PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:54:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 329212 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: July 26, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »

More than half of this drivel was posted after the contest had ended.

If there is one thing that brings Flyers and me together...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1601 on: July 26, 2009, 06:54:38 AM »

I think that the most remarkable aspect of this thread is that the election occurred on page 51 and the thread is now on page 107. More than half of this drivel was posted after the contest had ended.

Apparently there is something about 13 that makes guys go crazy.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1602 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »

So what will happen here in 2012?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1603 on: July 13, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

She'll probably win another term, my guess, though I haven't really seen the new Pennsylvania map.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1604 on: July 13, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »

She'll probably win another term, my guess, though I haven't really seen the new Pennsylvania map.

If the Republicans don't pack this district they risk losing 2-3 other seats.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1605 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:02 AM »

Yawn.

I haven't even heard anyone rumored to run on our side. Two friends of mine that ran last time were talking about running again but haven't mentioned it in months.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1606 on: July 17, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »

I  think republicans who think they'll win this district are a tad off. Yes, its historically GOP but didnt Obama win 60% here?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1607 on: July 17, 2011, 12:13:34 AM »

I  think republicans who think they'll win this district are a tad off. Yes, its historically GOP but didnt Obama win 60% here?

No one is arguing that it will be won now. That isn't to say that it is a solid Democratic seat. Schwartz could have had a much closer race last year if we nominated someone else but she's still very difficult to beat. The demographics, party registration edge and her personal organization provide a nice firewall for her.

This infamous debate is primarily from 2004 when it was supposed to be a closely contested race (like it was in 2002). Plus, I'm hearing rumors that our beloved 13th could look very different after redistricting, with a significant part of the Northeast (sadly, my area) being thrown into a solid Democratic seat. I still think it's a stretch but it's the idea being tossed around now.

And just as a note: this PA 13 isn't historically Republican. That was the old 13th which didn't include Northeast Philadelphia. It was a Montco district and Montco was very different politically just over a decade ago.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1608 on: July 17, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »

I  think republicans who think they'll win this district are a tad off. Yes, its historically GOP but didnt Obama win 60% here?

No one is arguing that it will be won now. That isn't to say that it is a solid Democratic seat. Schwartz could have had a much closer race last year if we nominated someone else but she's still very difficult to beat. The demographics, party registration edge and her personal organization provide a nice firewall for her.

This infamous debate is primarily from 2004 when it was supposed to be a closely contested race (like it was in 2002). Plus, I'm hearing rumors that our beloved 13th could look very different after redistricting, with a significant part of the Northeast (sadly, my area) being thrown into a solid Democratic seat. I still think it's a stretch but it's the idea being tossed around now.

And just as a note: this PA 13 isn't historically Republican. That was the old 13th which didn't include Northeast Philadelphia. It was a Montco district and Montco was very different politically just over a decade ago.

I heard they're looking to pack Lower Merion back into the 13th and some Dem areas.  It'll be a 60-40 seat when all is said and done.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1609 on: July 18, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »

Oh geez I just realized this thread is over 7 years old and I first posted here when I was only a year older than Phil is now!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1610 on: July 18, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »

I heard they're looking to pack Lower Merion back into the 13th and some Dem areas.  It'll be a 60-40 seat when all is said and done.

Lower Merion is becoming quite Democratic.  Their Commissioners are majority D, 10 to 4.  It wasn't when Fox held the seat.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1611 on: July 23, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

I would definitely love to keep Lower Merion in PA 6 though.  It's all talk until we see a map.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1612 on: December 19, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »

Allyson Schwartz is Satan!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1613 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »

No she isn't.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1614 on: December 19, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »

PA-13 is a 65% Obama district now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1615 on: December 19, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »

I thought of bumping this to mark the end of my residency in this district. Looks like others took care of that for me. It was fun while it last.

66%  Wink

That might be the silver lining for me. Sure, I'd still rather be in the 13th as opposed to the 1st but the 13th isn't even in "teaser" territory anymore.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1616 on: December 20, 2011, 01:46:25 AM »

I thought of bumping this to mark the end of my residency in this district. Looks like others took care of that for me. It was fun while it last.

66%  Wink

That might be the silver lining for me. Sure, I'd still rather be in the 13th as opposed to the 1st but the 13th isn't even in "teaser" territory anymore.

As for me I'm still in it, but soon to be in PA 2 for 2012 cause of a move, but after that .. well.. likely PA 6, 7, or back to 13.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1617 on: April 02, 2013, 05:43:20 PM »

We're back!

I might not be in the district anymore - my street is actually the border between PA 1, 8 and 13 and I'm pretty sure Flyers isn't in the 13th either! - but that doesn't mean I won't be commenting on what will be, at the very least, a very interesting Democratic primary.

Montco State Senator and liberal firebrand Daylin Leach is the first to officially declare. He released a campaign video today.

http://www.politicspa.com/leach-announces-pa-13-democratic-primary-kicks-off/47127/

He's playing up his NE Philly roots (something I was unaware of), knowing Philly State Representative Brendan Boyle will be one of his opponents. Boyle announced the hiring of two former DCCC staffers today.

The only other two individuals that have taken steps towards running are former Philadelphia City Controller/very well known local Dem cheerleader Jonathan Saidel and physician Valerie Arkoosh. They both filed with the FEC. I'm not sure about Arkoosh but I don't think Saidel will pull the trigger. There's buzz that State Senator LeAnna Washington might run but I'm not buying it at all.

The new 13th's Dems are pretty evenly split between the two counties but I believe NE Philly has the slight advantage. Stay tuned because this is going to be a fun one.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1618 on: April 02, 2013, 06:48:14 PM »

We're back!

I might not be in the district anymore - my street is actually the border between PA 1, 8 and 13 and I'm pretty sure Flyers isn't in the 13th either! - but that doesn't mean I won't be commenting on what will be, at the very least, a very interesting Democratic primary.

Montco State Senator and liberal firebrand Daylin Leach is the first to officially declare. He released a campaign video today.

http://www.politicspa.com/leach-announces-pa-13-democratic-primary-kicks-off/47127/

He's playing up his NE Philly roots (something I was unaware of), knowing Philly State Representative Brendan Boyle will be one of his opponents. Boyle announced the hiring of two former DCCC staffers today.

The only other two individuals that have taken steps towards running are former Philadelphia City Controller/very well known local Dem cheerleader Jonathan Saidel and physician Valerie Arkoosh. They both filed with the FEC. I'm not sure about Arkoosh but I don't think Saidel will pull the trigger. There's buzz that State Senator LeAnna Washington might run but I'm not buying it at all.

The new 13th's Dems are pretty evenly split between the two counties but I believe NE Philly has the slight advantage. Stay tuned because this is going to be a fun one.

52.3% of the registered Democrats are in Philadelphia County.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1619 on: April 03, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »

We're back!

I'm not in the 13th anymore.  Now in the 2nd, moving to either the 6th, 7th or possibly even the Montco portion of the 13th again after I get married.  District lines for where we're looking are just that fuzzy. 

Anyway, this is a tough one for me.  Actually with Leach, Saidel and Boyle VERY tough for me.  Thankfully I probably don't have to vote in this!  I like things about all 3.  I don't want to make abortion rights an eliminator, but it may very well be the straw that breaks the camels back in this case.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1620 on: April 03, 2013, 07:42:17 PM »

Thread now 8 years, 10 months old!  Where did the time go?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1621 on: April 05, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »

I don't think Saidel runs. Anyway, I meant to mention this earlier: Leach will be very close to or almost any identical twin of Alan Grayson. BRTD would love him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1622 on: April 08, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »

Boyle has officially filed an exploratory committee and, in a surprising (to me) move, so has Saidel. He is also the chairman of Schwartz's Gubernatorial campaign committee. This got even more interesting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1623 on: April 09, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

Former PA 13 Congresswoman Marjorie Margolies (Mezvinsky. She has since been divorced) is toying with a run. As you may know, she was the infamous deciding vote for the Clinton tax hike. She lost her seat in 1994. Bill and Hillary are now her in-laws - http://www.politicspa.com/pa-13-game-changer-margolies-floats-bid-for-schwartz-seat/47278/

This would be a game changer. Bill is supposedly pushing her to run.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1624 on: April 09, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2013, 10:32:02 PM by RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel »

I don't think Saidel runs. Anyway, I meant to mention this earlier: Leach will be very close to or almost any identical twin of Alan Grayson. BRTD would love him.

Do you think Leach will be as abrasive as Grayson?  Boyle looks better on personal creds, but Planned Parenthood and NARAL might have issues espeically considering it's Schwartz's successor.  While PA 13 has some similarities to MA 9 and IL 3 (The NE Philly part), it isn't quite that socially conservative.  If I somehow end up back in the 13th, this will definitely be a nose holder vote for me in 2014.  Question is do I vote for someone I know personally better or how they'll potentially vote in Congress?  IMO, Leach is awesome on social issues while Boyle will have to suck up to Reagan Democrats even in the primary.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies