Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:44:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 344375 times)
swf541

« on: September 16, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »

Virginians are trained to change the channel or mute it every time Youngkin comes on (once every 5 mins) so the idea of a "joint vaccine PSA" would just be a waste of money like all of Youngkin's other ads.  Why doesn't Youngkin stop wasting so much money on his failed campaign and donate it to vaccine research?

Lol yes, I'm extremely sick of seeing his ads and im in western MD.
swf541

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 06:27:45 PM »

Hot take: This is a sleeper race, and Youngkin has about a 30% chance of winning. We've barely goten any polling, and what we do have are Youngkin internals. McAuliffe hasn't released any internals, which is a sign of weakness.

Well yes, this is a hot take lol
swf541

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:25 PM »

McAuliffle posts a leaked tape of Youngkin asking students not to get the vaccine.
I’m sure this is lacking some context, but it sounds pretty freaking bad.

Especially ironic following his comments asking for a pro-vaccine PSA with McAuliffe.

What a piece of human trash
swf541

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 07:08:29 PM »

I see this thread has gone to complete hell lol

Anyways, I'm standing by my mcaullife wins by roughly 5% prediction.

Also if the polls are off on this race too, I think American polling is fundamentally useless going forward after the debacles over the last few cycles.
swf541

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 07:34:55 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

No one cares about your takes either but here we are.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

absolutely pathetic and disgusting. 

no u

Not "no u," you've shown you have no respect for democracy, which tbh knowing you isn't all that surprising. But, it's a wee-bit disturbing that the mask is finally off.

I love it when posters on a *checks notes* discussion boards about elections has no respect or puts any value into democratic elections or institutions.  
swf541

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 07:43:40 PM »

Well then I see this isnt getting any better I dont know why you continue to feed the troll tho at this point
swf541

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 08:07:16 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

You just hate poor people.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

I prefer a fairly progressive tax with low business taxes.
Solid take here, Im not remotely a fan of high business taxes or sales taxes, but think income taxes should should be significantly higher along obv with ending the capital gains loophole.
swf541

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

Solid take here, Im not remotely a fan of high business taxes or sales taxes, but think income taxes should should be significantly higher along obv with ending the capital gains loophole.

You could have a 100% tax rate on incomes above 100,000 but it would be useless if there are numerous loop holes or people literally leaving the country or moving their money.

When did I call for a 100% tax rate lol
Im also completely familiar with the laffer curve and agree with it, I just find sales taxes to be inherently regressive and corporate tax to be a poor substitute for proper implementation of personal income taxes over x amount.
swf541

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

No one cares about your takes either but here we are.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

absolutely pathetic and disgusting.  
The irony of you calling anything pathetic or disgusting after literally being a apologist for a white supremacist false flag...

In what world are you living.

I'm really not going to waste any more of my time on your drivel.  Thanks but ignore you go with the democracy hater!

Blocking is "the result of no viable argument".. anyway, you're a complete lunatic who is siding with a organization that has harboured paedophiles and as we know staged white supremacist false flags.

I wasnt going to engage but wow this is a take.
swf541

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 08:17:07 PM »

You could have a 100% tax rate on incomes above 100,000 but it would be useless if there are numerous loop holes or people literally leaving the country or moving their money.

Im also completely familiar with the laffer curve and agree with it, I just find sales taxes to be inherently regressive and corporate tax to be a poor substitute for proper implementation of personal income taxes over x amount.

The biggest issues are the capital gains and pass through loopholes.  Those aren't even people "working."  The GOP has done a good job of convincing poor people to hate people making a higher salary because that's easy to quantify for low info voters and democracy haters.  But the reality is the people getting away with it the most are business owners and people just living off their stocks and other assets.

I completely agree, I used to work in a local tax/accounting firm that dealt with a lot of small businesses/contractors and always felt they were getting shafted the worst vs other forms of income which just seems counterproductive.
swf541

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 08:18:14 PM »

I didn't say you did. I just was using an example.

Sales taxes are regressive yes.. but I would increase them for services but eliminate them for groceries or personal necessities.

Youngkin wants to eliminate the income tax. Another reason I didn't vote for him.
Got ya, but yea Im just not a personal fan of sales taxes but I can get why they exist/are needed with the current tax system we have.
swf541

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »

The biggest issues are the capital gains and pass through loopholes.  Those aren't even people "working."  The GOP has done a good job of convincing poor people to hate people making a higher salary because that's easy to quantify for low info voters and democracy haters.  But the reality is the people getting away with it the most are business owners and people just living off their stocks and other assets.

I completely agree, I used to work in a local tax/accounting firm that dealt with a lot of small businesses/contractors and always felt they were getting shafted the worst vs other forms of income which just seems counterproductive.

Another thing to point out (to both of you) is that Youngkin is just f***** lying.  On the one hand he says he's going to cut taxes massively.  On the other he says he's going to increase teacher pay, invest more in law enforcement, etc. etc.  Where is that money going to come from?  It's ridiculous.  He's just promising everything to everyone.
Yep I've seen his 20k ads lol

Im slowly losing my mind from the constant va governor/ag/lt gov ads I swear the virginia gov election cycle ads sometimes seem more intense then the presidential race ads in terms of the constant tv presence on my channels
swf541

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »

Another thing to point out (to both of you) is that Youngkin is just f***** lying.  On the one hand he says he's going to cut taxes massively.  On the other he says he's going to increase teacher pay, invest more in law enforcement, etc. etc.  Where is that money going to come from?  It's ridiculous.  He's just promising everything to everyone.

Im slowly losing my mind from the constant va governor/ag/lt gov ads I swear the virginia gov election cycle ads sometimes seem more intense then the presidential race ads in terms of the constant tv presence on my channels

Youngkin owes the entire state of Virginia an apology for making us see his constant idiotic, lying ads for the last 6 months when he could have spent the money on a trip to space like normal billionaires.

lol yes, Im not even in Virginia so its even worse, at least its relevant to Virginian voters
swf541

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 08:38:33 PM »

The voters we targetting are on the fence voters.

Good news: Most, if not all, are voting for Ayala, Herring and Keam (Keam is my delegate, I live in Oakton).

Bad news: a lot are more on the fense on Tmac.. saying they are tired of hearing about trump.. say youngkin is a business man, etc..  Most of them will probably vote tmac at the end i hope.

Again, this is not representive of all of Vienna, VA or HD-35 in general but this is what on the fense voters feel say.
Yea honestly my main issue with his campaign is the constant ads comparing Youngkin to Trump, some amount is fine, but he could really have used some more positive ads imo
swf541

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 08:39:39 PM »

Youngkin owes the entire state of Virginia an apology for making us see his constant idiotic, lying ads for the last 6 months when he could have spent the money on a trip to space like normal billionaires.

lol yes, Im not even in Virginia so its even worse, at least its relevant to Virginian voters

That's doubly painful.  At least ur not getting the texts from his campaign/and other right wing outlets.  Those are real doozies.  Almost as bad as the WV guy's posts here.
No instead I get to watch my local elected lunatics trying to secede to west virginia lol
swf541

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 08:40:57 PM »

Lincoln Project literally admits responsible for white supremacist false flag..

Response - "Qanon Trash !?!!?!!".

Baffling.

I agree with you on one thing, that the Lincoln Project is trash
swf541

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2021, 08:45:11 PM »

Lincoln Project literally admits responsible for white supremacist false flag..

Response - "Qanon Trash !?!!?!!".

Baffling.

I agree with you on one thing, that the Lincoln Project is trash
Well, thank you..

That's all I attempting to through to Non Swing Voter.. but he proceeded to claim I was spouting Qanon trash for repeating what the Lincoln Project has literally said and admitted to in the past and present.

Yea what the Lincoln Project did was rather shifty as usual. They cant even do a political hatchet job well....
swf541

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2021, 08:54:29 PM »

Also if the polls are off on this race too, I think American polling is fundamentally useless going forward after the debacles over the last few cycles.
Not necessarily, if you can identify a pattern as to the way in which they're off, they can still be useful. A clock that is 10 minutes ahead can be used to determine the time if you know it's 10 minutes ahead.

True but there has not been a consistent pattern
swf541

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2021, 08:55:32 PM »

Not necessarily, if you can identify a pattern as to the way in which they're off, they can still be useful. A clock that is 10 minutes ahead can be used to determine the time if you know it's 10 minutes ahead.

If Trump supporters would stop lying to pollsters it might help.
While an issue that alone doesnt seem to be the cause of all the issues
swf541

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/isis-threat-virginia-malls-shopping-centers-increased-security/

this "threat" sounds like complete BS.  Fairfax is aware of it but Arlington and Loudoun have no idea what it's about? 

Isnt there "terror" threats every halloween?
swf541

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2021, 09:46:26 PM »

Just saw a VA delegate ad.... why....
swf541

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2021, 09:51:47 PM »

I see tons of delegate ads for candidates not even in my district.  They are just all deep in money right now.  This is the problem with being one of only 2 states with major elections this year.  The whole f'ing country is pumping money into all the local channels. 

Was watching tv earlier and the entire commercial segment, at least 5 or 6 ads were political ads, 2 of them from Youngkin in the same commercial break.
Yep had the same last night
swf541

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2021, 10:01:18 PM »

As i watch more television this evening and see more ads, Ill also comment I think the dem ads for AG+LG are much better in terms of balancing trump/other topics
swf541

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2021, 10:50:43 PM »

I see tons of delegate ads for candidates not even in my district.  They are just all deep in money right now.  This is the problem with being one of only 2 states with major elections this year.  The whole f'ing country is pumping money into all the local channels. 

Was watching tv earlier and the entire commercial segment, at least 5 or 6 ads were political ads, 2 of them from Youngkin in the same commercial break.

You're not going to get ads just for your district if the media market for your location covers areas outside of your district. It's not just about money.

So if you live in the DC area, don't be surprised to get tons of ads for districts outside of where you live, because you likely live close to the district you're getting ads for.

I dont even live in whats considered the DC area, Im in western maryland closer to wv+pa then dc/va

And I cant remember the last time ive ever seen a maryland delegate ad lol
swf541

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 06:16:40 PM »

I think I have been the ONLY one who has been insistent on the “polls don’t matter” point from 2020 to now.

I have joined in this bandwagon since the CA results
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies