had been the nominee, Trump would have lost in 2016
I'm not saying he can't win, but he's not going to win in a "Landslide" even against a weak candidate like Booker or Warren
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2019, 03:18:21 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Truly the most vile politician in America. I don't understand how anyone in the Democratic base will support her, and I fully expect her to bomb out Jeb Bush-style, if not Scott Walker-style. Trump would absolutely own her in a general. Gillibrand and Booker are both significantly more qualified and ideologically/culturally palatable to the electorate.

e: by Jeb Bush-style, I mean someone who is completely out of touch with the desires of the base. The Scott Walker-style scenario would require her to not be able to find any niche at all because all her statements are generic platitudes (see: announcement speech) that no one will actually be enthused about
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2019, 03:15:34 PM »

Truly the most vile politician in America. I don't understand how anyone in the Democratic base will support her, and I fully expect her to bomb out Jeb Bush-style, if not Scott Walker-style. Trump would absolutely own her in a general. Gillibrand and Booker are both significantly more qualified and ideologically/culturally palatable to the electorate.
good taste. i would definitely prefer booker to most of the field
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2019, 07:14:56 PM »

Bernie is actually pretty pro-gun, which is the only reason I'd ever consider voting for him.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »

This lady is a totalitarian nightmare.  Laughing over jailing parents for not sending them to school?!

If black activists and black leaders coalesce around her, I don't EVER want to hear them rail about the school-to-prison pipeline issue ever again.  Her actions as SF DA are the literal embodiment of such a culture.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies