The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:43:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171239 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 08:43:52 PM »

It's a hot far-right take and the government is continuing to milk it for propaganda. In case you missed the sub-headline of your own link:
Is it "a hot far-left take" to believe that a bat bit a pangolin that infected a person? There is no direct evidence for either of these scenarios and I am unsure why you are ascribing an ideological position to one or the other.

Thank you for posting your absurd and ignorant take directly into the thread, makes things easier.

The notion that the virus was created in a lab is an unfounded conspiracy theory that is being spread by right wing pundits and media in order to both seek to punish China (or to them, anyone who "looks" Chinese) and ascribe blame, so they can point to someone and say "look its their fault" as well as remove any responsibility from themselves in stopping the spread.

The origin from a pangolin is theory, but at least based on there being some degree of evidence that it originated in a food market, and is not being used to spread any sort of political stance.

So yes, one of these talking points is absolutely, undeniably, an ideologically-driven talking point.
You're just regurgitating labels without making an argument. Whether or not the virus was created in a lab is a factual question. People will marshal assortments of facts in service of their agendas, but either it was or it wasn't. There is no direct evidence — as you admit — for either theory, but facts, by themselves, cannot be "far-right." Arbitrarily deciding that a lab origin can be ruled out, because it'd be politically inconvenient for you if it were true, is very, very stupid.

There are no facts that it originated in a lab, and the scientific and medical communities have pointed out that it's highly unlikely. The problem is that takes like yours are treating a conspiracy theory that was created solely for propaganda purposes, not only as a rational thought, but as something that is factual or grounded in reality.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2021, 03:36:18 AM »

I see no problem with this. Andrew Cuomo is innocent and deserves the strongest defense strategy possible.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »

Denounce BlueAnon, immediately.  Do it now - or prepare to be included in the bipartisan commission report that will be issued at a date TBD.

Because spraying paint on a sidewalk is the same as a violent coup attempt by people openly seeking to murder members of congress.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »

Really his whole posting history should be here, even only a few posts in.

I wonder what will qualify as extremist thinking? Perhaps simply recognizing the 2020 USA election for the sham it was will put you on the list, in which case i think you will also see people overseas being listed eventually as it is a worldwide phenomenon to recognize who truly won 2020
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 07:47:02 PM »

Hammy i have been reading this forum for months before making an account and remember you are one of the Democrat supporters cyber bullied by other posters for not being optimistic enough? Or do I incorrectly remember? If so I would appreciate if you did not try cyber bullying me please but at the same time I recognize the importance of free speech so if you really want to you can stay at the same path

I was one of the pessimists.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2021, 08:41:46 PM »

Two for the price of one today.

Where are all the red avatars to point-out about how ignorant the local/state leadership must be to leave critical infrastructure "unweatherized" for once-in-a-century events like this one?

Anyone who loses their life in this disaster, their blood is on Trump's hands. These heat waves are being caused by climate change, which Trump exacerbated.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »

There is ample evidence Mossad was involved in 9/11, and saying so is not "anti-Semitism". Israel is a country, not an ethnicity.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2021, 05:11:05 PM »

Exactly these incompetently run elections undermine trust and confidence and make it seem like Trump's BS of election fraud may be sort of true. New York state and the city are a disgrace when it comes to managing elections properly. Not want to sound lecturing here, but sometimes I think you guys just should get out and let us Europeans run your elections. We don't have the issues.

Forget Europe. Florida does it completely right.

They're really good at it. But don't take my word for it.

Jeb! is spot on here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-florida-became-americas-vote-counting-model-11604703732

I mean after the debacle in the aftermath of the 2018 senate race, it seems clear that there’s something to be desired with their election administration.

I hate to defend Florida but, at least the administration of the vote count and such, Florida has done a fairly good job and seems to have actually learned from 2000. New York/NYC on the other hand deserve to be shamed into oblivion.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 10:59:07 PM »

ooooo and covid proved that hospitality workers.. many of them are lazy as ****. They are almost as bad as teachers in refusing to go back to work.

Come october they will be begging to get their jobs back. hahahahaha

With the wide availablilty of vaccines, I put the economy at a higher priority than public health.

What an utterly disgusting human being we have here.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2021, 11:15:52 PM »

ooooo and covid proved that hospitality workers.. many of them are lazy as ****. They are almost as bad as teachers in refusing to go back to work.

Come october they will be begging to get their jobs back. hahahahaha

With the wide availablilty of vaccines, I put the economy at a higher priority than public health.

What an utterly disgusting human being we have here.

There is no need for covid mitigation measures at this time due to wide spread vaccines being available.

The very most I would support at this point would be modest capacity limits and indoor masking if a vaccine escaping variant does come on the table but coronaviruses can  NOT mutate so fast as to render a vaccine useless.

The problem isn't that you're opposed to restriction measures (as I am as well when it comes to lockdowns--I'm going to continue wearing a mask but I want to get out of the house and do stuff again too.) It's that you're obsessed with opposing them to the point of turning the thread into a personal soapbox against a nonexistent lockdown crusade and sh**tting on people you perceive as being part of said faction, hence their placement here.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2021, 06:14:32 PM »

A year later trump is right. 

STOP THE TESTING!!!

Yet another exhibit showing Dems are in fact just as bad as Republicans--now that their side is in power, reality must be hidden from view.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:18 AM »

This is the equivalent of prosecuting Jesus to modern day Democrats.

On the topic of Republicans prosecuting Fauci for not being a Trump yes-man.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2021, 09:34:24 PM by Hammy »

I'm spitting straight facts, always sourced, and you seem to be unable to accept them, relying instead on outdated information or outright lies. Mighty Trumpist of you. How many red hats do you have in your closet? Do you think Biden won the 2020 election fairly?

"Spitting facts" says the person whose reply is filled with nothing but smears.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »

Last year when Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's were canceled, our overlords said not to worry, because everything would be normal this year.

But now they're saying it'll probably all be canceled this year too.

I don't have the articles handy, but I saw this a week or two ago.

People are getting unhinged with both the gaslighting and citing sources they conveniently can't supply.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 03:18:14 AM »

you could end all this panic by just forcing journalists to stop talking about it and getting rid of government/corporate rules related to it

why keep the hysteria going?

Just bury your head in the sand and yell as loudly as you can and pretend it's not reality because it goes against your narrative is literally all these people have left.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »

good, they can be the guinea pigs testing if the clot shot is actually safe and do something of use for society for the first time in generations

Ah yes, the "clot shot" that has led to zero blood clots. And once again the mods are being useless when it comes to outright disinformation.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »

mass arrests of news reporters for mentioning covid at all along with permanently shutting down the msm seems like a better and better policy as time goes on
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2021, 03:22:14 PM »

no the traitors were the radical left-winger abolitionist new englanders

This is one of the worst takes on this forum, ever.

But at least somebody finally admits that the abolitionists were on the left and not right.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »

Also reminder that it's very easy to do edgy humor without being a bigot (see: IASIP, Curb).

Alphabet Person spotted
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2021, 10:47:29 PM »

I really hope that Medicare is expanded at least.

No offense, but I could care less about rewarding this current generation of seniors for their own despicable decisions. Climate change needs to be the priority, not comforting the comfortable, and telling the rest of us to go f**k ourselves. White Boomers don't deserve any sympathy, or any more entitlements. We can do without the Medicare provisions, but climate change is non-negotiable.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2021, 05:35:30 PM »

If there is democratic backsliding in the United States, it probably began with the theft of the 2016 Democratic primary.

Amazing that people are still parroting this garbage line, it's as absurd as claiming Russia altered the results in 2016 or that Biden stole 2020.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2021, 12:46:49 AM »

I don’t fear the return of Trump, but I fear the reaction of the left to his return.  They basically destroyed our Great American Cities in 2020 with their rage and most still haven’t recovered. The summer of  2020 is going to look tame compared to what they’ll unleash next time.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2021, 02:13:49 AM »

Why is Gen Z triggered by this?  Does one of the characters pay back a loan or something horribly offensive like that?

Someone's still salty about the student loan deferment.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2022, 10:01:34 PM »

I don't recall Hannity's brother ever being governor anywhere, so I'm not sure what this "exact same thing" is.

So, it's only a problem to use corporate news investigative resources if you're secretly assisting your brother, but not the (Republican) President?

Interesting situational ethics.

If you're going to claim it's "exactly the same", then literally yes, by your own claim. People here seem to have difficulty grasping how language works. Again, what about the situation is exact that you're going to make such a comparison.

I already described it and I later posted an article on it.  If you claim to know how language works, then surely you can read.

Yes, you linked a paywalled article that can't be vetted or read. But I guess doing above and beyond to cement your place as one of the biggest left-wing Trumpian equivalents.

It's interesting, Sean Hannity has received a subpoena, and yet you know nothing about it, but knew all about Chris Cuomo.

Here is a story:
https://thenewsmotion.com/sean-hannity-is-asked-to-cooperate-in-jan-6-inquiry-as-panel-details-texts/

The difference between me, and the Trump cult, of which you seem to be increasingly a proud member, is that I'm honest. That you fall for lies isn't my fault and it doesn't make me a liar.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2022, 09:25:02 PM »

We're free cause the Biden and Fauci plan to put the unvaccinated in a concentration camp is being stymied by the Supreme Court because our Constitutional Republic prevents our democratically represented public servants from giving Hitler or Stalin all the powers cause they have 50.1% of the vote in a national election.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies