PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:07:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 328315 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: November 22, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »

Revival!!!!

Ok, we all know Allyson wants the Senate.  Who will be the Dem nominees?  GOP?  Does the GOP have a chance at getting this seat back?

The GOP has a chance if 2010 is absolutely terrible for the Dems. Who the hell knows who wants to run on our side. Shapiro is a strong possibility for the Dems (and he'd get the nomination rather easily) but he's also thinking about a U.S. Senate run. If I were him, I think a run for the House is clearly the best bet. Shapiro is a star but not enough of a star to beat Schwartz in a Senatorial primary (whether the field is crowded or not).

Shapiro would win easily as well.  I'd recommend he'd run for the House and who knows when Casey retires, he could fill in.  Then again for balance purposes, we should have a Dem from the West or upstate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1576 on: December 12, 2008, 11:07:09 AM »

Torsella stepping down from Constitution Center for another run? - http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index.ssf?/base/news-69/1229014194173500.xml&storylist=penn

They always talked about him running once Allyson was done here. Assuming Shapiro doesn't run for the Senate (which I think is a safe assumption. I think he's doing exactly what he did for his State House seat - initially say he's running for Congress so that he's guaranteed the other spot), Torsella would have a real battle on his hands for the nomination here. Shapiro definitely has the edge but it could be a fun race to watch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1577 on: December 12, 2008, 02:21:10 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What exactly is this? I was reading through this thread and this statement caught me off guard. Phil is praising Bob Casey Jr.?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1578 on: December 12, 2008, 06:48:17 PM »

What exactly is this? I was reading through this thread and this statement caught me off guard. Phil is praising Bob Casey Jr.?

That was from when I was stupid.

I have made it very clear that Bob Casey, Jr. used to be my favorite Democrat. Looking back on that State Treasurer race, which included Casey, Pepper (the RINO odd ball) and our very own Daryl W. Perry, I would have skipped the race (as I did this year).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1579 on: December 12, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »

I have made it very clear that Bob Casey, Jr. used to be my favorite Democrat. Looking back on that State Treasurer race, which included Casey, Pepper (the RINO odd ball) and our very own Daryl W. Perry, I would have skipped the race (as I did this year).

Of course Phil left out the part where Casey jumped into a Senate race, which Phil claimed he didn't want or wouldn't win, and beat his most beloved politician in the whole world, by the largest margin of defeat for an incumbent since George McGovern lost his 1980 reelection bid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1580 on: December 12, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »

Of course Phil left out the part where Casey jumped into a Senate race, which Phil claimed he didn't want or wouldn't win, and beat his most beloved politician in the whole world, by the largest margin of defeat for an incumbent since George McGovern lost his 1980 reelection bid.

Uh...I don't know what's up your ass but I don't know why I'd have to include that part. I think it's pretty damn self evident. But, hey, thank you for doing that. We all know how necessary it was.  Roll Eyes

By the way, we can't argue with proof that Casey wanted it or not but pretty much everyone here would agree that he didn't truly want it.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1581 on: December 12, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »

Uh...I don't know what's up your ass but I don't know why I'd have to include that part. I think it's pretty damn self evident. But, hey, thank you for doing that. We all know how necessary it was.  Roll Eyes

By the way, we can't argue with proof that Casey wanted it or not but pretty much everyone here would agree that he didn't truly want it.

Oh I agree he didn't want that job. But his disinterest wasn;t enough for him to resist pressure to run from the Democratic party. I mentioned that little tidbit b/c ever since 2006 your dislike of Casey has grown significantly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1582 on: December 12, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »

I mentioned that little tidbit b/c ever since 2006 your dislike of Casey has grown significantly.

Well, thank you for stating the obvious. Next post will be, "Phil failed to mention that he voted for Santorum."
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1583 on: December 13, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2008, 02:40:26 PM by North Carolina Yankee »

I mentioned that little tidbit b/c ever since 2006 your dislike of Casey has grown significantly.

Well, thank you for stating the obvious. Next post will be, "Phil failed to mention that he voted for Santorum."

So what I would have too if I still lived in PA. I don't intend to make another post about this I would prefer it to be dropped. I don't know why you had to drag this thing out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1584 on: December 13, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »

So what I would have too if I still lived in PA. I don't intend to make another post about this I would prefer it to be dropped. I don't know why you had to drag this thing out.

I only "dragged this thing out" because your commentary made no sense whatsoever. You went on to say that I left out that Santorum lost. I didn't understand why that was necessary since it's like saying, "Oh, yeah, for anyone that didn't realize...the sun is bright." Then you said it was a joke and you felt the need to post it because I've grown to dislike Casey ever since he beat Santorum. Again, it was more of you stating the obvious. It was totally unnecessary but whatever.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »

Theoretical-  Sestak stays mum on Senate, but Schwartz jumps in, Torsella drops out.  What would a PA 13 race look like?  My picks:

Joe Torsella vs. Stew Greenleaf

Any thoughts?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »

One more month guess what date will come?

PA 13 THREAD'S 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1587 on: May 10, 2009, 11:49:25 PM »

Torsella vs. Greenleaf would be a great matchup but Shapiro would beat Torsella in a primary. Either way, barring a great year for us, the Dems would keep the seat either way.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1588 on: May 11, 2009, 06:33:07 PM »

I didn't think we'd see this thread again until redistricting!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1589 on: May 11, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »

It might get somewhat interesting. I hear that a Northeast Philly guy might be getting into the race. No, Flyers, it's no one big but it would be interesting to see.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1590 on: May 11, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2009, 07:54:27 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

It might get somewhat interesting. I hear that a Northeast Philly guy might be getting into the race. No, Flyers, it's no one big but it would be interesting to see.

Joe McColgan?  Would you consider him big?  Or our buddy... oh, don't make
                                                                                                                       me do it.
And you know crazy John will be the CP nominee if our buddy isn't the GOP nominee,
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1591 on: May 11, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »

me do it.
And you know crazy John will be the CP nominee if our buddy isn't the GOP nominee,

No, not McColgan. McColgan is actually one of my committee people now (since I'm in charge in the 65th). Not Taubenberger either.  Tongue

Crazy John runs everytime the GOP nominates a Pro Choice candidate. The guy that has been mentioned is probably Pro Life though so if he's the nominee, Crazy John might have to run for something else!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1592 on: May 11, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »

me do it.

No, not McColgan. McColgan is actually one of my committee people now (since I'm in charge in the 65th). Not Taubenberger either.  Tongue

Crazy John runs everytime the GOP nominates a Pro Choice candidate. The guy that has been mentioned is probably Pro Life though so if he's the nominee, Crazy John might have to run for something else!

Darn,  I love his "liberal twin" comments and the like.  He's funny.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1593 on: May 11, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »

Yeah, Al used that one, too, against Brown and Bard in 2004.

There's still a chance that McDermott will run. The Montco GOP has more of a say as to who gets the nomination in PA 13. If they have someone who wants it, they'll probably win out in the end.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1594 on: May 11, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »

There's still a chance that McDermott will run. The Montco GOP has more of a say as to who gets the nomination in PA 13. If they have someone who wants it, they'll probably win out in the end.

i don't know how strong they are right now.  I really don't.  They lost badly last election, but 2007 showed a light for them with holding the DA and 2 of the Commish spots.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1595 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »

i don't know how strong they are right now.  I really don't.  They lost badly last election, but 2007 showed a light for them with holding the DA and 2 of the Commish spots.

I'm talking about their power compared to the Philly GOP in Republican primaries.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1596 on: May 11, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »

I'm talking about their power compared to the Philly GOP in Republican primaries.

Oh gotcha.  Then again a lot of moderates switched out there.  The Philly GOP in the district might have more power this time around wouldn't you think?  I know everyone's saying about the 200,000 GOP to Dem switch and I'm wondering if a lot of it was here or more PA 6 and 7.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1597 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »

Oh gotcha.  Then again a lot of moderates switched out there.  The Philly GOP in the district might have more power this time around wouldn't you think?  I know everyone's saying about the 200,000 GOP to Dem switch and I'm wondering if a lot of it was here or more PA 6 and 7.

I'm not talking about the actual primary; I'm talking about the lead up to it/the party organizations.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1598 on: July 25, 2009, 11:53:11 PM »

I think that the most remarkable aspect of this thread is that the election occurred on page 51 and the thread is now on page 107. More than half of this drivel was posted after the contest had ended.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1599 on: July 26, 2009, 01:31:39 AM »

I think that the most remarkable aspect of this thread is that the election occurred on page 51 and the thread is now on page 107. More than half of this drivel was posted after the contest had ended.

Even more remarkable: you researched this.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies